• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everybody Loves Manko #1 (All Tourney Vids Online!)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670

Date: March 15th, 2008

Fees & Payouts:
- $5 door fee (to cover cost of rental)
- $10 teams
- $15 singles
- Pot split 70/20/10 for both tourneys.
- No money taken from pot by host.

Rules: (Subject to change / open for discussion)
- 3 stock for singles, 4 stock for teams. 8 minute timer on both.
- Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for semi/grand finals)
- Double Elimination
- Dave's Stupid Rule

Stage Selection: (DISCUSS!)
- Neutral / Random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island
- Counter Pick: Battleship Halberd, Bridge of Eldin, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Distant Planet, Frigate Orpheon, Great Sea, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Luigi’s Mansion, Mario Circuit, Pictochat, Rainbow Ride, Yoshi's Island [pipes]
(Singles only: Norfair – Teams Only: Corneria)
- Banned: Big Blue, Donkey Kong Arcade, Elektroplankton, Flat Zone 2, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros. Arcade, Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Onett, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Sky World, Spear Pillar, The Summit, WarioWare
(Singles only: Corneria - Teams only: Norfair)

Team Results: (8 teams)
1. Crom & Reno ($112)
2. Vericz & Zoro ($32)
3. Hiroshi & H-Box ($16)
4. Noucles & Living Legend
5. Mankosuki & Lamugi
5. Monk & Rozengun
7. IceKid & UnderScore
7. Simpsom & Lobo

Team Brackets

Singles Results: (13 Players)
1. IceKid ($136.50)
2. Reno ($39.00)
3. Zoro ($19.50)
4. Crom
5. Monk
5. Hiroshi
7. H-Box
7. Vericz
9. Mankosuki
9. BluRay
9. AT&T
9. Simpson
13. UnderScore

Singles Brackets

[thread=159777]Tourney Vids![/thread]

D

Deleted member

first post and i do love manko.

but you live too far away now!
plus im feeling super disappointed by brawl so i may quit smash if melee doesnt live on.

<3 though

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I might be able to bring a Wii, not sure about a tv though. If I do bring a tv, I more than likely will be bringing a VCR. But don't count on me bringing a tv/VCR.

edit: I need to just buy a small tv to keep in the trunk of my car so I can just bust it out when I need it.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Myself and Underscore from willvolution.com will be coming to this event on our way up to Final Round sunday.

Zoro

Smash Champion
I disagree with great sea being neutral stage
Bombs from the background can kill you also there is a wierd launcher thing on the boat that can kill you also the whole swimming thing is kind of gay

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Back from the dead!

I'll try to make it, no promises yet.

I'll have a couple days to play the game before this, so I'll see what my friend Chris says about the whole thing.

I'd still much rather meet up in a non-tourney environment and practice this game then play against people who have had the game for awhile now.

Who knows!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Taylor: Love you too bud. I miss you LA guys.

Scarface: You can always just come for the friendlies and not compete. There'd be more than just Tampa here.

I disagree with great sea being neutral stage
Bombs from the background can kill you also there is a wierd launcher thing on the boat that can kill you also the whole swimming thing is kind of gay
opps. I thought I had moved it to counter pick already.

How's the other stages look?

Zoro

Smash Champion
How's the other stages look?
Stage Selection: (DISCUSS!)
- Neutral / Random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island
- Counter Pick: Battleship Halberd, Bridge of Eldin, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Distant Planet, Frigate Orpheon, Great Sea, Green Greens, Green Hill Zone, Jungle Japes, Luigi’s Mansion, Mario Circuit, Pictochat, Port Town Aero Drive, Rainbow Ride, Sky World, The Summit, Yoshi's Island [pipes]
(Singles only: Norfair – Teams Only: Corneria)
- Banned: Big Blue, Donkey Kong Arcade, Elektroplankton, Flat Zone 2, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros. Arcade, Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Onett, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Spear Pillar, WarioWare
(Singles only: Corneria - Teams only: Norfair)

The summit is impossible to play on Id put it under banned staged. Also sky world is the gayeszt map of all time If your in the middle you can only die by going right the platforms stop you from going anywhere. Im thinking ban for that. The cars in port town kill at 80 % and at time they are hard to avoid and come out of nowhere its not like mute city at all where the cars barely get in the way. I think ban for that too. Castle seige does change but none of them have enviromental hazards also the stage is big enough where even in the second stage you wont get gayed easily at the edges of the map like mushroom kingdom stages in melee. I see no problem with it being a neutral stage. These are just my opinions im not sure what stages other tournaments have put under neutral or counter pick so I guess its best to check with those.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Cash: I knew you'd go, you're aways coming to Tampa.

