• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright i hope I can at least defend myself first. In fact I think I have 2 out of 3 scum nailed right now

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My vote stayed on Z25 up until about an hour left in the Day, when both Ryker and Laundry told me he wasn't happening and forced me to commit elsewhere. Even at that point I tried to inform them that we didn't need a majority for a lynch and I still preferred Z25. I also attempted a swing on you, a lynch I preferred over the two options being presented at the time. With two minutes to deadline I went back to Shish to hammer him over Fire because I didn't want a lynch that gave us no information.

I keep feeling misrepresented by you and I don't like it. I'm not trying to trade walls and honestly in general I think it's distracting to argue with people you scumread but I feel the need to correct your repeated false claims.
And you’ve pointed out my bIgesst problem with laundry and Ryker. They literally control the votes. It’s their opinions or no one else’s basically. I haven’t seen them really change based on discussucion.

A scum play I’ve seen used multiple times. Are both scum? Probably not. But I have a stronger read on one of them now that I’ve read these last few pages.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright let's shed some light and thoughts.

No? My complaints about your slot is that my memory of your actions is dissuading a Z25 lynch at every opportunity, being down for lynching 3K/Funko, Poke, and Kantrip, and whining about people calling you out when you backtracked on your Z25 defenses. You've shared comparatively little to what you think you've given the class.

:186:
By the time I was telling you to move your vote, you were the only one left on the wagon and I was under the impression we didn't have the votes. I definitely thought he was scum.

All of these soup and laundry interactions are quite interesting and very telling to me. Laundry and Ryker really didn't seem too have any problems with lynching me. But they were the bigger factors in deciding shishoe's fate instead. Not to mention that there was enough for people to lynch me day one.

But how convenient they didn't. The switched to get the more innocent townie gone. Shishoe really wasn't making himself look scummy. Hell I flat out said he shouldn't be the day one lynch and I was right.

Now here's how I think we got to today. Laundry being scum realized they could take advantage of the situation with me at hand. Why put me in the pool, when I would be such an easy lynch target today? Scum kills two townies with one stone.

This is something I've had happen to me before because a lot of people just don't like my plays, not that I really care when I'm always town. But if you want to see this exact play in action. Check out Star Wars Mafia.

So basically the second to last day, I had Nabe pinned against the wall as the godfather, and pointed out how he was behind every trick played throughout the game and things like that. The lynch came down to me and Alpha because Nabe was pushing it and getting town to join cause of his notoriety as a mafia player. I was about to be lynched in when the votes were tied because Nabe had a voting abuse power. He then tried to bargain and got the town to save me during the tie breaker only to set me up for the lynch the next day because it was that easy due the power he held over town despite being so scummy.

And damn do I see parallels here. Hell even @#HBC | Soup (why the hell can't he be tagged?) agrees but can't commit to lynching him. Laundry is controlling the vote and make use of #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker and his contributions to the town. He's playing off of Ryker to try and seem conspicuous. If he's "contributing" he's town to everyone. But this should not be how we define town.

I've seen this same scum strat used for Nintendozone users who were very popular and thus people had an unconscious habit of automatically trusting (thanks psychology) but they were scum, but due to their popularity and them seemingly contributing for town they weren't guilty what so ever. For this I think I'm able to piece things together.
In a game like this, I have to be more choosy. I'm only given one or two chances to lynch someone I actually want instead of letting NAR decide half of the unknowns for me. I don't wanna waste this therefore I get that I can be contradictive, unwilling to commit etc. but to me stakes are much higher. It'd be really easy for me to force feed you my **** but I'm not that callous. Annoyed maybe? My apologies, old habits die hard. I understand if you're town you are just trying to understand, but I'm town too so I'm trying to do the same thing!!!

That being said, yeah, I'm worried about you. You're a hard lynch though.
Here soup says something town should absolutely take note of. We can't afford many mislynches, and when shishoe had people reading him town, he shouldn't have been gone day 1, same way nzoners have read me as town and stated how I haven't played any differently.

Mafia gain too much by mislynching townies here. Which is why I'm postive one of our biggest speakers is scum so that they can mislynch townies while staying town in people's eyes.

In this game we should really consider things and talk first. however all 3 phases, everyone has said **** it lets all vote this one user right away and leave it at that.

Which if it keeps up will screw town over. Hell if we don't lynch scum today, I don't think wins. Mafia will manipulate the remaining players too well.
Okay because when I first got told Z25 wasn't happening I made a post informing y'all who might not know about that rule, I suppose you missed this post from me? At the time I was very confused why so many people were stonewalling a Z25 lynch when it was very feasible number-wise so I assumed you all thought my read on him was wrong and that he was town. Hearing soup and you say you scumread him and having Ryker vote him this phase is surreal to me because if anything my read on him has softened seeing how he was willing to reconsider on me. I guess I missed your case on him though so we can call it even.
Things were going very fast, I likely missed it.

