• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EU @ Apex 2010???

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
how much are ticket btw? im interested but money is the biggest issue

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I heard it depends a LOT on which airport you're landing. Philadelphia is said to be much cheaper than Newark I think.

:059:

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
one came up for $2000, i lol'd

edit: 300 pounds is abit much :/ , ill have to think about it i guess

aparently its even more expensive to go to phili

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
try JFK that is also good

also remember to try leaving on a tuesday and coming back on a tuesday instead of going for just a weekend.

I see one for 770 with that in mind

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
JFK for a week is 253
newark for 4 days is 300
newark for a week is like 600 or so...

lol ill check to see who else is coming.i dont feel like being one of the only european brawls, but ill def consider it very soon. btw what one would you advise out of the first two options.the first is for a week but includes more traveling to tourney and back and doesnt fly direct.second one is shorter but better travel wise :/

edit: nvm, not going now, the tax is the same price as the flight,so thats 500 - 800 pounds :( soz guys

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
cloudrain are you going to the website I am going to..hit me up on aim I'll hook you up with some good deals XD

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Us spanish players are already organizing the trip, if you can help us get cheap flights we'll be really thankfull, most of us are willing to go to anywhere in spain to get the cheapest plane. Anyways the cities that are likely to have these kind of flights are prolly madrid, Barcelona and maybe a couple more like sevilla and valencia.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ok guys like i said go to http://www.bargaintravel.com/international_flights.html and enter the information of where you are going it is in dollars so you have to translate it into your currency

remember leave on tuesday and come back on a tuesday/monday to get a great deal.

best bet is try leaving/arrival from jfk/newark to optimize your price range.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
That site must have the worst prices I've seen, no wonder it tries to hide the taxes.
A few weeks ago there were flights for $580, but they seem to have gone. All that is left is ~$850...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
ya the prices suck but considering they, last month, were a little bit more, I am happy they went down just a tad XD.

I dont blame you about the price. Traveling around the world is a bit of money. I will just remind you guys if you do make the trip I'll make sure you do get some sightseeing. I know if I traveled all the way to another country for a tournament I wanna go see some local cool stuff.

Though honestly I rather be in London vs NYC but thats cause I been in NYC all my life.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just saying that I still try to come. Right now I can't pay so I won't register yet. Currently I focus my finances on the ZEST tournament in Holland. After that I'll look out for Apex. Expect me to register / pay like in june.

:059:

Top Bottom