• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
And egruntz, though it is possible that he has lied since he conveniently forgot some info about his role, isn't a good Day 1 lynch, because if he is telling the truth then we will lose someone, most likely a townie. It would also be a bigger sacrifice, because he would be unnightkillable if he is who he says he is.
If he is lying, that would be exactly what he wants you to think. We can't have this division for a lynch.

We should pester egruntz on day 2, for now, let's just be safe. I hold my vote. We can choke egruntz to death when we have time on day 2.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Alright I'll back of <3 for the rest opf the day but know that he is still my number one suspect, and any other person i vote for is my number 2 or 3 choice.

Right now I wanna see how egruntz nameclaims, but even without it I'm leaning more towards him when it comes to providing us with information, but i think it's even more important to actually get a lynch so if the town all says smashbot I guess I can settle for #3.

I 've got my eye on you <3.

smashbot226

Smash Master
WHAAAAAAAT?!?

Oh that's rich. I'm looking chin deep in sh*t right now.

Look, WHY could I be Mafia?

Oh, I see, you'll get that one ****ed post off my sugar high glory.

THAT IS NOT PROOF.

It's senseless.

If I told you there was candy behind a door, but accidently muttered something unrelated and about a lion, would you go through the door?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, it doesn't.
Asking us "Why" you're mafia is avoiding the question of "Are you mafia?"
Why would you be? Because roles are random?
As for 'proof' we can't find any for anyone at this point.
You on the other hand haven't done anything even when you're posting.

'If I told you there was candy behind a door, but accidently muttered something unrelated and about a lion, would you go through the door?'

WTF?
&
Q.E.D.
You want to be respected or acknowledged, then read, stop trying to be cute or funny and give us something of substance. Because every time I think you've hit bottom, someone throws you a shovel.
I don't want to hear about your stupid sugar high, because frankly, your posts between now and then are indistinguishable as to the sugar content of your blood.
Christmas break has been longer than three days as well. I don't like that excuse either.

smashman90

Smash Lord
LOL to the above.

Also, do you have any possible evidence to my non existant mafia alignment?
There is the obvious post that you made where you went "YAY! BANDWAGON! VOTE: (Don't remember the guys name)!"

You hardly helped us at all, and you have been inactive for alot more than 3 days. And I feel like I am forgetting something else but I'll post it if I can remember it. But maybe somebody else will know it and post it.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
LOL to the above.

Also, do you have any possible evidence to my non existant mafia alignment?
Smashbot it is hardly worth it. They are not trying to lynch you because they actually think you are mafia; they are trying to lynch you because you are the 'least useful player' and people don't want to give up on their pride and will do anything to get a lynch. Even if it means a bandwagon lynch like what is happening now against smashbot.

Seems kind of contradictory to me. You guys claim we need a lynch for information purposes yet half of you are half heartedly voting for smashbot and throwing in some overused and insubstantial reason. What information will we get from that?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That's ridiculous, every person that votes for someone holds the responsibility equally. If you are analyzing past lynches only on the last voter than you are not playing this game correctly.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Besides, we won't get much info from lynching smashbot anyways. He practically has no alliances and with nobody on his side then we really won't get much information from lynching him nor will he get much ideas on who could be mafia.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Get off of your pedestal wiki.
Who is it that you want to vote for? I'm sure other people could just as easily claim that whoever it is ain't mafia. We have close to nothing to go on.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Besides, we won't get much info from lynching smashbot anyways. He practically has no alliances and with nobody on his side then we really won't get much information from lynching him nor will he get much ideas on who could be mafia.
That's part of why egruntz would be a better lynch, not to mention that he's much more scummy than smashbot ever was.

smashbot plays badly. egruntz plays scummy. For me, it's a clear choice, even if egruntz carries more risk.

The way egruntz has played thus far has established a clear pattern, and it's a pattern that is indicative of dishonesty. The people who are most likely to have something to hide are the people who are mafia.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
the only problem I have with that mediocre is that he has claimed that he's gonna take someone down with him. Do you see this as an empty threat just to get us off of his back?

smashman90

Smash Lord
the only problem I have with that mediocre is that he has claimed that he's gonna take someone down with him. Do you see this as an empty threat just to get us off of his back?
Well, we still don't know if he is telling the truth so he could be lying about his role. It's really a matter of whether or not we believe him. We won't find out the truth until he is lynched or nightkilled.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Quite simply, I don't believe egruntz roleclaim, at all.

In the beginning, I thought it was quite plausible. As the details trickled out, however, I couldn't help but notice his role always seemed to perfectly evolve so that it was impossible for anyone to lynch him without the town taking a hit too. He actions show that he has been planning from the beginning to scare off anyone who votes for him. I'm willing to bet that his "THIS IS SPARTA" bit was probably designed to attract our attention to him, so he had an excuse to roleclaim. Everything after that came in dribs and drabs, and you'll notice that there's always some new reason we can't lynch him when we come up with a way to corner him. I feel that it's just too perfectly orchestrated to be by chance.

