• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 Oct 18th-19th Kansas Results

DYC

Smash Champion
That's true, but I posses an extensive smorgasbord of words in my vocabulary, to which periodically, I turn to, in order to insult and dishearten whack herbs in a fashion that can be nothing but my awesome contumely. Degradation at it's finest. I don't require you to believe it, as such is in truth the reality, but regard it as a good gesture on my part to forewarn future herbs of future consequences, seeing as I am quite the gentleman when I am pleased to be.

:rotfl: Well I'm done. . . Y'all be cool. All jokes.
Yet you neither spell nor use punctuation correctly.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Yet you neither spell nor use punctuation correctly.

And who in the bluest of blue h*ll are you? Why you herbs love me so much?:laugh: That's what's mad crazy 'bout the whole thing. Got me crackin' up! :rotfl: You guys love tryin' comin' at me. What do you want to prove? It's not that serious, my dudes. Just ignore me if you don't like my posts. Man up. . .

Some y'all are mad like
:rotfl:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol@DYC. It's ok bro I forgive you....but I wasn't even talking about that. I was reading through the argument of who is better between Mango and M2K and numerous people are using the argument that Mango beat him the last time they played, taking that to mean he is better. I'm simply pointing out that the fact of the matter is that head to head does not necessarily indicate who is better.

As far as the Echo thing goes, I see both sides of the issue. Echo told me he heard Wife say that the reason they don't go by game record is because some people have very good stage/character counterpick combinations that the other player wouldn't know about if he did not know that player. That can cause numerous 1-2 losses. That's a very valid point. On the other hand, as Echo was saying on the ride back, counters are a part of the game. They wouldn't be in the tournament rules if they weren't. So to devalue someone's win because it was a counter is to devalue the rules we are playing by.

I don't know what to think honestly, whether head to head or game by game should be the first tie breaker.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Arrogant, please stfu.. please. You're a herb and a Buster Johnson.
Johnson being the highest tier of Busters.
(let me explain please.)

1.Johnson
2.Brown
3.Joe

Ken Y, im going to put you in the Brown category.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Arrogant, please stfu.. please. You're a herb and a Buster Johnson.
Johnson being the highest tier of Busters.
(let me explain please.)

1.Johnson
2.Brown
3.Joe

Ken Y, im going to put you in the Brown category.
"Here's come a new challenger!" :rotfl:

Yo, my *****. . . you wanna dance? 'Cause I do it like my man Travolta on some Saturday Night Fever 'Ish'.

First I be with the hand movements. . .

Then I kick it with them hot steps. . .

Finally I kill 'em with my real leg work like I was the Fonz.
:rotfl:

Leave clown herbs like

You done for the night.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
You can't just hide behind "I don't/can't travel" (read:"johns") and expect others to take your word for it.
No one's hiding behind it. The point is doing what Mango does gives you the benefit of the doubt. There are very few flukes in melee, and Mango's bracket would be impossible to fluke. Cactuar / Cort / Chillindude / Drephen would be the next-closest players to challenge the throne of the Elite 5, and they haven't even come close to doing it once. It's obvious Mango is top 2, and he beat M2K in two sets so you give him the crown.

And considering he's been getting better while M2K has been playing brawl, it's wishful thinking to hope that M2K will somehow change that, especially when he's still johning Jigglypuff.

And it's convenient that M2K left out anything about teams having anything to do with the best player, which most people include and which I believe is included on most areas' power ranking. And Mango is definitely a better teams partner than M2K.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
"Extreme cases"? Anytime there is a tie in a division or for the wildcard in Major League Baseball they automatically force a one game playoff.
oh yeah. that's true. either way, they look at wins and losses first.

The name of the game isn't "how many sets can I go 1-2 in". If you tie with someone and get elim'd because you lost to them then you should have won more sets.

My point is that you have to take care of business. If you lose enough sets to generate a tie then you didn't. I didn't and it cost me the bracket but you don't hear me complaining about how the pools were tallied.

i understand, but that way of thinking implies sets between certain players are more important. Unless the players were notified first about it, then it really isn't fair. IF YOU DO have it that way, then at least let the players know about the tie and situation. echo definitely didn't.

also, no one is saying you complained...we're just talking here.

here's the reason why h-h CANNOT be first: if the FIRST match of the pool was echo vs dmac, and they end up getting tied throughout the pool, then it was already decided who goes to the bracket. that can't possibly be the best way. ASSUMING no one throws matches, wins/losses has to be first. if you look at wins/losses, you can look at the ENTIRE pool results at the end. that way, throughout the pool matches you can at least have a chance of breaking the tie.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Arrogant I can tell this is your first gimmick. In the future, you should just rile people up and leave. Right now you're the comedian that says "No, seriously!" after each joke, to remind us to laugh. Gimmicks aren't supposed to remind people to get mad :( anyways hope that helps, and best of luck to you in all your future trolling endeavors.

Scar

#HarveyDent
@Darkatma, yeah I think so too but since he's so awesome I never want to say that I'm better than him, also because he honestly did influence a big part of my game, I think I use the dropzone a lot more than anyone else at this point and it's really pretty crazy.

blah blah
idk I just disagree which is fine. I don't even really understand what you're trying to say about the benefit of the doubt. It's true that flukes happen less in Melee than like anything else, but if there's a flukable character... guess which it is. Jiggs.

But winning one tournament in my opinion will give a person respect, but no, not auto-top 2 smashers alive. Laughable claim IMO but we can just agree to disagree.

best of luck to you in all your future trolling endeavors.
lmao This was pretty funny.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: I'm just laughing at you "critiquing" me.

'Ight. . .

One, I post on a few different boards and I'm me in all of 'em. (Yeah with the funny ha-has and the pictures.) Though I'm not regular in 'em, except for maybe one. Two, of the two I'm thinking of, a lot of us do that. (With the pictures.) It's more like an 'Internet thing', so it ain't like it's my 'first gimmick' as you supposed, my dude. Most of them forums I have an account on are social websites catering to certain races, others are hip-hop websites, like SOHH which was mad hacked. Stuff like that.

Remind me of some dudes I knew. . . They was real smart as hell, nice dudes, but they took everything literally. You have, like, "serious" nerds here. That's the worse kind. The cocky nerd, king of the nerds type sh*t. :lol: I'm just bustin' balls, man.

I'm still laughing at your post though, 'cause I was like, "What's this dude talkin' about!? He's all serious!" :laugh: "Internet's serious business. . ."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Arrogant, please keep posting.. please. You're a the **** and a hugh hefner
hef being the highest tier of pimps
(let me explain please.)

1.Hef
2.chad johnson
3.Joe

Ken Y, im going to put you in the johnson category cuz ur the fuking man .
fixed for you ... thanx xYz

id rather be top 2 pimp then top 2 player in smash

debaser

Smash Lord
What's the point of having skill if you don't use it against as many people as you can at as many tournaments you can attend with that skill.

In that regard M2K > Mango and EC > WC.

Echo

Smash Champion
First off, DYC, I was not complaining, or *****ing. It was perceived that way at the tournament because I felt like figuring out what happened in the situation, and wanted it explained to me. I appreciate that you did, and you drew it out for me to see where the rules put Dmac above me. And I thank you for that, though I don't see why me questioning it should be considered complaining. This was the first tournament I've been to that the rules have been that way. In my personal opinion I don't think the rules are the most fair, but regardless of my thoughts the rules of the tournament are the rules being enforced, and I lost.

I myself agree with Mo and Razor. The way I see the pools is that you are all playing round robin against everyone in the pool, and the better players overall are the ones that advance. Meaning the ones with the better record. I understand why people say as what Wife said to me, that a record can be distorted by someone winning a lucky counter-pick. I just happen to feel differently.

But you know, I beat RockCrock's ganondorf the first round on FD. Then he counterpicked me with fox and beat me the next 2 games. He beat me fairly, but should my win not count when I beat him legitly? And should it not matter at all that he got beat on a fair, random, nuetral stage? (btw no hate Rock, you know you're too good.) And you know I <3 Dmac as well but as far as any tournament I have been to before, he would have been eliminated from the pool, thats why I was shocked. I'm not going to cry about it because ultimately if I would have just played the best and beat Khepri or RockCrock, or even Dmac, then I wouldn't have been put in that position in the first place.

Anyway, nobody here is complaining. If people would like to discuss the rules, I'd love to give my input and debate toward which rules I believe to be better. But this thread really isn't the place, this thread is for the shoutouts for the great time that everyone had.

While I'm here I do wanna give a shoutout to the whole second Pool I was in. IHSB you've gotten alot better, and Khepri I was very impressed with your falcon. I'd like to play it again if thats alright, hopefully I'll get to see you at SMYM.

Dmac, you beat me in the pool, and you deserved the win. I congratulate you for advancing in the tournament, and I'm sorry if I came off otherwise when I questioned what happened. I honestly was not *****ing or complaining, I was just baffled by the ruleset. Regardless it was a fantastic tournament, and I look forward to the next KC tourney, you know I'll be there.

