• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo2k9 thread

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
That **** was MAD hype! ****ing thought for sure Wong's Rog would've got that. TOO **** good though. So happy EVO had a stream this year. These past three days were awesome.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
that was so ****ing good. I dun care what anyone says SF4 is hella good, competitive and technical.
DAIGO!!! Comin thru in the clutch as always.

That still doesn't make SF4 as good as advertised. It can be hella good, competitive and technical but SF3 Third Strike is better, more competitive, and thousand times more technical than SF4.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I dunno, 3rd Strike was pretty nice, but I would give the nod to SF4.
The advancements in its Metagame are pretty remarkable.

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
DAIGO!!! Comin thru in the clutch as always.

That still doesn't make SF4 as good as advertised. It can be hella good, competitive and technical but SF3 Third Strike is better, more competitive, and thousand times more technical than SF4.
I can offer no opinion on the matter of which game is better lol considering I've barely played SF4 and SF2 and no other SFs.

watching it is just epic. Reminds me of melee finals.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if only wong mained balrog lol. still daigo is epic. how much money did he win?

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
**** SON PULLIN OUT DA BALROG AND ALMOST MAKING IT THROUGH SON.

Ah, good **** to both Wong and Daigo. Good **** to Sanford and Yipes and Wong in MvC2, it was mad fun to watch. 3rd Strike was meh, not much hype except for the Akuma Player that was tearing it up.

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
Is that all you gonna do StaFu, just watch livestreams? Go to an actual tourny guy

LOLJK actually I'm not kidding

I DIDNT KNOW MARS GAVE JP AND THEM A RIDE, YOU GUYS SHOULDA CALLED ME TO SEE IF I WANTED A RIDEEEEE.

Woulda soooo gone. Im tired of being here in the confines of my room with no PS3 and no nothing. I'm going to look for a job today.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'm surprised that Flash Metroid wasn't at EVO...unless he got put out early or something? I was at work while the tourney was going on, and was only able to catch a glimpse of Marn losing in the grand finals.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I'm surprised that Flash Metroid wasn't at EVO...unless he got put out early or something? I was at work while the tourney was going on, and was only able to catch a glimpse of Marn losing in the grand finals.
he IS AT EVO

he got 3rd in guilty gear FOOL!!! O_< ultra hype when he gets back.

his cviper did get put out tho...but its k he was the fastest sf player tech wise lol...not so much street fighter wise xD

DFEAR

Smash Hero
not sure about him only saw pool matches for him probably got far but not enough...latif was so good jesus. so many unblockables O_<

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Wow...I'd be very surprised if Elven Shadow didn't get out of pools. Yea man, from what I did see, that Latif dude was scary.

Ever heard of two Japanese players named Inoue and Ogawa? Apparently Inoue(OS) actually escaped out of Eddie's unblockable.

AfroQT

Smash Master
You can escape eddie's unblockables, its just difficult todo, especially more then once or twice seeing as eddie can switch up the timing.

So daigo won evo? (sf4)?

Who got 2nd

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Eddie's "unblockables": yeah you can actually escape them because, contrary to popular belief, they're not TRUE unblockables. That's because GGAC's system doesnt allow you to hit with a high AND a low at the same time.

The problem with the setup is that to block it, you have to be frame perfect going from high to low, OR from low to high. And it's pretty much impossible to tell if the high or low is coming first (the timing)

__

I was mad as **** when I saw Flash lose GGAC. I wanted May up in that ****. Only character I have character favoritism for.

I WAS ALSO SAD THAT RTD DIDNT MAKE IT FOR ATL :(. EVEN IF HE WAS PLAYING HILDE XD. HOW THE **** USA LET FRANCE WIN SC4 :|.

*rips shirt to reveal Japanese flag*

DAIGO!!!!

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Aaaah, ok. I played GG, but never got hardcore into it. I should though, game is awesome. In the video I watched, I think the dude FD'd a high, and then crouched the next possible second to block the low. I'm going to go ahead and assume that's how it was then. Thanks for clearing that up.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh what? The videos were removed for copyright reasons? Explain this ****!

Also - I hurd Justin Wong plays his Ryu 8 hours a day and can always street fighter. Is dis tru?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
evo releases dvds EVERY YEAR so it's to be expected that alot of their stuff gets pulled from youtube until like, way after they release it. Unless it was stuff captured by somebody's camera (i think).

dvds are standard for majors. Infact, there actually has been a lil talk about streaming and why it shouldnt be done (until there's a way to make people pay for it).

__

As for jwong, joking or not he probably does play SF4, or atleast some games, that long. If not, longer.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
evo releases dvds EVERY YEAR so it's to be expected that alot of their stuff gets pulled from youtube until like, way after they release it. Unless it was stuff captured by somebody's camera (i think).

dvds are standard for majors. Infact, there actually has been a lil talk about streaming and why it shouldnt be done (until there's a way to make people pay for it).

__

As for jwong, joking or not he probably does play SF4, or atleast some games, that long. If not, longer.

No dvds this year actually. Instead you can see the matches if you sign up for an ign insider account for like $15 bucks. They already have the finals up for Marvel, SF4, and HD Remix

Top Bottom