• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Talked about this in #135, #171, and closing statements in #239. I honestly feel like I've talked a lot about where I've gotten with Z25 at this point, which is why I gave you the short of it.
I want the long of it in one place or I wouldn't have asked twice now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
God, Alex. Why is it that every single time we play this game, you have to make it so damn hard to just call you town.

In general, I agree with most of the conclusions you've made on scum. but neither Nabe nor Joey come across as town for me. Like, Nabe has done jack **** and his

"BuT tOmMoRoW iS tHe MeAt Of ThIs GaMe"

post looks disgusting because it's just excusing not acting. Joey, I've been talking about.
I'm not fool enough to think Nabe is town because he made a few agreeable posts, I just don't mind the stuff that he has posted. I do agree the "meat of the game" post is a little whack, I don't want to deal with that WIFOM pot at all.

:186:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not fool enough to think Nabe is town because he made a few agreeable posts, I just don't mind the stuff that he has posted. I do agree the "meat of the game" post is a little whack, I don't want to deal with that WIFOM pot at all.

"A little whack"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@Shishœ

Let's be real. You're the favorite to get lynched here. I'm probably gonna be the hammer. I don't want a defense, I want an alternative. Sell me on something that isn't Pokechu.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Talk me through your process on any of the slots that have been talked about recently (Z25, Joey, Kantrip, Nabe)

D

Deleted member

Also I think the shishoe lynch has some merit to it. I only have one real problem with him though. And that’s how he questioned pokechus lack of activity but he hadn’t been online till that point really. And while pokechu May have been ****posting it was still posting. So shish getting overly upset to it is interesting to me.

And I expect way more activity from him because he loves Etrian odyssey just as much as moy if not more. and he’s usually very active so this is odd
I'll admit I haven't been the most active here but that's due to me being very busy this weekend and now having to deal with college stuff. My problem with Pokechu was: if you've got time to post here, don't spam the thread with meaningless ****posts.
I could promise being more active starting from Thursday but I doubt people will allow that.

Flavor isn't really that important this game(though I'm more than happy with what I got) but the one question I made related to it was brushed aside and ignored so it just shows how much people care about it.

Regarding Kantrip:
Real talk, I'm pretty sure you're Town, and I did promise to listen to you more so I'll trust you with this one.

Vote: Kantrip

I'm still onto Chu. People may not see it but he's not his usual self.
I don't think Laundry is scum. Not impossible but unlikely.
Dunno about Ryker yet but I like his style regardless of his alignment.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Flavor isn't really that important this game(though I'm more than happy with what I got) but the one question I made related to it was brushed aside and ignored so it just shows how much people care about it.
It's an all-vanilla game why does flavor matter

D

Deleted member

Talk me through your process on any of the slots that have been talked about recently (Z25, Joey, Kantrip, Nabe)
I'm literally just gonna follow Z25 on this one.
Don't care if you don't like my reasoning but it is what it is.
I haven't actually had time to invest in this game yet so I gotta do with what I have.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I want the long of it in one place or I wouldn't have asked twice now.
..Alright fine yes ma'am

The long of Z25 is a bit complicated. I came into it reading Z25 as inherently scummy but finding myself realizing that despite his content being stretched out, I don't see the necessity of doing so as scum. You could chalk it up to inexperience, nervousness, but I personally gave him benefit of the doubt due to interests being elsewhere (Thirdkoopa). I think that everyone who has goaded Z25 is fairly reasonable, but at some point there's another realization is that if Z25 has mates they'd had to interacted somewhere, and I kept this to myself but I found early votes (Joey especially) not to be of bussing intent, so you'd have to wonder how his mates are gonna try to save him, and really I don't see that happening. Maybe they're leaving him dry due to the mistake, who knows. The brunt of my argument is that timing is important, and I actually agree with you not liking Kantrip and felt his dissection of Z25 to be understated and less about reading into his intent. I can't lie to you and say that Kantrip pushing him in this regard and me generally feeling like he's not being bussed is a greater factor in why I remain on 3K instead.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm literally just gonna follow Z25 on this one.
Don't care if you don't like my reasoning but it is what it is.
I haven't actually had time to invest in this game yet so I gotta do with what I have.
That's soooooooo bad.

Shishœ: 3 (Pokechu, Laundry, KY Joey)
Thirdkoopa: 2 (ѕoup, Fire Emblemier)
ѕoup: 1 (Nabe)
Z25: 1 (Kantrip)
Kantrip: 3 (Ryker, Z25, Shishoe)

#HBC | ѕoup

My gut is telling me Z25 is a ML waiting to happen and there are greater threats out there yet to be unveiled

My mind tells me that Z25 is scummy, and no matter how you slice it you lynch scum and worry about details later. I don't think Z25/Pokechu/3K are all scum and I think I'm wrong on one perhaps even two. Deadline is nearing and I will probably switch my vote on Z25, but I also really wanted to look into what Laundry said about Shish cause it interests me

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Shishoe, I don't particularly care that you're just following Z25 like a puppy for the moment.

Talk to me about other people. Comment on some more people. Particularly, I disagree vehemently with Laundry about Joey and less so about Nabe. There's you something you can comment on that could use more opinions. If that doesn't grab you, talk to me about your take on those pushing Z25.

#HBC | ѕoup

I like your vote on Nabe more then you realize and I'm tempted to sheep, he's someone I've refrained talking about because I didn't see him to be a lynch option, but what further confused me is Laundry(?) being OK with his content when I felt it was sparse.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Shishoe SCREAMS busted and doesn't care to continue to me, but I don't want the day phase to just end on him without getting a chance to talk to people.

I swear to God, if I just get a wagon and nothing about anything else, I'll end all of you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Is your point of contention on Joey the fact that he white-knighted you?

My point of contention is twofold. One, is he white knights harder than necessary. The second is that where he pushes is rather tame. He doesn't actually go anywhere that isn't likely to be trod without him and nowhere that's likely to come out to anything new or groundbreaking. I don't think he's really aiming to push to accomplish anything. He's mostly just aiming to be seen as being involved.

#HBC | ѕoup

Shish/Poke aren't aligned from where I'm sitting, least not in a partner fashion. Shish displayed the same type of fervor initially but has since died out, and Laundry might disagree but I'm not feeling he's the play and I think as time goes on he will become obvious and be dealt with accordingly. I'll look into Shish's posts more regardless

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm real skeptical of that outburst at the beginning. If Shish is scum, I could EASILY see that as a planned blow-up. It's just so hamfisted and unwarranted.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
My point of contention is twofold. One, is he white knights harder than necessary. The second is that where he pushes is rather tame. He doesn't actually go anywhere that isn't likely to be trod without him and nowhere that's likely to come out to anything new or groundbreaking. I don't think he's really aiming to push to accomplish anything. He's mostly just aiming to be seen as being involved.
I'll agree that he white-knighted you super hard, I just don't find it particularly scummy. I don't agree that his pushes were in places "like to be trod without him" or "nowhere groundbreaking" though. His vote on Z25 came when both Poke and Soup were hard-defending Z25 and before Kantrip had substantiated his vote. I feel weaker about his Shishoe suspicions since he hadn't done a lot with them but they had substantiated when most of the thread was agreeing (indirectly) that Poke was scummy.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I dunno, man. Z25 looked pretty dead-end right up to the point where he blew up at Kantrip. Maybe I'm misremembering the order in the thread.

#HBC | ѕoup

Z25 Z25

Post a reads list or something for me to follow your thoughts more clearly, it'd be good to know where your head is at if you're lynched. While you're at it, tell me how you feel about Shishoe and Laundry's case him on in particular

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
That's what I mean by dead-end. It was something I remember most people mentioning and no one caring about. There wasn't any actual bite behind what Joey was doing because there wasn't anywhere he actually had to go.

I think you were just content starved.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Ran out of things to do in thread, so now I'm getting sleepy.

Alex, let's do something more interesting. Pick town or scum, I'll get the other.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I was definitely content-starved but it feels like you have to jump through some hoops to be able to see him in that light. I'll watch him in the future but I'm far more convinced by your Kantrip push than I am of your Joey suspicions.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What's the town read that's farthest out on a limb for you. Like who is the one you're least confident in being town, but you'd still say is town, even if you wouldn't normally say so.

Replacing town with scum in that sentence. The most tenuous scumread I can give at the moment is probably......... TK or Fire? With scum, it's a littler harder for me to do because I have reasons to not like Shishoe, Kantrip, Nabe, and Joey. Beyond that, it's the ones I don't really have a reason to call town. Gun-to-the-head, I'd probably shoot Fire over TK?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Probably Poke. I don't see why he comes into a dead thread as mafia and starts ****posting in such a manner that he draws attention to himself but at the same time he has a stark lack of content so I struggle to justify the read beyond that point.

Top Bottom