• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ever wanted to not go into free fall state after aerial Quick Draw?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yeah, me too.

[/topic]

Actually, what I am here to say today is an odd occurrence that sometimes happens on Final Destination. Basically, there is a location in the lip that if you hit it with Quick Draw, you will drop down a bit, but receive your midair jump back as well as the ability to Aether/QD as you please. Nifty, no?

Here's a saved replay of me doing it twice while some CPU Ganondorf was annoying me:

http://files.filefront.com/rp+081106+1512bin/;12273836;/fileinfo.html

The use for this? I'm not sure. :)

EDIT: Colaya has graciously provided a video of it in action, watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpaaClYpjro

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Er, youtube please. My computer doesn't like to download things, and most of the time downloaded videos aren't in the right format for Macs. Unless it's actually in Quicktime for once.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Er, youtube please. My computer doesn't like to download things, and most of the time downloaded videos aren't in the right format for Macs. Unless it's actually in Quicktime for once.
That's actually the Brawl replay file. I lack a capture card, so the best I can do is give .bin files from an SD card.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
>_> I don't have an CD card reader.

Dang it, I wanna to see exactly how it worked and if I could figure out a way to get it to work on other stages.....would it work on Castle Siege Part 1 on the right side?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well if this only works for FD, than it's not so helpful. If it's for all stages, than it might be useful.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The Link boards look at this too.

It's incredibly hard to replicate intentionally, especially without a video. Till then, we can't really make a use out of this.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yeah, I realize that the lack of a video is totally lame.

If anyone has the time to record it, that'd be pretty cool.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Yeah if someone will be so kindly to put this on youtube, for the same reason as this except not for Mac. I would also like to watch it but I don't have a CD reader for it.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I COULD record it, but... It'd be pretty crappy quality... D:

Like, I'd have to record it with a video camera... I don't think it'd be worth it, since someone else is probably gonna come along in an hour or two and use a capture card or something... xD

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
To be honest, this actually happened to me before (I wasn't recovering, but I glitched out at the edge). I could record it, but it's on my friend's Wii, not mine.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I COULD record it, but... It'd be pretty crappy quality... D:

Like, I'd have to record it with a video camera... I don't think it'd be worth it, since someone else is probably gonna come along in an hour or two and use a capture card or something... xD
Eh, it'd be awesome if you just went ahead and recorded it. The quality doesn't matter, it's just a technique, not a combo video or anything.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Eh, it'd be awesome if you just went ahead and recorded it. The quality doesn't matter, it's just a technique, not a combo video or anything.
Just watched it... It's not THAT big or anything anyway... xD

Just a stupid little glitch... It reminds me of when Wolf hits the ledge at the wrong angle with his side b... o-o

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'll try to record it tonight and upload it tomorrow (don't have internet at home, so can't record and upload in the same day.).

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I could record it with good quality but I say go crapy instead. just record it with a digital camera yagami metriods entire combo video was from one of those you can do it for 15 seconds of w/e.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I could record it with good quality but I say go crapy instead. just record it with a digital camera yagami metriods entire combo video was from one of those you can do it for 15 seconds of w/e.
Yeah, I did... Uploading it to YouTube now... xD

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
He hasn't actually made it useful yet... I think its still as useless as its ever been.

Best use I could see for this would be to do some ledge hopped aerials but even then its like meh only if your rushing it. This is also assuming you can reach the ledge with QD.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It looks like Ike's head is hitting the edge, or maybe his neck. It is kinda hard to tell, but I think it should be investigated. While not good for recovery, it would be good for mindgames. Especially if it gave you back your second jump. Even if it didn't, you could opponentally do this: Full jump off of the stage -> Fair/Bair -> QDLG (Quick Draw Ledge Glitch. Temp name until it is given a proper one) -> Jump -> Bair -> Aether back.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Much thanks Colaya. The quality on that is perfectly fine. Good job on adding the text bits as well.

It looks like Ike's head is hitting the edge, or maybe his neck. It is kinda hard to tell, but I think it should be investigated. While not good for recovery, it would be good for mindgames. Especially if it gave you back your second jump. Even if it didn't, you could opponentally do this: Full jump off of the stage -> Fair/Bair -> QDLG (Quick Draw Ledge Glitch. Temp name until it is given a proper one) -> Jump -> Bair -> Aether back.
Yeah, it should be identified how to always force it to occur.

That string seems highly effective, actually, even more reason to get to perfect this. We'll also need to see what stages it works on.

As for a cool name, I shall call it the Sky Step. Sounds good, no?

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Yagami, for a brief yet joyful moment you’ve made me believe Ike’s greatest issue has been solved and Ike would climb a few positions in the tier list. But this glitch is useless as it is now...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Yagami, for a brief yet joyful moment you’ve made me believe Ike’s greatest issue has been solved and Ike would climb a few positions in the tier list. But this glitch is useless as it is now...
I think Ike is better than what the SBR tier list puts him as, though we can talk about that later. As you said, this glitch is limited now. But don't worry about it! I'm bringing out interesting qualities of Quick Draw every time I mess around in training mode. It's only a matter of time until I find a way to make the game skip instantly to the victory screen.

But seriously, developments are happening.

Roager

Smash Ace
This glitch, while useless for now, could turn into a new mindgame setup. Recovery-wise, it's no help, since you have to get the the ledge to do it. But edgeguarders would never expect to see their opponent hit the edge and fall like that, plus have the ability to move. If we can consistently replicate this, I could see it being a decent tactic.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
10 mindgames by FFing down instead of QDing and aetherspiking.

And I can't seem to get it to work on my end. Are you sure you didn't press any buttons or moved the joystick as QD hit the ledge?
I was holding the joystick towards the stage, left in this case.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
This reminds me of my glitch where you can grab the ledge while doing QD in the opposite direction.

Again doesn't prove that useful, like mine

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
ill go ahead and record this right now, as an offering for taking so long to upload your other videos XD

EDIT: In looking over this thread, i seem to have skipped the existance of page two and the fact that this was already done, my bad.

Also, if marth can dot his, with what? his up b? I'd be interested in canceling this into some monster yoshi egg machine gun

Top Bottom