• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Then why did you say I'm mafia up the page?

:186:
Ninja'd. Why is it everything you say is so hollow? Why is it Kantrip townreads you but cannot justify this fact other than it's because who you are? Why is he not considering this and giving you pass, but I am under blame for being flawed? This game is difficult and I don't know if Kantrip likes the taste of your piss or you two are actually aligned, because I find it uncanny how he hasn't waivered despite being so flippant on other things such as how he feels about Z25 for example.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hold up buddy. Don't misrepresent me like that. I've made several comments about how I'm wary of Laundry and why I feel like a lot his questions seem hollow and not scumhunting-motivated. I also said multiple times yesterDay that I would rather lynch between Laundry and Ryker than Pokechu, and I'm still angry that we defaulted to Pokechu when he was the most obv-town of the group.

I want to hear your reasons for not liking Laundry because I'm entertaining the idea of him being mafia too, not because I'm trying to chainsaw defend him or something.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I wrote it off because there was little to say about it. He was town, yes, but his play was lackluster. He stonewalled any attempt other slots made to interact with him and his push on Poke was flat-out garbage, the same kind of push you saw on players like marshy for how they played. It's not like I could go back and read him for spectacular insights when his attempt to play was not to play with others. The wagon might've been worth analysis had 3/5 of it not subsequently been put into the lynch pit the next day, with the other two being one of my townreads and a complete nonfactor in the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

Hold up buddy. Don't misrepresent me like that. I've made several comments about how I'm wary of Laundry and why I feel like a lot his questions seem hollow and not scumhunting-motivated. I also said multiple times yesterDay that I would rather lynch between Laundry and Ryker than Pokechu, and I'm still angry that we defaulted to Pokechu when he was the most obv-town of the group.

I want to hear your reasons for not liking Laundry because I'm entertaining the idea of him being mafia too, not because I'm trying to chainsaw defend him or something.
If we're fact-checking can I see those attempts? Paragraph-style and tons of walls lead to skimming, so I may have missed this due to my own confirmation bias about things.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The other two are just as ****ty, imo. Tired of garbage like that.

Kantrip Kantrip thread's dead. You're no longer in the hot seat. Gimmie your take on who you want second most and why right now.

@Disfunkshunal Soup wants to lynch you. Do you find that behaviour scummy?

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe hey, buddy. I missed you last phase. What did you make of the EoD1 behaviour? There was a lot happening and you ended up on Fire instead of Shish. What do you think of the not Poke late voters and where did scum end up on the wagons.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu top 3 targets at the moment, ordered. Lemme know why one is worse than the other.
Working with you here,

Best to worst list.

Vote: Z25

1. Z25 slot played scummy yesterday and I am concerned that no one batted at eye at his super scummy post yesterday.

2. Nabe he is playing in a way that makes me extremely uncomfortable. I got little top go on and I can see him sliding into end game with nothing to go on when I know he can do better. On top of that, what he has posted has been not as memorable.

3. Joey or a Poe, I know about his low of power but I can't get my feeling off of that I don;t feel sound with him right now. if not him than an PoE slot.

I am not ruling out one of the people in the 4 isn't scum but it feels off to me with how it was set-up Laundry would be my numero uno for trying to get away with it. If not 2 people then you and him. I don't think you as a person would throw yourself in unless you were absilutely sure you could get away with it. Past that, the interactions with you and other players makes me think with the pool of kantrip and Laundry, you aren't connected in a team. Only person I think you could super fool me with is laundry due to past experience with him. You have years of it, only person you could pull that find of interaction with a SvS thing in this game is what I think.

Not really concerned with the Ryker, Laundry, Kantrip pool, but it has been in my mind seeing that all go down yesterday, especially you and Kantrip.

Rambing a lot here, but I would rather make what I am thinking on the table than hold anything back right now.

#HBC | ѕoup

Throwing words like "hollow" out there feels hollow itself. What do you expect me to say to that?

Whatever you want, I'm just telling you what I feel because that is apparently what you don't understand.

Let's just take a break from this and just say in the possibilty of all three of us being misdirected, confused, and ignoring the elephant in the room..who would it be? Joey? Nabe? Z25? Disfunk? Ruy? Ryker? If we're all town (you yourself said you felt all 4 nominees were town), then who's left? There's gonna be another nomination up soon and I'd prefer it not be me because you're gonna end up scratching your heads and perhaps regretting it. I gave some bravado towards 3K/Disfunk cause he'd be easier to sell, in case you were wondering the burning question of why 'why didnt you vote/pressure/talk about this'.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Throwing words like "hollow" out there feels hollow itself. What do you expect me to say to that?

My only gripe with you is that I feel a disconnect between the questions you ask and the information you could get from them, and what you actually focus on. It feels like your direction in the game isn't informed by your questions which is something I could attribute to fake scumhunting to maintain appearances. However, I can't deny you've been undeniably a top contributor and I haven't seen anything actually scummy to push you from. My comment was more to call out soup for misrepresenting me and less for you to respond to. I'm not interested in lynching you at this time and I value your contributions to the activity level of this game, but you're not a solid townread for me either.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why did you wait until <future date when you actually make a push on Laundry instead of vague discrediting suspicion> to make a push on Laundry instead of this vague discrediting suspicion?

YesterDay we had Ryker AND Laundry in a lynch pool. It was a prime opportunity to try to rally up support to lynch them and I don't think Laundry received a single vote? I trust him more than I trust Ryker at this juncture, hence me at least using my vote to show where I stood, but I am super frustrated that Pokechu got lynched if we're still gonna move forward and suspect other people who were up yesterDay.
Let's be real on this.

This wasn't going to happejn given how day 1 went and how pokechu played.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Here's just a couple posts where I voiced my preference to lynch Ryker or Laundry over Pokechu and mentioned my wariness of Laundry with reasoning, soup. Although I'm confident there's more because I was quite vocal yesterDay on how I felt.

I'm positive scum was on board with lynching Pokechu because he was the hardest to get a mislynch on moving forward past that phase. It is very valuable for town to keep universal townreads alive and I feel very passionately about not doing what we did yesterDay again.
I like Joey. I like Laundry but I'm wary because he's certainly flooding the thread with content and asking a lot of questions, but at no point have I actually looked at an individual post and seen exactly how it would help him find scum. Rather, I see his questions as a wide net he's casting for information but it's yet to be seen if he's using this information or not, or if it's just to keep appearances. I like disfunk's entrance, he replaced third right?

I have no opinion of Nabe. He called soup scum in RVS and when asked said that he didn't and doesn't think soup is scum. Past that I can't remember anything. I also have no opinion of Fire.

#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker - Why did you go with Fire at the end of Day 1? Do you think that slot is likely scum at this point? Do you agree with Laundry's assertion that myself or Pokechu nominating ourselves as scum would be suicide?

@Disfunkshunal - Why does Nabe shoot up your scum list if I'm scum?

@Z25 - What do you think of what Laundry said about Pokechu and myself being nominated? Do you think anyone other than me that's been nominated is scummy?
Well after this exercise my opinion is much the same.

Still no idea what Fire is. If he's scum I think his mates likely were on Shish and I'm looking at Pokechu in particular for his late entrance.
If he's town I think scum was trying to keep the lynch between him and Shish and I'm looking at one of Ryker and Laundry.

Independent of Fire's alignment I think soup is scummy and regardless of what happens toDay I think he should be pressured toMorrow.

As for toDay, I don't see any problem with lynching Pokechu and think he's the safe play if we're worried about a mislynch hurting active townies. Additionally, on the slight chance he's actually mafia we can take another hard look at Fire.

However, I think Ryker/Laundry is way more likely to yield scum IF there is scum in the pool.
That being said, my perspective is that I believe Pokechu to be town and have reasonable doubt on the other two even though at present time I have no reason to scumread them and like their contributions. So my vote is on Ryker, my least confident townread of the pool, but I'd switch if need be and I'll be around until deadline.

I think I've laid out everything else I'm passionate about. Disfunk and Pokechu I think are my strongest townreads, which in a normal game I wouldn't share but I think it has merit here.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Let's be real on this.

This wasn't going to happejn given how day 1 went and how pokechu played.
I agree but it became increasingly clear through both the way he was nominated and how he continued to play when his head was in the guillotine that he was town, and lynching him as the least contributing townie of the pool was only okay with me under the assumption that the majority of us were comfortable with the rest of the pool. To turn around and suspect someone who was up for lynch yesterDay NOW, after we lynched Pokechu, just reeks of opportunism to me as if I had my way I would've spared Pokechu despite how erratic and non-serious his play was.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Whatever you want, I'm just telling you what I feel because that is apparently what you don't understand.
It's not lack of understanding, I just can't do anything else about it if you never engage with me on it.

Let's just take a break from this and just say in the possibilty of all three of us being misdirected, confused, and ignoring the elephant in the room..who would it be? Joey? Nabe? Z25? Disfunk? Ruy? Ryker? If we're all town (you yourself said you felt all 4 nominees were town), then who's left? There's gonna be another nomination up soon and I'd prefer it not be me because you're gonna end up scratching your heads and perhaps regretting it. I gave some bravado towards 3K/Disfunk cause he'd be easier to sell, in case you were wondering the burning question of why 'why didnt you vote/pressure/talk about this'.
I'm still convinced Kantrip, Ryker, and I are town. My crackpot understanding of mafia's motivation with that pit is that they either wanted to bait Ryker or I into some hella WIFOM and lynch the other or they were trying to make us look scummier by being the obvious place for mafia to hide in that pit. If the former was their plan, it didn't work, but the latter definitely did.

With that said, I have to find three mafia in a pool of Nabe/Ruy/Funko/Soup/Z/Joey. I think you and Z are the scummiest players left alive but I'm fairly confident you two aren't aligned. I think Joey and Funko are the towniest players in that pit as well, leaving Nabe/Ruy as PoE, but I'm not willing to start PoEing at all until I have a scumflip in hand in the first place. Unless something drastically changes my read, I'm probably lynching one of you or Z today.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
My only gripe with you is that I feel a disconnect between the questions you ask and the information you could get from them, and what you actually focus on. It feels like your direction in the game isn't informed by your questions which is something I could attribute to fake scumhunting to maintain appearances. However, I can't deny you've been undeniably a top contributor and I haven't seen anything actually scummy to push you from. My comment was more to call out soup for misrepresenting me and less for you to respond to. I'm not interested in lynching you at this time and I value your contributions to the activity level of this game, but you're not a solid townread for me either.
I mean, that's fair. I've been taking a rather relaxed approach to the game because I'm trying to keep my temper in check and not go to bed stressed out and pissed off every night. I also don't wanna turn into an angry **** either. I've generally gotten information out of the things I've been asking--most of my reads D1 were built off things I had asked or pushed into.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's okay. What's the super scummy Z25 post you're referring to?
This,

Also with pokechu barely contributing and fire being absent, tomorrow’s lynch should for sure go to one of them
He was aiming for Ryker early for slimsy reasons but the domino way he set this up is scummy to me. Ignore who I think is scummy now lynch him later, without good justification. Dominos tends to be scum trying to set up lynches with easy reasons to fall back on a pattern without thinking about why later.

Kantrip

Kantplay
See it makes it harder to get all suspicious of Laundry when his reads list is so similar to mine. I'll also admit part of the reason I'm trusting Laundry and Ryker is because I'm doubtful they're scum together and I'm partially deferring to their ability to read each other. I even think I've double checked with them multiple times that they still trust each other. If they're scum together, have been faking all their interactions, and put both of themselves up on the block then I'll look like a fool for working with them so trustingly but I don't feel like that's the case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
See it makes it harder to get all suspicious of Laundry when his reads list is so similar to mine. I'll also admit part of the reason I'm trusting Laundry and Ryker is because I'm doubtful they're scum together and I'm partially deferring to their ability to read each other. I even think I've double checked with them multiple times that they still trust each other. If they're scum together, have been faking all their interactions, and put both of themselves up on the block then I'll look like a fool for working with them so trustingly but I don't feel like that's the case.
This,

He was aiming for Ryker early for slimsy reasons but the domino way he set this up is scummy to me. Ignore who I think is scummy now lynch him later, without good justification. Dominos tends to be scum trying to set up lynches with easy reasons to fall back on a pattern without thinking about why later.
React to me sempai. :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bolded is a concern of mine though, mostly due to the fact of all the players in the game they are the best to get away with it in a pool of 4 and now.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This,

Okay fair point. I think his Ryker vote in general is just really weird. He's asking a lot of people about Ryker and seems to distrust him in general but I don't feel any oomph from him about it. I agree that it's a bad look to set up a Pokechu lynch for the following Day considering he was a nominee for that Day, but it would be a fair play if he thought somehow that Ryker and Pokechu were both scummy and Ryker moreso.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Bolded is a concern of mine though, mostly due to the fact of all the players in the game they are the best to get away with it in a pool of 4 and now.
Is there anyone you solidly trust in this game? I think firm townreads are really valuable considering scum has no Night Kill to get rid of them.

I also still have issues with Z25, but the way he reassessed his scumread on me really gives me pause and I think I'd sooner lynch soup now. What is your opinion of soup?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Did u not read those three posts I quoted where I said I didn't want Pokechu anymore? That's one petty retort to all of this but I digress. I'm not whining, I'm telling you you're wrong about me, that's just facts given. I don't know to what extent am I supposed to give like I've been carefully and meticulously planning every subset of content I make and if I divert from this you all get nosy and tell me that I'm being secretive. I've tried my hardest to tell you what I'm thinking but unfortunately I don't work miracles and I can't reward you every time you ask me to, so if you want me to be an ******* about anything you don't feel you understand actually READ MY ****ING POSTS
#HBC | Ryker #HBC | Ryker What do you make of this explosion?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Is there anyone you solidly trust in this game? I think firm townreads are really valuable considering scum has no Night Kill to get rid of them.

I also still have issues with Z25, but the way he reassessed his scumread on me really gives me pause and I think I'd sooner lynch soup now. What is your opinion of soup?
No.

I don't have a solid 100% trust read. Big problem is the fact I am trying toi evaluate that pool of 4 and think if a bigger play was made and if I am overthinking this.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629

Definitely my play at the moment. Ryker vote was ****. Didn't give me any points of interest showing how he was half-assing things, actually tried to push him for being at a tournament while playing on smashboards, extra nitpicky in regards to "not even paying attention to when Pokechu gets on the wagon" when Pokechu confused 50% of the thread by jumping in and revoting after being afk for the whole day, and in general was just a very weak attempt at pushing one of the players that was an easy target (to anyone that doesn't know his rep). Lots of strong words with no power behind them what so ever.

Z's Pokechu vote doesn't sway my vote or read, but it doesn't enhance it either. I can see scum voting there with that logic, I can see town voting there with that logic. Pokechu was an easy lynch and AtE aside his return didn't help at all because he just didn't get into the game to develop decent reads. Easy lynch for scum, obvious lynch for town unless we dove into the mechanical bull****.

Soup, what are you expecting people to get out of Shishoe? He literally sat on Pokechu for ****posting until he got lynched and then he threw reads and dipped. Laundry was even one of the people actually asking for thoughts from people on that wagon even though it was partially meaningless due to the way people play this game at deadline. What did YOU get out of Shishoe that is enough to make this a point against anyone?

Confused about Ryu saying I don't have a sense of direction. Wanna clarify? I've been gone due to RL bs, but I've been pretty straight forward with my reads multiple times at this point.

If we can't get Z, I'm thinking Disfunk is a fine alternative. Disfunk had a good catch-up, but a good catch-up isn't the hardest thing to fabricate and 3K's play was pretty sketch. If Soup keeps on throwing out this weird BS like he's doing to Laundry right now, probably fine going there as well. Nabe is a null I'd be fine with voting if it came down to deadline, but would prefer to just get more from the slot before going down that route. Had weird reads with iirc little clarification.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay so if Ryu is scum I doubt Nabe, Ryker or disfunk are with him. D1's lynch was very close and they (thirdkoopa was still in but same difference) were the swing on Fire that made him the official opposition to Shish. Without mine and Pokechu's very last-minute Shish votes, Fire was looking like the more likely lynch. I'm still leaning more towards the stance that D1 was between 2 townies and scum is equally likely to have been sitting back or contributing to one of the wagons without any fear of what would actually get pushed through.

Joey also made his stance pretty firm that he didn't like a Fire lynch due to the lack of information and he refused to vote soup/myself as well. He was okay with a ThirdKoopa lynch and preferred a Z25 lynch but ultimately found himself on Shish. Dooms Dooms what do you think of soup now? And also same other question I asked Ryu: Anyone you're really comfortable with and would give a LyLo pass to?

#HBC | ѕoup

There's just an incessant need and this constant driving force of demands that are impossible to attain. I'm tired of writing walls, getting into petty arguments, the whole lot of it. This isn't even competitive at this rate, it's just a matter of who nags who the hardest. You can't possibly win however, because nobody is willing to admit they went too far.

Listen...3K/Disfunk is ****ing scummy. He made an awkward entrance, tried to take credit for doing nothing and then made a bunch of half-hearted posts that didn't tell us anything about how he felt about the state of the game. He then replaced out after trying to attribute townie behavior by giving a minor pep talk about getting back into the game and a bunch of false promises. This is not town behavior, this is not someone you keep around. Disfunk has only done the bare minimum, I don't understand why he is liked by some people such as Ryker because he can post a lot of words, but to what extent have those words had intent to be more than that? Like..to what extent are those things he's saying going to matter as finding scum. Can you answer that? If you can, by god tell me because I can't.

Laundry is scummy as well, he's just a pain to tell him he's scummy because he will always find an out, find a way to divert attention. He doesn't like being pressured as scum, Laundry is way more engaged when it comes to his reads and the lack thereof is telling. Look at how he tried to divert attention from his mistakes, pin the blame back on me and then @ Ryker to get on his side. Laundry is way more ****ing independent as town and frankly not even Laundry but usually town are less reliant on those fighting their own battles, but he's always got someone to side with him. I'm not trying to make this out like a Me vs Everyone scenario but for ****'s sake, what has Laundry done to show that he is engaged and interested in his mistakes and how they affect the gamestate? How the **** is that town?

Kantrip is just..I don't know man. There's so much inconsistency and I think the best thing I can describe Kantrip's play is that it's convenient. You can't force someone to admit this however especially as they're scum and I feel like the environment if Kantrip is town is making him way more egotistic or frankly too comfortable to listen to his peers. I know for a fact that Kantrip will say 'why is it convenient' or ask me what I meant and I just think it makes it worse. He's more focused on the appearance of telling it like it is instead of actually..doing something. You can't look at this game and tell me Kantrip has had a spine about anything, let alone been willing to take risks. He's been convieniently hiding behind Laundry and others and then sticking his head out to make some undermining comment about me or someone else. It's like when he misread how I felt about Laundry's interaction with me and goaded me by saying how I was shaking and angry, which is first completely condescending and second out of character from a Mafia standpoint where Kantrip wouldn't be so abrasive just to make a point, or at least I'd like to hope so.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Fam my shaking post was not a jab at you. I don't want anyone to be angry in this game and certainly am not trying to goad anyone into it. Sorry if you interpreted it that way.

