• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euden, Nintendo's OTHER Dragon-Blooded Prince from Dragalia Lost

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
So this thread is dedicated to supporting Euden in Smash Bros.

But I have to ask, what are your guys' opinions of Euden in Dragalia Lost?

Both how he plays in Gameplay and his personality. Mainly the latter is what I'm curious about because I haven't seen much Dragalia talk outside of reddit and the opinions of Euden around there are surprisingly negative.

I do understand a few of the complaints. But I don't know if this is the general consensus or if it's just the typical overly high amounts of negativity that apparently plague reddit.
I like Euden in his source material. Both his personality and gameplay.

GolisoPower

Smash Master

Both how he plays in Gameplay and his personality. Mainly the latter is what I'm curious about because I haven't seen much Dragalia talk outside of reddit and the opinions of Euden around there are surprisingly negative.

I do understand a few of the complaints. But I don't know if this is the general consensus or if it's just the typical overly high amounts of negativity that apparently plague reddit.
If I'mma be honest, I don't mind his gameplay or his personality, especially the Gala version for the latter (Yeah, I'm a lucky boi, sue me). Even though Euden is supposed to be this avatar character as it were, he has his own personality. He has this sort of empathy and sense of understanding that resonates with me. A character always has something for audiences to relate to, so with his personality, I kinda see myself in him, unlike some other avatar characters like Steve or Chosen Undead or any "blank slate" avatar where you transplant your personality in them.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
On Euden, he's weird. His personality isn't really stand-out, but it's not the "generic boring" that people always call him (would've helped for him to have literally anything that isn't a sword or blade). The problem is when he best gets to show his personality, he goes and makes a questionable decision with stuff like letting the Other possess him.

I'm trying to remember major moments where he shows a lot of personality that doesn't involve DUHHH OHH NOO MUH ZETHIA OHHHH. He's obviously the "I can't let any allies die" hero, which is to be expected, but I'm struggling to find anything else. Like I want to remember, but I'm struggling. Hopefully he'll get some more development in later chapters or events (especially Ch. 17 onward), but it doesn't help that a lot of events nowadays are taking place mostly without him

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord

I generally skip the cutscenes but every time Euden does something. My only thought is that he would be the most generic Fire Emblem lord ever. His overwhelming kindness, the nonstop talking about bonds (which is really annoying btw. Atleast when Fire Emblem for Persona talks about bonds theres an actual gameplay mechanic behind it which Dragalia does not have). etc.

But as a unit he's servicable. Base form ultimately got replaced by the Monster Hunter in terms of Fire Swordsmen go. But Gala Euden is a currently a permanent fixture on my Light team.

D

Deleted member

(would've helped for him to have literally anything that isn't a sword or blade)
Considering Dragalia Lost isn't a Fire Emblem or Super Smash Bros. game, I think I'm missing what the issue is here. Not that said things are in issue in FE or Smash either, but bringing it up in relation to Dragalia seems a little strange.

Hopefully he'll get some more development in later chapters or events (especially Ch. 17 onward), but it doesn't help that a lot of events nowadays are taking place mostly without him
Well he at least showed in Chapter 16 that's he's starting to realize the errors of a few of his ways. So that's at least a start. As for the events, I've been out of Dragalia for a while. I do know that the Forgotten Truths event with Mordecai, Morsayati, and Midgardsormr Zero didn't have Euden in it. But what are some of the other ones that left him out?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well he at least showed in Chapter 16 that's he's starting to realize the errors of a few of his ways. So that's at least a start. As for the events, I've been out of Dragalia for a while. I do know that the Forgotten Truths event with Mordecai, Morsayati, and Midgardsormr Zero didn't have Euden in it. But what are some of the other ones that left him out?
Yeah that gives me a bit of hope for Ch 17 onward. And the ones that left him out? Pretty much every Defense/Onslaught event that isn't Fire Emblem

D

Deleted member

Since I was asking for Euden opinions. I may as well give my own.

All in all, I like him. As a unit he's fun to play as, especially the Gala Version and I do overall like his personality. He's selfless and cares about others and fights to create a peaceful world.

He can be selfless to a fault though. He's a little too willing to sacrifice himself for others in some ways. Like when he was willing to be possessed by the other to save Zethia. I get why he did it, and I wouldn't say it makes him a bad character or that it was bad writing for the story. It could have had catastrophic consequences that he, let's be real, wasn't really considering. He still has some growing to do but making mistakes doesn't automatically make a character bad.

Heck, often times it paves the way for really good writing and development for a character and I do think they'll be doing that going forward with Euden.

I can understand why people have a problem with that scene, but a lot of the negative reactions to it are negative to a point of being, for lack of a better term, toxic.

Like with the people who claim the other party members should have abandoned him after Chapter 14. I do not at all agree with this. Euden is still their friend and their trusted leader. He may have made a notable blunder but his friends continuing to support them just makes them good people. If they did abandon him for making a mistake, that would have said more bad about them to be honest.

I was curious as to what the general consensus is and honestly I think the answer is as simple as saying "People like Dragalia Lost don't they? =P" Sure there are some fans who aren't fond of Euden. Some for better reasons than others. But that's the just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. There do exist series that have fans that don't care for the main character. It's kind of an anime stigma in a way.

No matter how you slice it, Dragalia Lost is still a great game and Euden would be a great addition to Smash. So there you go, that's all we need.

I will admit to a personal desire to see an alt. version of Euden that's Wind Elemental though. It feels kind of weird that his main dragon in the story is Wind Element while Euden himself is Fire Element.

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

well between the main story and the side stories with the gacha characters there does seem to be some conflicting personality and a fair amount of the story is kinda predictable but over all hes a likeable character, after all we wouldnt be here if we didnt like him

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's This Month in Dragalia Lost:

Highlights:
  • The next Defensive Event will involve North Grastaea, so it'll likely focus on characters related to that.
  • A Clawful Caper is getting a rerun, and they went ahead and confirmed that the next New Year's event will continue the plotline set up here.
  • The news they mentioned would be revealed this month is coming soon. Keep an eye on the notifications and Twitter.
  • Fractured Futures and Forgotten Truths are coming to the Event Compendium due to their importance to Dragalia Lost's story, though they're being reworked to be Solo-Played. I believe this makes them the first Raid Events to be added to the Compendium.
  • A new high-difficulty boss mode is coming, and like the Agito, it'll introduce a brand-new boss mechanic.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

So Ookada's Early November announcement is coming tomorrow, and it's gonna be a Laye November event trailer at 4AMPST/7AMEST tomorrow.

Hard Read with no evidence whatsoever: It's gonna be a Zelda Crossover to coincide with Age of Calamity (I know I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I thought of it on my own; just take my word for it)

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Passing by to this thread to say that I have been curious for Dragalia Lost (and Euden) for quite some time. I really really really like the concept of dragons having an important role in the series and becoming friends to go through trials and enemies together. I know the game seems to be a mix of RPG with gatcha elements enough, but still, kind of cool.

The gameplay looks alright, the concept is awesome, the music is neat, the designs are gorgeous, and the overall presentation is cool.

I would like to give the game a try but unfortunately it is not available in the country I am. Hopefully in upcoming updates for the game there's more countries added to the list of availability, and seeing that it's getting updates after two years of being released, it might be possible.

I was on the fence about a rep from Dragalia Lost but after some time, I am up for it. It deserves the attention. Both for Smash and the game itself. A rep from Nintendo's mobile division? Why not.

I support!

:bowser: .

D

Deleted member

So Ookada's Early November announcement is coming tomorrow, and it's gonna be a Laye November event trailer at 4AMPST/7AMEST tomorrow.

Hard Read with no evidence whatsoever: It's gonna be a Zelda Crossover to coincide with Age of Calamity (I know I'm not the only one who thinks this, but I thought of it on my own; just take my word for it)
Well the trailer dropped and........

Another character from a different Cygames game joining the roster. Like how Albert and Lily debuted in Rage of Bahamut.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, the next crossover is with another CyGames property: "Princess Connect! Re:Dive". While this isn't the first time a character from another CyGames property has appeared in Dragalia Lost (we have characters from Rage of Bahamut and Knights of Glory, for example), this IS the first instance of a full-on crossover event.

Another first is that the crossover units aren't limited time: they're a permanent part of the roster. Guess that's a benefit of being owned by the company that makes both games.

D

Deleted member

While this isn't the first time a character from another CyGames property has appeared in Dragalia Lost (we have characters from Rage of Bahamut and Knights of Glory, for example), this IS the first instance of a full-on crossover event.
Here's hoping the next one is for Granblue Fantasy.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok they need to start giving out characters ages cause some of the side stories dont make sense cause they all look about the same age. somewhere between 12 and 20

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, its been long enough to warrant a double post, so I'll just note that the new Interlude is out.

The key points this time are that the jewel found in the last Interlude can teleport people to the Halidom, the inevitable Gala Chelle will likely be a manacaster unit, and Valyx has decided to take the "I'll work for you so I can kill you" strategy with Nedrick. Let's see how that works out for him...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, its been long enough to warrant a double post, so I'll just note that the new Interlude is out.

The key points this time are that the jewel found in the last Interlude can teleport people to the Halidom, the inevitable Gala Chelle will likely be a manacaster unit, and Valyx has decided to take the "I'll work for you so I can kill you" strategy with Nedrick. Let's see how that works out for him...
that was pretty much my take away from it as well

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's the trailer for the Princess Connect crossover:

Looks like the new alts are for Cleo and Mitsuba, which makes sense, since they're both known for cooking and Pecorine seems to have been gifted with a stomach of infinite capacity.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
so is leonadis still evil or what?
I haven't read his Adventurer Story yet (I actually got him pretty quickly), but it was said that his goals are the same. It's just his methods that have changed. I'd say it's up to interpretation for now.

Also, there's apparently been a datamine, and I think a LOT of people are gonna be happy...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Also, there's apparently been a datamine, and I think a LOT of people are gonna be happy...

oh for goodness sake

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's the last This Month in Dragalia of 2020:

Highlights:
  • A Dragonyule-themed Onslaught Event is coming, and it'll feature Dragonyule versions of one male and one female adventurer.
  • Chapter 17 is coming mid-December, and will introduce a bunch of new characters.
  • We got our first look at one of the post-Agito bosses.
  • Although there won't be an end-of-year Dragalia Digest, there will still be end-of-year events, including the lucky letters.
  • The year will end with a new Hinomoto-themed event, but this one will focus on those who oppose the Twelve Wyrmclans rather than those who support them.
  • They plan to "start the new year right" with an announcement in early January. If I were to guess, I'd say this might be related to the aforementioned datamine...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's the trailer for Chapter 17:

Hopefully we can try and breathe some new life into this thread. Feels less active lately...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Here's the trailer for Chapter 17:

Hopefully we can try and breathe some new life into this thread. Feels less active lately...
Ohh, I've got a metric ton of questions! Like for example:
Do you think we'll be breaking Volk's mask this chapter? Is the guy with the eyepatch our new recruitable? What're we gonna find out about Euden and whether or not he's part-fairy? Is Grams aware of Elisanne's resignation?!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ohh, I've got a metric ton of questions! Like for example:
Do you think we'll be breaking Volk's mask this chapter? Is the guy with the eyepatch our new recruitable? What're we gonna find out about Euden and whether or not he's part-fairy? Is Grams aware of Elisanne's resignation?!
Well, I can at least try to answer some of these:

• Considering we didn't break Ciella's mask, I won't hold my breath on Volk. I could, however, see us getting "Gala Reborn Zephyr", or whatever they call it.
  • According to the datamine, that's apparently Gatov, so I could see him being playable at some point.
  • Too soon to say, though I have a feeling that woman who appears at the end may be somehow involved.
  • That depends on how closely-tied the Northern and Southern branches of the Church are. Though the fact they have different beliefs makes me a little hesitant to give a solid answer.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, that chapter had a lot to take in. For starters, we have a new villain to add to the list, though admittedly we didn't learn much about her. We more or less got confirmation that the Void Dragons will be the next batch of Gala Dragons, kinda like what happened with the siblings' dragons (if the chapter teaser is any indicator, the next one will be Jeanne d'Arc). Also, although she didn't show up until the end, I'm kinda curious about Sheila and what her deal is. Why is she the one in charge of these fairy trials or whatever?

Oh, and Chelle has a gatling gun now. That's pretty cool.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
ok i for one am getting a little tired of fighting agito every chapter

i am curious as to what this pope's deal is. its typical though isnt it you finally get rid of the other about a million other bad guys turn up. although now we know who harle is working for, maybe we'll get a sense of his real plans and get to punch his smug little face into nothingness. interessting how each character is going through a bit of character development that some how changes a dragon into a new form. guess luca will be doing it next then presumably cleo. not sure if alex or laxi will do something similar.

i would also like to advocate for chelle as an AT with the gatling gun

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I'm not exactly a fan of having this character in Smash Bros but I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo adds him to Smash Bros to get more people into Dragalia Lost.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Although this is relatively minor, I wanted to mention that the newest update changed the home screen again. Aside from being rather ominous, I noticed that it features the Gala variants of the story characters. Maybe they'll finally be incorporated into the main plot?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Although this is relatively minor, I wanted to mention that the newest update changed the home screen again. Aside from being rather ominous, I noticed that it features the Gala variants of the story characters. Maybe they'll finally be incorporated into the main plot?
not on my one

Top Bottom