• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO 2018 Discussion Thread for Smash 4

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Captain Zack 2-0 Mr E, sith some very exciting (sarcasm) basically 0 to death ladder kills both games from Bayo.

IDC if I'm salty or negative,this is really not fun to watch. Begging for Raito or the other Sheik to pull through.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
If there is any Bayonetta who can win EVO, it has to be Zack. His personality greatly matches to his main and he seems to have more passion with his main than Lima or Mistake.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I want to see Nietono take this. He has shown that he can take sets from highly established players when he doesn't get janked at all.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Nietono :4diddy: 2-1 Choco :4zss:
Choco out at 7th! Nietono now fights Mr. E for 5th.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Bets on Raito vs. MVD? I mean, MVD has already lost to Raito and Tamushika, so maybe he just doesn't do very good in this MU, or Raito (and Tamushika) are really good in this MU, and it will show.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
And I'm gone. Ughhhhhhhhhhh. Sorry. Can't help it Raito HAD it.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
This just occurred to me: have any of these top 8 players won a national? I think no matter who wins, it could be their first.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
At first, I though MVD placing 31st PGR at first is bull crap. Now, being able to enter top 8 and winning many players at EVO, I changed my mind. Congrats MVD! :)

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
And MVD ends Raito in the exact same way he ended Cosmos. Well, MVD vs. Mistake now.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
Good job MVD, but god dammit I wanted Raito to win so badly.

Duck Hunt Dog will always be the winner of EVO in my heart

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Nairo got out at 33rd, Wadi didn’t make it, and MKLeo came down with chickenpox.
explains the netta infestation..Alright then I guess I'm hoping MVD or literally ANYONE ELSE but the 3 nettas take it.
What a weird top 8 it feels incomplete

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Nietono :4diddy: 2-1 Mr. E :4lucina:
Mr. E out at 5th and Nietono advances to Losers Semis! If he wins this, not only would every Smash 4 EVO have a different champion, but also a different home country of the champion! (Chile, Canada, USA, Japan)

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nietono :4diddy: 2-1 Mr. E :4lucina:
Mr. E out at 5th and Nietono advances to Losers Semis! If he wins this, not only would every Smash 4 EVO have a different champion, but also a different home country of the champion! (Chile, Canada, USA, Japan)
I'm also looking at the character. Every year, a different character has won EVO, and Bayo would be a repeat (although you could say Nietono for Sheik, assuming you don't count Diddy Kong).

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
I'm also looking at the character. Every year, a different character has won EVO, and Bayo would be a repeat (although you could say Nietono for Sheik, assuming you don't count Diddy Kong).
ZeRo played Sheik and Diddy, Nietono plays Sheik and Diddy. Character will absolutely be a repeat.

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
If this happens I'm quitting until ultimate is released
Odds of Bayo not winning are very low. Nietono would have to beat all three of Mistake, Lima, and CaptainZack (one of them twice) to win the tournament, and he's the only non-Bayo left.
Assuming each set has a 50% chance of going either way, there is a 93.75% chance that Bayo will win the tournament.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
Welp this cements that Bayo should be placed in SS TIER as she clearly in a league of her own vs the rest of the roster. 3 bayos in top 4 without Tweek or Mkleo pocket Bayo either.

Iridium

Smash Hero
ZeRo played Sheik and Diddy, Nietono plays Sheik and Diddy. Character will absolutely be a repeat.
Yeah, well Bayo would make people more salty. Nietono has the Bayo gauntlet now, and I hope he pulls through.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
First Bo5 set (and potentially all Bo5 sets, if Mistake beats Nietono) will be a Bayo ditto. There's no way that's going to cause any problems/controversy....

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Darn it. And to think this EVO would have been very different had MkLeo and Tweek showed up.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Nietono :4sheik: 2-0 Mistake :4bayonetta2:
Mistake out at 4th while Nietono advances to fight CaptainZack in Losers Finals!

Iridium

Smash Hero
Nietono easily went on the best losers run out of all the players at EVO. I'm going to look at it later.

Top Bottom