• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euden, Nintendo's OTHER Dragon-Blooded Prince from Dragalia Lost

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Happy New Year everyone! Here's the first This Month in Dragalia of 2021:

Main highlights:

• We'll be getting a Colliseum Event this month, and it'll expand upon various characters from Hinomoto.
  • The Chapter 17 Interlude is coming this month.
  • The Accursed Archives is coming to the Event Compendium.
  • We'll be getting more details about an upcoming event in early January. How much you want to bet this is related to the leaks?
  • Starting with Chapter 18, chapters will be split in two parts, each released monthly. Part 1 will be in February, and Part 2 will be in March.
  • The new set of bosses will start releasing in March.
  • The next Dragalia Digest will be in March, and it seems it'll feature another story-related event (it was mentioned that those who played the main campaign, Fractured Futures, and Forgotten Truths will likely enjoy this event).

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I know it’s really close and no one might see this in time, but they’re announcing the next event (likely another crossover) today at 6AM PST, 9AM EST

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its always so odd when they reference this other country in DL thats meant to be their version of japan when the main setting feels severely japan

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Which will happen sooner: Dragalia Lost coming to Smash, or Smash coming to Dragalia Lost?

Also, for anybody who doesn't mind being spoiled:

According to that datamine, the free unit for the Persona crossover will be Sophie, one of the new Phantom Thieves introduced in Strikers (fitting, given the crossover is specifically about that game). Also, while they already confirmed Joker will be summonable, we'll also be able to summon Panther (aka Ann) and Mona (Morgana).

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
The Persona crossover event looks cool — thankfully I have a lot of Wyrmite and summoning tickets saved up, so barring unforeseen terrible luck I should be able to get Joker. It’s nice that Dragalia continues to get crossover events, although it’d also be nice if Dragalia content got a chance to cross over into another game too.

Also I got the Dragalia Lost art book today and took a look through it, and uh...
B4B7C34D-8F20-4303-B054-9A53E94E4BCA.jpeg

...Toad, buddy, what are you doing here?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
The Persona crossover event looks cool — thankfully I have a lot of Wyrmite and summoning tickets saved up, so barring unforeseen terrible luck I should be able to get Joker. It’s nice that Dragalia continues to get crossover events, although it’d also be nice if Dragalia content got a chance to cross over into another game too.
I know one game with which to start:
Smash Invitation.jpg

Also I got the Dragalia Lost art book today and took a look through it, and uh...
View attachment 298664
...Toad, buddy, what are you doing here?
IIRC, that green Toad is a promo mascot for Nintendo's LINE stuff.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It didn't get tweeted out until it was released, but the Chapter 17 Interlude released today.

First, we actually got a continuation of the Agents of the Goddess event, and it seems Nevin and Sandalphon are aware that one of the Apostles is a traitor. We also learn that Graht wants to use the Dawnshard located in the Fairy Kingdom to take over North Grastaea, and has teamed up with Harle to get it. However, it looks like Harle has plans of his own...

Euden's crew, the Agito, and now Harle are all converging in the same spot. This'll be interesting to see.

And I'm pretty sure this will be the final Interlude, unless the chapters getting split into two parts fills in the same role.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well that interlude didnt tell us much

sure it set the stage for the next chapter a little more but really it just reinforcing the church's corruption. and i cant think of a religion in a jrpg that isnt corrupt.

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I think the biggest thing going for this is the strange lack of spirit event, pretty much everything else has gotten one so this sticks out like a sore thumb. Only reason against having one would be Cygames being against it for whatever reason, but I think Dragalia Lost is about as owned by Nintendo as FE is so shouldn't be an issue. And now the time is right in terms of dev time if Nintendo DID want to push this game using smash as a promo.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so anyone know anything about DL's character designer(s)? you know like other projects or games they might have worked on, influences that kind of thing. cause one or two of the characters so remind me of other characters from other things

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's the newest This Month in Dragalia:

Main highlights:

• The next Onslaught Event is Valentine's themed, and will feature a new alt for Chelsea.
  • Part One of Chapter 18 will be released in late February.
  • A new Facility Event themed around the apostles of North Grastaea's Ilian Church is coming this month. One of the new characters is an apostle named Faris.
  • The next batch of late game challanges is called "Rise of the Sinister Dominion", with the first one being "Lilith's Encroaching Shadow". Alongside this, the number of Wyrmprints that can be equipped to weapons will increase.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's the newest This Month in Dragalia:

Main highlights:

• The next Onslaught Event is Valentine's themed, and will feature a new alt for Chelsea.
  • Part One of Chapter 18 will be released in late February.
  • A new Facility Event themed around the apostles of North Grastaea's Ilian Church is coming this month. One of the new characters is an apostle named Faris.
  • The next batch of late game challanges is called "Rise of the Sinister Dominion", with the first one being "Lilith's Encroaching Shadow". Alongside this, the number of Wyrmprints that can be equipped to weapons will increase.
Interesting...

I noticed some similarities between this Lilith lady and the human form of Morsayati we see briefly in the first scene of Forgotten Truths. Their stark white skin, the red markings, the evil vibes, I'm willing to bet that these new bosses noticed that Morsayati, probably their true master, had vanished thanks to Beren and are looking to find him and exorcise Morsayati from Beren's body or something.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Interesting...

