• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro release date...delayed...

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
"We changed the game so now you can't play online with NTSC users! Sorry, but at least you'll have something different, right?"

Yep.

"Also it takes us more than four months to translate English to German, French, Spanish and Italian. Because those idiots can't just learn English like a normal person.
Lol. No, seriously, I'm hoping for something like a European Special Brawl Collectors Edition, or something, but we all know for sure that won't be happening. If that'll be released somewhere, it'll be Japan and America, again kicking Europe right in the nuts.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
this info made me REALLY upset -.-
WHY THE HELL DO THEY WAIT 6 MONTHS?! MARIO GALAXY DIDN'T EVEN NEED A SINGLE MONTH TO COME TO EUROPE!
/rant off
wah, they just lost 1 sold copy. gonna chip my wii and download the game now.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
At least it's better than not getting a game at all. (Which had happened MANY times!)

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I consider 5 months a long time, especially since I thought I might get Brawl for my birthday once upon a time.
Yeah, who said it isn't a long period. But guys, you have only one lifetime, so spend it wisely and not like this. This is pathetic actually and I'm not normally one who says such harsh words. Yeah, Europeans often get crapped on, especially if it's Nintendo, but it will eventually arrive. And from what I've heard, it's no different than it was with Melee, there has been also a severe push back (correct me if I'm mistaken).

Cheer up, people, there's other things in the world. Play an other Nintendo (or whatever console) game, games to recommend are Zelda TP, Super Mario Galaxy or maybe some MP3, just do something, because you know, if you don't think about it, it will come MUCH sooner than expected. If you keep sulking like this, guess what? It's not going to change what happens? So how about learning to get used to what Nintendo pulls off? It's not like you didn't even know it in the first place, your own fault for convincing yourself it's gonna be released earlier than this.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
And what's worse, this same information has told us not to expect Mario Kart until Q2.

What the **** is the point in having this ****ty little white block in my bedroom when there's going to be hardly anything to do on it until next summer?

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
I think I will cope lol but I'm not sure tho I mean I nearly went crazy waiting 4 FFX2 2 be released & it was practically a year between the Japanese and the European release date! Oh well I'm just gonna wait 4 the Japanese and US release 2 get loads of info! :)

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yeah, who said it isn't a long period. But guys, you have only one lifetime, so spend it wisely and not like this. This is pathetic actually and I'm not normally one who says such harsh words. Yeah, Europeans often get crapped on, especially if it's Nintendo, but it will eventually arrive. And from what I've heard, it's no different than it was with Melee, there has been also a severe push back (correct me if I'm mistaken).

Cheer up, people, there's other things in the world. Play an other Nintendo (or whatever console) game, games to recommend are Zelda TP, Super Mario Galaxy or maybe some MP3, just do something, because you know, if you don't think about it, it will come MUCH sooner than expected. If you keep sulking like this, guess what? It's not going to change what happens? So how about learning to get used to what Nintendo pulls off? It's not like you didn't even know it in the first place, your own fault for convincing yourself it's gonna be released earlier than this.
Many of us already completed most other games we probably wanted. And we know whining about it isn't going to help. But what should we do then? Praise Nintendo for letting Europe down like this AGAIN?

I know there's more to life, and I'm living my life, trust me. But for me, it's just that games are my biggest hobby, and Brawl was the game I was looking forward to the most, by MILES! So don't say we shouldn't be sad about this just because we have ''only one lifetime''. :/

Stalky

Smash Cadet
Hang on.

The Nintendo spokesperson said: "If the game is not listed on the schedule up until the end of Q2 it is currently not due out until after that time."
Yes, this could mean that it's not due until the summer. It could also mean that there is no official Europe release date at all, as of yet.

Don't lose all hope. If Nintendo could engineer a (virtually) simultaneous release of Super Mario Galaxy for the US and Europe, I still have faith they can do it for Smash.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Many of us already completed most other games we probably wanted. And we know whining about it isn't going to help. But what should we do then? Praise Nintendo for letting Europe down like this AGAIN?

I know there's more to life, and I'm living my life, trust me. But for me, it's just that games are my biggest hobby, and Brawl was the game I was looking forward to the most, by MILES! So don't say we shouldn't be sad about this just because we have ''only one lifetime''. :/
No, of course I understand why you're sad and all, it IS quite a bit till June, but I can assure you there's much worse things. If it's your hobby, fine, so is mine ;) But you have to have an other one, do you? I mean, it's not like it wasn't expected. We should have spoken of this letdown WAY earlier than this. Well, I'm sure there's GOTTA be good games till then, so we can at least try. Yeah, Nintendo is quite a ***** when it comes to releasing games in Europe, but it's not like we have any choice. And to those who say they will already be spoiled, then don't go looking for spoilers, it's not like you can't avoid it. Maybe with ads around, that I could understand, but just chill out a bit. Now, it's December and Brawl isn't to be released till February in America, so wait till February and then the waiting matters no more. You can easily hold till then, what with life getting in your way and such ;)

So don't worry, buddies, we're all in this together. Let us speculate a bit more about Brawl and stay away altogether from this board when the 10th of February arrives. Then we will go our way and forget about it, till you suddenly realize: "****, Brawl's almost out!" And suddenly, you're full of joy again ^^

