• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nairo could've taken 2 games off ZeRo; its a shame Fsmash doesn't link and he felt like he needed to style.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So who's ready for Patch v.10 that nerfs Fair, Nair, Needles, Dthrow, and Bouncing Fish to kingdom come?

Nintendo's watching this, and they see the shenanigans, soooooo, lol

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Regi is showing his lack of experience and how painfully linear GnW is, depending so much on his grabs..
Late since I was at work, but I don't feel like Game & Watch is as dependent on his grabs as he is being able to follow up in a string with wide-ranging attacks. Luma just shuts all of that down.

When will the stream be archived?

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I don't have much to say about Ally choosing Marth. If he would have labbed the buffs like I've been insistently asking him to (not 1 Nair or Utilt or DS OoS or Jab) then he would have had that game because Mr. R was asking to lose that match the way he was playing. I understand tournament nerves but you can tell Ally is stuck in last patch and that his Marth was rusty in general. If Ally won the match playing this way, it would have been undeserved. Okay so maybe I did have much to say.

About ZeRo he's either the luckiest guy in the world or a genius and the best innovator. Did he DI that Fsmash? Did he purposely DI the second Uair and the up B so that the up B whiffs? Maybe. Probably even. He played very well and Nairo kind of chocked. But you can tell Nairo is a threat. Each game was close in some way despite ZeRo's luck/research and despite Nairo's mistakes and SD.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mr. R's Sheik is more disgusting than Zero's.

Zero is probably the better player, but it's hard not to see the potential in the character from the crispness and tech from Mr. R's Sheik.

If I was a Sheik player, I'd for sure be studying Mr. R.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
The plays in this tournament is so much crisper than Apex now we all just need to stop SDing and learn to tech.

Edit:also forgot to mention people need to learn to counter pick better it feels like people don't know there are more than 5 stages.

Last edited:

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
The reason nairo's fsmash whiffed wasn't because zero had some godly DI or something, the fsmash was just charged too long so zero was launched too high from dsmash causing the second hit to not connect. The most reliable (and powerful in some cases) is jump backwards then down b kick. The hitstun from dsmash is so long it practically allows you to aim down b onto them.

Don't think I've ever whiffed that even under tournament pressure. Really hope nairo takes this though, he's such a good player to study.

EDIT: Also I'm not sure if I agree that sheik needs a nerf. She has bulk options, but she's not that crazily above the other characters imo. If anything just increase endlag on needles a bit.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I just noticed this is another Abadango rematch; the first fight between them (I don't think they did at Apex) was in a French tournament.
And, I agree: Sheik needs a nerf 24/7. If she won't lose power, at least make her lighter or laggier!

Last edited:

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
The reason nairo's fsmash whiffed wasn't because zero had some godly DI or something, the fsmash was just charged too long so zero was launched too high from dsmash causing the second hit to not connect. The most reliable (and powerful in some cases) is jump backwards then down b kick. The hitstun from dsmash is so long it practically allows you to aim down b onto them.

Don't think I've ever whiffed that even under tournament pressure. Really hope nairo takes this though, he's such a good player to study.

EDIT: Also I'm not sure if I agree that sheik needs a nerf. She has bulk options, but she's not that crazily above the other characters imo. If anything just increase endlag on needles a bit.
Thats what he tried to do game one and missed, Zero popped out of the stun at a weird angle and Nairo whiffed.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Abadongo gong Rosalina for game 3.
He threw it with the Battlefield pick and Rosalina is not a good choice against Shiek. His Wario stood a much better chance.

Last edited:

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
and like not go to custom tournaments and drop sets by not using the right customs like regi, abadango, ally and many more

BSP

Smash Legend
So who has a better chance vs. Zero? Nairo or Mr R? I think Nario can do it. Have Mr R and Zero played in bracket in the past?

David Viran

Smash Lord
I didn't get to see the fsmash whiff but did zero go into the dsmash kb right before nairo F-smashed? That would make it whiff.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
ZeRo with the eyebrows as the camera zoomed in.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
Seriously if Nairo drops the set to Mr.R Im not watching GF.

Sheik doesnt need nerfs exactly, I think she needs some tweaking. Add frames and lag to some moves, little bit of power to others. In the hands of people with great reaction speed there just isnt enough windows of opportunity to counter-play her right now. Way way too safe.

I didn't get to see the fsmash whiff but did zero go into the dsmash kb right before nairo F-smashed? That would make it whiff.
I believe that is exactly what happened, Nairo charged it on accident and it didnt connect on time.

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
and like not go to custom tournaments and drop sets by not using the right customs like regi, abadango, ally and many more
They used what they were used to but they should of practiced the customs.
So who has a better chance vs. Zero? Nairo or Mr R? I think Nario can do it. Have Mr R and Zero played in bracket in the past?
Yes and it never looked close between Zero and Mr R. Nairo has a much better chance.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
I just noticed this is another Abadango rematch; the first fight between them (I don't think they did at Apex) was in a French tournament.
And, I agree: Sheik needs a nerf 24/7. If she won't lose power, at least make her lighter or laggier!
As far as we Pac-Man players know, that was the last time Abadango used Pac-Man vs Sheik in tournament.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
How good is Wario with waft vs without? The whole, "you can't camp Wario because waft" feels incredibly wrong to me. He still needs to get a waft setup. Waft doesn't change Wario's neutral too much and if Olimar can camp Wario, he can camp Wario with waft.
In the case of Rosalina and Olimar, Wario with waft is INCREDIBLY strong because of Luma and Pikmin extending the hitbox on top of the fact they're incredibly vulnerable to it off stage. It's easy stocks for Wario.

It's not like Wario's neutral isn't good or anything, he's incredibly mobile so he doesn't have much of a hard time dealing with keepaway. The point is that camping him is a bad idea because you're giving him an opportunity to get the move that ends stocks easily for free. You better be camping the hell out of him considering Waft Wario is probably the scariest character in the game.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
Hey, look, Sheik dittos in GFs.

Man, those customs sure demolished the watchability of EVO.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Seriously if Nairo drops the set to Mr.R Im not watching GF.

Sheik doesnt need nerfs exactly, I think she needs some tweaking. Add frames and lag to some moves, little bit of power to others. In the hands of people with great reaction speed there just isnt enough windows of opportunity to counter-play her right now. Way way too safe.

I believe that is exactly what happened, Nairo charged it on accident and it didnt connect on time.
lol who cares if its another sheik ditto, mr r has a good good shot at taking zero - edit: I'm an idiot and didn't think about the fact that of course he's gonna go diddy cause mr r probe hasn't had that much recent practice against the character owing to it being nerfed and has probably not fought a diddy of zero's caliber in quite a while if ever.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Let me get this right. This is EVO. We allow Customs and through all the "jank", Grand finals is Default Sheik Ditto.

Edit: Oh it is default diddy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom