• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ENTER THE HARDBODY

how swagged up is this game right now?

• swag a thousand trillion!!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • swag on a zillion!!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • incalculable amounts of swag

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • enter the hardbody more like enter the swag

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • SWAG OUT!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • wow! strapped with the swag!

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
i just wanna thank the hardbody crew for their contributions to the world and for having a positive impact on my life

votecount 2.07
nabe (2) - pjb kary
pjb (3) - ran soup nabe
soup (1) - kataefi
not voting (3) - rockin circus death bear

voting log
soup -> pjb
pjb -> nabe
rockin ->
death bear -> nabe -> none
ranmaru -> nabe -> none -> pjb
circus ->
nabe -> pjb
kataefi -> nabe -> soup
kary -> nabe

with 9 ballin it takes 5 to hardbody. deadline is 3/29 11:59:59 pm est

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
sure i'll share a thought with you

The Rockin read is assumptious and strictly comes from here.
cool thank you
Kary those 3 names you mentioned... How did you reach your conclusions?
which three names?
lights another cigarette

I swear I have never seen so few waggons in a town.

I like Swords, Hilt and Ranmaru. I will lynch literally anyone outside of those three and myself. Right now I'm happy voting Rockin, and you should be too; but it's time to get pushing or go home. Move, people.
These ones?

[[EBWOP]]

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yo kat.

How has your opinion of PJB and the current events revolving around him progressed?
Thoughts on Death Bear?
I think there's scum in the 3 names above... exactly as Kary mentioned earlier. I'm still very much the same as I am on PJB but I want to consider a few things first in greater detail, mainly the double push against me between himself/bard and the fact he is not doing himself any favours consistently placing himself in tricky positions. Bear with me on this ranny scotts

Death Bear needs to get more elaborative in his reads imo, especially as he's representing someone who vanished into dust.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, I gotchu. I have some ideas to bounce off you after you spar with Soup.

I was doing homework and I got tired... and then the thread becomes alive and I'm not tired anymore. xDDD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Right now Ran is the only person I'm happy being on this waggon, because i'm pretty sure he's being genuine- and i'm not even sure he's right. That leaves me looking at Soup/Death Bear/Nabe and asking 'Is one of them scum, or are they just doing all the legwork for scum'.
^this! except i got PJB mixed up with Nabe. Can you comment on how you've reached your conclusions here?

what are you doing up so late?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
it wears you down, this town

before I go I wanna say that I hate Rockin's reads. 'ehh he's probably town but i'll lynch him'. 'well he seems scummy at the moment' and my personal favourite 'i still haven't a read on Kary's slot but this time i have a different excuse'

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
...odd you would throw my name here considering the wagons were dispersed (I wasn't close to being lynched) and I was also one of your few Town reads (others being deadSwords and PJB, whom you're pushing massively now).
I threw it in because you were a common interest at the time If I recall. I wanted general input instead of just scrambling. The question is meant to be direct and get people to commit to something. There was a lot of tossups at the time and it wasn't really clear what direction was being taken. I don't understand how this means anything at all. Enlighten me.

Additionally, some players rejected to lynch me (namely Ran/Hilt). Seems odd for you to have coupled my name with Circus as if to add momentum here. Can you understand why I'm interested in your direction in this game so far? Something like this stands out to me.
Momentum? I don't understand how you suddenly thought that post was about people I wanted lynched. You mention Circus and it's funny. Why would I go against my own read like that? I wanted clear stances about things, instead of people just hiding and letting people do their work for them. This exact thing is what tips me off about PJB and what pisses me off as of late. People just expect that they don't have to do anything or put work into things. This is a mindset I'm tired of dealing with and I find myself between the border of 'trying to approach the situation calmly' and 'getting into a fit of rage.' I'm mediating myself a bit for that reason but I am not a saint nor will I ever imply to be. You're probably wondering what this all means to me, or why you should care. It's just a warning for you.

Also curiously, why was Bardull's name missed? There are multiple instances of your concern over him - this post for example. He was a lynch choice from 2/3 of your towniest reads (Swords/Myself)... You recognised that Bardull could be swung to here:
I think you should drop this considering you misread the intention and I just told you what happened. I don't have an explanation. Does that surprise you? I'm not sure what you're implying about me thinking Bardull as one of my towniest reads. Where did you get this assumption? Based on one interaction made after I called him out? I was leaning on liking his post and being impressed, not 'town of the century.' Where are you getting all this?

He was "talked about", which as far as I understand makes this a meaningful lynch:
You pulled up an interesting quote. That same exact quote is from one of my posts where I go into my reads. Now, tell me, where does it in that post ever imply that I town-read Bardull? Or where did it imply that I left him out? Or perhaps, where did it imply that I had some ulterior motive behind this all? I recall something you tried pinning me as. Cautious. Okay. This means what in Mafia again? My scum intention? I don't like how you're cookie-cuttering all this. I don't like how you come in here, ignore everything going in and suddenly god himself gave you a signal that I was scum. The last time I saw you was a vote on Nabe. What's happened then?

And from your POV he brought scumminess on himself:
Context. #564. #565. #566. That's all I need to say. Bring up whatever you happen to disagree on.

You even considered it here!
Wow!!! That I did. I think I would considering what I said about him.

All the signs were there for you join a healthy lynch but you were reserved here...

Regarding the first quote, it looked as though you presented an opportunity to get rid of a townie over someone who was equally as (if not more) likely to get lynched and of greater concern to you... This has me asking why? You didn't even join the wagon to build up pressure. To go all dramatic, perhaps you attempted to influence Town down the wrong route, adding time-based pressure here for the Town to make a flop decision... I guess this could explain why you were so safe in your vote placements throughout the entirety of D1 as if to eye up the best opportunities. Look at your vote record throughout a majority of it:
You're not offbase. This is why It's funny. You're right Kat. I'm looking for something. I'm looking for something and I'm eyeing for the best opportunity. I'm eyeing for the opportunity when I want to push something or I have reason to push it. I'm eyeing for the the opportunity to get down to business. I'm eyeing for the opportunity for town to get their **** together. Influence town down the wrong route? I'm not sure what you mean here. From your point of view, you're talking about Rockin yes? How is this more than an disagreement from you? This doesn't seem clarified at all and it's surprising for me. You're not someone to slack on your mafia homework. You're making this case based on something that isn't true in the first place and the second you're bundling all these things together as if they're somehow relevant. I'm not going to be like PJB and say "What do you expect me to do." I'm instead going to ask you What don't you expect me to do. How are all these telling in your eyes?

^So lukewarm (!) considering you came into this game all #hbc and had a variety of players to grill. Your direction on D1 simply looked too safe/cautious/whatever you want to call it :woman:
This is sloppy. This is really bad and sloppy. If you're going to call me out on something, provide something more than just 'well you were #hbc now you're quiet SCUM FOUND' because I already said what was going on. I dropped the #hbc because it wasn't comfortable and It was messing me up. I didn't feel satisfied on how I was handling sword so I took a different approach after realizing that my #hbc caused me to overlook something. Context. Safe/Cautious? If you want to call it that. What you call Safe/Cautious could be Courteous and Patient to another. I have something else to say about what you posted afterwards. I'm not done.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
it wears you down, this town

before I go I wanna say that I hate Rockin's reads. 'ehh he's probably town but i'll lynch him'. 'well he seems scummy at the moment' and my personal favourite 'i still haven't a read on Kary's slot but this time i have a different excuse'

PJB: It's not something I'm really confident in. Like...I see it, but I'm not in agreement with him being scummy because of this.

Soup I never had much of a read on. He was pretty null to me, as I question how he got his reads. Now moving to D2, I'm getting a slight scumminess from him, but I'm not really holding this against him as I currently feel it's mainly cause of our playstyles.

Kat: I like the little points you pointed out, as he does seem to be playing it a bit too safe. I still want to do a re-read of him though to give my own opinion about it.

What are your thoughts about Kary thus far?

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup / PJB / Death Bear :chuckle:
I'm..bussing PJB? I planned this all somehow? What does this even mean? It's really vague and I want you to tell me what you're thinking.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree that Soup is scum, this roots back to the point I voted Nabe and gave my thoughts on Soup. I'll tell you which points stood out to me:

Bardull I'm thinking about joining this wagon on you because it seems realistic and I think even if you're town, the scramble will prove to have some sort of scum on it.

Actually, while we're on that topic, opinion on everyone pushing you right now? Who should we be lynching instead of you?
You talk about him showing signs of being able to join Bardull's wagon, yet he stayed reserved. I agree to him being really reserved, and waiting on others before pouncing on the attack. His "Kat or Circus?" question seemed a bit leading. I mean sure, it was 24 hours till Deadline, but this would be an easy question to ask as scum, especially since he could mask the responsibility because it was so close to deadline. Now in that quote, it seems like Soup is prepping Bardull before joining his wagon, and giving him an opportunity to spread mis-information before possibly going down. I also felt it was odd that he was putting his analysis of MexBardull on hold for PJB. (Which is why I asked his read on me)

Unvote Vote: Soup

#HBC | ѕoup

I agree that Soup is scum, this roots back to the point I voted Nabe and gave my thoughts on Soup. I'll tell you which points stood out to me:

You talk about him showing signs of being able to join Bardull's wagon, yet he stayed reserved. I agree to him being really reserved, and waiting on others before pouncing on the attack. His "Kat or Circus?" question seemed a bit leading. I mean sure, it was 24 hours till Deadline, but this would be an easy question to ask as scum, especially since he could mask the responsibility because it was so close to deadline. Now in that quote, it seems like Soup is prepping Bardull before joining his wagon, and giving him an opportunity to spread mis-information before possibly going down. I also felt it was odd that he was putting his analysis of MexBardull on hold for PJB. (Which is why I asked his read on me)

Unvote Vote: Soup
Jesus christ, I just had this talk with Kat. Don't say **** like this without checking again.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, why did you say this? I'm curious. I'll tell you why I asked this after you respond. (I just want to know what your exact reaction was)
Because you're all acting like ****ing idiots. First you guys think lynching Nabe is a good idea, now you think it's a good idea to lynch me based on one question I posed to Bardull which was meant to gauge a read on him. Need I mention how I was waiting on his response? I talked about this before.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, why did you say this? I'm curious. I'll tell you why I asked this after you respond. (I just want to know what your exact reaction was)
Laughter. I've been pushed on worse before and been town.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
^Bearface can you plz elaborate on all these reads? Go into as much detail as possible :grin:
mhm.

Nabe is on my to lynch list because of a lot of stuff that has already been said; Lynch all liars and so forth.

PJb for all the things I've already spelled out throughout till the start of the day. Secondarily is the fact i feel like he hasn't until recently fit into the same town meta i've been able to so easily read him with before. I still don't feel like i should let go of this however, i'm not sure if it's me being blind or what;

For you, I feel like Bardull tossed you around like the lynch he wanted to get without actually committing to you; i know there is a word for it , but I feel like he sat on you knowing he could pander his scum read of you onto PJB and possibly others. Not sure if it was for thread distraction or just like a hook he hoped people would bite on to distract them from the right stuff.

Soupa i can't make the connection to Bardull with. I'm still working on ISO'ing soup in the context of working with Bardull but it's going slow to be honest.

I've talked about Ran with Soup today already, and it covers my reasoning on him nicely enough until i can justify giving Ran more than a lean. At this point I'm not comfortable doing that though.

Rockin i've more or less had to ignore and of what i've read i can't put him together with Bardull. Call it laziness or rockin just remaining too null for me to pay attention to at this point. If you care to to show me i'm wrong on this; Feel free to lay out what you feel about him.

Same goes for any of my other explanations. They may not be great; But they are what i'm working with now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
DeathBear, I want you to summarize your reasoning on your read on me instead of just relaying to the conversation you had with Soup. Shouldn't be hard if you really believe it.

Also, what is your opinion of Soup seperate from the Bardull connection?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
lay low

Right now Ran is the only person I'm happy being on this waggon, because i'm pretty sure he's being genuine- and i'm not even sure he's right. That leaves me looking at Soup/Death Bear/Nabe and asking 'Is one of them scum, or are they just doing all the legwork for scum'.
^this! except i got PJB mixed up with Nabe. Can you comment on how you've reached your conclusions here?

what are you doing up so late?
I dislike the PJB waggon. I don't know how you look at what went down yesterDay and somehow pick PJB as the one person who's got to be scum off the back of it. I don't like the enthusiasm with which stuff is being thrown against PJB, not least because it smacks of tunnel and ignoring the rest of the playerlist. Maybe he is scum but I've yet to see anything that really persuades me of that, and all of a sudden I have these walls to contend with.

So my comments are directed at that waggon. And my point is less that I think there's scum on the waggon, and more that I don't want to hear anything else about the waggon. I've seen endless needless questions from Rake/Soup/Ran before, and I don't want to give Nabe an excuse to sit on his vote. Hell, let's talk about who might be scum on the waggon. Let's do anything that isn't repeating dislike of PJB.

and god only knows what i'm doing up now

#HBC | ѕoup

I really don't want to deal with another ****ing wall. Please be brief about whatever you're typing.​
Much Love,​

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jesus christ, I just had this talk with Kat. Don't say **** like this without checking again.

The Bardull thing? That's what it looks like to me. You say you said that to get a read on him? Where was the post where you gave your conclusion?

The rest of it is me just agreeing by my own reasons. I have already given the reason that it seems you have been holding on a bit longer than usual. I thought waiting for Kuz was legit for a while, until you also stated you were waiting for others that were not Kuz. I also felt it was opportunistic of you to focus on PJB and put me on hold. You only gave a town lean of me because I asked. (Which means you get no town points)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Kary, Death Bear: you gonna join this wagon or what?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Sometimes you say what you think

Your whole 1014 reads like you're digging your heels in for no good reason, like you're readying for a fight. Except if you've got a reasonable town explanation for whatever Kata's asking you about you shouldn't be sweating getting a few questions come your way.

Death Bear

Smash Apprentice
I feel like bardull took entirely too long finding his way to a vote on you in response to your pressure on him; I feel like if you were scum with he would have had a much easier time voting you; In addition his read felt like he was pandering it not only to himself , but to people who rely on soley your meta to actually read you. Plus he couldn't even commit fully to that read itself. Reading his long post on you made me feel like he was forcing himself to respond to your pressure with a vote on you.

I feel like this is good enough for the moment to put you as a townier lean; Because Bardull's interactions with you don't read to me like your his scum mate.

#HBC | ѕoup

Alright, I'm gonna be honest here. I don't have motivation for this game. I have **** to deal with and I'm mafia'd out. I'm going to let a fresher slot take the helm or I'm going to end up like Gheb. I don't know if it was noticable or not, and I don't care how you take this. That case on PJB has got to be one of the biggest pieces of **** I've ever made in a long time. I didn't even feel like it meant anything and I was just struggling to solidfy a stance that I can't particularily put effort into. This isn't about ducking out because I'm caught or you all got me. It's just that I find myself between 'don't care' and 'care because I don't want to slow down the game.'

I think Nabe is town. I think Ranmaru is off and I don't like him. I think he's far too willing to jump on wagons. I do not like Rockin. I do not like Kary's medial way of approaching this game with constant side comments, however I feel that he's following TownMeta. I do not like PJB. I like Death Bear, perhaps more so the Rake side. Kat is worrisome, but not enough to want to lynch. If he's still alive by lylo, lynch him. I wish Circus was here.

Is that all is left? That's surprising. Later.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Sometimes you call out a cat just to see if he flinches

well damn.

Ran, STOP doing that 'will you vote such and such' thing it is ANNOYING. It's not freaking RVS I wll move my vote as and when i see fit.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You can just say you'll reserve for now. But no, I'll ask because I like to. But I'll respect your decision not to join now. Koo?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That case on PJB has got to be one of the biggest pieces of **** I've ever made in a long time. I didn't even feel like it meant anything and I was just struggling to solidfy a stance that I can't particularily put effort into. This isn't about ducking out because I'm caught or you all got me. It's just that I find myself between 'don't care' and 'care because I don't want to slow down the game.'
Hmm, this is interesting. I feel this is a weak backtrack on the push that he initiated on PJB. I find it odd he is now taking this back when pushed. Consider that I brought up that PJB dropped his Soup stance and never brought it up again... I'm thinking Soup may have felt he had to deal with PJB then and there because of that. It's possible he may have forged a connection there.

#HBC | ѕoup

It's interesting that you're so oblivious to everything that you can't see a genuine change in mood and my slow decline.

Top Bottom