• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EU @ Apex 2010???

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
WEll best thing to do is start saving now so when teh time comes you can purchase the tickets

Marc :(...noooI wanted you to go and have a good US exp:(

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Heh, yeah. Dunno, I'm interested. But it's kinda expensive and it's just a tourney... Nothing special. And it's also kinda gay you guys never think about coming here =/ It's not like your tournament is different or anything.

strawhats

Smash Master
Heh, yeah. Dunno, I'm interested. But it's kinda expensive and it's just a tourney... Nothing special. And it's also kinda gay you guys never think about coming here =/ It's not like your tournament is different or anything.
This is exactly what why we wanted to avoid but since you brought it up...yyes it kind of janky that you guys are alwayws coming here but we've yet to reciprocate the same courtesy and come to one of you major tourneys. Hopefully with guy like mango, Hugs, and other WC people travelling to mexico in like July...that will urge U.S. players to go to International tournies.

Our main purpose is to improve U.S./ International relationship

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well since I'm mainly interested in Brawl I can understand why US players wouldn't come over here :rolleyes:

:059:

Lord Chair

Smash Master
It's just 5 times larger than anything we've ever had here.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
That's not true. The French ESA2 (though it was a Melee tournament) is still one of the biggest tournaments ever, with 231 entrants.

Alex: Besides Plank being Plank and some other stuff I had a good time in January.:) It's just that I plan to work and need the money for other things. Apex 2011 perhaps? Or pay for my ticket. :p

Slhoka

Smash Lord
That's not true. The French ESA2 (though it was a Melee tournament) is still one of the biggest tournaments ever, with 231 entrants.
This.
Despite the fact it didn't go well, ESA2 managed to gather people for 14 different countries, including Japan's best players that people are still asking for in the US (even though they are somewhat retired). No one from North America made the trip, and I'm pretty sure that if they did, tournaments would have been way bigger as the Europe/US hype that we see today would have started two 1 year and a half earlier.

However, it's true we've been lacking a real big european tournament during the last 2 years. SMACK, ESA3 and TSL4 were the biggest ones IIRC, but they weren't on par with ESA2. The Epitagate + Brawl's release really hurt the Melee attendance, which was essential to develop Brawl too as the Brawl community wasn't established yet. Things are looking better now, with some promising European tournaments coming (Berlin Calling, ZEST5, SNY, ESA4?, RoS5?, TSL6?, the-big-tournament-Dutches-have-been-talking about-for-so-long.). This list is really Melee-oriented, though =/

On topic : quite a few Brawl French players are interested, same goes for Melee players.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey guys

here are a few sites that helped me out looking for cheap tickets for you all

http://www.skyscanner.com/

http://www.bargaintravel.com/international_flights.html

on the latter site i looked up trips and found some interesting prices

France to Us - $ 656.00 + - this is leaving on tuesday to come back next tuesday

amsterdam to us - $ 469.00 - http://www.farebuzz.com/Affiliates/Default.aspx?tabid=2091&sid=2

Remember the trick to getting cheap tickets is to leave on a Tuesday or Weds and vice versa

edit : if it says sesson timed out do not worry enter you are going to newark or nyc ( either is fine we will pick you up ) and from there you would be leaving on a Tuesday aug 3 and returning Tuesday aug 10th.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Oh wow, those prices aren't that bad actually. Might come close to what I paid for Pound.

Slhoka: The big Dutch tournament most likely will be Brawl only, considering we can only get a good venue on dates that would collide with the plethora of other European Melee tournaments. We might do a Melee tournament late summer or find another venue though.

EDIT: LOL, it's a really weird habit for America to not include taxes till the counter.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Sorry dude I didn't see the taxes until lateR today wheb I was out and talking to amsah. I am going to keep working to figure this out asap

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Alright so I have been really thinking about Apex this whole week. I decided that OOC needs some love in this and so does OOS. Obviously there is only so much I can do. I cannot make cheap flights nor can I make everything free. I decided after a week of this is to announce the tournament features for the people traveling.

OOC :

Alright guys I know most of you will want a bigger reason to attend this event and here it is.

For all those OOC people coming to this event the week of/before we will provide

- Free Housing
- A TOUR of NYC/NJ by Me/Keitaro/Peirce7d/Crismas including 42nd street/empire state building/central park
- Smashfests also everyday
- Since it will be Summer a trip to Coney Island beach

Come on guys step up and come here I am willing to do anything to help please come by.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Doubleposting again for Updates:

Cheapest flights from London Gatwick - NY Newark:
277.70€ outbound flight only
537.70€ both flights (4.8 - 10.8)

Cheapest flights from Paris, Austria and Netherlands are all ~700€ (both flights)
Cheapest flight from Sweden so far from Stockholm (all airports): 633€ (both flights)
Cheapest flight from Germany so far from Frankfurt am Main: 679.30€

More info can be found here: http://flug.idealo.de/

Prizes will drop in time.

:059:

Kone

Smash Master
Prices wont drop in time lol. They will drop a little bit in April and that'll ne your cheapest point to buy them. After that, it is up up up!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
thanks for the help ghelb

So far Armada and Amsah are getting financial help from me so they are going 100%.

I would like to plead my case for the tournament I am working for. It will be bigger than most, if not , all touranments coming up.

I am working extremely hard for everyone but in the end I cannot buy tickets but I can give you free housing plus a great time in nyc/nj

Trust me when I say this you will NOT regret going to Apex...no one ever has.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
YEAH BUT MONEY DOESN'T GROW OFF TREES U KNOW!
ow wait....

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
A suggestion is to put money in a jar and label it. That helps a lot. It can get you most of hte money you need.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
You can't really expect the American scene to provide financial help, especially after the Dutchies were duped out of some money at Pound because of housing trouble and got nothing back despite good intentions on the American side (on the boards). It's just not gonna happen. Alex Strife is helping out Armada and Amsah on his own, which is already more than we can ask for.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
You can't really expect the American scene to provide financial help, especially after the Dutchies were duped out of some money at Pound because of housing trouble and got nothing back despite good intentions on the American side (on the boards). It's just not gonna happen. Alex Strife is helping out Armada and Amsah on his own, which is already more than we can ask for.

I can do what i can ( i will provide free housing even if its at my house ) I wont leave you guys out in the cold. what happened at pound made me sad and I felt bad cause you guys are not like ppl from OOS who people see often you guys come once or twice a year and should be treated like guests.

Like I said I will keep my promise and help out. All I ask is for you guys to give teh US or even ME a chance.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I do believe people who are not even going there (Jumpman and Ramin) should really not bother with whining about random stuff. As for me, I really appreciate everything that's being done to accommodate OOC-***s. Looking forward to it :)

Top Bottom