• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm...no music update tonight plus rumors of a potential Nintendo Direct this week.

The hype is uncontrollable!

Edit: Oops, I'm wrong. The music update is supposed to be coming tomorrow. My bad!
Yeah, I was just about to correct you on that. They're usually on Tuesday nights (or Wednesday in Japan).

Anyway, if there are any new fighters revealed at TGS, they'd be from a game series that popular over there. So I imagine we'd get either Elma or Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
ooh which one?
If I had to make a guess, it's probably just general rumoring. There were Kimishima's statements about how we don't have Nintendo's full 2018 lineup yet, Torna is releasing next week, and the paid online service for Switch is coming up, so a Direct just seems appropriate to get some more information out there.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I imagine an X port would modify the online components to synergize with Nintendo's online stuff better. Maybe having updates like Splatoon adding quests/armors or adding different squad missions/global nemesis? And another game to flaunt as having substantial online stuff would probably make their online service more appealing. Not that I'm particularly interested in their paid online, just trying to see a silver lining.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I imagine an X port would modify the online components to synergize with Nintendo's online stuff better. Maybe having updates like Splatoon adding quests/armors or adding different squad missions/global nemesis? And another game to flaunt as having substantial online stuff would probably make their online service more appealing. Not that I'm particularly interested in their paid online, just trying to see a silver lining.
I'd also hope that they explain the online functions of the game better in an enhanced port. I'm not sure how much of it was fully explained in the game's digital menu, but I had to figure a lot of things (like Squad Tasks, Squad Missions, actually directly playing together with others) out myself, which wasn't that fun.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
If I had to make a guess, it's probably just general rumoring. There were Kimishima's statements about how we don't have Nintendo's full 2018 lineup yet, Torna is releasing next week, and the paid online service for Switch is coming up, so a Direct just seems appropriate to get some more information out there.
Yeah, assuming they wanted to get a Direct out about this information (which makes the most sense), an early to mid month release just makes sense. An earlier direct would also be beneficial to us given the release of Xenoblade information. We could end up with another Splatoon situation on our hands. Still, this is all just conjecture. We can hope though.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
So there are some very serious signs of a Direct coming up tomorrow. I reckon this would be a great chance for an Elma reveal for Smash myself. I reckon a Xenoblade Chronicles X port slated for October/early November would tie really well into an Elma reveal, just like how Shulk was revealed for Sm4sh.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So there are some very serious signs of a Direct coming up tomorrow. I reckon this would be a great chance for an Elma reveal for Smash myself. I reckon a Xenoblade Chronicles X port slated for October/early November would tie really well into an Elma reveal, just like how Shulk was revealed for Sm4sh.
What signs would that be, then?

Danpal65

Smash Lord
What signs would that be, then?
Bunch of industry insiders making references, including GameXplain members and mods/admins on ResetEra and NintendoLife jumping in and saying that we're getting one on the 6th, which is coming from the same source that correctly leaked the Indie Presentation.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Bunch of industry insiders making references, including GameXplain members and mods/admins on ResetEra and NintendoLife jumping in and saying that we're getting one on the 6th, which is coming from the same source that correctly leaked the Indie Presentation.
Would one happen with this little warning though? directs are usually announced days in advance

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm just trying to not get my hopes up too high for an Elma reveal, or at the very least an X port.
I know but it just feels like the right time to announce the port, what with the elma dlc and torna dropping this month. I'm trying not to get hyped for it but it will be a missed opportunity if they don't do it

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I know but it just feels like the right time to announce the port, what with the elma dlc and torna dropping this month. I'm trying not to get hyped for it but it will be a missed opportunity if they don't do it
Oh absolutely. That's why it's difficult to keep myself in check; it just makes sense.

Last edited:

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
If Sakurai came out and said "This is all the characters." people would just take a page from the Half-Life fanbase and baselessly accuse Sakurai of lying so that we're all caught off guard by the 'big announcement.'
Then again, this is the guy who said “don’t expect too many newcomers” and then revealed 5 characters in the next direct. Granted, 3 of those were echoes but still...

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
And the Direct is official! Can't wait for it and potentially seeing Elma!

zferolie

Smash Hero
If we get a Xenoblade chronicals X HD for switch, I think we'll get elma announced for smash shortly after. I see her as an end of direct announcment.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
[UNCONTROLLABLE INTENSIFIES]

here’s hoping fam

GolisoPower

Smash Master
*New Nintendo Direct announced*

Hey, Nintendo?

Show us LIIIIIIIIIIIGHT, for now!
Show a SIIIIIIIGN for where we can go!

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I think that the only way that Elma is deconfirmed is either by a Xenoblade X port without her Smash trailer alongside, or Sakurai himself saying that they have revealed everyone and that Elma isn't in. Both of these seem to be unlikely, so the hype train is moving full steam ahead.

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I think that the only way that Elma is deconfirmed is either by a Xenoblade X port without her Smash trailer alongside, or Sakurai himself saying that they have revealed everyone and that Elma isn't in. Both of these seem to be unlikely, so the hype train is moving full steam ahead.
I wouldn't say a X port announcement without her smash reveal would deconfirmed her but if she isn't in the base game I think her chances are gone.

But this isn't the time to talk negative let's hope by tomorrow we will be celebrating

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Ugh, it's airing thirty minutes before I get off work. I'll have to try watching it with divided attention while I finish, or unsub from GameXplain for a couple hours to avoid spoilers and watch it when I get home. Either way, hoping for the best.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
*Torna trailer closes out the Direct*

Narrator: "Oh, but speaking of Xenoblade..."

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
dude, I'm amped. This is the best opportunity for an Elma reveal, between the lack of Xenoblade announcements on the site and the DLC Elma reveal in XC2. I just pray this isn't another Ashley situation.

I really need to tamper my expectations because I'm getting hyped as if she was already revealed.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
It would be funny if people were expecting Rex but boom Elma reveal right there. I can already imagine the complaints
And during Elma's trailer, they reveal that Isaac is an Assist Trophy and Skull Kid is a boss. The salt would be the stuff of legend.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I hope not. While I don't care for either character, I can at least say that I hope Isaac makes it in given how long their fans have waited. For us, getting Elma will be spoiling as we've only had to wait 3 something years for our character vs the seemingly 10 years some other fanbases have.

Top Bottom