I don't know what it is about me but I feel like you always have a scumread on me based on my tone. I take issue with your points on me though because I feel like I have been one of if not the most passionate players about vocalizing what I believe in. I wanted a Z25 lynch very badly Day 1, and I wanted a Ryker/Laundry lynch very badly Day 2. It's not my fault that I'm getting people telling me the things I'm pushing are "not options" or I'm being forced to default to compromises.

#HBC | ѕoup

Fam my shaking post was not a jab at you. I don't want anyone to be angry in this game and certainly am not trying to goad anyone into it. Sorry if you interpreted it that way.

I don't know what it is about me but I feel like you always have a scumread on me based on my tone. I take issue with your points on me though because I feel like I have been one of if not the most passionate players about vocalizing what I believe in. I wanted a Z25 lynch very badly Day 1, and I wanted a Ryker/Laundry lynch very badly Day 2. It's not my fault that I'm getting people telling me the things I'm pushing are "not options" or I'm being forced to default to compromises.
I remember a very different case, you backed down from Z25 at the end and I think if I were to dig for it I would be shown to be right, but I dunno if I wanna be right anymore if that means engaging in more walls

Kantrip

Kantplay
I remember a very different case, you backed down from Z25 at the end and I think if I were to dig for it I would be shown to be right, but I dunno if I wanna be right anymore if that means engaging in more walls
My vote stayed on Z25 up until about an hour left in the Day, when both Ryker and Laundry told me he wasn't happening and forced me to commit elsewhere. Even at that point I tried to inform them that we didn't need a majority for a lynch and I still preferred Z25. I also attempted a swing on you, a lynch I preferred over the two options being presented at the time. With two minutes to deadline I went back to Shish to hammer him over Fire because I didn't want a lynch that gave us no information.

I keep feeling misrepresented by you and I don't like it. I'm not trying to trade walls and honestly in general I think it's distracting to argue with people you scumread but I feel the need to correct your repeated false claims.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm OK with compromising on Z25, all I've done is run my mouth hoping to reason. I think you talk big about Laundry but won't do it, therefore I will take the 3rd best option because I'm pretty sure none of you will really attempt to understand what I am saying about 3K.

Either you guys have lynched me or Z25 is dead by the time I'm back, either outcome is fine with me

#HBC | ѕoup

My vote stayed on Z25 up until about an hour left in the Day, when both Ryker and Laundry told me he wasn't happening and forced me to commit elsewhere. Even at that point I tried to inform them that we didn't need a majority for a lynch and I still preferred Z25. I also attempted a swing on you, a lynch I preferred over the two options being presented at the time. With two minutes to deadline I went back to Shish to hammer him over Fire because I didn't want a lynch that gave us no information.

I keep feeling misrepresented by you and I don't like it. I'm not trying to trade walls and honestly in general I think it's distracting to argue with people you scumread but I feel the need to correct your repeated false claims.
Why does anything you say matter if you are scumreading Z25 now and not townreading him, which is a main criticism I gave you? It's this type of **** that bothers me, you have an explanation for things I wasn't even asking for.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm OK with compromising on Z25, all I've done is run my mouth hoping to reason. I think you talk big about Laundry but won't do it, therefore I will take the 3rd best option because I'm pretty sure none of you will really attempt to understand what I am saying about 3K.

Either you guys have lynched me or Z25 is dead by the time I'm back, either outcome is fine with me
Before you go can you tell me what you think of Ryker? I actually still trust him less than I trust Laundry, and don't like how he townread Z25 Day 1 and was the first to tell me to pick someone else and that he wouldn't cooperate on that wagon, and now he's suddenly in favour.

Top Bottom