That's why I disbelieve his roleclaim. Not because of the role itself, but because it seems to change in response to any threats that are made against him. And that's why egruntz is the best lynch we can make right now.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I know that double posting is bad, and I can't edit, but FYI fellows, I couldn't be posting because I was on Christmas Vacation.

Without internet. For three days.
You didn't think to tell us this before you left? Did you even PM Eor?

Double and triple posting in these games are OK due to the editing restriction. This is assuming it was worth posting, as your post was.

We should pester egruntz on day 2, for now, let's just be safe. I hold my vote. We can choke egruntz to death when we have time on day 2.
Haha, as close as I have been to falling prey, I'm not about to let smashbot's unfocused posts cloud my judgment. As others before me have pointed out, there is little to gain by getting rid of him on day 1, the fact that lynching him has even been taken seriously when there are far more suspicious players out there is troubling. That's weak, really.

Eor, can we get an official vote count up in this mother?
Seconded.

If the believers in always lynching don't pull off a lynch before the deadline, I won't be very happy about the hypocrisy.
While I agree with you that smashbot should not be lynched, I'm guessing you're leaning towards a no lynch?

Let's look at the reasoning behind lynching smashbot.

Smashbot
worthless-Only in discussion, he may have a decent night ability.
inactive-You know who else has been inactive? Amongst others, Frozenflame, and most would consider him far more dangerous than smashbot(though I don't agree, look below).
stupid-This may very well be on purpose. I remember posting stupidly in both Fire Emblem and Food Court mafia just so no one would take me seriously and overlook me. This, along with those games being my first on SWF assured that the "big-name" players would be more scrutinized than I was. *****y, I know, but there are few other workable options for a new player. I used it to my advantage and I survived through both.
no time- There are already plenty of votes on egruntz, and I'm about to add to that.

Too many people are voting on Smashbot out of anger and panic, and the hurrying to rid us of someone simply because of their posting style without digging deep is a surefire way for failure.

Unvote, Vote: <3
tmw redcell said it perfectly, I'm tired of your
"hey guys maybe I'm Leonidas and if I die I take down mafias with me what's that you're voting for me oh I kill townies too if I get lynched yeah forgot about that haha looks like I'm SECURE FOR THE REST OF THE GAME."
bull**** attitude. What's worse, is that you seem to think you can just vote anybody and go unchallenged, as you've voted for someone without reasoning at least twice now.

Even if it is true(chances are slim to none), I'd much rather go about this game without having you constantly remind me of how "powerful" you are and that your protection should be our number one priority, which would be the case if you lived, as I'm sure the mafia members would be fed up with this too.

Seriously, I was really patient with you, I didn't even vote for you when the discussions about you were at the highest, but that post just really pushed me over the edge.

Vote:Egruntz

It's been a tough, frustrating day one for many, and I had not voted because I wasn't convinced by most arguments, but this vote is satisfying.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Okay-- that's nice.
No, it's not.

Nameclaim, please. Or tell us you're not actually Leonidas, and why you acted like you were.

There are no negatives for the town if you nameclaim, only positives. There's no reason for you to avoid a nameclaim.

Florida

イーグランツ
Of course it's not nice-- it's annoying. I've already explained why I did what I did, but in the end you all concluded that I was lying, and you want more explanation. There is nothing more, as I have said.

King Leonidas.

smashman90

Smash Lord
It's called reading.

I have.
Actually, I have read your role. I am just trying to stop you from doing anymore of that "I just reread my post and I found out something new blah blah blah."

I know that if you are lynched, then you can choose either the first or the last person and have them dead. But I do have one question though about your role. You said that if the mafia targets you for a nightkill, then you can kill one of them. How do you choose which one to kill? You don't know who they are unlike the townies in the situation that you are lynched. So I repeat my question, how do you decide which mafia member to kill?

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Yes, egruntz, at this point it will only help you to reveal everything about your role in an overall summarizing, complete sentenced bulleted post including a grammatically correct role claim in the form of a complete sentence.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Wow, both of you guys beat me to it, I was thinking of these things, came to the thread to post them, and...

And what about King Leonidas?
I was gonna say that so Egruntz couldn't worm his way out of things on day 2 and say something along the lines of, "What? I never said, 'I am Leonidas', what are you guys rambling on about?"
And while I still got this in my head.

Eor, could you please prod(doesn't matter what kind of prod, even a cattle prod will do) some of the inactives to get them active or something?
Yes, a PM to everybody concerning the deadline would be really appreciated.

Florida

イーグランツ
My name is Leonidas, King of Sparta. I am pro-town, and I am trying everything I can to help the town. I am a tough, and rather powerful character. If I am lynched, I have a brief time period to send in the names of two people who voted for me to Eor, so they may be killed. If I do not send the names in time, the first and last people who voted for me will automatically be killed instead. If I am killed by mafia, I act as a bomb, and kill the scum who killed me. That being said, I am a hard townie to kill.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Waiting for something, what I said earlier was meaningless though, I'll tell you that now so I can quote myself later as I go more into detail.

Yes, this is one of the few times of the year that I'm willing to spend so much on champagne, yet my friends and I do such a fine job of getting rid of it all so fast.

Top Bottom