I noticed some similarities between this Lilith lady and the human form of Morsayati we see briefly in the first scene of Forgotten Truths. Their stark white skin, the red markings, the evil vibes, I'm willing to bet that these new bosses noticed that Morsayati, probably their true master, had vanished thanks to Beren and are looking to find him and exorcise Morsayati from Beren's body or something.
Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't Forgotten Truths reveal that getting absorbed by Beren somehow killed Morsayati? Wonder how they'd react to that...

I've also seen another theory that these new bosses are some kind of "fallen angel" group, and are somehow connected to North Grastaea's Church, given they have angel dragons and whatnot.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't Forgotten Truths reveal that getting absorbed by Beren somehow killed Morsayati? Wonder how they'd react to that...

I've also seen another theory that these new bosses are some kind of "fallen angel" group, and are somehow connected to North Grastaea's Church, given they have angel dragons and whatnot.
I think they're gonna be under Origa's command. Specifically, I think the Sinister Dominion as a whole is gonna be a foil to the Agito. We know the Agito are a bunch of crazed rebels trying to destroy the world. For Agito, the world sucks, and it's better to destroy it all-together.

From the name and logo alone, we can tell that these guys are much more refined, and are probably already in power, meaning they would want to keep the power they have. IIRC Origa also mentioned that she would have her apostles sent after the main team. I woudn't be surprised if next chapter, we encountered Lillith with that as a precursor to the actual boss fight quests. With Luca teased to have a bigger role in Ch. 18 like Ranzal did in 17, I think these 5 will be a foil to the main character who's effective against them, rather than the same element like the Agito are. Meaning I think we'll see a stand-off between Luca, Kai Yan and Lillith in Ch. 18.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think they're gonna be under Origa's command. Specifically, I think the Sinister Dominion as a whole is gonna be a foil to the Agito. We know the Agito are a bunch of crazed rebels trying to destroy the world. For Agito, the world sucks, and it's better to destroy it all-together.

From the name and logo alone, we can tell that these guys are much more refined, and are probably already in power, meaning they would want to keep the power they have. IIRC Origa also mentioned that she would have her apostles sent after the main team. I woudn't be surprised if next chapter, we encountered Lillith with that as a precursor to the actual boss fight quests. With Luca teased to have a bigger role in Ch. 18 like Ranzal did in 17, I think these 5 will be a foil to the main character who's effective against them, rather than the same element like the Agito are. Meaning I think we'll see a stand-off between Luca, Kay Yan and Lillith in Ch. 18.
That just opened up so much to me.

Lilith could not only be the foil to Kai Yan element-wise but maybe character-wise, too: where Kai Yan is a social Darwinist who completely frowns upon harmony and coexistence, Lilith could be all about, more twisted versions of what Luca strives for. Like, maybe hive mentality?

Likewise, the rest of the Sinister Dominion could oppose the ideals of the other Agito, too:
  • The Fire Apostle will frown upon Volk's goal for the weak to be on top, keeping more of the "weak shall fear the strong" mentality.
  • The Wind Apostle will be out to punish Ciella for her attempts of despair and spreading fake hope to everyone.
  • The Water Apostle is an enforcer of harsh justice, seeking to douse Ayaha and Otoha of their freedom.
  • The Light Apostle is a former Dyrenellian who utterly loathes King Alberius, and by extension Tartarus' love for the now-dead king.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

From the name and logo alone, we can tell that these guys are much more refined, and are probably already in power, meaning they would want to keep the power they have. IIRC Origa also mentioned that she would have her apostles sent after the main team. I woudn't be surprised if next chapter, we encountered Lillith with that as a precursor to the actual boss fight quests. With Luca teased to have a bigger role in Ch. 18 like Ranzal did in 17, I think these 5 will be a foil to the main character who's effective against them, rather than the same element like the Agito are. Meaning I think we'll see a stand-off between Luca, Kay Yan and Lillith in Ch. 18.
That just opened up so much to me.

Lilith could not only be the foil to Kai Yan element-wise but maybe character-wise, too: where Kai Yan is a social Darwinist who completely frowns upon harmony and coexistence, Lilith could be all about, more twisted versions of what Luca strives for. Like, maybe hive mentality?

Likewise, the rest of the Sinister Dominion could oppose the ideals of the other Agito, too:
  • The Fire Apostle will frown upon Volk's goal for the weak to be on top, keeping more of the "weak shall fear the strong" mentality.
  • The Wind Apostle will be out to punish Ciella for her attempts of despair and spreading fake hope to everyone.
  • The Water Apostle is an enforcer of harsh justice, seeking to douse Ayaha and Otoha of their freedom.
  • The Light Apostle is a former Dyrenellian who utterly loathes King Alberius, and by extension Tartarus' love for the now-dead king.
Ooohhh, this is some good stuff. There's also the fact that, thanks to the newest Interlude, we know Graht wants to take over the Northern Church. Hard to say if he'll succeed, but the datamine that leaked Persona 5 characters also had Origa on the list (well, it was listed as "Olga", but it had the same data as Origa), so who knows? I also heard a theory that these bosses' gimmick would be that they switch elements part way through the fight, which could help further each connection.

But MAN, a three-way war between Euden and New Alberia, Nedrick and the Agito, and Origa and the Sinister Dominion... things are NOT slowing down anytime soon. Assuming this is all true, of course.

Top Bottom