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
No, of course I understand why you're sad and all, it IS quite a bit till June, but I can assure you there's much worse things. If it's your hobby, fine, so is mine ;) But you have to have an other one, do you? I mean, it's not like it wasn't expected. We should have spoken of this letdown WAY earlier than this. Well, I'm sure there's GOTTA be good games till then, so we can at least try. Yeah, Nintendo is quite a ***** when it comes to releasing games in Europe, but it's not like we have any choice. And to those who say they will already be spoiled, then don't go looking for spoilers, it's not like you can't avoid it. Maybe with ads around, that I could understand, but just chill out a bit. Now, it's December and Brawl isn't to be released till February in America, so wait till February and then the waiting matters no more. You can easily hold till then, what with life getting in your way and such ;)

So don't worry, buddies, we're all in this together. Let us speculate a bit more about Brawl and stay away altogether from this board when the 10th of February arrives. Then we will go our way and forget about it, till you suddenly realize: "****, Brawl's almost out!" And suddenly, you're full of joy again ^^
Why should i have to wait for being in europe? right, complaining here wont get anythng done, but selling my wii for a 360 will. I may not get brawl, but at least i will get good online features and good games, not having to wait for june for the next good game. They **** on us, I **** on them.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Easier said than done. I've been wanting another Smash ever since I completed Melee, then when Brawl was announced, I was absolutely happy, but that dropped when I saw the release date. Then it got delayed, and it dropped more, but I could still live with it. Many updates even more than made it up. But almost a half year later than American's is just rediculous, and it happens way too often. I can't just forget about it either, cause I'll still be playing Melee many times, which isn't exactly helping forgetting about Brawl, the sequel.

Ferret

Smash Cadet
When I read this, anger, hate, disappointment, sadness, denial and rage all crashed together in me, cousing me to just glare at the screen without any reactoin whatsoever for a bit...
I'm now trying to search for some positiv aspects...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Man... I feel for you guys. I really do. If it's any consolation... at least you guys have socialized health care. (I bet some of you thought I was going to say the sun was going to rise XD)

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Hm... not unexpected really...

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
When I read this, anger, hate, disappointment, sadness, denial and rage all crashed together in me, cousing me to just glare at the screen without any reactoin whatsoever for a bit...
I'm now trying to search for some positiv aspects...
Sakurai:

Because of the European delay we have decided to give you some extra game elements!

That's right! You get a hidden remix of the opening menu song! I'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait!
There's your positive aspect.

splat

Smash Lord
this fails.
me being Dutch, I can say I feel screwed over now. I don't get why europe is always late, especially seeing that europe is pretty **** wealthy, with lots of people buying the stuff.

at least we get a version that has some bugs cleared, like melee's rotating bat >.> *smashes wall*

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I have a wiikey chip-thingy on my wii. Can I play the american version with it? Also, if Brawl is different in america and in europe, how does it affect with the online playing between the continents, or is it just the language?

Don't kill me for asking this...

And also

LEARN SOME SPANGLISH YOU SPANISH PPL!

srry

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
*Screams* This can't be happening..!

Just this morning, i were thinking that it's so long for Brawl's European release, and now it was made even longer..!

And my parents won't allow me to import it or mod it... S***!!

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I have a wiikey chip-thingy on my wii. Can I play the american version with it? Also, if Brawl is different in america and in europe, how does it affect with the online playing between the continents, or is it just the language?

Don't kill me for asking this...

And also

LEARN SOME SPANGLISH YOU SPANISH PPL!

srry
If you have Wiikey, you're all set.

heety9

Smash Journeyman
Ahahaha. Who didn't expect this? Sorry. I truly am. It would suck to wait even longer that we already are.

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
I think i just broke my hand from punching a wall really really hard... Ok no i didn't but im still really angry!

Nodonn

Smash Cadet
Permission to nuke France, Germany, Spain and every other annoying country that needs this game translated?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Permission to nuke France, Germany, Spain and every other annoying country that needs this game translated?
It's not their fault they speak another language. Nintendo just need to get their act together like they did with Galaxy.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Guys, they cant change the game, because its an online game, they have to leave all the bugs and stuff in the game. So there will no new content or balancing ... it have to be the same game or the online system wont work.

Nodonn

Smash Cadet
It's not their fault they speak another language. Nintendo just need to get their act together like they did with Galaxy.
It's not their fault they speak another language, it's their fault that they need it translated.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I speak Dutch. Do I need the game translated to Dutch because of that? No. Heck, it would ruin the game in Dutch. Those countries are just too lazy to learn English, and the rest of Europe gets a delay because of that as well.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Guys, they cant change the game, because its an online game, they have to leave all the bugs and stuff in the game. So there will no new content or balancing ... it have to be the same game or the online system wont work.
It'll work if they have downloadable patches. With the 360, when they release a patch for a game, it is required that you download it before you play online. As for downloadable content, they have ways of making sure people have the same content so no one plays some one without the same stuff. Either way, I don't think we'll be able to play Europeans because of bad connections (unless maybe you have their friend code).

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
NONONONONONONONONNO
Tommorows update: Sakurai cancels Brawl. That's what I predict. This is as bad as if the Dojo went bust and kept repeating the Widescreen Mode update!
I hope it's not true.

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
I suppose one positive side of this is that i will be having my GCSEs around june time. So at least i get them out of the way and i can revise properly instead of being distracted by Brawl.

Top Bottom