• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Event Mode Can Be Brutal

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Does anyone else feel like the events in this game are pretty infuriating? Some of them, at least. There seems to be a few very difficult events to gold flag in and a lot of very easy gold flag events; not much in-between. I found the Wrecking Mario and It's Past Your Bedtime events to be especially insufferable on Hard.

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
That's sakurai for you. He likes the easy stuff for 95% of the smash crowd. And he likes putting in the insanely hard stuff that people will take much too long to complete or not even complete at all. And literally nothing in between. Flawed I think.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
some of these are just so horribly designed... i mena, the one where you are diddy knog vs an army of DK is just ridiculous, they are just as strong as ever and they work together to combo you

but the worst thing is that events with copies of a character hae some with custom moves. "oh, it should be afe to U air that DK!"... if i knew the **** had the super armor headbutt i wouldn't have doen that.

what about that ridiculous event where DK needs to protect 2 dumb diddies vs 3 DHs? ****, that's ridiculous.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Good. Some need to be challenging.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
The co-op events are ridiculous too. I beat all of them in Brawl on hard with my little sister who knows next to nothing about Smash , and now my buddy and I who are both decent smashers have been getting our butts kicked by tons of the events. Beat two giant metal G&W's on Bridge of Eldin? Nope...

To be honest though, I love it :p

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
The one event that gave me trouble was playing as ****ty ass meta knight, and trying to ko marth without killing marth's lady friends. I have never raged so hard at a smash game before that event.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Pitfall 2 Villagers at once on Hard

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE
That one's actually pretty easy, but it can take a few tries. It's possible to get them both at the same time with 1 item if you time it right. Otherwise, just pick up one item when it appears, then just wait on another to appear, and then quickly throw your first one, grab the second one and throw it.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least not all events require you to increase the difficulty to complete their reward requirements. Of course, some of them can be nasty, even on the Easy skill level.

The one event that gave me trouble was playing as ****ty *** meta knight, and trying to ko marth without killing marth's lady friends. I have never raged so hard at a smash game before that event.
Amusingly, that event is not too different from the Mewtwo Strikes event in Melee; you had to KO Mewtwo, but NOT Zelda. The only difference is that you have two fighters that you can't KO.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
At least not all events require you to increase the difficulty to complete their reward requirements. Of course, some of them can be nasty, even on the Easy skill level.

Amusingly, that event is not too different from the Mewtwo Strikes event in Melee; you had to KO Mewtwo, but NOT Zelda. The only difference is that you have two fighters that you can't KO.
lol I totally forgot about that event, it has been awhile.

Spoa

Smash Cadet
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722
There are definitely a lot more events that took me multiple tries but It's Past Your Bedtime and Aura Mastery are on an entirely different level of obnoxious if you're going for all rewards like I did.

I would happily shake the hand of whoever brainstormed Kirby's Crazy Appetite, hands down my favorite.

Last edited:

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I almost tore my ****ing hair out doing Kirby's Crazy Appetite.

I said **** it and did it on Easy

Worst event ever

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I almost tore my ****ing hair out doing Kirby's Crazy Appetite.

I said **** it and did it on Easy

Worst event ever
To make matters worse, you can't scapegoat that event match with auto-healing equipment, as customizations are not allowed. There is a time limit as well, which adds to the pressure.

JusticeColde

Smash Cadet
NNID
JusticeColde
Aura Mastery is killing me on the inside, it really is.
It doesn't get any better from this point on, does it?

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Aura Mastery is messed up. Lot of luck involved in that. I spammed Aura sphere and F-smashes. Surprisingly, the CPU's didn't really shield Aura Sphere that much, possibly since they liked to use Sun Salutation or Sheik's Side B (grenade) move. I think I got lucky on the last kill since the stadium changed to the electric field and the CPU's struggled with the moving conveyor belt.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Tip for Aura Mastery, charge up the neutral b and they will walk into it. Took about two tries after trying this.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
It'sd almost as if Sakurai went like "Oh, you said Brawl's Event mode was too easy compared to Melee's? Very well, I'll make it Harder-I'll make it so hard that any worse and the disc will shoot out the drive and try to kill you!!!"

I also heard that this game's version of Cruel Smash was also more nightmarish then ever before too.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Kirby's Crazy Appetite is a pile of ****. I was literally at 1% running toward the final piece of food and then BOOM i get knocked into the kart from behind and taken offstage.

