• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSP

Smash Legend
Would an Ftilt have KO'd there? I feel like Mr R threw that one away by not turning around and Ftilting.

Oh well, good match. Sad we're not at Bo5's.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Nairo is REALLY pulling through today.
And Abadango is going Wario?
This should be interesting.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
And Zero won......dear god. Somebody.....just stop him...

........damn it, Zero.........

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Would an Ftilt have KO'd there? I feel like Mr R threw that one away by not turning around and Ftilting.

Oh well, good match. Sad we're not at Bo5's.
Nairo almost threw the game because he didn't just fsmash after that dsmash confirm. Wouldn't have been a last hit situation.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I can't watch it, but I don't imagine it going well. I hear he just has Speeding Bike and you -need- Rose Waft to threaten Sheik's spacing in any meaningful way.

EDIT: Ninja'd. I was right.

Last edited:

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
ZeRo has freaking laser precision. He cant be human. Poor Abadango, I was hoping he would at least take a game off him.

Edit: Reflex what happened to you at EVO, couldnt make it? Pretty sure you woulda done really well too.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Hey Wario Mains,

What was Abadango doing wrong in this MU? What was Zero doing that was stopping these setups? And lastly, what could have Abadango better in this match?

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
such a waste not using rose waft, makes the matchup like twice as easy :Sinstead saving the regular fart and thus not being able to ko sheik at all.. sigh, using fart twice a match is better, and as wario you should play it slow in order to be able to do that.. so bah that was kinda meh

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Seriously. ESAM's Pikachu just absolutely refuses to die. No matter how many times you get him off-stage, he will ALWAYS come back.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
pika's customs are like the only ones I find annoying, like oh noes he got hit by one goddamn thunder thing and boom dead and I'm ****en pro customs as ****

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
It is so ****ing awesome watching a room full of people get hype about this game. I'm so glad Smash 4 gets to have this moment.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
It is so ****ing awesome watching a room full of people get hype about this game. I'm so glad Smash 4 gets to have this moment.
Yeah, it's really great. I just hope whoever ends up facing ZeRo gives him a REALLY hard time. That will be hype

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I do think HSB is a bit too much but it's definitely not the instant win button some people made it out to be.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Ally lets goooo!

Never thought i would've see the day i would root for a Mario lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
Dabuz vs Abadango probably coming up again lol

Edit: Unless FOW can do what no other Ness has done yet.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Edit: Reflex what happened to you at EVO, couldnt make it? Pretty sure you woulda done really well too.
I got to the airport 40 minutes before my flight and they refused to give me a boarding pass.

Hey Wario Mains,

What was Abadango doing wrong in this MU? What was Zero doing that was stopping these setups? And lastly, what could have Abadango better in this match?
The huge Rose Waft hitbox gives Wario a poke with super armor and enormous 360-degree coverage that racks up damage and still KOs at Rage percents. It allows him to threaten her close-quarters game and edgeguard her a lot more easily. Since it charges faster, too, you don't feel inclined to save it for a guaranteed set-up because losing it doesn't cost you the match.

That said, again, I couldn't watch the stream, so I couldn't say what he did wrong. I think I like Regular Bike more in the matchup because she has loads of tools to stuff you and it can take a full set of Needles.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
It'll rarely end well if you're greedy for punishes above a Mario ready to up-smash.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Oh no, I just feel bad for Ness watching this.

Giygas has nothing on Rosalina.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
I got to the airport 40 minutes before my flight and they refused to give me a boarding pass.

The huge Rose Waft hitbox gives Wario a poke with super armor and enormous 360-degree coverage that racks up damage and still KOs at Rage percents. It allows him to threaten her close-quarters game and edgeguard her a lot more easily. Since it charges faster, too, you don't feel inclined to save it for a guaranteed set-up because losing it doesn't cost you the match.

That said, again, I couldn't watch the stream, so I couldn't say what he did wrong. I think I like Regular Bike more in the matchup because she has loads of tools to stuff you and it can take a full set of Needles.
I'm by no means a very good wario despite maining him but thats exactly what I'd say, especially after watching the match, because it got really obvious he simply didn't have the tools required to win.

Last edited:

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Maybe it's just me but, why picking BF agaisn't Rosa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom