• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Event Mode Can Be Brutal

kylexv

Smash Master
The events "No Mere Sparring Match" and "Robotic Rampage" on hard are literally impossible for me.
"Fitness Junkie" and "The FINAL Final Battle" on hard were also very hard, but I eventually beat them.

Also I don't get how people are having such a hard time with "Wrecking Mario" on hard. I beat it on my first try.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was able to complete the challenge for "No Mere Sparring Match", but I'm just not fast enough to get that event's reward. If it weren't for the fact that Little Mac can use Slip Counter to maul me, I'd do a lot more than just Guard Breaker (which can't be countered) to try to get through this event quickly enough.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I was able to complete the challenge for "No Mere Sparring Match", but I'm just not fast enough to get that event's reward. If it weren't for the fact that Little Mac can use Slip Counter to maul me, I'd do a lot more than just Guard Breaker (which can't be countered) to try to get through this event quickly enough.
Here's what I did. Camp over to the right, and when they approach, just use your dash attack. Not 100% foolproof, but the best method I could find.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone else feel like the events in this game are pretty infuriating? Some of them, at least. There seems to be a few very difficult events to gold flag in and a lot of very easy gold flag events; not much in-between. I found the Wrecking Mario and It's Past Your Bedtime events to be especially insufferable on Hard.
A lot of the events rely on you have an insane launch rate or other silly gimmicks to make it hard. There is also the one where you have to fight 3 Little Macs with 5 lives while you're at 100 damage and Lucario at 200 damage while your opponents are invisible. Less challenging, more dumb.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I managed to beat all of the Events and get all the rewards, but I can't remember how I did for most of them.
This Event Mode is definitely the hardest one. The FINAL Final Battle had me on the brink of insanity, and moreover Sonic and Mega Man can go **** themselves. Thank god for Ganondorf.

Bragging time: I beat all the Events and the rewards with a Wii Remote and no custom moves.

Last edited:

LudwigKoopa

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moostache15
Beat the Kirby Appetite on Hard. You need to inhale the first DDD at the top right then use neutral B to collect the food. Try to keep moving so they don't gang up on you. I wasn't even close to beating this before trying this method and after I tried this it only took a few tries.

Now to beat the Final Final battle and I'll be done! EDIT: beat with a custom Bowser pretty easily :)

Last edited:

Alses

Smash Apprentice
The two final battles IMO were the easiest events .__. What was hell for me was Kirby's Crazy Appetite because for some reason the physics on that event feel off. Why did they make it slightly faster? 0_o At that awkward speed Kirby just would deny dashing sometimes.

Folt

Smash Ace
I finally cleared all the Events today, and I met the reward requirements for all of them too. Now I can rejoice, knowing that I don't need to do the Kirby one (where he must heal himself down to 0%) ever again.

the8thark

Smash Lord
The match that is annoying me at the moment is the duck hunt one where you have to hit the flying ducks and avoid falco and giant falco on hard for the prize. I hate matches where you have avoid the enemy while doing other things.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One of the more painful event matches to deal with is the one where you're Zero Suit Samus, and must defeat Rosalina. Zero Suit Samus's gravity is set very heavy, while Rosalina's gravity is normal, and that makes it really tough to KO Rosalina within the set time limit for the reward.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Jackpot Opportunity was an annoying one for me since one of the Villagers can plant saplings which cause other characters to trip.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
One of the more painful event matches to deal with is the one where you're Zero Suit Samus, and must defeat Rosalina. Zero Suit Samus's gravity is set very heavy, while Rosalina's gravity is normal, and that makes it really tough to KO Rosalina within the set time limit for the reward.
Two words: Edge camping. But seriously, that's the only way I was able to clear a good number of the bonus objectives on stages with walk-offs.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Two words: Edge camping. But seriously, that's the only way I was able to clear a good number of the bonus objectives on stages with walk-offs.
I second this. It is really cheap but it's one of the only semi-reliable ways to do some of the walk off stage events.
This does not help me get better at the game. It just forces me to out cheese the CPU.

Cha Cha San

Smash Cadet
I don't see how it's possible to beat robotic rampage or whatever it's called without standing off-screen and back throwing them. I had to do the same thing for the double wario event where they heal massively and grow when eating things.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sadly, you can't scapegoat your way out of doing the reward conditions, as the challenge where you have to complete all the Solo Event Match reward conditions is immune to Golden Hammers.

I don't see how it's possible to beat robotic rampage or whatever it's called without standing off-screen and back throwing them.
At least that event's reward condition can be achieved on the Easy skill level. All of those Normal and Hard difficulty reward conditions just make me sick.

Folt

Smash Ace
Sadly, you can't scapegoat your way out of doing the reward conditions, as the challenge where you have to complete all the Solo Event Match reward conditions is immune to Golden Hammers.
I am so happy I was able to do this.

At least that event's reward condition can be achieved on the Easy skill level. All of those Normal and Hard difficulty reward conditions just make me sick.
Beat the "recover health back to 0% as Kirby within a certain amount of time" one on Hard difficulty... *shudder* At least it got more manageable for me when I just focused on getting Dedede's Inhale first and then go to town on the food.

Also, if you're going for the reward conditions, The Final Battle and The Final, FINAL Battle can get quite nasty (but not as nasty as the above, and some others).

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Kirby's Crazy Appetite is seriously the worst event match in the game.

"hey guys. for the first half of the match, you will die if you get hit. once that's over, we'll double the enemies and they'll go after the food you need to clear the map. did i mention that if you get hit even once your chances of winning this event's reward die"

The FINAL Final Battle was a cakewalk compared to that one.

Folt

Smash Ace
Kirby's Crazy Appetite is seriously the worst event match in the game.

"hey guys. for the first half of the match, you will die if you get hit. once that's over, we'll double the enemies and they'll go after the food you need to clear the map. did i mention that if you get hit even once your chances of winning this event's reward die"

The FINAL Final Battle was a cakewalk compared to that one.
The only thing that made all those Dededes manageable is that they tend to actually hit for kinda ****ty damage (so I actually won, even if they hit me a couple of times). If they did their usual high damage, I'd scream.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I hope there isn't a challenge to complete all events on hard, now THAT would be impossible x.x
There isn't. You just have to complete all the reward conditions for the solo event matches. Remember, Golden Hammers will not save you from this challenge.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
There isn't. You just have to complete all the reward conditions for the solo event matches. Remember, Golden Hammers will not save you from this challenge.
I done over half of them so far, including the infamous giant metal Rob one. Let's hope they really aren't as bad as people have been making out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I done over half of them so far, including the infamous giant metal Rob one. Let's hope they really aren't as bad as people have been making out.
Obviously, the reward conditions that have the difficulty requirements are going to be tougher to accomplish. At least the giant metal R.O.B. event's reward condition can be completed on the easy skill level.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Well then. I forgot food heals more damage when inhaled, no wonder I kept losing Kirby's Crazy Appetite. Finally beat it on hard just now after a few tries.

And with that I did all the events plus rewards challenges. Honestly the only other one that had me raging was defeating two giant Warios with WFT. Eventually just abused equipment on that one.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I didn't have any trouble with the Final Battle events. I used Little Mac for all of the All-Star/Final Battle events and just spammed smash attacks and dash attacks. I agree that Kirby's Crazy Appetite was designed by Satan, however. That was even worse given I was playing on the gamepad while trying to do that one, which made it impossible to see anything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just beat every Solo Event on Hard yesterday, and beat every reward condition.

If people want help, feel free to ask me. I found some good strategies for some Events.

Since a lot of people have trouble with Robotic Rampage, here's a great strategy - at first, spam side B to rack up damage. Then, when the platform lands on the small beach island (it's always the first stop in this Event), knock the Giant Metal R.O.B into the water (or sometimes he just wanders in). As soon as he's in that water, D-AIR LIKE YOU JUST CAN'T STOP. You may recall from Brawl that Metal characters sink really far down into water before they swim back up (it was actually used for a secret in the Subspace Emissary, where you'd swim under a wall using it). While characters are in water, they can't attack. So basically, you keep D-airing the Giant Metal R.O.B while he's trying to swim back up, and every time you it him, he will sink REALLY far down. This keeps him in a lock, and if you keep doing this until the travelling platforms are lifting off again, he just get's K.O'd by the bottom blast zone that moved up into him. This strategy makes this Event pretty easy, even on Hard, and you will meet the reward condition too.

Also, I actually didn't have any trouble with The True Final Battle. It took me three tries. While this is easier for me to say since I main her, if you are half decent with Rosalina, use her for this Event, as she is particularly good for it. CPUs completely ignore Luma the majority of the time, so just send him out at them. I recommend going for Mega Man first, as he can screw up this strategy (since he will accidentally interrupt Luma by trying to shoot Rosalina). Once you get rid of him, it's really plain sailing. Sonic will just predictably spin about, and Luma Shot interrupts that even when it is uncharged. Mario is no problem as long as you take him on with a linked Luma (he can and will try to reflect Luma Shot if you use it too much), and you should really try to make sure at least Sonic and Mega Man are gone by the time he shows up. And with Pac-Man, just keep below the platforms, so he can't hit you with the hydrant. He will often use Neutral B and Side B, but it's really easy to read these, especially if Sonic and Mega Man are already gone. Also, in general, know that off stage gimping (especially on Mario) is good for killing, as well as pushing people off the top of the stage with Rosie's Up-Air. And of course, if you really wanted extra insurance, you can use equipment that gives Rosalina some all-around buffs.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm having trouble in a 2 playes event that you need to play as :4bowser::4bowserjr: and you need to beat :4robinf::rosalina::4zelda::4zss::4wiifit: without killing :4peach:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
I must've gotten lucky as I had no trouble with Robotic Rampage. Beat it in like my first try on the hard difficulty.

No Mere Sparring match...that was without a doubt the stupidiest experience I dealt with in the Event Mode. I figured out a strategy that eventually allowed me to win. After surviving the initial part (where you are surrounded at all sides) you want to keep all your opponents on one side of you. Keep them just outside of your range (and their range too). Wait for them to throw out their random attack (it always comes out, ftilt, jab, counter, etc). I can't stress this enough, be defensive and reactive. Don't engage first. Always let the computer throw out their random attacks within a safe range then whiff punish ever single time (fsmash or dash attack usually does the trick).

the8thark

Smash Lord
Beat the "recover health back to 0% as Kirby within a certain amount of time" one on Hard difficulty... *shudder* At least it got more manageable for me when I just focused on getting Dedede's Inhale first and then go to town on the food.
That event on hard is one of the easier ones to do. Seriously, it is. It just takes a little practice. And one trick. Everytime you get one bit of food, pause the game, zoom out to the max and plot your travel path to the next bit of food. So you can avoid the Dededes. And don't bother with sucking anything up or attacking anything apart from chests. Just race to the food, pause it, work out the path to the next chest/food, then rinse and repeat. I think I paused the game about 25 times on the run I did it and had like 10 seconds left to go. The issue here is if you're not fast enough or take a few hits you'll run out of time. I failed with 20% or less about 20x before I finally did it.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
The only one I just can't do on hard is No Mere Sparring Match, I did it on normal and got the flag. Other than that I did them all on hard with flags.

Pluid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pluiid
3DS FC
1435-4675-5379
Seriously, No Mere Sparring Match is so stupidly luck based and the Aura one is extremely tedious. I can't beat them on Hard at all, is there any good strategies?
Also, the Jiggs one where you have to Sing the Ness Tink and Bowser Jr :c

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Wrecking Mario can be cake, just keep destroying bombs and getting hammers. Aura Master can also be cake. Down Smash often and use Forward Special repeatedly to get them off the stage. Easy gimp.

I've come close in Kirby's Crazy Appetite, until the damn time surprised me. Now I'm furious. The camera is atrocious obscuring my view when there's Dedede's going one way, and I can't see what lies ahead of me, then when it zooms out I have 30 icons and health bars blocking Kirby. I hate it. Upon start, immediately run left and inhale the Dedede coming up. I feel that inhale method works best on certain foods only. I inhaled a cherry and it still healed 1%. Takes longer, sometimes just picking them up normally does better.

I was looking forward to the Mr. Game & Watch parachute one, then it gave me Falco and I wanted to break things. Took me more tries than it should have. ****ing Falco.

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I was looking forward to the Mr. Game & Watch parachute one, then it gave me Falco and I wanted to break things. Took me more tries than it should have. ****ing Falco.
There's a similar event in coop that has players be Falco and Fox, and it is a million times easier as Fox.

Folt

Smash Ace
So I tried the "Beat All-Stars: Secret on Hard" Challenge today, and after many tries, I got it with a custom Ganondorf.

Holy ****, they hold nothing back on this one: The tiniest mistake, and Ness/Luigi/Cpt. Falcon/Jigglypuff/etc. will all capitalize on it and rack up a ****-ton of damage before going for the kill. Enjoy losing your stock before you're even halfway through the fighters.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So I tried the "Beat All-Stars: Secret on Hard" Challenge today, and after many tries, I got it with a custom Ganondorf.

Holy ****, they hold nothing back on this one: The tiniest mistake, and Ness/Luigi/Cpt. Falcon/Jigglypuff/etc. will all capitalize on it and rack up a ****-ton of damage before going for the kill. Enjoy losing your stock before you're even halfway through the fighters.
I just beat that one on Hard last night with a custom Little Mac buffed up with KO healer and Vampire Brawn badges. Used the same Mac for the Final Final Battle. For the Final Battle I just used Kirby and cheesed the CPUs with his stone move over and over. No Mere Sparring Match was super easy - just get outside the ring and spam up tilts. Wrecking Mario was pretty easy too if you just go straight for the bombs and hammers and ignore the Warios.

Also beat Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard last night. That one was a pain, but using the pause-and-scan-for-the-closest-food method I was able to beat it.

Folt

Smash Ace
I just beat that one on Hard last night with a custom Little Mac buffed up with KO healer and Vampire Brawn badges. Used the same Mac for the Final Final Battle. For the Final Battle I just used Kirby and cheesed the CPUs with his stone move over and over. No Mere Sparring Match was super easy - just get outside the ring and spam up tilts. Wrecking Mario was pretty easy too if you just go straight for the bombs and hammers and ignore the Warios.

Also beat Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard last night. That one was a pain, but using the pause-and-scan-for-the-closest-food method I was able to beat it.
Well, I have neither skill on a custom, actually.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Kirby's Crazy Appetite: Auto Healer, Caloric Speedster/Immortal and Food Lover basically turns the event into a cakewalk. Pun intended. Like really, a set of mine with Caloric Immortal, Caloric Speedster, and Food Lover won me the event with tons of time to spare (and stupid low stats but whatever).

Last edited:

Folt

Smash Ace
Kirby's Crazy Appetite: Auto Healer, Caloric Speedster/Immortal and Food Lover basically turns the event into a cakewalk. Pun intended. Like really, a set of mine with Caloric Immortal, Caloric Speedster, and Food Lover won me the event with tons of time to spare (and stupid low stats but whatever).
Isn't that Event one of those Events where custom sets are not awailable?

Top Bottom