• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European Ruleset Creation (FIRST POST UPDATED)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I seriously still dont get why rainbowcruise is a counterpick ._. ?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
By the way, the Brazilians have created their own tier list for Brawl, lol.

Maybe that means we'll suffer to peer pressure and we'll have to do our own someday. xD

Flayl

Smash Hero
I don't think it's worth it, is there a single character that has a better european player than american?

Melee had actual changes to the game, not to mention Armada has proven he's better than american Peaches.

Brazillian/Mexican/Japanese/Whatever tier lists just show how much far behind they are in the metagame, not that they're doing something right the americans aren't.

Sure there are some mid and low tier characters that because of their low representation don't have all their matchups figured out, but that's because they're mid/low in the first place :/

Greward

Smash Lord
Why has japan to have a metagame less developed than the US? ._. Don't overrate US without knowing the other countries.

We have better marth representation for example. And a lot of characters are better here because of a lack of his most important counter being underplayed here, so the tier list will be a little different than the US' one.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think all stages worth considering have been voted on. Mildy surprised at the support for Pictochat, but otherwise it's about what I expected. The exact stage list that resulted from our voting process is what I used on Alliance (big Dutch tournament) and I don't think there were any complaints. I'm hoping TOs will consider this list for their big events.

Next up is Dedede's infinite. Anything else?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I think all stages worth considering have been voted on. Mildy surprised at the support for Pictochat, but otherwise it's about what I expected. The exact stage list that resulted from our voting process is what I used on Alliance (big Dutch tournament) and I don't think there were any complaints. I'm hoping TOs will consider this list for their big events.

Next up is Dedede's infinite. Anything else?
Anything else to say about stages or anything else to discuss after D3's infinite?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
KF: Both. I'm currently in the US though, so I won't make any topics for the next two weeks.

Flayl

Smash Hero
1) Zudenka with Yoshi.
According to the Yoshi mains he keeps getting away with stuff that should've been punished. While that doesn't say he's not as good directly, it shows his opponents are less knowledgeable of the matchup and thus Yoshi's metagame is underdeveloped.
2) Kaak with G&W.
I can't actually argue this one, but are you sure he's better than Zac?

K@0S

Smash Ace
At least in France :
Leon with Peach
Glutonny with Wario

And if you count Kaak, you could count my g&w as well °_o

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
At least in France :
Leon with Peach
Glutonny with Wario

And if you count Kaak, you could count my g&w as well °_o
Your G&W isn't as good as Kaak's I think, but we'll see. I guess you could say Ramin, but I'm not sure.

One thing I AM sure of is T's wolf.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Exceptions to the rule "there is no european main better than any american main." We are here to disprove that.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Exceptions to the rule "there is no european main better than any american main." We are here to disprove that.
Yep... But there are not many top European Brawl players who went to Pound 4. :/

Even if we can't prove it, Ramin is for me a better Marth than MikeHAZE.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
At the moment MIkeHAZE is better because of his playstyle, but if Ramin learns to play gayer with Marth if he needs to, he's definitely better. (IMO)

Top Bottom