• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
dude, we decided to ban wobbling something like 3 years and half ago, when it wasn't even named... we're not putting that in question in this topic or for this tournament. Make a thread if it bothers you that much that it's banned in some places, but I'm pretty sure there are more people against wobbling than people who want wobbling to be allowed. end.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
dude, we decided to ban wobbling something like 3 years and half ago, when it wasn't even named...
We used to play with items back then. Sometimes you have to change your ruleset.

I'm pretty sure there are more people against wobbling than people who want wobbling to be allowed
"There are more smashfans who like to play FFA hyrule temple than there are people who like to play falco ditto's on FD."

"95% of the world population is religious, the other 5% gotta be idiots"

^This are no arguments, it isn't about the amount of people but about there arguments. We're talking about a strategy.This isn't a discussion about liking or disliking wobbling, it's a discussion about banning wobbling.

I don't like wobbling neither but it shouldn't be banned.

Talking about being rude. At least I gave my apologies if i offended someone.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Ok.

Can we please do the the entire bracket best of 5? I hate best of 3 suck outs and there should be enough time to do that. IMO every big tournament should be best of 5 for the last 32 players.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
how about
1. you show up and have fun, because they´re not gonna change the ruleset
or
2. you dont show up, and leave this thread alone, so more ppl. will come, cause you dont scare them off with idiotic posts, and ppl who go there can have more fun?

thank you ;)

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
btw luma, I think a lot of people didn't show up at ESA1 because there was a change in the date something like 2 months before the tournament (or maybe less) and this is a terrible thing when it happens ! but this time the date won't change once we've announced it's for sure !
of you don't wanna get a chance to play some japanese smashers (not only CJ), then don't come and leave this thread alone :) please ?

Slhoka

Smash Lord
is that all u can say?
esa 1
esa 1
esa 1

just think about how money ppl first said they would come and how many u had in the end

and what about the 2k pricemoney?
As JD said, many people choose not to come at ESA1 because of the late change in the date of the tournament. But well, 90+ smashers attended it, which is a pretty great number. And the most important is that it was great, and that's why we mention it quite often.
Concerning the cash prize which was considerably reduced, the problem was that the costs of the tournament turned out to be bigger than our calculation. It would have been ok if more people showed up, but with 90 players attending it, it was harder to get a huge cash prize. But anyway, I've heard that those who won a prize wheren't that pissed of, since they really had fun there.
We couldn't save all the money we promised, but we could save the fun. And I think it's more important.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
@Luma

Enough complaining.
They've stated multiple times they are not going to change the rules, accept it already, if you can't accept it then atleast stop posting about it in this thread.

Thank you.

*On a side note*

Stop bad mouthing ESA.
ESA1 was by far the best european tournament I've ever attended.
The venue was good, there was food for everyone, matches were played on time, there were TOO MUCH TV's (if there is such a thing).
ESA1 was one of those things you can't explain to other people, its something you have to experience for yourself. Regardless of what rules they use, if ESA2 is going to be anything like ESA1 I'm not missing this for the world.

*On a side-side note*
The only people that have the nerve to claim ESA1 sucked are the ones that didn't show up.

Luma

Smash Lord
@ amsah

1. i never said esa1 sucked, i am just tired of ppl trying to argue: esa2 is good because esa1 was good
2. i dont even care about the rules itself, just about stupid hosts why are not smart enough to explain their rules

just my 2 cents

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
btw luma, poilon's english is not advanced enough for him to be able to argue about anything properly... and I'm not the host so I won't bother too much explaining anything, although I tried to explain some stuffs.
stop complaining now, you have no reason to !

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Well sorry but that sounds like the lamest excuse ever. The host won't explain everything because his English is too poor and you won't because it's not your tournament?
And I agree (partly) with Luma. The fact that ESA1 was good, doesn't guarantee the same for ESA2. And the only ones saying that a lot of people still showed up, are Frenchies, cause as far as I know, there weren't a lot of foreigners. In fact, the only foreigners I know from attended ESA1, were the Dutchies. Even though Japanese players were promised to come, everyone was expecting Masashi, they didn't show up. How can you be sure they will come this time? More sure than with ESA1?

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
actually I think ESA2 will be better than ESA1 in every aspect !
about the Japanese, they weren't confirmed for ESA1 and CJ announced 2 weeks before the tourney that they couldn't come... But this time is different, because CJ says so... ask him ;)
I also expect more Europeans to come, from south and north Europe !
and once we announce the final date, it will NOT change, I can assure you that.

btw, we already partly explained why we chose these rules and it's enough, because we won't change them whatever you say/whine/cry about it. so stop complaining -_- (how many times do I have to write that? can't you READ ppl???).
now, if you wanna miss a great tournament, great players and great fun just because the rules don't suit you, fine... stop posting then please.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
tell me where i said ESA1 sucks plz
Read and understand my previous post -_-'
I had the impression you thought it sucked as well.

And I agree (partly) with Luma. The fact that ESA1 was good, doesn't guarantee the same for ESA2. And the only ones saying that a lot of people still showed up, are Frenchies, cause as far as I know, there weren't a lot of foreigners. In fact, the only foreigners I know from attended ESA1, were the Dutchies. Even though Japanese players were promised to come, everyone was expecting Masashi, they didn't show up. How can you be sure they will come this time? More sure than with ESA1?
You're right, it doesn't guarantee anything. But did show they're well capable of smoothly running a huge tournament. Wich leads me to believe ESA2 will be an even bigger succes because they have more experience now.

At ESA1 alot of people flaked because of the change in date and because they were sceptical about a french tournament. Even with all those drawbacks 90+ people showed up.
If I recall correctly thats about equal (if not more) than JST5, correct?

Luma

Smash Lord
well ok some ppl are flameing because they dont like the rules

i am "flameing" because all i get as a answer is:
it has to be like this

i mean wtf? cant poilon is running a big european tournament without beeing able to speak english? why doenst he tells u in french and u could tell him how to say that in english (dictionary, anyone?)

ok last post, seems like u are just way to stupid, sry guys -.-

Doraki

Smash Lord
It's Poilon's tournament, ultimately, he's the one to decide his own ruleset.

What if he doesn't have "valid" reasons to explain his choices ?
You expect him to try to make up reasons for banning stages that are better than "I don't like mute city" and then go into a lot of (useless) debates in order to convince you that it's ok to ban each of them ? He's actually being nice by not endlessly trying to convince you that those stages need to be banned.

What if wobbling isn't allowed ? There have been lots of tourneys with wobbling banned ; do you need someone to explain to you how bad he thinks wobbling is ?

At every tournament you go to, you ask the host to explain every one of his choices ? We know there's no perfect ruleset, thus we know that sometimes it's not worth debating over rules. We can't please everyone.

Are you also going to ask him why he put in the DSR and why team attack should be on ?
Maybe there's someone who likes 5 stock matches, are you going to ask why can't the matches be with 5 stocks instead of 4 ?

Even if a french player asked him about all this poilon wouldn't go any deeper that "because I think my ruleset is fine this way, thank you."

If you don't want to come just because you don't like the rules, don't come.
If you don't want to come just because poilon isn't very good at english, don't come.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
You're right, it doesn't guarantee anything. But did show they're well capable of smoothly running a huge tournament. Wich leads me to believe ESA2 will be an even bigger succes because they have more experience now.

At ESA1 alot of people flaked because of the change in date and because they were sceptical about a french tournament. Even with all those drawbacks 90+ people showed up.
If I recall correctly thats about equal (if not more) than JST5, correct?
Yes it was bigger. JST5 was the biggest Dutch one, with 83 participants and afaik there were 3 other european tourneys bigger. RoS3, ESA1 and RoX4.
I'll see if I can come to this, I wanted to come to ESA1, but really couldn't. Now I had my doubts about ESA2, but if it'll be as great as everyone who's been to ESA1 expects, then I guess I can't miss this :p

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Wow, a reason to log on smash boards once more! Yep, I might come and support the Swiss (I want to come, and plan to...). I just need to get rid of that nagging voice telling me to use low tiers... (but Pika, Link and DK are so awesome... Mewtwo is cool (though he reeks quite bad...)). (It's just sad if my shiek, fox and samus get pummeled more than my low tiers...(and I forgot the others)

But most fun will be to see some old faces again! :)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Dudes, I really need a team mate for this. My team partner won't be going, so I could need someone to team with...

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Dudes, I really need a team mate for this. My team partner won't be going, so I could need someone to team with...
You've got time to find, there's still 4 monthes before the tournament :)

BTW, I'm pretty impressed by the spanish invasion in the pre registration list. I don't understand how come there are so much spanish smashers who wanna travel abroad and how come we (at least I) have never heard of them before this thread was created. Anyway, it's a really cool thing :D

jOs'z

Smash Cadet
And Spanish smashers will have to make their way to Toulouse before going to Paris ;) I'll make a big spanish SmashFest, haha.

I'm kidding guys I can't host a lot of people in my house and you surely won't stop to Toulouse, lolz.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
You've got time to find, there's still 4 monthes before the tournament :)

BTW, I'm pretty impressed by the spanish invasion in the pre registration list. I don't understand how come there are so much spanish smashers who wanna travel abroad and how come we (at least I) have never heard of them before this thread was created. Anyway, it's a really cool thing :D
Yeah, I know. But I got none from my country. Therefore I ask people on the topic if someones interested :)

Vegard

Smash Lord
Shin is registered =) And what do you mean by none from your country? We don't know yet, since the date is not confirmed.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
hmmm...
flight is getting more and more expensive...

and there is only one option left open...

and octobre is almost over?

you seeing a date on the horizon somewhere?
pleaaase ^^

Top Bottom