Lamugi: Thanks. I'll be able to compete if I've got help running it. :)

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Dude Joe what up man I want to make it to this sooo bad. It is your tourney after all.

Also, something to look at. The 2nd round of the gamestop tournament series is also march 15th if I am not mistaken.

If we do end up coming I'll help you run it also Joe so you can play.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I would love if you guys could make it. It's been too long since our last get together.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I like the nuetrals but I don't like a large portion of the counter picks. I'm not a fan of anything where the stage can kill you. Corneria, Delfino plaza, etc I'm fine with because they're not too bad

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
- Moved to Neutral: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza
- Moved to Banned: Port Town Aero Drive, Sky World, The Summit

feel free to argue stages more.

vericz

Smash Champion
it would take to long
brawl damage thingy is wayyyyyy diffrent from melee characters can go up to 175 and still live. without proper di
Ive seen a few 3 stock matches last 1:30 which isnt very long, and melee games were timed between 6-8 minutes. Although the games generally didnt last 8 minutes. 3 is fine i dont mind but im pretty sure it might get bumped up later on

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I heard G&W can d-throw through the clouds for a spike, I'm sure others can as well.

With the Hyrule-like cave aspect when platforms are there and the lack of tether recovery when they aren't, SkyWorld seems pretty gay. I wasn't sure about it before having not played it, but it's a ban now.

*edit*: if it seems like we've got a lot of time to spare we could go for 4 stock, though the default will be 3. I'm doing teams at 4 stock as kind of an experiment. I figure teams would move quicker since there's more action on the screen and it's not as campable.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, screw SkyWorld.

I'd say stick with 3 stock all around, but you may be right about teams.

Also, I've been gayed on Castle Siege before, while it was switching back to the original design I ended up under a little clip of the stage and my up b failed. That may have been a fluke or just my fault though, Castle Siege is good for the most part.

Why no Corneria on singles? :)

Edit: And doesn't lava cover the whole screen at one point on Norfair?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
crom = **** beware.

I'm most likey coming to this.

OTRU ski and me will ****.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Why no Corneria on singles? :)

Edit: And doesn't lava cover the whole screen at one point on Norfair?
I heard there were some "infinite" issues with levels with walls, though I don't know if it's really a problem anymore. I was going to allow Corneria for Teams since your teammate would be able to help you if you are getting infinited. As for Norfair's lava covering all, that's why I wasn't going to have it on teams. Only one teammate would be able to take cover, and that's just dumb.

xyz: who's Ski?

Crom

Smash Journeyman
crom = **** beware.

I'm most likey coming to this.

OTRU ski and me will ****.
:) This will be fun

I heard there were some "infinite" issues with levels with walls, though I don't know if it's really a problem anymore. I was going to allow Corneria for Teams since your teammate would be able to help you if you are getting infinited. As for Norfair's lava covering all, that's why I wasn't going to have it on teams. Only one teammate would be able to take cover, and that's just dumb.
Ahh, yeah if there's infinite's on corneria then screw it. As for norfair though, I still don't like the idea of getting killed by the stage because you didn't make it to the safe room.

Also you can put down Reno on the attendance list. He's the only one in my crew confirmed but theres a chance we could have 3-4 more as well.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Alright, after playing more tonight, in my opinion the mario kart level should be banned, it's too annoying.

Also, while Castle Siege and Delfino are pretty nuetral, it just doesn't feel right having them on random since they both have walk off edges at certain points. I think it would be best to move them back to counter pick.
Just my 2 cents

Top Bottom