• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
ESAM dropped the combo, but Regi choked and got killed. Why not use the bucket tho?
I haven't been able to watch the match so I can't say for sure. But it's probably because there is over a second of lag after collecting levels one and two, ample time for Pikachu to start a combo or hit him with a nasty HSB punish.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
Angel is playing better this weekend than Ive ever seen him play. Hes hungry for this. Possibly a real challenger for top 8.

Edit: Wow if Pac had a reliable grab he really would be a terrific character. I love watching Abadango.
Edit2: Aaaaand Abadongo is running away with game 3. Looks like Angel got a little flustered, stopped playing his game and started playing Dangos.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I'm impressed with Angel. For all his talk, he really has put in some practice and is putting up results. I'm still pulling for Abadango though, just to see a Pac-Man in winners.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Abadango always impresses me to no end with his play. Such an intelligent player who has mastery over his character. I hope he takes this set.

Edit: Wow that was too close. Would that have killed? Not a very satisfying victory I would imagine. Good stuff from both players.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm wondering why Abadango isn't getting keys in his hand.

For Angel sitting on the other side and waiting, a galaxian and hydrant flying at you at the same time will destroy your shield. Pick it up Abadango, you're better than this.

Edit: Also very little trampoline use for some reason. He almost got cheesed at the last second of the timeout, when a trampoline in front of the ledge would've sealed the deal for sure. He pulled it out though.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Wow. The adjustment from Abadango. Unbelievable. He just turned on the aggro PacMan. I think Angel was expecting more of the same, but those set-ups and traps, combined with the follow-ups just overwhelmed him.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
This G&W player, Regi, what the hell did I just watch

He almost took that entire game from ESAM, who had custom Pikachu no less

G&W needs to be re-evaluated
Eh, Game & Watch by design does pretty well against Pikachu. Lasting disjoints with strong aerial mobility, a hard-to-gimp recovery with a solid edgeguarding game himself, and a way to cautiously neutralize Thunder Jolts in Oil Panic. With customs off it's also one of the matchups where Game & Watch's poor kill options aren't as bug of a deal because Pikachu is more or less in the same boat. I look forward to checking out the set a bit later assuming it was archived.

Regi is soooooo on point with those shields, what a great player. I love G&W but he just doesnt have the speed to make up for his light weight. Wonder what someone like Regi could do with a more reliable character. Hope he goes far in losers, he'll be playing Vinnie most likely, I think he can take him.
Game & Watch needs more kill power more than increased speed (though I wouldn't say no to improved frame data).

I'm not sure, Sheik is an uphill battle for Game & Watch as soon as she gets a percent lead and Vinnie is really good.

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
What. A. Finish.

Edit: Angel will be playing winner of MVD vs. Shaky. I cant believe Im saying this but I want the Diddy ditto.

Last edited:

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
WOW! These timeout matches being the hypest so far :p

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
OH MY GOD. He almost killed Abadango. My god. Also, you could taste the salt.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
ANGEL EXPOSED

Great match, so close. I like how we have our top players for smash 4 and really close matches.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That was almost Zero vs. ADHD Brawl Apex 2011 levels of last second clutch.

Last edited:

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
HOLY **** MY HEART ALMOST STOPPED.

Abadango cut it reaaaaly close there, should've just dropped from the ledge. Seriously, did he forgot about that up B??

This is like the 3d time out i've seen, and all times i don't realize how much time had passed until the commentators mention it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Angel should have gone in more, he kept holding back a lot which felt like to me like MU unfamiliarity and having not much of an idea what to do to his set-ups.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Angel was playing out of his mind for that set. Great, great play from both guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom