• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro release date...delayed...

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
People born into French or Spanish cultures shouldn't be forced to learn English to enjoy things like games and books, it's not fair, because half of the people in Britain would never be bothered to learn another language.
Then why don't they include all other European languages when they're at it then? Actually, no, I'd much rather have the game sooner in just English than have other stuff I never even use, unless it's to hear Jigglypuff cry in German which I laughed hard about a few years ago. But that's not worth it.

I'm still hoping my gameshop is right with the April 1st releasedate...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Game shop predictions are almost never right... they probably just make an educated guess and find the nearest friday (when games are usually released in EU)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I know. But I can still hope. And honestly I don't really believe the after-Q2-release, not until it's officialy stated by either Nintendo or Sakurai. I think they just don't know when they want to release it here.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
People born into French or Spanish cultures shouldn't be forced to learn English to enjoy things like games and books, it's not fair, because half of the people in Britain would never be bothered to learn another language.
But still, it's just so annoying for those people who can English.
And why don't they just release a normal version of Brawl (without language options) to Europe and then make different versions for those countries that need them in their own language. This is really pissing me off.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Euros, hit ebay. There will be copies of brawl on ebay from America and they will be in English.

Ferret

Smash Cadet
Euros, hit ebay. There will be copies of brawl on ebay from America and they will be in English.
To get the game is not the problem. The problem is, that you either have to mod the Wii so you can play NTSC games on it or purchase an american Wii and not everyone has enough money for it.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yeah, and even if you'd mod your Wii as a European (or any Wii for that matter), a Wii firmware update would probably negate the effects, rendering the mod useless.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
I am really p****d off by this. Seriously. I don't see what the point is... That means we could be playing this in no less than 7/8 months. Worst case scenario would be for EU release to be in the summer. Surely, Nintendo wouldn't leave it more than a month to release SSBB over here. COME ON. It just can't happen!

But then again, IMO, it's the rest of Europe's fault that they speak a different language. It's more annoying for us British and Australians. OMG =(
indeed.. the rest of Europe all speaks one language -.-

But what you probably meant was that the rest of us Europeans cant speak other languages (English).. I mean.. i from Finland and i speak six languages fluently.. -.-

geez some people can be ignorant,

apart from maybe France and a few exceptions most people in Europe can speak English, so don't blame us for not speaking English (only the third most spoken language might i add)

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
There is Hope!!!!!!!

Europe - There’s still hope for Brawl before Summer

“The Nintendo 1st & 3rd party Software lineup release schedule which was distributed by Nintendo on Thursday 6th December confirmed launch dates for Nintendo titles launching in Q1 2008. Nintendo also included some titles which were fixed for release beyond Q1 2008 such as Mario Kart Wii. All Nintendo software titles launching in Q2 2008 have not been finalised or confirmed to date.” - Nintendo UK spokesperson

Quelle: http://gonintendo.com/?p=31066#comment-1705027

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Very important

I'm having big font too just incase anyone missed Metal B's post :p

Yup, it's true, Smash Bros' EU release date is still very much up in the air, and there's a chance of a Q2 (April/May/June) release date after all.

Here's my source.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177125

Definitely good news, and though I'm not getting my hopes up for much, this is what we get for jumping to conclusions, a huge disappointment like the one we "accidently" got yesterday. It'd seem we don't have much reason to fear afterall, though there's still a chance it could come out in Q3 anyway! :laugh:

Akiak

Smash Ace
I live in Italy!!!
Luckily my wii has a wiikey thing that lets me play non european games!!! So i'll just buy it on the net before it comes out here.

But for the rest of you well thats a bummer. I'm really sad about this.
Hopefully i can make a profit making people play a game at my house lol!

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Ah, so basically we're back to sqaure one, and whoever said 'we have no plans for a pre Q3 release' should have kept their mouth shut.

I think we know we're going to be getting Brawl later than the US, but really its a question of whether its 'sooner later' or 'later later'. This backpeddling gives me hope it could be sooner later. All in all though, I wish Nintendo would just put us out of our misery and give us something preliminary at least. Having no release date at all is killing me.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
There is Hope!!!!!!!

Europe - There’s still hope for Brawl before Summer

“The Nintendo 1st & 3rd party Software lineup release schedule which was distributed by Nintendo on Thursday 6th December confirmed launch dates for Nintendo titles launching in Q1 2008. Nintendo also included some titles which were fixed for release beyond Q1 2008 such as Mario Kart Wii. All Nintendo software titles launching in Q2 2008 have not been finalised or confirmed to date.” - Nintendo UK spokesperson

Quelle: http://gonintendo.com/?p=31066#comment-1705027
i really hope this is right... even though a Q2 release doesn't satisfy me as well, it's a lot better than Q3.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Until a firmware update lets you not-play them again! Bummer.
The only game unplayable on Wii using Wiikey was Super Mario Galaxy, two weeks before it came out. It was fixed within hours and everyone got to play it early.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
April would be fine with me. I'm getting my Wii 4 Christmas and then I will be playing SMG, MP3 and some VC games.

Edit: And can someone please tell me, why in America the Wii is pretty much sold out everywhere and here you can get them in pretty much any store?

