• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone needs to SUPPORT the new Balanced Brawl!!!

Chaco

Never Logs In
i dunno about this personally...i don't think bBrawl and Brawl+ can coexist
just lends more credit to those against hacked versions
Well, bBrawl is noting like the crappy B+, I despise B+ and actually like bBrawl.

And shield drop time is a no go. But I think we're getting a major buff on DownB to have a good solid early killer. Pierce was pushing for it to be as strong as Bowsers.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If there is no way to give yoshi OoS he will be bottom tier unless they make him so ridiculously good that the lack of OoS would stop him from being broken.

auroreon

Smash Ace
If there is no way to give yoshi OoS he will be bottom tier unless they make him so ridiculously good that the lack of OoS would stop him from being broken.
This is exactly what I tried to explain to them in the thread, they seem very unwilling to alter Yoshis shield as they see it as a character defining weakness that should stay. I still think if we argue our case enough they will consider improving it, not removing the weakness but just making it a bit more dealable-with.

Well, bBrawl is noting like the crappy B+, I despise B+ and actually like bBrawl.

And shield drop time is a no go. But I think we're getting a major buff on DownB to have a good solid early killer. Pierce was pushing for it to be as strong as Bowsers.
Completely agree about B+. I too despise it.
When they first talked about it I thought it might just be what BBrawl is, character balancing. So I was extremely exited about it... I was very disapointed to finf that it wasn't just character balancing but a completely alien, and to be hounest, pretty awful game.
The fact is that the game is made for players who never quite accepted Brawl and always believed it was inadequite as a competetive game.
Because Brawl has a different playstyle to the other smash games, they see the mechanics of Brawl as fataly flawed, which I personally do not (aside from character balance and silly things like tripping). So they just altered the game to behave in the same way, with the same playstyle of Melee and 64. All hitstun and combos... which makes me a saaad panda.

You mean like giving him a momentum canceler that refreshes jumps? :laugh:
Indeed it is a very good buff, but don't think you will be living up to massive 300+ percentages because of it. Its easy to read it on paper and imagine how amazing it is, but after you actually play BB and try it out you realise that you just can't get EggRoll out fast enough at those massive %s.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
OoS isn't everything.. We have managed it before. It just involved a lot of sidestepping instead of shielding ;P. I think his biggest problem was his ability to get the quick kills vs the higher tier opponent,s not his OoS game. All of our kill moves were obvious and easy to avoid. Downsmash is a great punisher now...

Metatitan

Smash Master
OoS isn't everything.. We have managed it before. It just involved a lot of sidestepping instead of shielding ;P. I think his biggest problem was his ability to get the quick kills vs the higher tier opponent,s not his OoS game. All of our kill moves were obvious and easy to avoid. Downsmash is a great punisher now...
The only reason we weren't bottom tier is because link, jigglypuff, ganon, and falcon were soooo much worse than yoshi camp wise and offensive wise that the OoS thing didn't mean much.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yoshi lives over 200% everytime. He has the best survivability out of anyone.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Adding more damage to eggs is a no. It already deals more than most projectiles.

They don't really alter speeds of things. More or less, buff and nerf. D3 and Pika had their grabs changed and Falco, since they were weirder characters. Using that as an example to say, you can't change the timing of stuff really. It's something they don't wanna mess with.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, Fsmash is slower, and Dsmash is a lot stronger. But I wouldn't say pointless.

Depster

Smash Champion
MELEE DSMASH.

I don't feel like modding my wii just for this though... unless it takes off

JOE!

Smash Hero
think they could add more oomph to the boost you get from airial egg toss?

compensate for some shortcomings by making him survive to like >9000 percent...

Y05H!

Smash Cadet
What are the odds of this actually taking flight in like tourneys and so on? It's an awsome idea, but alot of people will be discouraged by the wii modding. Myself one of them, mainly because I don't have experience doing anything like that.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
-No helpless fall state out of Egg Roll; it instead refreshes his double jump
Wait a minute. So Yoshi can 2nd jump, Egg Roll, 2nd jump etc. over and over again. Surely that would give him a broken recovery?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
As has been previously stated, the lag that comes with getting into and out of egg roll would ensure that you fall further than you rise. However, it does mean Yoshi can live forever. If you get spiked, without your jump, however, you're done since egg roll would still drop you to death. Not that a good Yoshi should be getting spiked.

Top Bottom