Convenient that something very important was missed. This doesn't add up to me. I can't buy that someone supposedly heavily reading the thread missed something this crucial from kantrip. When it was super easy to lynch me day one and hell there was more merit then. Yet this didn't happen..

I already explained what I think is going on, but I don't like this post at all by laundry. Its a slip to me.
Like, I dunno. If you really want to know why I feel you're Mafia I think it boils down to the type of dialogue we're having right now. It's like, you come at me with the interest of the town yet you are sitting on the fact you were wrong on Shishoe and did nothing to progress that failure, merely wrote it off and moved onto the next thing. You're more focused on the idealistic sense of town instead of the pragmatic one, and it's not that you can't be wrong as town it's just the steps you took to be wrong that have bothered me, along with the lack of rectifying so.
Why did it take pulling your teeth out to get you to say this? I could've talked about this a long time ago and instead of doing so you just sat on it. Goddammit, Soup.

Ninja'd. Why is it everything you say is so hollow? Why is it Kantrip townreads you but cannot justify this fact other than it's because who you are? Why is he not considering this and giving you pass, but I am under blame for being flawed? This game is difficult and I don't know if Kantrip likes the taste of your piss or you two are actually aligned, because I find it uncanny how he hasn't waivered despite being so flippant on other things such as how he feels about Z25 for example.
Gotta agree with soup here. That above soup post is made and all laundry basically has to say is godamnit soup? Laundry should have spoken up way before now and even with this response they don't address soup's comment or even address it really in future posts. Again I think that's a slip.
Throwing words like "hollow" out there feels hollow itself. What do you expect me to say to that?

This,

He was aiming for Ryker early for slimsy reasons but the domino way he set this up is scummy to me. Ignore who I think is scummy now lynch him later, without good justification. Dominos tends to be scum trying to set up lynches with easy reasons to fall back on a pattern without thinking about why later.
Did you not read my last wall? I explained full well why I felt Ryker was more likely.

Hell the only reason I wrote that wall was to try and get people off my back. I was deemed as scum for wanting pokechu who was the easiest as **** scum to get, to be lynched the next day if not that day.

One of my initial posts I flat out said I doubt pokechu is on the pool as scum. That be so ****ing stupid of mafia that it be an easy scum lynch. But I was forced into voting for them basically because no one wanted to here otherwise. Especially Ryker and Laundry who like usually were offering the bigger points for it.

That's why I wanted Ryker. When I saw that pool, I knew Ryker or Laundry were scum and that lynching one of them would easilly explain so much on this game based on their flip.

Yesterday I was more sure it was Ryker. Maybe it was, but right now I'm thinking that it's to clean up Laundry's act. I have not liked a single post he's made today and his soup interactions I am surprised have not had anyone else asking questions because was literally cast for me at the start. And after that nothing else seemed to matter in this thread. But as a townie I'm not allowing that. I'll fight to end and make damn sure I do my best to expose scum where I see it. Have I been right so far?

Technically no, but I also didn't want a pokechu vote for the pool because it felt to obvious, and I was positive shishoe was town. None of my scum reads have been lynched because the second I say something people don't like I'm attacked which is bull **** imo.

But I'm used to it. Regardless I'm fully confident Laundry is the scum we're looking for.
Okay so if Ryu is scum I doubt Nabe, Ryker or disfunk are with him. D1's lynch was very close and they (thirdkoopa was still in but same difference) were the swing on Fire that made him the official opposition to Shish. Without mine and Pokechu's very last-minute Shish votes, Fire was looking like the more likely lynch. I'm still leaning more towards the stance that D1 was between 2 townies and scum is equally likely to have been sitting back or contributing to one of the wagons without any fear of what would actually get pushed through.

Joey also made his stance pretty firm that he didn't like a Fire lynch due to the lack of information and he refused to vote soup/myself as well. He was okay with a ThirdKoopa lynch and preferred a Z25 lynch but ultimately found himself on Shish. Dooms Dooms what do you think of soup now? And also same other question I asked Ryu: Anyone you're really comfortable with and would give a LyLo pass to?
This part of my problem with Joey. He's so fixated on me, yet day one he didn't stick to his guns, he went for an easier target. And that action screams scum to me. Plus he has kind of just stopped talking about 3k/disk and now he only shows up whens it convenient and came in just to vote me and left.