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
Edit: And can someone please tell me, why in America the Wii is pretty much sold out everywhere and here you can get them in pretty much any store?
I would say that the Japanese assumed that Wii wouldn't sell as much in America as in Europe, so they shipped more to Europe and less to America.

PS. This is just a guess.

yogho

Smash Apprentice
Im not getting too exited, sure it's great news and all but it isn't official yet. I mean if i'm making a cheerfull dance now and tomorrow comes an dojo update with the release for Europe and it's 6 months later just like in melee then i can just go up to 10 floors above me and jump off the roof (sarcasm im not killing myself over a game :p) But still. We just have to swallow it and ignore the fact that some people are just ignorant and only play in there own language.

Again, we Dutchies never had an option for our language and do we whine? No.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice

Wight

Smash Apprentice
all these news are based on the one statement we've heard, and as some people already said, it's questionable.
still i'm not getting my hopes up, since europe got every other smash brothers part 6 months after america.
i dont think so, since they said they would announce on the status on the 6th. All those articles were written on the 6th. probably as answer to those. if you read one of them it actually says that i think.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
i dont think so, since they said they would announce on the status on the 6th. All those articles were written on the 6th. probably as answer to those. if you read one of them it actually says that i think.
however, i won't lose hope till i read the releasedate on the dojo.

I don't mean to be spiteful, but personally I hope US gets another delay aswell, then they'll know how it feels. :(
In all honesty, I do feel sorry for the problems with the Super Smash Bros. series releases in Europe, but...

How can you not mean to be spiteful about that? Just because the game never had a release date (This is the closest thing you ever came to a release date) for your continent doesn't mean you should want and ill omen to fall on the US/Japan population as well. You're acting as if it's our fault, we're simply just waiting for the game to release. I'm saying this whether I get the game before you or not: I don't mean to be a jerk, but you're acting like a complete douche by stating that.

Yeah, I played the "I didn't mean it" card too.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
On Smash Blog there's an arcticle about this. It says Brawl wasn't on the list because Sakurai hasn't made a release date for Europe yet.

pyrochemical

Smash Rookie
NO !! you're gotta be kidding me!! i couldn't even stand waiting to february!! STOP IT!!!!!!!

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I don't mean to be spiteful, but personally I hope US gets another delay aswell, then they'll know how it feels. :(
Im sorry, but explain how that isnt a spiteful thing to say? Why wish bad on an entire continent? North America wasn't complaining when Mario Strikers Charged got released there before here. It's not our fault, we are just waiting for this game to finally show up. All we want is to play Brawl sooner rather than later, we could care less when the Europe release date is, as long as ours inst pushed back. You should feel the same way, just hoping to get it soon and not worrying about when other countries and continents get it.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry, but explain how that isnt a spiteful thing to say? Why wish bad on an entire continent? North America wasn't complaining when Mario Strikers Charged got released there before here. It's not our fault, we are just waiting for this game to finally show up. All we want is to play Brawl sooner rather than later, we could care less when the Europe release date is, as long as ours inst pushed back. You should feel the same way, just hoping to get it soon and not worrying about when other countries and continents get it.
someone already asked this question and i believe it got an answer.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yesterday, annoyed by this, I went to E-Mail Nintendo of Europe.

Even more annoyingly, they're under going maintenance, so I couldn't get in contact with them.

So I went and E-Mailed Nintendo of America, to see if they knew anything about this, and to check if it's actually true, or just a rumour one site made up.

There is a rumour going around that Super Smash Bros. Brawl wont be released in Europe until late 2008. Is this true? A lot of people have been waiting for this game, and so much hype has gone into it. It seems unfair that Europe has to wait up to 6 or 7 months after its been released in Japan and North America.
And, annoyingly, this is what they said:

Hello,

Because Nintendo of America is the distributor for the United States, Canada, and Latin America, we are only able to provide information about products released in this region. That said, Super Smash Bros. Brawl is still estimated to be released in February in the Americas. As additional details are made available, they will be posted at www.nintendo.com, so check back periodically. To find product release information for your own country, I suggest that you contact the authorized distributor for your country. To do so, please visit the Corporate area of our website:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors.jsp

Please note that our European site is currently under construction and may not be operational at this time. Therefore, we ask that you please keep checking back. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If you are considering purchasing this product in the Americas to use in your country, please be advised that Nintendo products are intended for use only in the country or region in which they are originally sold. For additional information on this topic, check the following web page:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/general/internationalcompatibility.jsp

Nintendo of America Inc.
R.M. Rickets

Nintendo's home page:

http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

Eagle

Smash Lord
Stop saying "I feel bad for you Europeans."

Say "I feel bad for you Europeans and Australians"

We want sympathy too, as we're most likely ****ed.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I think buying a entire U.S wii would be too troublesome. That would mean you would need to import nearly every wii game you get for the U.S wii.

or you could just have two wii's, and U.S one only for brawl. but who has money to do all that?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I think buying a entire U.S wii would be too troublesome. That would mean you would need to import nearly every wii game you get for the U.S wii.

or you could just have two wii's, and U.S one only for brawl. but who has money to do all that?
I do. :laugh:

Especially bearing in mind that 1 Pound is around about 2 Dollars.

Top Bottom