• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event-52: MWC - PreReg required - MANGO IS COMING - May 23rd & 24th - Kansas City, KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
I was actually aiming it at oklahoma, i only have room for a few people, and my parents are very restricive when it comes to housing, i basically have to "know" them. :dizzy: i have at least met some of the oklahoma people. whenever i have asked my parents about housing their first words always revolve around the people stealing stuff

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I was actually aiming it at oklahoma, i only have room for a few people, and my parents are very restricive when it comes to housing, i basically have to "know" them. :dizzy: i have at least met some of the oklahoma people. whenever i have asked my parents about housing their first words always revolve around the people stealing stuff
We don't steal, but I understand. Thanks anyway.

Can WI get housing at all? Since people are talking about driving time, it's about 12 hours for me each way :)
Yeah come on KC, hook up your midwest brethren! We need your help to make this tourney huge!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i actually stayed in wichita for the E-52 2 years ago with nopants. but yeah, just asking is greatly appreciated. so even if you can't house us, thanks a ton anyway :D

also, we'll bring gifts to persuade them. i mean who brings gifts and steals? :p

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
We don't steal, but I understand. Thanks anyway.
I know that, but my parents are a different matter, especially since my dad has a ton of electronic stuff he is very protective of. they are also not supportive of my gaming and have a slightly skewed opinion of the matter lol.

ill get on it hazygoose lol. can i get a list of whos coming? names would really help

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
omg sweet ty phatgamer. I'll bring some good eats. Also we'll prob have 5 people. I think our car is gonna be: me, Quaz, Cosmo, Zicore, and Tongji. quaz if you read this plz confirm yourslef lol cause everyone else is regged

edit:
this is the best sig

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I know that, but my parents are a different matter, especially since my dad has a ton of electronic stuff he is very protective of. they are also not supportive of my gaming and have a slightly skewed opinion of the matter lol.

ill get on it hazygoose lol. can i get a list of whos coming? names would really help

me - alex cerda
kos-mos - chris cade
shade - kuni higuchi
po pimpus - brandon i-forgot-his-last-name

don't know who of us you know. i've bonded with you over raichu :p i'm sure you met at least chris and possibly kuni at ohsnap. but yeah, 4 of us. just hit me back up whenever you know, and thanks again ^.^

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i think i have seen everyone but you. ill get back to you ASAP
that's fine, you'll fall in love with me when we first meet.
that goes for the rest of the midwest.
this one time darkrain sang a song with the only lyrics being "hazygoose"
and drephen held tightly onto my clothes in suspense of watty/mathos vs dazwa/darc at VLS, and didn't even care that i was rooting for maine. rofl. i love the midwest for being ridiculous. screw both coasts and even the south. as a matter of fact....brb moving to chicago.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
On another note, whoever showed up at like...4 am last time I housed people, please try and be somewhat punctual so that I can get some sleep. T_T

Jace08

Smash Lord
I live 15 minutes away from the venue and can house 4-5 people. Speak up if you still need housing.

On another note, now's a good time to announce another feature of this tournament. Since most of the money the JCCC gaming club has right now came out of gamers' pockets, I got an idea to put that money back into the community. So here's how it works; if you sign up for this, you're entered in a random drawing to play another smasher in a set (out of 3, standard rules). If you win, you get 5 bucks (that number might be higher depending on turnout) from the house, and the dude who lost doesn't lose a dime. So basically, it's like a money match, but the loser doesn't pay up, we do. We have enough money for about 55ish players to participate in this, but remember only half that number will win their set and be payed. Everyone can sign up though.

I also thought that this was a decent way for people to meet up and play each other who otherwise probably wouldn't have. Hope you guys have fun with this!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I live 15 minutes away from the venue and can house 4-5 people. Speak up if you still need housing.

On another note, now's a good time to announce another feature of this tournament. Since most of the money the JCCC gaming club has right now came out of gamers' pockets, I got an idea to put that money back into the community. So here's how it works; if you sign up for this, you're entered in a random drawing to play another smasher in a set (out of 3, standard rules). If you win, you get 5 bucks (that number might be higher depending on turnout) from the house, and the dude who lost doesn't lose a dime. So basically, it's like a money match, but the loser doesn't pay up, we do. We have enough money for about 55ish players to participate in this, but remember only half that number will win their set and be payed. Everyone can sign up though.

I also thought that this was a decent way for people to meet up and play each other who otherwise probably wouldn't have. Hope you guys have fun with this!
you sir, are a genius. that's a great idea.

and also, i might call dibs on that housing if raptor has parent aggro. but we'll wait to confirm that :D

khepri

Smash Lord

That sounds great!

Also, since phatgamers house probably has a lot of people, microwave and the rest of the car should probably stay with you if that's alright.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master

that is an awesome idea man. If you could house me, kels, khepri, ray chun, and possibly one more, we would really appreciate it. otherwise we can stay at phatgamers, but he is already going out of his way to house 30 odd people.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Yeah microwave I could probably house you guys. Let me confirm that 6th person with the parents and get back to you.

Lol Stealth, you do realize I already talked to him and others... the majority of them wanted to spend 140 plus dollars on donuts/pizza for ourselves... Don't tell me you're part of that crowd now lol

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i havent talked to anyone cause i rarely go anymore, so i dont have an opinion yet. but regardless we are still a club and need to maintain money. i for one am not the opinion of just randomly handing it all out to people. i dont mind doing what you said as long as its just a small portion of it. like i said i need to talk to blake about it.

also lets not talk about it in this thread, keep it to pms/vms/irl

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
phat, quaz can't go so it's probably going to be just 4 unless another really cool person in my area pops up (NOT LIKELY)

cykofox

Smash Ace
okay so far im planning to drive there with hopefully 1 more person.
can the great phatgamer house 2 more?

stay tuned...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
no worries, thanks anyway raptor.

this means oklahoma, party of 4 still needs housing if necessary :o and we've been asking since the day after the thread started :(
no love for the southwest. lame.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
tongji needs a team mate, he's a mewtwo main, he talks a TON of **** and is looking for a teammate who will crash and burn in a fiery splendor with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom