• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I comment on Soup earlier in this phase. He just keeps all his options open all the time. I'm STILL waiting for him to try and follow-up on Disfunk/3K. The absolute failure to push toward you at the start of the phase and subsequent meltdown aren't a good look. If he's actually town, I'm floored that he could do that "when I flip town you'll all feel so stupid" line with a straight face.
Yeh, coupled with his meltdown yesterday over his complete lack of awareness about his own treatment of Z, coupled with his treatment of Z, coupled with how he's weirdly confident about certain slots but his actions are riddled with apprehension and hesitation.

Z thinks he can do it, regardless of alignment. The two worlds we live in are the one where he's town and just has a tinfoil hat on at all times or he's scum and he thinks he can take advantage of the situation to get big lynches. I'm more inclined to believe the latter than the former at the moment given how he springs as soon as something in the thread means he can take a shot downfield and how I think he pairs well with a Soup or Nabe scumteam.
I can get behind that read.

:186:

Kantrip

Kantplay
EBWOP:

This one, Kantrip
Oh okay, yeah like I said I'm in between your thoughts and Laundry's. I do see a universe where scum soup discredits scum Z25's wagon early with subtle suggestions that he sees the scumminess but thinks it's a mislynch waiting to happen. The thing that pings me the most about this behaviour is if soup is scum and Z25 is town I don't see why soup doesn't just fully commit to the defense knowing if Z25 does get lynched he looks better. At the same time, soup tried to steer the wagon away unprompted and I don't know that he brings that attention to himself to save a mate.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I like either lynch better than Laundry for sure.

Vote: soup
L-2

Hoping people who aren't around show up and weigh in.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I started reading Z25's Laundry vote and I saw bangers like:

I've seen this same scum strat used for Nintendozone users who were very popular and thus people had an unconscious habit of automatically trusting (thanks psychology) but they were scum, but due to their popularity and them seemingly contributing for town they weren't guilty what so ever. For this I think I'm able to piece things together.
But how convenient they didn't. The switched to get the more innocent townie gone. Shishoe really wasn't making himself look scummy. Hell I flat out said he shouldn't be the day one lynch and I was right.
TL;DR thoughts on it: Very nit-picky, very meta reliant with meta that means NOTHING in regards to Laundry (or Ryker), still have little idea why he is voting Laundry instead of random69, the popular player from nintendozone. Basically how I felt with his Ryker vote yesterday, except now it's worse because it's more focused on the general concept of "one of the people with the thread power has to be scum" instead of specifically stuff Laundry has done for the most part, while the parts that are specifically about Laundry are very bad (some of it just flat out wrong ex: "Laundry should have spoken out way before now [about soup]" when I'm 90% sure Laundry has questioned Soup's **** multiple times which lead up to that point???). Want him lynched even more now.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Don't lecture me, tell me I'm having a meltdown, etc.

There's way more things to worry about in my life than this game lol

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Coming back to this after shelving those three for the moment.

Ruy, you've been around, I haven't. What do you normally see out of NabeTown nowadays? How does he typically take to shorter phase length?

Can you elaborate on Joey?
He’s not a fan of the shorter deadlines. Nabe I would say would provide more in recent games but he does tend to play still pretty much a he’s around posts a bit on the sides.

Joey is Not giving me a lot to get me to read into him as town when I tend to think when I read him as town I tend to get it pretty fast but not here.

#HBC | ѕoup

lmao what

Dude, you guys literally overanalyze everything and I am so annoyed with it. You can't just compensate on a read, and I tried to play your game but I find myself remembering why I don't like playing like this or why I like old DGames meta, because nothing gets ****ing done. Lynch me and if you're town analyze my wagon

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Are we being rude? Or is it more in-game related things like Laundry/Ryker "controlling the game" and the situation with "confirmed" town and such?

#HBC | ѕoup

Are we being rude? Or is it more in-game related things like Laundry/Ryker "controlling the game" and the situation with "confirmed" town and such?
Nobody is being rude, you're all playing the game at the capacity I expect you to, when I say it's toxic I just think we've talked so much and yet I feel like it's all been mostly a blur

#HBC | ѕoup

You guys need to stop talking and just lynch *******, I don't care if it's me if it gives some of you a wake up call

#HBC | ѕoup

Dude, you guys literally overanalyze everything and I am so annoyed with it. You can't just compensate on a read, and I tried to play your game but I find myself remembering why I don't like playing like this or why I like old DGames meta, because nothing gets ****ing done. Lynch me and if you're town analyze my wagon
Why I don't like*

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
FWIW Soup I agree with you and I've regretted joining this game like a day after it started (especially this type of play with these deadlines... It's actually toxic as ****). There are a LOT of words being thrown out and none of it sticks. I'm sorry since I know I've personally contributed to it.

However, I think you should just replace out if you feel this way. It's harsh to everyone playing to try to force the day to end. If you're doing this for in-game reasons then of course you do you, but idk sorry you feel this way :/

Kantrip

Kantplay
I want to hear from people who haven't had the chance to weigh in. If you are in fact town I'd rather know where everyone stood on the lynch rather than have you push a quick hammer on it which makes it hard to hold other people accountable.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm just playing the game. It's my job to find mafia and so I'm going to turn over every stone and go down every alley that I need to to find them and get enough evidence to convince others to lynch them. It's literally my win condition to do so. I've avoided personal attacks and name-calling at every opportunity and have gone out of my way to take a rather even-headed approach specifically to avoid offending others with my more aggressive tendencies in this game. Part of the adventure is players prodding you to try to get a read on you however they tend to do it. If you can't handle that happening, I have little idea why you bother playing. This should be a normal experience for you, Soup.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm just playing the game. It's my job to find mafia and so I'm going to turn over every stone and go down every alley that I need to to find them and get enough evidence to convince others to lynch them. It's literally my win condition to do so. I've avoided personal attacks and name-calling at every opportunity and have gone out of my way to take a rather even-headed approach specifically to avoid offending others with my more aggressive tendencies in this game. Part of the adventure is players prodding you to try to get a read on you however they tend to do it. If you can't handle that happening, I have little idea why you bother playing. This should be a normal experience for you, Soup.

You think I am mafia should you vote me, be responsible for something for a change

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Not trying to lecture, but yeah, be fair to everyone playing and such.

Does anyone actually want Ryu lynched? I know Disfunk is an option people are considering as well. Or are we locking onto Soup/Z?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I see the point tho lol a lot of discussion in this game and i know im largely responsible

Pyp was fun with nailing scum fast but it helped getting one Day 1. None of my reads are confident enough for that this game

Kantrip

Kantplay

Does anyone actually want Ryu lynched? I know Disfunk is an option people are considering as well. Or are we locking onto Soup/Z?
Considering Ryu more than disfunk but I want the latter to show up

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Alright let's shed some light and thoughts.

All of these soup and laundry interactions are quite interesting and very telling to me. Laundry and Ryker really didn't seem too have any problems with lynching me. But they were the bigger factors in deciding shishoe's fate instead. Not to mention that there was enough for people to lynch me day one.

But how convenient they didn't. The switched to get the more innocent townie gone. Shishoe really wasn't making himself look scummy. Hell I flat out said he shouldn't be the day one lynch and I was right.

Now here's how I think we got to today. Laundry being scum realized they could take advantage of the situation with me at hand. Why put me in the pool, when I would be such an easy lynch target today? Scum kills two townies with one stone.

This is something I've had happen to me before because a lot of people just don't like my plays, not that I really care when I'm always town. But if you want to see this exact play in action. Check out Star Wars Mafia.

So basically the second to last day, I had Nabe pinned against the wall as the godfather, and pointed out how he was behind every trick played throughout the game and things like that. The lynch came down to me and Alpha because Nabe was pushing it and getting town to join cause of his notoriety as a mafia player. I was about to be lynched in when the votes were tied because Nabe had a voting abuse power. He then tried to bargain and got the town to save me during the tie breaker only to set me up for the lynch the next day because it was that easy due the power he held over town despite being so scummy.

And damn do I see parallels here. Hell even @#HBC | Soup (why the hell can't he be tagged?) agrees but can't commit to lynching him. Laundry is controlling the vote and make use of #HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker and his contributions to the town. He's playing off of Ryker to try and seem conspicuous. If he's "contributing" he's town to everyone. But this should not be how we define town.

I've seen this same scum strat used for Nintendozone users who were very popular and thus people had an unconscious habit of automatically trusting (thanks psychology) but they were scum, but due to their popularity and them seemingly contributing for town they weren't guilty what so ever. For this I think I'm able to piece things together.

Here soup says something town should absolutely take note of. We can't afford many mislynches, and when shishoe had people reading him town, he shouldn't have been gone day 1, same way nzoners have read me as town and stated how I haven't played any differently.

Mafia gain too much by mislynching townies here. Which is why I'm postive one of our biggest speakers is scum so that they can mislynch townies while staying town in people's eyes.

In this game we should really consider things and talk first. however all 3 phases, everyone has said **** it lets all vote this one user right away and leave it at that.

Which if it keeps up will screw town over. Hell if we don't lynch scum today, I don't think wins. Mafia will manipulate the remaining players too well.

Convenient that something very important was missed. This doesn't add up to me. I can't buy that someone supposedly heavily reading the thread missed something this crucial from kantrip. When it was super easy to lynch me day one and hell there was more merit then. Yet this didn't happen..

I already explained what I think is going on, but I don't like this post at all by laundry. Its a slip to me.

Gotta agree with soup here. That above soup post is made and all laundry basically has to say is godamnit soup? Laundry should have spoken up way before now and even with this response they don't address soup's comment or even address it really in future posts. Again I think that's a slip.

Did you not read my last wall? I explained full well why I felt Ryker was more likely.

Hell the only reason I wrote that wall was to try and get people off my back. I was deemed as scum for wanting pokechu who was the easiest as **** scum to get, to be lynched the next day if not that day.

One of my initial posts I flat out said I doubt pokechu is on the pool as scum. That be so ****ing stupid of mafia that it be an easy scum lynch. But I was forced into voting for them basically because no one wanted to here otherwise. Especially Ryker and Laundry who like usually were offering the bigger points for it.

That's why I wanted Ryker. When I saw that pool, I knew Ryker or Laundry were scum and that lynching one of them would easilly explain so much on this game based on their flip.

Yesterday I was more sure it was Ryker. Maybe it was, but right now I'm thinking that it's to clean up Laundry's act. I have not liked a single post he's made today and his soup interactions I am surprised have not had anyone else asking questions because was literally cast for me at the start. And after that nothing else seemed to matter in this thread. But as a townie I'm not allowing that. I'll fight to end and make damn sure I do my best to expose scum where I see it. Have I been right so far?

Technically no, but I also didn't want a pokechu vote for the pool because it felt to obvious, and I was positive shishoe was town. None of my scum reads have been lynched because the second I say something people don't like I'm attacked which is bull **** imo.

But I'm used to it. Regardless I'm fully confident Laundry is the scum we're looking for.

This part of my problem with Joey. He's so fixated on me, yet day one he didn't stick to his guns, he went for an easier target. And that action screams scum to me. Plus he has kind of just stopped talking about 3k/disk and now he only shows up whens it convenient and came in just to vote me and left.

Joey and Landry feel like they are just contributing to try and feel town, Joey is way less active though and I'd be his scum trying to lay low, Laundry is scum but making sure that he seems town because he's a damn good player. And right now not sure who the last scum is, I would say maybe nabe as he isn't as active as he usually is and I find that suspicious.

So my scum list is Laundry, Nabe, And Joey.

But I want some thoughts, can you all really say I feel like a better lynch then what I've touched upon here. Also if you want more opinions or have questions, then ask. I'll answer them and I want discussion going.

Specifically I think Kantrip Kantrip and @Disfunkshunal may have some good thoughts on this. What do you both think?
Gomna dig into this when I can I wanna read this and think about this more.

#HBC | ѕoup

I genuinely, whole-heartedly, believe we should just all just shut up and lynch someone. We're all preparing for the worst case scenario and there's so much goddamn paranoia. I think at some point we all agreed Z25 was scummy but then you've got people overthinking things before we even have a conclusion about the first thought. Does that make sense? If your gut tells you that I mafia, then you should vote me. Don't think about the ramifications until after. I've fallen into this myself throughout the game and I want this to change if town is going to win this thing.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I just don't understand the frustration. Deadlines are short and other games I've played lately have gone to deadline basically every phase. Why are we trying to cut them even shorter?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719

I still find Soup's play scummy regardless and I'm not switching last second because he's exploding in thread. At this point it's better to remove him as it is because he's already mentally gone and will likely be a detriment to town.

#HBC | ѕoup

I am willing to be wrong about Kantrip/Laundry. I don't know where I'd go if that's the case and sometimes I feel like the reason I feel they're scum is that this environment is almost intentional.

I still find Soup's play scummy regardless and I'm not switching last second because he's exploding in thread. At this point it's better to remove him as it is because he's already mentally gone and will likely be a detriment to town.

Can you stop saying I am exploding? You don't even know my facial expression right now as I type this which is completely neutral but I just laughed thinking about how you seemingly believe I'm about to throw my keyboard over ****ing mafia...let alone ****ing mafia on a dead website LMFAO

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There is something to be said how people say on pokachu but it was hard to argue against it when I wasn’t sold on the others being scum. Unless Z25 Z25 were you more sold on Pokechu being town?

#HBC | ѕoup

Exactly why I'm skeptical of all of this behavior.

You're missing the point entirely. I'm not saying that you need to speedlynch people if you're all in agreement, but if D1 was any indication people piled onto Shish at last minute because they realized all they've done is talk instead of commit. So..don't do that. Commit. Your vote is on me, you think I'm mafia. It's the best play you've done all game even if it's wrong, because at least it's ****ing..what's the word? It's simple. Everyone is trying to be sooo complex in their reads and thoughts that I can't follow any of it because who knows if they're gonna change their mind!!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Can you stop saying I am exploding? You don't even know my facial expression right now as I type this which is completely neutral but I just laughed thinking about how you seemingly believe I'm about to throw my keyboard over ****ing mafia...let alone ****ing mafia on a dead website LMFAO
People in good mental states don't enter threads, call the whole thing toxic, complain about everything, then act in spite of their win condition throwing the game for their alignment.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
For reference, the Laundry vote was targeted at Soup, because he seemed to be hinting that he'd go Laundry only after a Z25 flip but didn't want to say it outright. I wanted to dig into that. Obviously that wasn't the response I envisioned.

The vote came out to begin with because Ryker said he was bored. Momentum is good, hence, vote. It was a window of time in which I knew I wasn't going to be here but wanted to have something going on. Still not here-here.

Two cents, I said I was surprised with the sheer body and pace of content in the thread, but I find it refreshing to read rather than toxic, even if it's harder to grab a foothold than the NZone-style games have been lately. The nomination phases are where I'd want things to move more quickly if anything, so that we can move straight to talking them out in these phases.

#HBC | ѕoup

People in good mental states don't enter threads, call the whole thing toxic, complain about everything, then act in spite of their win condition throwing the game for their alignment.

I think that's on you man, I'm doing what I feel is necessary to get my point across. I'm tired of playing your game so now you're forced to play mine

Top Bottom