• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Welp. Ally vs ZeRo was a lot more anti-climatic than I was expecting.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Practice>theory. Esam very clearly came in with a plan, and then found it hard to execute. As is the struggle when playing against a character who nobody has much experience with.

Also, I would not be surprised if he was thrown off by the quick gimp. It's like an early goal in soccer/futbol.

Abadango was just Tupac for ESAM.

Also wow, did Esam get a single HSB kill? Maybe it's not as strong as we thought.
ESAM fished for it pretty hard, didn't get a single kill.
Esam also did not read a single airdodge.

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
I think ESAM would've taken it if he's gone to a platforms stage earlier. He did much better in neutral game 3, and likely would've taken it there except for the water SD.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
ZeRo needs to be stopped.

It's not even funny anymore. Not even M2K had this kind of dominant streak in Brawl.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
EVO needs to get better at updating things. Casters dont even know that matches were happening off stream. Or that Vinnie was upset by Bloodcross. Come on guys, keep your peeps in the know.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Interesting to see this. From what I've read, Dabuz thinks Game & Watch is one of the worst fighters in the game.

Edit: So far, ouch...

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
EVO needs to get better at updating things. Casters dont even know that matches were happening off stream. Or that Vinnie was upset by Bloodcross. Come on guys, keep your peeps in the know.
Dapuffster apparently was knocked out by Static Manny. They didn't handshake (Manny mad, not DaPuffster).

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
A character with approach problems losing to a character and player that specializes in anti-approach tactics.

Surprise.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
i'd say :rosalina: is :4gaw: hardest matchup(among a sea of hard matchups)

but i'm impressed regi managed to take him that far. kudos to regi.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I think if anyone can take down zero, it's Abadango Pacman. That was such a crazy and entertaining set.
Unfortunately I think Zero knows what to do after seeing what Abadango's done to all the ppl who have given him room to breathe and will just rush him down so hard Abadango won't be able to set his traps up.Moreover, **** that bad luck Regi had having to go up against Dabuz ugh that looked unwinnable :SEdit: why does all my tabbing and thus paragraphing disappear when I post so that I have to edit it in afterwards every time I post? Very annoying.Oh well, Regi should've used customs, he could've done quite a lot more if he had.Edit2: can't even seem to edit tabs into my posts now lol

Last edited:

Dogivet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dogivet
3DS FC
1375-7594-5859
Inexperience or not against Rosalina, that set shows more examples of Luma's horrible implementation into this game.

I guess the saying is true, 'when Luma glows red, you're probably dead'.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Unfortunately I think Zero knows what to do after seeing what Abadango's done to all the ppl who have given him room to breathe and will just rush him down so hard Abadango won't be able to set his traps up.Moreover, **** that bad luck Regi had having to go up against Dabuz ugh that looked unwinnable :SEdit: why does all my tabbing and thus paragraphing disappear when I post so that I have to edit it in afterwards every time I post? Very annoying.Oh well, Regi should've used customs, he could've done quite a lot more if he had.
He's going to switch to Wario anyway

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Losers is gonna have sick stuff like Larry vs dabuz and Rain vs Fow playing for top 8!

:059:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So my net crashed during the esam vs abadango match.

Anyone can give me a quick summary of what happened so far?
From what i heard i guess esam somehow died to the water from the hydrant, and Ally lost against Zero.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
After all these villager it seems to me that default timber and the kills it can get is a better option in a lot of MU.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
So my net crashed during the esam vs abadango match.

Anyone can give me a quick summary of what happened so far?
From what i heard i guess esam somehow died to the water from the hydrant, and Ally lost against Zero.
ESAM vs Abadango was close as hell, and ESAM might have won but he lost a stock to an SD, using HSB and the hydrant water helping to propel him past the blast zone. Ally got destroyed. I stopped watching because it was so one-sided.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
ESAM vs Abadango was close as hell, and ESAM might have won but he lost a stock to an SD, using HSB and the hydrant water helping to propel him past the blast zone. Ally got destroyed. I stopped watching because it was so one-sided.
Dayum... i know it's Zero and it's Sheik vs Mario but still.

Well, at least i'm glad Abadango won. Since no Megaman won anything, i'm rooting for the Pac.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Since bucket could absorb star bit, could he have forced Rosalina to approach, or at least throw out Luma?
Bucket has a fair amount of end lag after catching something, unless it's the final stack.

Also, FWIW, default Star Bits do not count as projectiles and can't be absorbed. (Sakurai laughs in the background.)

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Default Sonic confirmed more problematic than Wind Kong and Stalligers :yeahboi:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Is it wrong for Sky to say the players' real names, if the EVO page displays them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom