• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone asks me why I dislike Wobbles..

Renth

Smash Hero
Let me begin by apologizing to the admins of this forum, I know it is against policy to post threads about specific players especially in this type of manner. I however do not know any better way to do this so i'm just going to hope this doesn't fall on deaf ears.

I'm tired of dodging the question and I am going to go out and show you why.

http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/334757291 - 5:24:33

A lot of people were talking about how everyone loves wobbles on commentary, I personally believe after this unwarranted personal attack that he shouldn't be allowed to. I was super polite the entire time and even after being personally insulted (in front of thousands of people) I was still extremely friendly and didn't say anything negative.

I never wanted to bring this up publicly but I told someone this story and I was accused of "lying, trolling and that wobbles would never do such a thing."

I've been playing competitively since 2005, I'm respected by a decent portion of the community that I am glad to call close friends today. Why should I care what one guy thinks about me? Why should I make a scene about it? Well, truth be told I don't care what he thinks because he doesn't know me. If this is how he talks to people he does not know then frankly, I don't see how so many people try to convince me he's such a good person. His personal opinion means nothing to me however, the fact that he has a lot of respect in the community, that he said what he said in front of thousands of people I feel is an unjustifiable act

I am not looking for an apology, I am not looking to put wobbles "on blast" like he so proudly did to me. I just am tired of trying to explain to people why I dislike him.

- Thank you for your time.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I believe commentators should be held to a certain standard while commentating, and that's not quite what I see here. I completely understand why you wouldn't wanted to be disrespected in front of thousands of people, whether he was serious, trolling, or whatever.

<3 you Renth.

Renth

Smash Hero
You're just trying to explain why you dislike him? Nah, sounds like you're trying to get him to not commentate because he has beef with you.

I didn't think I could like wobbles more, but that video did it. Of course, that's mostly because I have prior silly internet beef with you, but still.

That's the thing, He doesn't have beef with me. He even in the video said himself "I only just heard of you today" I feel the attack was unwarranted and I'm tired of defending myself. I'm letting the public develop their own opinion. Whether you like me or not battlecow it is what it is.

JKJ

Smash Ace
Yeah that's kinda **** what he did, but we all have kinda **** moments, and there really isn't any place for this kind of thread in the Melee Discussion Forum. Sorry he was a little jerkish, but contact him directly about this, don't tell us. I know you are only answering critics, but there are other, better ways.

Renth

Smash Hero
Yeah that's kinda **** what he did, but we all have kinda **** moments, and there really isn't any place for this kind of thread in the Melee Discussion Forum. Sorry he was a little jerkish, but contact him directly about this, don't tell us. I know you are only answering critics, but there are other, better ways.

To be fair, after these events. I was super polite even after his comments. I have no interest in contacting him If I wanted an apology I'd contact him. I... I just am tired of defending myself. Being called a liar about this situation really went deep under my skin and perhaps this was an immature response but I don't know how else to tell everyone that I feel like it should have never happened.

JKJ

Smash Ace
To be fair, after these events. I was super polite even after his comments. I have no interest in contacting him or acknowledging his existence, If I wanted an apology I'd contact him. I... I just am tired of defending myself. Being called a liar about this situation really went deep under my skin and perhaps this was an immature response but I don't know how else to tell everyone that I feel like it should have never happened.
I didn't know you were called a liar, and I don't think its wrong for you to be upset with him for his obvious D**kish remarks for no apparent reason. All I'm saying is, don't start another Unknown/Leffen thread about Wobbles, just contact him and resolve it or let it go and show those who question you this video. It's just the wrong venue for this. That's all I'm saying. I'd dislike him too if he did that to me for no apparent reason.

Edit: And just ignore Battlecow, he has internet beef with pretty much the entire smash community.
Oh look, now he probably has beef with me, too.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah actually though, what prompted that? I assume that even if he actually was a total dickhole, he wouldn't do that on stream if there wasn't some sort of supposed justification--it's too obviously dickholish.

Edit: And just ignore Battlecow, he has internet beef with pretty much the entire smash community.

Oh look, now he probably has beef with me, too.

If you're trying to start like an xzibitesque matryoshka doll of drama then I appreciate the artistic sentiment, but otherwise you should prolly calm it. I don't really know you but you seem like a very confrontational dude.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I see what you mean here. Those remarks he made were very rude. I must say you should either contact him and try in resolve it. If that doesn't work or you simply would not like to contact him it would be best to let it go and spread the word of Wobbles' remarks, showing this video when needed.

HugS™

Smash Lord
At first I was offended, then I rewatched and realized he was joking. It just went over really badly lol.

I'm positive he'd apologize if he saw this, I could see he felt a little awkward once he started to pick up that you weren't getting the joke.

Renth

Smash Hero
At first I was offended, then I rewatched and realized he was joking. It just went over really badly lol.

I'm positive he'd apologize if he saw this, I could see he felt a little awkward once he started to pick up that you weren't getting the joke.

He said I should take the headset off, then immediately started talking to the person next to him. Ignoring me completely after that point (until maybe 5 or so minutes later) , I respect your opinion but I strongly don't feel this was a joke.

Renth

Smash Hero
I hate to be that guy but, why'd you pick 5:24:33 if the audio doesn't cut back in until later?

That was my mistake, It was more of that's when it starts than this is where the audio starts... Sorry about that.

Skyson

Smash Ace
"It really doesn't, I think you should get rid of the microphone now." LOL. I -almost- wanted to believe it was a joke before that, but that did it for me.

Wobbles being a piece of **** to someone? I really want to be surprised.

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
I just don't understand why he'd ****-talk you on stream like that if he just met you. If this is how he conducts himself behind the scenes, then I've lost all respect for him. Hell, seeing this has already made me lose all respect for him.

cemo

white walker
How did the conversation come to that? What were you talking about before that? It's impossible to evaluate this without context, which is unfortunately missing.

Renth

Smash Hero
How did the conversation come to that? What were you talking about before that? It's impossible to evaluate this without context, which is unfortunately missing.

His exact words were "I'm going to put you on blast"

D

Deleted member

i didn't even know you went to that tournament.

battlecow has beef with basically everyone, old news.

Renth

Smash Hero
"Well, truth be told I don't care what he thinks because he doesn't know me"

evidence suggests otherwise

Do i have to say this again? I only went out of my way to explain the situation because I was called a liar, someone tried to say this never happened which got under my skin. Which I later admitted was an immature response but It's out now.

i didn't even know you went to that tournament.

battlecow has beef with basically everyone, old news.

I don't think I saw you there either Max.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
this is not the first time ganon and ice climbers players have had beef

i cried, BizzarroFlame..

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Okay so basically here's how it goes.

I have a super, super dry sense of humor. And I'm very good at maintaining a straight face while saying some of the most absurd **** out there. There are a lot of people out there who are amazed at my ability to deadpan some of the most ridiculous stuff. And I STILL start cracking up halfway through the second rant because I can't keep up the facade.

This was IMMEDIATELY after we had a giant joke exhibition of me trying to wobble his max-handicap Ganon, then doing a fake rage-throw when I lost, then pretending to be extremely salty about it. If you know me, you know that I just about NEVER tell anybody that they are bad unless I am giving them a requested for brutally-honest critique, and it's always with constructive criticism. If you know me, you will also know my stance on trash-talking, which is that I am not particularly fond of it. So looking at this from my perspective, I'm mind-boggled by how anybody could not see it as nothing more than extremely deadpan sarcasm.

I don't know why nobody ever brought this up to me, considering I'm one of the people involved. But it was a joke. And when I joke, sometimes I don't actually have limits about where I take my jokes, because I am extremely difficult to offend, so that carries over into how I conduct my own humor. This frequently comes as a surprise to people who know me, because in general I try to be very nice and polite. But none of my rant was meant to be serious. This particular rant, "washed-up-has-been-never-was-no-skill" is a running gag in Arizona that me and Taj throw around at each other all the time, and I was hoping it was so over-the-top that you could not believe it was actually serious.

But none of that actually matters if you were genuinely hurt by what I said. That's not the goal of my jokes. My goal is to get people that I joke about in on it and have them laughing with me. If that fails, then I've failed. And I'm sorry that I did so, because that means it hurt you, and that wasn't my intent.

Moreover, I'm sorry that when you tried to explain yourself, people accused you of being a liar. Because it's clear that you're not lying about how you *feel,* and what you're upset about actually *did* transpire. So again, I'm sorry Renth. I enjoyed our goofy exhibition set and I enjoyed chatting with you, and I'm sorry that my humor became a way to hurt you rather than include you in the mock-saltiness I was trying to convey.

Even more so, apparently I began ignoring you afterwards. One of my own pet peeves is being ignored and dismissed. I think it's unbelievably rude, and if I did that to you, then I'm extremely ashamed of my behavior. That's not the kind of person I want to be, and it's not how I want people around me to feel about themselves.

If you still dislike me, I don't blame you. But please know this whole thing was not meant to occur the way it did, at all.

Renth

Smash Hero
Thank you for your maturity.

I am deeply sorry for going about this the way I did, I inappropriately lashed out publicly and I made you look like a monster in a community where you are loved, respected and have a lot of friends. I cannot be forgiven for that level of immaturity I am glad you can see things from my point of view and how I felt about it.

In the future, If something happens like this again I will be straight forward with you. Judging by how harsh and the level of cruelness in the words it was very hard to see this in a joking manner when on the receiving end of it.

I may still have some salt laying around but I promise I will keep it to myself.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
If I were in your position and I thought the other person was being serious, I'd have probably been extremely upset as well. So please don't apologize.

Renth

Smash Hero
Viewing thread: Wobbles

EDIT: Damn it the climax wasn't nearly as dramatic as I'd hoped. :\

Well, Wobbles and I. I believe are both in our mid twenties. I can't imagine us being too much like f you motha fawk, i will cut you ***** boy, ect.ect.

Also considering this all occurred over a year ago the wound isn't as fresh or as deep as it was. Asking me to remove my headset and then seemingly want nothing to do with talking to me anymore I think was more hurtful than the string of insults. I was just very offended someone would accuse me of lying about this.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Man, I'm really proud of this community

And Wobbles is still the best commentator even though that must the most insulting, most awful joke I've ever heard

**** you Wobbles, you piece of ****

jk

I love you man

Renth

Smash Hero
Lol told a ya, dude.

**** you, you over rated, washed up, has been, never was, joke of a samus player.

- If I was random smasher #4828 and this was taken out of context it's easy to get offended. In this case, If I were say a well known competitive smasher and the other end was some semi-popular ganon player. The words have more sting to them then they already did. ;)

Top Bottom