• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euden, Nintendo's OTHER Dragon-Blooded Prince from Dragalia Lost

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I know it's not much, but I wanted to share this:

https://youtu.be/UPgceG4gM8g (linked because it's largely off-topic: the first half is about the recent Lab Zero controversy)

He's a smaller Youtuber named The Quarter Guy, and he's mentioned his affection for Dragalia Lost in the past, even making a video about it to commemorate the 1-year anniversary. During the second half of the video where he answers fan-questions, he mentions wanting to add Euden to Smash as a new franchise. Admittedly, this is partially because he feels there should be a character to represent Nintendo's mobile market (he originally wanted Fjorm from FEH, but now FE has 8 characters, so he feels there's no point), but he's clearly passionate about the idea.
the way things are atm i think heroes might be the only mobile game with a shot

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
the way things are atm i think heroes might be the only mobile game with a shot
Please be wrong, because if the way they're changing they're approach to mobile is any indicator, it's now or never for Euden. So if it's not now, then it's never.

(In brighter news, the last This Month before anniversary is coming)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here's the newest This Month in Dragalia:

The main takeaways here are that we're getting a new Defensive event that will focus on a "certain pair" and their origins, the Chapter 15 Interlude will be added in late September, and of course, the 2-year Anniversary. They didn't say too much about it, but there will be several events like last time, and another story-centric Raid event, similar to Fractured Futures. They also advised that we play up to Chapter 15 to enjoy the event to its fullest, so I'm guessing it'll be connected to that.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, although the Dragalia Lost Twitter account hasn't mentioned it yet, the in game notifications have confirmed that the Chapter 15 Interlude is coming out on the 21st (at least in my timezone). Worth noting that Tobias and Julietta are shown on the promo image, suggesting we may get more details on the state of the Church...

Sigman

Smash Cadet
Dragalia Lost is getting a 45 minute livestream during Game Live Japan on September 27, 2020. The day would be it’s second year anniversary since it was first released back in September 27, 2018.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Dragalia Lost is getting a 45 minute livestream during Game Live Japan on September 27, 2020. The day would be it’s second year anniversary since it was first released back in September 27, 2018.
This has me confused now. Because aren't we supposed to be getting a digest right before? Is that the digest, or as unlikely as it is, even more major news or is it supposed to just be another Q&A Feedback session like how Okada's been doing?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so in regards to the interlude

geez is there any relgion in a jrpg that doesnt have sinister motivations? i cant help but wonder what that jewel is, the pact stone for elysium perhaps

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So they also released a 2nd anniversary website, too, which outlines what we can expect to see for the 2nd anniversary, most of which will probably be shown in the digest!

2nd Anniversary Version Update (based on previous news, we know this contains changes to Wyrmprints and Weapons)
2nd Anniversary raid event (confirmed to connect to main story with likely Ch. 15 Spoilers)
New Content
2nd Anniversary Events
Social Media Event (likely an RT Campaign with a lucky winner)
2nd Anniversary Summon Showcases #1 (Likely Gala Zena + Raid Event)
2nd Anniversary Summon Showcases #2
Early October Summon Showcase
High-Difficulty Quests (The Agito might just be rendered obsolete)
Mid-October Event
Late October Summon Showcase
Late October Event
Something with New Info in Early November (Crossover?)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So they also released a 2nd anniversary website, too, which outlines what we can expect to see for the 2nd anniversary, most of which will probably be shown in the digest!

2nd Anniversary Version Update (based on previous news, we know this contains changes to Wyrmprints and Weapons)
2nd Anniversary raid event (confirmed to connect to main story with likely Ch. 15 Spoilers)
New Content
2nd Anniversary Events
Social Media Event (likely an RT Campaign with a lucky winner)
2nd Anniversary Summon Showcases #1 (Likely Gala Zena + Raid Event)
2nd Anniversary Summon Showcases #2
Early October Summon Showcase
High-Difficulty Quests (The Agito might just be rendered obsolete)
Mid-October Event
Late October Summon Showcase
Late October Event
Something with New Info in Early November (Crossover?)
Do you think we'll get some sort of set of Endeavors similar to what the 1.5 Anniversary announced where we have to clear something like High Mercury's Trial and Ciella's Wrath to earn immense amounts of Wyrmite?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Do you think we'll get some sort of set of Endeavors similar to what the 1.5 Anniversary announced where we have to clear something like High Mercury's Trial and Ciella's Wrath to earn immense amounts of Wyrmite?
Maybe. I could also see them making players do main campaign chapters so they can be up to date for the Raid Event, which, like I said, probably has Ch. 15 Spoilers

i do like it in the interludes when the gatcha characters get to take part in the main story
I agree. It makes the world feel like the characters in the world actually matter, even if a little bit. And it sure beats Euden and his team going from point A to Point B, fighting a big boss at point B, Euden making a questionable at best decision and having the team sent running from point B to the halidom with their tails between their legs

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I agree. It makes the world feel like the characters in the world actually matter, even if a little bit. And it sure beats Euden and his team going from point A to Point B, fighting a big boss at point B, Euden making a questionable at best decision and having the team sent running from point B to the halidom with their tails between their legs
Yeah the story does tend to fall into a few story telling pitfalls

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So based on the newest intermission, the situation with the Church is reaching a boiling point, Leonidas and his forces are preparing to head out, presumably to North Grastaea as mentioned previously, and we've learned of a jewel at the Halidom left there by Alberius. Lot of stuff is happening at the moment...

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Just a reminder that the Day of the Digest, there's gonna be a 12-Hour Maintenance from 8AM PST/11AM EST to 8PM PST/11PM EST. So be sure to do your dailies early on Thursday!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Another reminder about the 12-Hour Maintenance at 8PST/11EST until the Digest. Be sure to do your dailies before it begins!

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
8PM PST/ 11 PM EST on Nintendo Mobile Youtube or if that doesn't work, Dragalia's Website News Page

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Well, here it is, and BOY is there a lot to unpack.

I saw that too and oh boy...

It looks like NOTTE of all people is gonna be a recruitable sometime down the line, which is nuts. This makes me wonder if Peony was basically practice. And I think Leonidas might be another recruitable too. A lot of stuff in the past seems to point to that. Not to mention...signs seem to be pointing to Ilia being a recruitable adventurer from the event and HOLY CRAP, THAT WOULD BE NUTS. Furthermore, I'm drooling over the potential appearances of Jupiter Zero, Zodiark Zero, and Mercury Zero, and they all look so cool in my mind. The BR thing was...unexpected, but it looks fun tbh.

Furthermore...god, I hope the Agito get their masks broken at some point down the line. The backstories are some of them feel so tragic and I just want them all to feel better. They did not deserve to be driven mad by Nedrick, even considering their circumstances.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well, here it is, and BOY is there a lot to unpack.

Wow. That. Was. disappointing. Half of that was repeated from notifications, and 90% of that was said twice in the same video! And then... oh boy... and THEN! No crossover!?!?!!?!? The collars are literally the best part of the digests and you just decide not to do one for your second anniversary!?

The 330 Summons, sparking and Other raid are great, Battle Royale looks OK (nice that they made it separate to avoid tier list toxicity) and but wow once Notte left everything went downhill.

I can't believe they didn't do a crossover... I'm sorry if I seem like I'm over-exaggerating but ever since FE and Mega Man I've always been looking forward to the collab events and to just not have one really deflates it for me.

Edit 1: And it doesn't help that its harder to get Eldwater now because you can't get Wyrmprints from quests!

Edit 2: Calmed down a bit, but still disappointed.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It looks like NOTTE of all people is gonna be a recruitable sometime down the line, which is nuts.
honestly im not surprised, we got told the next chapter we would meet more fairies which to me suggested notte's back story and potential recruitment

Wow. That. Was. disappointing. Half of that was repeated from notifications, and 90% of that was said twice in the same video! And then... oh boy... and THEN! No crossover!?!?!!?!? The collars are literally the best part of the digests and you just decide not to do one for your second anniversary!?

The 330 Summons, sparking and Other raid are great, Battle Royale looks OK (nice that they made it separate to avoid tier list toxicity) and but wow once Notte left everything went downhill.

I can't believe they didn't do a crossover... I'm sorry if I seem like I'm over-exaggerating but ever since FE and Mega Man I've always been looking forward to the collab events and to just not have one really deflates it for me.

Edit 1: And it doesn't help that its harder to get Eldwater now because you can't get Wyrmprints from quests!

think you may have set yourself up for that one

edit: anyone else get sent a free character?

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace

I think the lack of a crossover content announcement in the digest seems to suggest that either due to their recently announced crossover or it may be related to cp7 from ssbu.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think the lack of a crossover content announcement in the digest seems to suggest that either due to their recently announced crossover or it may be related to cp7 from ssbu.
I thought about it being related to CP7, and that would be an amazing pipedream. It is what it is at this point. It also was brought up that that might be the November announcement, which is reasonable, but I'm not counting on it, since every other was a Digest-ender. But at the end of the day, here's how I see it: No crossover? Sucks, but hey. At least there's no FEH Pass. Announced in November? Better 1 month later than 6. Euden's in Smash? Absolutely amazing!

so any thoughts on the new weapon type?
I'm not putting this in spoilers because literally everyone who played in the past 2 days has a unit with it. I find it really funny that everyone was making memes about Joe with a gun when it was leaked (it was leaked, but no one here brought it up), and then Manacaster Joe actually happened. MC Joe Story Spoilers: Not sure how I feel about said manacaster being received from Chelle of all people

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I thought about it being related to CP7, and that would be an amazing pipedream. It is what it is at this point. It also was brought up that that might be the November announcement, which is reasonable, but I'm not counting on it, since every other was a Digest-ender. But at the end of the day, here's how I see it: No crossover? Sucks, but hey. At least there's no FEH Pass. Announced in November? Better 1 month later than 6. Euden's in Smash? Absolutely amazing!

I'm not putting this in spoilers because literally everyone who played in the past 2 days has a unit with it. I find it really funny that everyone was making memes about Joe with a gun when it was leaked (it was leaked, but no one here brought it up), and then Manacaster Joe actually happened. MC Joe Story Spoilers: Not sure how I feel about said manacaster being received from Chelle of all people
I mean, they're teasing an alliance between Euden and Leonidas, so I wouldn't be too surprised if Chelle followed suit.
i wonder if well get other gun wielders or if its like a random one off
Wait, didn't they already confirm that more Manacaster units were being planned? Or am I remembering wrong?

Top Bottom