Alukard

Smash Hero
silent wolf nothing against u ... but cmon i raised mista aziz aka hax$ ... so i had to cheer mad hard like i was both of kens sisters combined cheering for isai lol ... just u kno with a ***** and stuff lol ...

also hungry box aren't u like 12 too ... u guys should form like a youth take over lol

haxbroke, Jwackness, mang-ho, hungrycaha(caha=box in spanish), coolbol(^_-), ratatoulle(linguini)

ughhhh ... scaryyyyy *** youngins

DO IT FO THE KIDZ !!!!!! =P

MaNg0

Smash Hero
..... lol

uggg ill guess well stop this discussion

well just wait for next tourney

when u guys get **** ***** by my fox

ahhhh ****

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
Close your eyes, make a wish
And blow out the candlelight
For tonight is just your night
We're gonna celebrate, all thru the night
Pour the wine, light the fire
Girl your wish is my command
I submit to your demands
I'll do anything, girl you need only ask

Chorus:
I'll make love to you
Like you want me to
And I'll hold you tight
Baby all through the night
I'll make love to you
When you want me to
And I will not let go
Till you tell me to

Girl relax, let's go slow
I ain't got nowhere to go
I'm just gonna concentrate on you
Girl are you ready, it's gonna be a long night
Throw your clothes on the floor
I'm gonna take my clothes off too
I made plans to be with you
Girl whatever you ask me you know I'll do

Chorus

Baby tonight is your night
And I will do you right
Just make a wish on your night
Anything that you ask
I will give you the love of your life

Chorus

Razor

Smash Journeyman
mango would get absolutely wrecked by m2k....IMO. :bee:

actually, i don't know. ppl bringing up the fact that mango went through a crazy losers bracket have a good point. it's true; mango took out some of the best of the best.

the only problem is, we can't say whether or not it was a fluke. we really don't. m2k has proven how good he is. he's traveled and beaten basically everyone that's even relatively good. mango...has not. it's simple, mango has to prove himself.

i don't even think tournament will even prove who's better. i think mango and m2k have to sit down...play for 3 hours...RECORD EVERY MATCH and put them on youtube. Let the public see the results. my money would be on m2k.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
..... lol

uggg ill guess well stop this discussion

well just wait for next tourney

when u guys get **** ***** by my fox

ahhhh ****
will your mom let you travel this time?

Darc>Mango

Darc tell his momma second b4 he leaves his house, this is how the convo goes

Darc: " MAH !!! IM GOING TO FLORIDA!"
Cindy: "whats that dear"
Darc: " I SAID IM GOING TO FAKING FLORIDA!!"
Cindy:" whys that dear?"
Darc:" I GOTTA HANDLE THESE HOES THAT BE TALKING ****!!"
Cindy: "u cant leave the house until your room is clean"
Darc: " *** YOU!! YOU CLEAN DAT ****, TAHTS WHAT YOUR GOOD FOR, NOW GIMME MY MONEY SO I CAN LEAVE!!"
Cindy hands him money
Dazwa: " Mom, I just got done cleaning my room :) and I watered the ficus :) :)"
Cindy: " STFU CONDOM BREAK AND FINISH THOS DISHES, AND DONT ASK ME FOR MONEY CUZ I AINT GIVING YOU ****!!"
darc and dazwa are outside the door
Cindy: By Dustin sweety!
Darc: *** YOU!!
Dazwa:" By mom i lo-"
cindy slams the door

<3Darc and Dazwa<3

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
i don't even think tournament will even prove who's better. i think mango and m2k have to sit down...play for 3 hours...RECORD EVERY MATCH and put them on youtube. Let the public see the results. my money would be on m2k.
no .. its all about who wins in tournament play ... i can be the greatest ***** player for all u know when i play friendlies but my tournament status is **** ... does it make me the greatest player? no

its all about who can come CLUTCH and handle the pressure ... m2k jus gets really nervous vs mango bcuz mango ill admit has a HUGE psychological edge over m2k

but m2k did beat dashizwiz wit that crowd behind him >_> **** that musta been hard

n e who Darc is way better then Mango ... why do i say this ... mango uses crown puff which make jigglypuff God tier and darc uses naked puff which is bottom tier

im sure these two jiggly users can explain to you in more depth

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Close your eyes, make a wish
And blow out the candlelight
For tonight is just your night
We're gonna celebrate, all thru the night
Pour the wine, light the fire
Girl your wish is my command
I submit to your demands
I'll do anything, girl you need only ask

Chorus:
I'll make love to you
Like you want me to
And I'll hold you tight
Baby all through the night
I'll make love to you
When you want me to
And I will not let go
Till you tell me to

Girl relax, let's go slow
I ain't got nowhere to go
I'm just gonna concentrate on you
Girl are you ready, it's gonna be a long night
Throw your clothes on the floor
I'm gonna take my clothes off too
I made plans to be with you
Girl whatever you ask me you know I'll do

Chorus

Baby tonight is your night
And I will do you right
Just make a wish on your night
Anything that you ask
I will give you the love of your life

Chorus
:laugh: Boys II Men where my ish, man. . .
Best post in this thread. Hands down.

Top Bottom