• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Torna should get some coverage. It's only a week out until release. This really feels like Elma's best moment to be revealed if she's in.

Imagine if they close out the Torna footage by showing this line:

Nia says, "Who the heck is the 'everyone' in that sentence?" and then the footage mysteriously fades to black...

...before starting Elma's trailer.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I hope not. While I don't care for either character, I can at least say that I hope Isaac makes it in given how long their fans have waited. For us, getting Elma will be spoiling as we've only had to wait 3 something years for our character vs the seemingly 10 years some other fanbases have.
I'm not saying I HOPE it happens, i think either one would be cool. It's just that their fanbases are working themselves into a frenzy, and I genuinely worry what might happen if they don't get what they want.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Torna should get some coverage. It's only a week out until release. This really feels like Elma's best moment to be revealed if she's in.

Nia says, "Who the heck is the 'everyone' in that sentence?" and then the footage mysteriously fades to black...

That would be flippin perfect omg

And imagine if it’s like her XB2 intro but there’s a lot more Smash characters and she says “wow, they really DID crank up the difficulty this time”

zferolie

Smash Hero

Man that is 2 games with hints at smash in them, the other being shantae in Jammies mode talking about the ULTIMATE slumber party and EVERYONE is invited...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Man that is 2 games with hints at smash in them, the other being shantae in Jammies mode talking about the ULTIMATE slumber party and EVERYONE is invited...
Three if you count the “fight club with all stars” dialogue from the Switch port of Bayonetta 2, although to be fair that was alluding to Rodin as an Assist Trophy

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, as someone who haven't played XBX but played XB2 ALOT, I sincerily hope you all the best and hope we can get best girl Elma into Smash. While I love XB2, I really just want more XB characters, and Elma feel like the one with the best chance right now, so, I hope we atleast get something tomorrow.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That would be flippin perfect omg

And imagine if it’s like her XB2 intro but there’s a lot more Smash characters and she says “wow, they really DID crank up the difficulty this time”
Oh man, I can imagine them alluding to that by returning to those silhouettes behind a flaming Smash logo backdrop before they all come into focus with fighting stances.

Elma puts on a pleased smile and speaks before she wields her blades and her gameplay footage starts.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Elma does get in, think we should write a thank you letter to Sakurai or...?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
If Elma does get in, think we should write a thank you letter to Sakurai or...?
Sounds like a great idea! Also, you know how there was that heartfelt fan art of a crying K. Rool shaking Sakurai’s hand? I imagine that there would be something like Elma giving a salute to Sakurai for including her.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm not saying I HOPE it happens, i think either one would be cool. It's just that their fanbases are working themselves into a frenzy, and I genuinely worry what might happen if they don't get what they want.
I apologize if I made it out like you were hoping for the given scenario. It was not my intent to make you out like a villain, though I see where my response implies the notion.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I apologize if I made it out like you were hoping for the given scenario. It was not my intent to make you out like a villain, though I see where my response implies the notion.
No worries. Sorry if I sounded a bit defensive, it's hard to judge tone through text.

I really don't wish any ill will on any fanbase, I just think it's important not to consider any character a "lock" right now, we all know how Sakurai is. It's easy to think anything is possible with Ultimate after getting Ridley and K. Rool, but as Reyn would say, let's not lose our heads.

Thankfully, it looks like everyone here isn't letting their optimism run away. Keep that up.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
True, while I believe all the signs are pointing to Elma, I know that if you look at things from another angle all signs could be pointing to Skull Kid or Shantae. Plus, while this may be the best time for Elma to be revealed, its not the only time. Still, I'm optimistic this will be her time.

Also there is always the chance of multiple reveals whether that be including echoes or not. It may seem unlikely given that this is not a smash direct, but technically E3 was not a smash direct either. We don't have much more time before the game comes out and we don't know how many characters are left.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Oh man. I can't believe we're already getting a new direct....but here in germany it airs in the middle of the night! Some people are working early Nintendo! Anyway im looking Forward to it and i hope we get a Xenoblade X-Port with a reveal of Elma in Smash....and maybe Fiora? (yes i know, not gonna happen, really unlikely)

ZelDan

Smash Master
Would be cool to see Elma get revealed (or Isaac...Or Geno...and/or Dixie...). If they talk about the XB2 DLC or maybe even bring up a XCX port or sequel, then tomorrow would definitely be the time to announce Elma for Smash. Here's hoping!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm a bit late, but: WOOOHHH!

Also, a small note of something that I saw a few days ago, but didn't really think was worth mentioning at the time: A while ago, I wanted to look up some videos about Elma in XBC2 (after she was added, mind you), and for some reason, the 8/8 Smash Direct was among the videos there. I've tried to replicate this search and result since then, but to no avail, so I didn't say anything, since I figured that I must've remembered it wrong, or it was a small mistake on Nintendo's part. But hey, maybe it means something, after all?

*New Nintendo Direct announced*

Hey, Nintendo?

Show us LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, for now!
Show a SIIIIIIIGN for where we can go!
THE WIND BLOWS HARD IN DECEMBER SEPTEMBER!

I see Shulk being in her trailer. Wonder how they would interact?
If I had to make a guess, I'd say that she's saving him from some threat, before they fight it together.
Or Shulk follows the tradition of Mario, Mega Man and Luigi, and dies.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
You know what, I just realised that I haven’t pledged my allegiance to the Elma cause all this time (unless I’m forgetting). So, better to pledge now incase it happens tomorrow!

Last edited:

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Xenoblade is my favorite gaming franchise because smash introduced it to me. I missed out on X because there was no way I was gonna buy a WiiU. BUT, Elma is an awesome character and would have a unique moveset, so I support her!
Good luck from the Isaac thread <3

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I still have big hopes for Elma! Itwill be cool if they give us a port/sequel of Xenoblade X and Elma in smash.

My perfect direct: Isaac, Elma and Dixie revealed at once!

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for saying this, but don't get your expectations too high. We have no guarantee of getting XCX info tomorrow (technically not even Smash though that seems likely). I feel like a few people in this thread are letting themselves get caught up in the hype train and are gonna end up disappointed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sorry for saying this, but don't get your expectations too high. We have no guarantee of getting XCX info tomorrow (technically not even Smash though that seems likely). I feel like a few people in this thread are letting themselves get caught up in the hype train and are gonna end up disappointed.
What if it’s Torna gameplay/release trailer? Since Rex and Pyra are most likely DLC, they may show off Elma as a Guest Blade once again before transitioning into her Smash trailer

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
If there's Xeno content, there'll be a Soraya Saga retweet. Until then, don't get your hopes up.

...Mind that we know Torna - The Golden Country is coming out very soon and they'll want to plug that so even then, assume it's just DLC news for XB2.

D

Deleted member

I am very nervous about Elma's chances right now. I want her and Rex & Pyra both but with the latter of those being such a strong DLC option I can't help but worry that for Elma it's base game or bust. The only Xenoblade game I've played is 2. But I still would really like to see Elma. I'd also like any new Xenoblade characters to bring in a Xenoblade stage that doesn't have to rely on Battlefield or Omega form to be good.

I'd appreciate being recruited into the list of supporters.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
This is a Nintendo direct not a smash direct. XCX port jas been rumoured and talked about for a while now, so it's ok to be hyped about a port or Elma as a smash character.
Unlike geno, isaac and other heavily rumoured smash characters who have no games that could show up in the direct.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I believe Elma would be best revealed though this direct specifically due to how Smash Directs are more cated towards the Hardcore Fans, & thus would make more logical sense to have the more heavily fan-requested characters be saved for those Directs instead of the generic ones. Atleast that’s how I think.

*Edit* Heavily fan-requested as in terms of the Smash Ballet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Personally, I believe Elma would be best revealed though this direct specifically due to how Smash Directs are more cated towards the Hardcore Fans, & thus would make more logical sense to have the more heavily fan-requested characters be saved for those Directs instead of the generic ones. Atleast that’s how I think.

*Edit* Heavily fan-requested as in terms of the Smash Ballet.
Plus, the Torna DLC for Xenoblade 2 comes out next week. So they'll probably talk about it tomorrow. Not it affects Elma's chances either way. But talking about Torna while subsequently revealing Elma is one way things could go.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
It's been shared in a few other threads, but Elma's in the top 20 of an "unofficial fighter ballot".

Take away a few ridiculous third-party choices that realistically have no chance of happening (for now) and she's a little higher on the list.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
eh, I don't trust these recent popularity polls. I see where a lot of people vote based on who they currently feel will be in the game rather than reflecting on who they voted for during the ballot. I mean there were a lot of people who voted for veterans, K. Rool, Inklings, and Ridley but that's not reflected in the poll what-so-ever. And I'm sure some of the people who originally voted in these prior mentioned characters or character groups also voted in this survey.

I guess these polls at least give an idea of where we are at currently with character interest, but does that even mean anything given the roster was decided on years ago?

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey all you members of BLADE. Hoping from the Geno Thread to wish you all luck for tomorrow! With the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna on the horizon, this could be something for a Monolith Rep. I played XBX and XB2 and loved them to death and continue to enjoy them!

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Even if elma is not revealed this time there still hope because we haven't seen yet a brand new female new comer(not counting gender swap). I review all first party franchises in this game wondering which one could get a female new comer, tbh honest only Xenoblade fits about that.
Hilda, Impa, Medusa, viridi, Celica, (not couting isabelle and dixie, purely humans characters) Could be echo fighters.
The only way I see a brand female new comer is by third party or Xenoblade.
We should remember we had 3 female new comers in Smash 4: Rosalina, Palutena, Bayonetta
And there always at least one female new comer per smash bros:
Melee: Peach, Zelda, Sheik
Brawl: Zero Suit Samus
4: Palutena, Rosalina, Bayonetta
So there's still hope until the otherwise is shown.

Last edited:

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
Sorry guys, the direct is delayed, :
Thoughts for those who are affected by this disaster.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Totally understandable and fair.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Thoughts for japan I don't care about the direct at the moment.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That's understandable. But still, I hope that it isn't delayed too much, until next week.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I understand why they delayed it and respect their decision.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I wasn’t even expecting a Direct this week, so this delay means nothing to me. The Direct will come around eventually, but the lives lost over there are gone forever. It’s tragic.

Top Bottom