Joey and Landry feel like they are just contributing to try and feel town, Joey is way less active though and I'd be his scum trying to lay low, Laundry is scum but making sure that he seems town because he's a damn good player. And right now not sure who the last scum is, I would say maybe nabe as he isn't as active as he usually is and I find that suspicious.

So my scum list is Laundry, Nabe, And Joey.

But I want some thoughts, can you all really say I feel like a better lynch then what I've touched upon here. Also if you want more opinions or have questions, then ask. I'll answer them and I want discussion going.

Specifically I think Kantrip Kantrip and Disfunkshunal Disfunkshunal may have some good thoughts on this. What do you both think?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
To throw it out there, I switched here:

Something came up so I'm not sure when I'll be around much. Was trying to stay caught up via phone, but I started getting the advertisement problem too soooo rip

Shishoe and Z are preferred votes because neither of them are actually contributing. Tried to get more out of Shishoe, didn't respond. Instead, we got one of the most lack luster reads so far with poke and nothing else. Hard agree with Laundry on this one.

3K's catch up post was very... eh to me? I read it, the read list at the beginning was nice, but I felt like nothing on that read list really stuck. The biggest interaction was FE voting him but outside of that and asking Z some questions we didn't get much of anything out of all of those posts. I don't think this makes him a big scum read, but something I'm looking out for come the next day phase.

Vote: Shishoe

I think this type of coasting is more likely to be scum than Z's logic. Fine with either, but Shishoe sitting on Poke with "something seems fishy" as the reasoning is just not good LOL.
I still stand by what I said with the information given at the time.

I would have put Shishoe in a very similar boat prior to the Ryker vote because he just sat on Pokechu for **** reasons and coasted on it. Add on the meta defenses for Z and Shishoe was the better place to set my vote in case I couldnt come back for deadline.

If Z had his Ryker vote prior to day 2, I would have stuck there, but I'm not going to act like Z was more scummy than Shishoe.

I couldnt care less if I get lynched for inactivity though. Irl > mafia and irl hit hard. Don't care to argue about that. Using that logic similar to when you used it on Ryker is pretty bad though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To throw it out there, I switched here:

I still stand by what I said with the information given at the time.

I would have put Shishoe in a very similar boat prior to the Ryker vote because he just sat on Pokechu for **** reasons and coasted on it. Add on the meta defenses for Z and Shishoe was the better place to set my vote in case I couldnt come back for deadline.

If Z had his Ryker vote prior to day 2, I would have stuck there, but I'm not going to act like Z was more scummy than Shishoe.

I couldnt care less if I get lynched for inactivity though. Irl > mafia and irl hit hard. Don't care to argue about that. Using that logic similar to when you used it on Ryker is pretty bad though.
Out of curiosity when did you make this? I thought I was doing some decent contributing and trying to offer reads on day 1.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #1086):
  • Laundry: 1 (Z25)
  • Z25: 3 (Red Ryu, KY Joey, ѕoup)

Not currently voting: Ryker, Disfunkshunal, Laundry, Kantrip, Nabe

24 hours remain in this phase.
Majority lynch begins now! With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hmm. Nabe was a proponent for Z25 town Day 1 along with Ryker so I'd really like to see his thoughts at this point.

I agree that Laundry and Joey's presence on Shish is convenient considering they were both on board with a Z25 lynch which they now seem to be going for again. If the Fire/Ryu slot is scum I'd look to Laundry and Joey as likely partners.

Soup and Z25 are unlikely to be aligned, and both are unlikely to be with Laundry at this point imo. Also doubt Z25 is with Joey. If Z25 is scum I have trouble finding anyone who could fit as partners with him. Ryker? Nabe? Disfunk? I'm having more and more second thoughts on Z25 scum. Going for Laundry here is a tough sell in saving himself, I get the impression he really means it and isnt just scum trying to save himself.

I want people to talk to me about Ryu. I'm not convinced by anything he's put out and his scum list feels way too easy. The universal scumread + the two low contributors and doesn't have any strong townreads when pressed.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hmm. Nabe was a proponent for Z25 town Day 1 along with Ryker so I'd really like to see his thoughts at this point.

I agree that Laundry and Joey's presence on Shish is convenient considering they were both on board with a Z25 lynch which they now seem to be going for again. If the Fire/Ryu slot is scum I'd look to Laundry and Joey as likely partners.

Soup and Z25 are unlikely to be aligned, and both are unlikely to be with Laundry at this point imo. Also doubt Z25 is with Joey. If Z25 is scum I have trouble finding anyone who could fit as partners with him. Ryker? Nabe? Disfunk? I'm having more and more second thoughts on Z25 scum. Going for Laundry here is a tough sell in saving himself, I get the impression he really means it and isnt just scum trying to save himself.

I want people to talk to me about Ryu. I'm not convinced by anything he's put out and his scum list feels way too easy. The universal scumread + the two low contributors and doesn't have any strong townreads when pressed.
I don't see the Soup/Z25 disconnect. In fact, I think if one flips scum, the other is IMMEDIATELY where I would be. What makes you reach the opposite conclusion? Going for Laundry is a tough sell, but I think this fella thinks he's a big shot. I think he really thinks he can get it, regardless of his alignment.

You want Ryu? I haven't got much, tbh. He feels like Rajam, stuck in a time capsule. He's always treading ground other people have already walked and his prodding is based on his catch-up and I don't really get a solid feel of how his process is regained. I am always inclined to think a slot like that is scum because it's so easy to coast like that without doing anything. Ryu ships on most any scum team right now as a filler option, but no, I haven't seen anything particularly scummy. I do find the fact that he keeps mentioning Nabe and failing to take him to task is interesting though. Could be a distancing attempt if I see a scumflip, but that's a matter for when I have a flip.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
It's honestly annoying that the only person consistently around when I am is Kantrip. I'm gonna collapse soon and we're gonna be in an EoD scramble tomorrow where some people want to lynch Z25 and a counterwagon starts up somewhere. be it Soup, Laundry, Red Ruy or maybe something else. You, Laundry, and me are gonna be the real deciding factors on where the lynch goes between the two and the people who have been unable to keep up are going to fail to contribute again. I'm going to be stuck here with no way to tell if people just can't/won't keep up or if they're scum trying to coast.

It's dumb.

These are the types of games where a PR helps immensely in narrowing down the field.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I don't think it's Z25. No one is interacting with him, no one is trying to save him. I mean, Disfunk hasn't posted toDay? But Z25 doesn't seem to be showcasing any agenda that's different from his typical town game.

This isn't me firmly rooted in the thread this second btw, but feel free to shoot for specifics.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Someone, ANYONE, please prove me wrong. Come in here, make your stance known and actually campaign it before deadline so I can interact with it.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Out of curiosity when did you make this? I thought I was doing some decent contributing and trying to offer reads on day 1.
Page 7 or 8. It was when you were hardcore meta defending yourself from Kantrip and counter-pushing him. You also gave some thoughts on meta for the players in the game and were sitting on Ryker's wagon (actually unvoted him when I was mid-post). You gave a few reads so you weren't Shish level, but you were definitely up there in "lots of posts, lots of meta thoughts, not as many actual reads outside of those meta thoughts".

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I don't think it's Z25. No one is interacting with him, no one is trying to save him. I mean, Disfunk hasn't posted toDay? But Z25 doesn't seem to be showcasing any agenda that's different from his typical town game.

This isn't me firmly rooted in the thread this second btw, but feel free to shoot for specifics.
So are you pushing Disfunk today?

Please help, I'm so bored.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think Z25 is scummy too, but not for Kantrip's tone-based points. Joey pings the surface of what I found scummy but I think it's worth delving much deeper into that:

There are precious few reasons in my mind that would cause a townie to vote for the same wagon as somebody he suspects and I doubt Z can name any of them on his own. It calls into question the ingenuity of both his read and his vote. On its own this is questionable behavior, but what I found far more interesting is the following:

3K completely disappears off his scumlist, just as quickly as he appeared on it. There's no resolution to the read or attempt to follow it up. Despite offering subtle agreement with Soup (it is worth pointing out that his 3K stance appeared 3 posts after Soup's vote onto 3K), he never joins Soup on Soup's pushes of 3k, instead focusing more onto Poke and Kantrip. That read ain't genuine in the slightest. What's more, his Kantrip suspicion is pure OMGUS and his Poke suspicions are built similarly to Shishoe's: framed as over the top and then pushed for lazy, mechanical reasons because "it's not what town would do" with zero regard for the context of the game that Poke was posting in.

Also, while I have a strong distaste for pushing someone off pure tonal reasons, that doesn't disregard any of Kantrip's points: his fear of making a commitment to any particular stance is concerning. That shouldn't be disregarded.

In case you were wondering Kantrip, this is Laundry's thoughts on Z25 and probably the case he was talking about.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Z25 Z25 - Would you lynch soup or Ryu?

I'm torn on soup/Z25. Laundry is convinced they aren't partners based on soup's wagon dissuading and I agree that scum soup likely doesn't go out on a limb to save a partner but I also think it's curious how he shifted to scumreading Z25 when people called out his defense considering in his first posts he absolutely called Z25 town.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah I don't like it, and at risk of incurring more soup analogies of me buddying you I don't want to support a Laundry lynch if no one wanted it yesterDay.

In a world where the entire pool yesterDay was in fact town, scum's screwed if we don't turn on each other. If any of us are scum I think we lynch the mates and catch them through connections. Not gonna let WIFOM or paranoia do it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay I just reread the entire thread and I'm still not sure what you're referring to. I saw one point where you said you didn't like Z25 but for different reasons than me, and I'm going to assume that post is what you're talking about. Now Ryker can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly confident he townread Z25 Day 1 and switched his stance based on Z25's Day 2 play. You and soup both seem to be in this weird boat of blocking a Z25 lynch but being adamant that you find him scummy. I especially take issue with it Day 1 where a Z25 lynch was very viable. We had you, me, Joey, and 3K all saying they were okay with it if I recall correctly.

From reading the room right now, it seems like a Z25 lynch is almost unanimous, but you seem to prefer soup? And you don't think they're aligned, so are you at a point where you think you were wrong on Z25 or what? Also sorry to bombard you with something completely unrelated but what's your opinion of Nabe?
1) Four votes isn't majority and I thought we needed that. I told you to move because I thought we weren't getting majority.
2)
Lynch priority: Shishoe > Z > 3K. Pick one, move your vote there. We have 4.5 hours remaining.

This is my lynch priority from D1. It's not like Z wasn't scummy to me, that read never disappeared off my radar. I just wanted Shish more, and didn't have to swing a wagon to get that lynch.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
You two have two wagons to pick from at the moment and enough time to start a third if you want. What do you want? I don't want to see you filing into wagons at EoD.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: To answer your question, yes, I do want Soup's lynch Kantrip. I'm perfectly fine with a Z lynch, I find both scummy, but I think if the choice were purely up to me, I'd rather remove Soup from the game than Z.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yay, now I can bandwagon something. It's all I want to do in life.

Vote: Soup

Personally, I would rather lynch Soup of the two, but I am currently shipping both on the same scum team.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip, did you miss my question?
The one you just posed? No. I'm mulling all the disconnects I'm feeling to eliminate unlikely teams. Soup and Laundry definitely not aligned and I feel it's likely one's scum. Trying to decide if scumSoup is discrediting Laundry with his suspicions or if he's on the right track.

Kantrip

Kantplay
So Ryker thinks soup + Z25.
Laundry thinks soup =/= Z25.
Both soup and Z25 are coordinated on Laundry. Soup is fine with lynching Z25 while soup isnt on Z25's scum list.
Nabe's Day 1 scum read on soup is gone, credits it to soup's AtE. He wants Laundry and wants to work with soup and Z suddenly.
Joey remains consistent on trusting me and Laundry, wanting Z25. I forget his stance on soup but could be important.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
My crackpot understanding of mafia's motivation with that pit is that they either wanted to bait Ryker or I into some hella WIFOM and lynch the other or they were trying to make us look scummier by being the obvious place for mafia to hide in that pit. If the former was their plan, it didn't work, but the latter definitely did.
Actually, Kantrip, can I run this by you and get your thoughts on it?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh yeah and Ryu wants Z25 and doesn't understand the scumreads on soup, has Nabe and Joey in his pool from PoE essentially.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh, joy. What's got you pinged about him?

Also what do you make of Z's push onto me?

I comment on Soup earlier in this phase. He just keeps all his options open all the time. I'm STILL waiting for him to try and follow-up on Disfunk/3K. The absolute failure to push toward you at the start of the phase and subsequent meltdown aren't a good look. If he's actually town, I'm floored that he could do that "when I flip town you'll all feel so stupid" line with a straight face.

Z thinks he can do it, regardless of alignment. The two worlds we live in are the one where he's town and just has a tinfoil hat on at all times or he's scum and he thinks he can take advantage of the situation to get big lynches. I'm more inclined to believe the latter than the former at the moment given how he springs as soon as something in the thread means he can take a shot downfield and how I think he pairs well with a Soup or Nabe scumteam.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually, Kantrip, can I run this by you and get your thoughts on it?

Well certainly if you and Ryker are town, scum wants to introduce uncertainty and discredit you. Soup was the first to mention 1 scum being in the pool and Ryker said he came to the same conclusion but refused to default to you out of WIFOM paranoia despite you being the likeliest suspect. So I agree with your assessment and also agree that part of the fear surrounding your slot can be attributed to setup speculation possibly, but I personally am not informing my decisions off or yesterDay's pool. I'm more interested in who allowed Pokechu to die only to be worried about you now.

Top Bottom