• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Etrian Nomination Mafia - Endgame: Until the Day the Adventurers Rise Again

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Rather than give you the obvious answer of 3K, I'll take a step further and say Kantrip. I never liked his approach onto Z25 and I adamantly wanted to see what he had to say first before I gave anything concrete about Z25, but that's mostly a gutread and it never substantiated into something more direct later on. I'm very curious about your push onto him.

:186:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
If you are going to sub, I wonder if Vult Redux Vult Redux has interest and ability?

Pokechu Pokechu
Don't go into the woodwork, you're the scalpel.

Lynch priority: Shishoe > Z > 3K. Pick one, move your vote there. We have 4.5 hours remaining.

Z25 is playing his pretty standard solo townie. Koops isn't worth doing. Shish is an acceptable lynch, but what he's been doing in-thread seems more null and like his personal style.

I legit forgot Nabe was in this game.

#HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe Are you gonna be around before deadline so I can talk to you?
Sure.

God, Alex. Why is it that every single time we play this game, you have to make it so damn hard to just call you town.

In general, I agree with most of the conclusions you've made on scum. but neither Nabe nor Joey come across as town for me. Like, Nabe has done jack **** and his

"BuT tOmMoRoW iS tHe MeAt Of ThIs GaMe"

post looks disgusting because it's just excusing not acting. Joey, I've been talking about.
If you say so. By definition, Koops has done nothing wrong. It was weird of Fire to suggest that he had.

I'm not fool enough to think Nabe is town because he made a few agreeable posts, I just don't mind the stuff that he has posted. I do agree the "meat of the game" post is a little whack, I don't want to deal with that WIFOM pot at all.
You two have a secret language, I swear.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Town has to be either Pokechu or Soup by process of elimination, probably Soup. Pokechu I have no ammo to do much of anything with, but I'd keep over TK or Fire. More of a null read. Soup, unless I'm wrong about Z25 and he's just scum, is moving. I actually don't mind what he decides to withhold when because I normally do similar things. However, I'm somewhat terrified to give him that read because I could easily see myself flipping it in the future, given cause, and wouldn't want to fight my own read to get him later.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Nabe! And right before I went to play BBTAG.

I know you have a large brain. What all do you see as possible lynch choices given the state of the game at the moment and which one do you want most/least?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Town has to be either Pokechu or Soup by process of elimination, probably Soup. Pokechu I have no ammo to do much of anything with, but I'd keep over TK or Fire. More of a null read. Soup, unless I'm wrong about Z25 and he's just scum, is moving. I actually don't mind what he decides to withhold when because I normally do similar things. However, I'm somewhat terrified to give him that read because I could easily see myself flipping it in the future, given cause, and wouldn't want to fight my own read to get him later.
That is exactly where I'm at with Soup.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25

Post a reads list or something for me to follow your thoughts more clearly, it'd be good to know where your head is at if you're lynched. While you're at it, tell me how you feel about Shishoe and Laundry's case him on in particular
I’ve got to head out and fix some stuff in the garden for a bit but since the deadline is approaching I’ll post some quick thoughts in case I can’t later but the garden should helpful only take a few minutes.

Third: their behavior as I said is definitely worth watching but if they switch out it’s more likely that they were just busy then being scum imo. Still I don’t like how much time they took before responding to the thread after just voting. Their posts weren’t bad through when they did.

Kantrip: pretty scummy to me. They are acting completely differently and their approach to me made no sense and they just seem to want to lynch me to lynch me. Which is a horrible approach because lynches should be based more on facts rather then random statements. They literally said I was scum for having a life irl, at least that’s what their core basically came down too which is just stupid. Pretty anti town approach imo.

Shishoe: another inactive for the most part. I don’t like or agree with him and pokechus reactions because they were fighting over contributions when neither of them had really done anything at the point. Of course shish has a fair stance that pokechu should be contributing here if pokechu was just meming. But f you can say that I think the same could apply to you. Rather then waste a post on pokechus antics, shishoe could have at least offered some thoughts imo.

Laundry: seems pretty town to me. They are offering great points, especially on the shish and pokechu debate and their at looking at everything from different angles which is fine by me and he just seems pretty town.

Soup: your also looking at thing at different angles, something that not many seem to be doing. You take input and weigh the facts based on that.

Pokechu: like I said their **** posting and antics are weird. I could see them go either way but I’d definitely keep them on my watch list. Especially since they haven’t come back on to respond to anyone.

Ryker: now that he’s here, I like his approach to learn about everyone and catch up. Seems to have town intent and has helped us increase discussion this day which will be really good in the long run imo. So I think he’s probably town.

That my basic thoughts on everyone contributing. All the other inactive s haven’t posted really so I can’t form any solid conclusion on them.

#HBC | Nabe

Where would you prefer to go then yourself?

Nabe! And right before I went to play BBTAG.

I know you have a large brain. What all do you see as possible lynch choices given the state of the game at the moment and which one do you want most/least?
Shishœ: 3 (Pokechu, Laundry, KY Joey) Would at deadline
Thirdkoopa: 2 (ѕoup, Fire Emblemier) Not without context
ѕoup: 1 (Nabe) Yes
Z25: 1 (Kantrip) No
Kantrip: 3 (Ryker, Z25, Shishoe) Why?
Fire Yes
Chu No
Joey No
Laundry Pleasant to read
Ryker Hard to stomach

#HBC | Nabe

"He never was" was in reference to your use of the word 'still' when you asked me. "Is Soup still scummy?" No, because the post of mine you're referencing with that question was a joke post. I don't like him.

I've seen him lately as town and as scum, but in this game it feels like there's a nervous energy under the hood, and for a while it was coming out as streams of consciousness that were hard to parse. I'd hit it. There's no body for a case, though, unless I can interest you in whatever I even just said.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I've been running through that readlist for like 10 minutes now and I still don't know what I think. I don't like enigmatic types.

Soup and Fire are all you're willing to lynch and you'll compromise on Shishoe if forced? Am I reading that right?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The second is that where he pushes is rather tame. He doesn't actually go anywhere that isn't likely to be trod without him and nowhere that's likely to come out to anything new or groundbreaking. I don't think he's really aiming to push to accomplish anything. He's mostly just aiming to be seen as being involved.
FWIW I'm not hardcore pushing anything because I know both of my options are ass and they're both being defended by meta when I don't have any to fight with.

We've tried to get more out of Shishoe but they've made it pretty clear that they're coasting to day 2. That's scummy, but that's it. Very base level, very open for error, still want them gone.

Z is straight up scummy to me. All of his defense in regards to himself is "I just play weird" or "I think my logic is really sound, but other people view it as weird". His one push on Kantrip is comparing him to a completely different player based on how that different player voted him + attacking him for how he went about his RVS vote. It feels like he's focusing way more on himself and how people view him than actually playing the game and trying to get reads on people (and his read list imo further solidified this for me). I want him gone, but getting shut down with "he's fodder" makes pushing that a little unrealistic with the amount of active players when I was around.

One, is he white knights harder than necessary.
What part of my post is white knighting you?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Current vote count (as of post #375):
  • Shishœ: 3 (Pokechu, Laundry, KY Joey)
  • Thirdkoopa: 2 (ѕoup, Fire Emblemier)
  • ѕoup: 1 (Nabe)
  • Z25: 1 (Kantrip)
  • Kantrip: 2 (Z25, Shishœ)
  • Nabe: 1 (Ryker)

Not currently voting: Thirdkoopa

1 hour remains in this phase.
With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

D

Deleted member

Shishoe, I don't particularly care that you're just following Z25 like a puppy for the moment.

Talk to me about other people. Comment on some more people. Particularly, I disagree vehemently with Laundry about Joey and less so about Nabe. There's you something you can comment on that could use more opinions. If that doesn't grab you, talk to me about your take on those pushing Z25.
I haven't had time to actually give this game much of a read yet, I've mostly had to skim through the thread and I only mentioned Pokechu's behaviour because it easily caught my attention. The same goes to an extent towards Z25, a basic read of his posts tells me it's his usual self.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a project to write and I would have been able to give this game the proper attention at literally any other time but currently, I'm kind of in a situation. I won't replace out because I know I'll be able to properly contribute later but if you and the others wanna lynch me, then I hope you're ready to look like a bunch of fools when I flip Town and it turns out you read scum play where there was none.

#HBC | Nabe

I've been running through that readlist for like 10 minutes now and I still don't know what I think. I don't like enigmatic types.

Soup and Fire are all you're willing to lynch and you'll compromise on Shishoe if forced? Am I reading that right?
I'm fine with the Shish direction, and I'll vote for him over Kantrip to break a tie. Shish is coasting regardless of alignment, but it doesn't feel necessarily scum-driven, he's been quiet for a few games in a row. Kantrip is a confusing wagon to see, I've vibed with him. Seeing both of you shaking hands and looking towards Kantrip gives me the impression that I must be skimming pretty hard, but I don't think I am. I'm curious about the direction nonetheless, specifically because I don't get it. I'd definitely prefer to see Kantrip in toMorrow's list over Shish.

Fire and Soup are more likely to bear fruit than either, I think.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I haven't had time to actually give this game much of a read yet, I've mostly had to skim through the thread and I only mentioned Pokechu's behaviour because it easily caught my attention. The same goes to an extent towards Z25, a basic read of his posts tells me it's his usual self.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a project to write and I would have been able to give this game the proper attention at literally any other time but currently, I'm kind of in a situation. I won't replace out because I know I'll be able to properly contribute later but if you and the others wanna lynch me, then I hope you're ready to look like a bunch of fools when I flip Town and it turns out you read scum play where there was none.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm fine with the Shish direction, and I'll vote for him over Kantrip to break a tie. Shish is coasting regardless of alignment, but it doesn't feel necessarily scum-driven, he's been quiet for a few games in a row. Kantrip is a confusing wagon to see, I've vibed with him. Seeing both of you shaking hands and looking towards Kantrip gives me the impression that I must be skimming pretty hard, but I don't think I am. I'm curious about the direction nonetheless, specifically because I don't get it. I'd definitely prefer to see Kantrip in toMorrow's list over Shish.

Fire and Soup are more likely to bear fruit than either, I think.
Soup, sure, how is Fire likely to bear fruit? The guy has 4 posts iirc.

#HBC | Nabe

Soup, sure, how is Fire likely to bear fruit? The guy has 4 posts iirc.

Fire is a gut scumlean. Trump on Shish who is null and of course on Kantrip, so by definition he's more likely to bear fruit. I believe Shish when he says he'll contribute toMorrow, as well.

Why exactly should I listen to you again?
That's... more abrasive than expected. I want you to stick around, so you should vote somewhere cool.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The entirety of #112 and the relevant section in #197.
112 has nothing to do with you.

I don't expect to look at your wagon and say "Laundry/Soup are scummy because of this" nor will it contribute to any read on them because there is justified reason for them to do that as both alignments due to OoC connections. If Koopa is looked at due to RVS, it'll be due to his methodology, not voting you. Z is referred to in 112. Still failing to see how this is white knighting.

---

Not willing to vote Soup. ESPECIALLY over Shishoe.

To Z25: If I had made the exact same post and targeted someone different, would you have reacted the same?

The reason I don't like this reaction is because making a vote with no given reasoning like I did is commonplace during RVS and I'm not the only one who did it. I'm confused as to why Z25 would react so strongly claiming my post makes no sense when in actuality it makes perfect sense unless you take it at face value. I think scum is more likely to do this and have an adverse reaction because town is less concerned with one unfounded vote on them during RVS but scum needs to worry about the likelihood of it snowballing a wagon.
Do you still stand behind this Kantrip?

This is the only post I've seen by Kantrip that I dislike due to how forced this logic is. Mostly neutral with the other ones. The tone thought process was fine.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Wew lad. I don't like the way the end of this phase is shaping up.

What's shaking in Emblemier land? I see you over there.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
@ the thread
A quick question that I probably should have settled earlier:
Would people prefer to have a 24-hour break between day phases, or would you prefer to just go straight into the next day once the previous one ends?

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
@ the thread
A quick question thtat I probably should have settled earlier:
Would people prefer to have a 24-hour break between day phases, or would you prefer to just go straight into the next day once the previous one ends?
Don't care. Definitely taking a nap as soon as I see a flip regardless.

Top Bottom