The one with Meta Knight and Marth is pretty obnoxious too. Zelda comboed me and killed me and out of spite I KO'd her back. Pissed me off. The Shulk vs Metal Face one was RIDICULOUS. I was hoping Mega Man would SD every time. That and Kirby's were the worst.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
I've been playing Wrecking Mario and for whatever reason I've gotten to the last floor about 10 times before losing.

EDIT: I finally finished it. A good strategy is to use the forward aerial attacks to hit the bombs. They should kill in one hit.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The one event that gave me trouble was playing as ****ty *** meta knight, and trying to ko marth without killing marth's lady friends. I have never raged so hard at a smash game before that event.
**** that one.

These are even worse if you're like me and going for rewards on all of them, and on hard mode. Some of the profanity I've used I didn't even know could be formed by the human mouth.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Aura Mastery on Hard.

Hell I can't do it. That ish is stressing me the eff out.

Jalio_the_Brave

Smash Cadet
I have one event match left for all the rewards.. and it's "The FINAL final battle". The CPUs just input read me for days and I have no idea how to not get randomly forward smashed by Mario as soon as I get back on stage... ugh... any suggestions?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I have one event match left for all the rewards.. and it's "The FINAL final battle". The CPUs just input read me for days and I have no idea how to not get randomly forward smashed by Mario as soon as I get back on stage... ugh... any suggestions?
My best results have been with Greninja(though I am very familiar with him) and Bowser(I have NO Bowser experience). Bowser's crazy good F-Smash+armor are very helpful for killing. I still haven't cleared it, but Bowser seems like a good choice to me.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Do the Golden Flags give you unique items that can't be found anywhere else? Or are they just generic rewards? I'm trying to decide if doing them is worth it.

And what about co-op, are there any exclusive trophies or items there?

WritersBlah

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WritersBlah999
I was able to complete it on hard mode fairly easily using Kirby. Apparently, CPUs are stupid weak to Stone, so just spam that move and you should win in a few tries.

Honestly, I really enjoyed the event matches in this game, good difficulty overall. The only one I think is unbearably freaking hard is Kirby's Crazy Appetite on hard. That is literally the most nightmarish event in the entire game.

Spoa

Smash Cadet
NNID
iSmashbro
3DS FC
2251-5709-7722
How in the world? That event was the one that made me stop playing after 5 hours LOL
It isn't that difficult, only took me 3 tries on Hard. DeDeDe's AI is rather dumb and the music is somewhat comical sped up.

Last edited:

Pit_Icarus

Smash Apprentice
It seems we're all united in our hatred for Kirby's Crazy Appetite, and i am too. Not even Satan could make something that hellish.

Who thought trying to heal 125% damage with 6 opponents coming at your face at once would be a good idea?!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It seems we're all united in our hatred for Kirby's Crazy Appetite, and i am too. Not even Satan could make something that hellish.

Who thought trying to heal 125% damage with 6 opponents coming at your face at once would be a good idea?!

I think it makes it even better that this pic's filename is "SakuraiLaugh.PNG". ¦D

You guys are making me really not look forward to the Event Matches of this game. XD;

LudwigKoopa

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moostache15
Many of the events are purely luck based on hard and even some on normal, which is annoying. I'm down to 4 left including rewards Kirby's Appetite + whatever follows and the Link vs 2 Ganons + the Final Final Battle. I can see the light, but it will still take awhile.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

Just did it today, and I honestly don't see the issue. First, copy Dedede to heal more when you inhale the food, then just play carefully.

Finished all the events on hard/rewards today, and the hardest were easily the stupid Meta Knight/Marth one, and the one with Lucario fighting invisible enemies.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just did it today, and I honestly don't see the issue. First, copy Dedede to heal more when you inhale the food, then just play carefully.
That's easier said than done on the harder difficulties, as it's almost impossible for Kirby to Inhale a high difficulty CPU when it's always evading that attack.

LX5

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheLX5
Yesterday I got all the golden flags, the last event is a NIGHTMARE. I did it with Shulk and it took me about 1 hour to complete in hard.

Also, I'm experiencing a bit of lag in events when Pac-man is in the match as CPU, seems to be his Neutral B the cause of the lag.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
That's easier said than done on the harder difficulties, as it's almost impossible for Kirby to Inhale a high difficulty CPU when it's always evading that attack.
I managed it fairly easily. Maybe I'm just lucky or something. I went for the one on the top right, he's in the best position to get inhaled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom