• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Angel could have gone in harder, but I feel like Abadango would have taken advantage of it and used hydrant combos for massive damage. That shield pressure was real.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Anyone else loves the whristle song from Smashville? I love hearing it. Also K.K.Rider is pretty hype. MJG having a pretty good lead right now.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
See? Custom Villager is beatable!

...sadly, people are lazy and they are going to complain because they are lazy. I'm sad.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
Yeah just noticed lol. Stupid Evo guys.

And Ally got the game pretty easily. Nice Up Smash.

Last edited:

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
MJG was not detonating the balloons, coulda made things a lot more difficult for Ally if he did. Only saw them go off twice. An act of honor or something?

Edit: Numbers vs Zero! GET HYPED! I really hope he didnt get that Wii.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
See? Custom Villager is beatable!

...sadly, people are lazy and they are going to complain because they are lazy. I'm sad.
No. Ledgestalling Villager is the problem not Custom Villager. They are two different play styles.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
rip john numbers
This is my prediction.

also the ending of abadango vs angel was exactly what I expected: a roll onstage hit by an UpB. I didn't think it would be THAT close though.

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Did the Villager recovery fuel nerf in 1.0.8 actually effect any of his/her ledge-stalling capabilities with Customs?

Last edited:

Zelder

Smash Journeyman
I for one am shocked that the best player in the game using the best character beat a mid tier hero.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Did the Villager recovery fuel nerf in 1.0.8 actually effect any of his/her ledge-stalling capabilities with Customs?
It has but you have to hit him low enough to take an effect. This is the reason he stopped flying under the stage.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
So does Zero even play Diddy anymore? i mean, I figured he would ignore him in favor of Sheik pretty quickly, but he's even wearing a Diddy shirt. Stop acting like you care about the character, dude. What happened to Fox, anyway?

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Our WFT hero will be remembered. Pretty cool stuff even after the loss

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I feel like John Numbers should have pulled out his Charizard. That grab game with rage may have helped keep Zero off balance. Probably not enough to swing the set, though.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I think I want to try picking up WFT again. She's been fun from my experience and seeing one break into Top 32 is an encouraging sight.

John Numbers put up a pretty good fight but I'm sure he can still push onward a bit in Losers.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I won't be able to stay up for Ally vs. Zero, which disappoints me. If anyone can adapt like Zero, it's Ally.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If WFT loses the Sheik MU, Charizard gets DESTROYED, needles are too much of a hassle, and he's combo meat, that coupled with the fastest, combo-heaviest character, doesn't sound too promising.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Obligatory "WFT IS GOOD GUYS" post

So does Zero even play Diddy anymore? i mean, I figured he would ignore him in favor of Sheik pretty quickly, but he's even wearing a Diddy shirt. Stop acting like you care about the character, dude. What happened to Fox, anyway?
He won FC Return going solo Diddy like 2 weeks ago. He's going to do everything he can to win, there's a lot of money on the line. He doesn't "act like he cares about the character" so your hostility to him using Sheik is... strange.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
I feel like John Numbers should have pulled out his Charizard. That grab game with rage may have helped keep Zero off balance. Probably not enough to swing the set, though.
I guess if he was confident in his Zard it could have gone better, but I dunno how much work hes put in with him. I agree though, Zard seems like he has some tools to challenge Sheik, even if he is slow.

And I just heard on stream Awesum vs SS is going to happen, which means Tweek lost to another Villager. I was hoping hed do better than that.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Obligatory "WFT IS GOOD GUYS" post

He won FC Return going solo Diddy like 2 weeks ago. He's going to do everything he can to win, there's a lot of money on the line. He doesn't "act like he cares about the character" so your hostility to him using Sheik is... strange.
I didn't mean to come off as hostile, it's no surprise at all Zero plays mostly Sheik now. The man wants to be the best, after all. And he is. I just find his insistence on being known as a Diddy main silly, since he knows that's not who his best character is. I've never been a huge fan of the guy, but he's earned his spot.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If WFT loses the Sheik MU, Charizard gets DESTROYED, needles are too much of a hassle, and he's combo meat, that coupled with the fastest, combo-heaviest character, doesn't sound too promising.
Not really, he has some surprising fast moves in neutral.

He is combo fodder, but she dies at 80%-90% to an Uthrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom