• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone needs to SUPPORT the new Balanced Brawl!!!

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Here is the link.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

Changes made to Yoshi.

3. Yoshi
GAME CHANGER: Lower hitbox on fair now grounds opponents

Wait, what? The part of Yoshi's fair that spikes opponents will now pound them into the ground if they are not in the air, just like Donkey Kong's side special. It's not the easiest thing for Yoshi to do, but getting to land behind them and swing around with a forward smash makes it all worth it. Yoshi has a few small changes too:

-Slightly more damage on down smash (15%) -> (16%)
-More knockback on down smash (63/30) -> (72/37) % (56/30) -> (68/37)
-More damage on all tilts and pummel (+1% to all)
-More damage on dash attack (9%) -> (11%)
-No helpless fall state out of Egg Roll; it instead refreshes his double jump
-More damage on down-B stars (4%) -> (7%)
-Slightly more knockback on down-B stars (40/50) -> (40/56)

Yoshi's competent but lackluster ground game has been bumped up to par with the rest of the cast. The changes to Egg Roll should greatly enhance his survivability; Egg Roll has the same momentum canceling properties as Mr. Game & Watch's bucket after all.

I for one am extremley pleased about this and will do all I can to support it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm normally not for game changes, but these are actually pretty well thought out.

...wait...did they give us OoS options. -_________-

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yes and no. I do like some of the things they did, but from just reading, the game does not seem balanced as of now. I expect more patches. (For one, Mario sounds like he recieved too many buffs, as does, ironically, Ganon. Ah well, I'll have to play it first to see.)

Metatitan

Smash Master
is this brawl+?
Yes, a true brawl+. They probably still have many things to change, but don't get too excited, stuff like this NEVER becomes mainstream because not all wiis are hacked and not all people accept hacked games like this. There's just something more legit about playing the original. However this abides by brawl's regular physics so who knows how this may turn out.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's more likely to go mainstream than B+ though.

DID WE ****ING GET OoS OPTIONS?! If not, **** em.

Chaco

Never Logs In
No it's not at all. They made it like Melee physics.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's something I could get to liking. It's still Brawl with some minor changes, which I'm happy with. I hear that CGing is no more or something? My brother was telling me about it this morning and it sounds exciting. I'm all for bBrawl.

bigman40

Smash Master
I just looked at it for a little and I think it's great, but there's still a few problems that lie in it for Yoshi (a few wrong buffs too).

We still don't have an OoS game (but Dsmash can kill so it helps some).
Fair was buffered when it didn't need one.
and Dash attack got a bad buff.

Imo, Yoshi's throws and the SDI on his Dair are much more important to us than those two buffs due to the fact that now since we don't have CGs, we can't follow up on stuff anymore. Add that our throws are still weak, and we have a very sorry grab game. Dair......idk where to go with it, but I think it's a better option to buff than Fair. Less SDI on it and/or more hitstun on it would help us out tremendously. We know we all love using this move and we wish it wasn't wrongly nerfed.

Everything else, I see them as really good choices and will help Yoshi rise a little, but not enough to make him as viable as the changes that I see for the other characters.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
They shouldn't have gotten rid of Yoshi's chain-grabs. I mean, I understand that they wanted to get rid of infinites and stuff, but a Yoshi with no chain-grabs is like a Falco with no SHDL, or a Sheik with no tether recovery. It's a radical change. =(

:069:

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Read over the entire "Balanced Brawl" thread, absolutely love the approach. Going for a lot of smaller minor changes that, in the end, make a huge difference. It may need some minor tweaks down the road, but it's certainly "wow'd" me in its coming out party. And egg roll having the same momentum cancelling properties of G&W's bucket? That just sounds awesome in about every way. That's not even mentioning the fair into ground trick and dsmash finally getting knockback. Good stuff BBrawl, Good stuff.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If anything, I thought that would have been his "game changer."

I'm tickled to see that the buff they gave forward air was all in the sake of forward smash, though; the move is stupid strong but so hard to land.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
If the SBR can endorse this there COULD be a chance this could be the brawl we have been waiting for. No gimics, balanced chars etc. weeeee..

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Technically, not really.

If you factor in the windup for the move, the minimum amount of time you have to be in the egg, your fallspeed while in the egg, and the lag upon release, Yoshi would fall more than he would be able to gain during his double jump.

Think of it as dropping three rungs on a ladder to climb up two.

Instead of staying in the air forever, we'll probably just live forever instead. :D

auroreon

Smash Ace
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All my dreams for brawl just suddenly cam true all at once. This is the single greatest thing ever to happen to Brawl. Words cannot express how happy I am right now. I support this 100%.
EVERYONE endorse this, send it to your friends, SPREAD THE WORD. **** normal Brawl, this is where its at.

Guys... we could actually WIN tournaments OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMFFFFFFFGGGG!!!!!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, you still have quite a few dilemmas with playing Yoshi in bBrawl. One, we still don't have a **** OoS game. The Fair, isn't that useful. The extra percents are nice, but will make our combos not last as long. That was one good thing we had going for us. Our ability to string at low percents.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: There's good and bad with it. We'll see where it goes. :D

Just remember that other characters got better, also.

Chaco

Never Logs In
But Meta Knight didn't! :D

Also, C Falcon will be SS tier now. :D Lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Only time will tell how this one goes. For yoshi they gave unnecessary buffs in the wrong places. Fair will never be good, it doesn't have the range to be.

Scala

Smash Ace
Well, you still have quite a few dilemmas with playing Yoshi in bBrawl. One, we still don't have a **** OoS game. The Fair, isn't that useful. The extra percents are nice, but will make our combos not last as long. That was one good thing we had going for us. Our ability to string at low percents.
I might petition for them to make the damage done on tilts and bair back to normal since that was a major part of yoshi's game. I'm all for the extra damage on his downb/smashes though

Chaco

Never Logs In
We do however need our old Dair back. <.<

Also, they should make DR work like DJC Egg Lay. It'd be ****.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Gotta give it time guys, its very much in its infancy and hasn't recieved widespread feedback before now. Im sure with out feedback they will fix the current flaws with their re-balancing of Yoshi.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Looking at the list, they didn't nerf Wario enough. Only a little less damage on his f-smash and u-air... and that's it. Seriously? He'll be the best character in the game if he remains like that (which I doubt he will, but still). X_X

If they can give Yoshi OoS options, then I'll give it a chance. They made pretty unnecessary buffs and took away a lot of Yoshi's grab game, and it'll take a LOT to make up for that.

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm curious about BB. It's not going to wind up Melee-fied like B+, right? They're just balancing the characters within the engine? If so, I'm all for it.

And yeah, a lot of the buffs don't seem necessary and aren't incredibly useful, it seems. The Egg Roll thing is great, and I believe I'll love it forever now.

:027:

Chaco

Never Logs In
The egg roll has extreme lag though. =/

I've been talking to them and suggesting things and what not. So far here are things that cannot be messed with:

Double Jump
Shield
Egg Lay

I really wanted ELF to do more damage, but egg lay is just too tricky to mess with.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Lol wtf, refreshes double jump after using egg roll? With his weight and new momentum cancelling he'll be living forever.

Metatitan

Smash Master
wait so shield cannot be modified in any way?
Well I do know that the brawl+ (or as I call it, melee -) people found a way to make yoshi drop his shield twice as fast as everyone else so that he could have actually just as good an OoS game as everyone else. Mabey even better since his can't be poked easily.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol wtf, refreshes double jump after using egg roll? With his weight and new momentum cancelling he'll be living forever.
Yes he will be living forever.
Lol.

wait so shield cannot be modified in any way?
Well, not really, they just don't want to change it. They see it as a character specific thing that they don't want to tamper with.

Well I do know that the brawl+ (or as I call it, melee -) people found a way to make yoshi drop his shield twice as fast as everyone else so that he could have actually just as good an OoS game as everyone else. Mabey even better since his can't be poked easily.
Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I'll see what they think.

Also, would reducing the knockback on jab help us? I thought it would in early strings, but I wasn't sure if that was something we needed to keep the same.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i dunno about this personally...i don't think bBrawl and Brawl+ can coexist
just lends more credit to those against hacked versions

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Brawl+ isn't even Brawl anymore. I like the way Meta has been putting it lately, "Melee -".

BBrawl, however, seems to just take Brawl as it is and make balance changes, rather than trying to make it Melee.

Top Bottom