• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I wonder though, takahashi said the port was a 'maybe' back in november, likely cause 2 had just come out, how long would it even take for a game like this to be ported?
It depends on the complexity of the port job itself. Xenoblade X has a few issues that would probably make it a bit more complicated and they would need to revamp things such as the map system that was heavily depend on the Wii U tablet controller functionality.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Does Monolith Soft even have the resources to port the game? It seems like they have their hands full on their new IP.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Does Monolith Soft even have the resources to port the game? It seems like they have their hands full on their new IP.
If they could release XBX a massive RPG all the while working on and releasing XB2 in addition to assisting with BOTW within the span of a few years. They can get a B team together for a port.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
It depends on the complexity of the port job itself. Xenoblade X has a few issues that would probably make it a bit more complicated and they would need to revamp things such as the map system that was heavily depend on the Wii U tablet controller functionality.
I actually played the game almost entirely on 'roaming' mode using just the gamepad due to moving house at the time. While it did require switching to the map screen a little more than other games I'd simply put that down to the main UI not having a minimap. It really doesn't need too much work to be playable on the one screen.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
If they could release XBX a massive RPG all the while working on and releasing XB2 in addition to assisting with BOTW within the span of a few years. They can get a B team together for a port.
Yeah that have like 157 employees they could get a team to do it for sure, and that's if they don't outsource it to another developer like they did monster games for the 3ds port of the first game

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I suppose it's possible, but they certainly can't do it alone. They'll have to consider outsourcing the project. I can imagine Monolith Soft redesigning the map system to make the game possible on the Switch, and then having an outside company do the rest of the work.

The narrative that there is a "B team" at Monolith Soft needs to be dispelled. Monolith Soft has two studios, one (Tokyo) dedicated for developing games and one (Kyoto) dedicated for creating artwork. Half of the Tokyo studio helped out with Breath of the Wild while the remaining half made Xenoblade 2. With half of the team absent, they didn't have the full manpower to complete XC2 on time. This forced the team to heavily outsource the game to outside companies.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
They could outsource the port. They did it with Xenoblade 3D after all
But yeah the main problem is the UI, the maps and stuff. I think adding a "Map" option to to the + button Menu and a shortcut for another button, could fix this

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With XC2's success I could see them trying to give X another chance on a not selling like stale cake console.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
With XC2's success I could see them trying to give X another chance on a not selling like stale cake console.
They kind of need to do a follow up at some point because the game ends on a cliffhanger. It would be a crime if the loose ends are not wrapped up at all.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yeah, Xenoblade X deserves another shot in the spotlight, especially considering how ambitious it was with its giant open world, the deep class system and the online component, all of which were quite impressive considering the Wii U hardware.

I would totally double dip on that.

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Today is the 3rd anniversary of Xenoblade X's release in Japan! There should be an influx of fan art on Twitter. I'm hoping that the output means Monolith sees people do want a port or sequel.

Alpswat

Smash Cadet
Oh, i didn't see anything about the anniversary, atleast in my TL. I hope Xenoblade X gets a port and hopefully, and also a sequel.

I want to watch the videos of Elma for Smash, but i know it contains spoilers u_u". So it makes me wanting to complete the game faster >_<.

Also, it's pretty interesting to see that video has a lot of likes and views hehe.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Rex & Pyra's video is up today!

How does this relate to Elma? Well, she was mentioned at least once. :troll:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I would like a XCX port to the Switch. I blame the poor ish sales on the fact the Wii U was not a great system in general. Watch the DKCTF port outsell the original due to being on an easier system to sell.

Alpswat

Smash Cadet
I think a XCX port has a really high chance of getting out. Even though that the sales of XCX outsold XC1

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I really hope we do get a port, it’ll be the only one I double dip for, I’ve just stuck with my wii u versions of bayo and tropical freeze

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
This thread is sorely lacking in moveset ideas. Does anyone want to pitch in?

I really hope we do get a port, it’ll be the only one I double dip for, I’ve just stuck with my wii u versions of bayo and tropical freeze
Same. I didn't rebuy Tropical Freeze and Mario Kart 8, but I plan to give special treatment to XCX.

It is my hope that they'll somehow incorporate DLC to XCX for the Switch, kinda like what they're doing to XC2.

Last edited by a moderator:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
X seems like a better fit for DLC than 2. Yelv, Boze, Alexa and H.B were all originally DLC for instance. Dunno if they'd sell them piecemeal or do a season pass again but either would work. They could release a party member every 1-2 months and add more sidequests/armors along the way as well. I'd personally love to see more playable xenoforms, some species seem like they'd work with the playable character animations without too much trouble (Wrothians, Prone, Delfinians etc). The others might require too much new animations etc to be feasible unfortunately (I'd recruit Homer or Phoskeran immediately if I could, Zaruboggan are fantastic).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
This thread is sorely lacking in moveset ideas. Does anyone want to pitch in?
Sure thing!

Overview: Elma is a highly versatile character who can specialize in both close-range and far-range combat. Her swords are made for those who wish to be up close and personal while her guns are made for those who wish to keep their distance. Her guns, unlike Bayonetta’s, are not heavily disjointed hit-boxes, but projectiles about tenth the size of a Pikmin and about 2x the speed of Sonic. Both weapons have their advantages and disadvantages, with swords being more close and powerful but has less range and speed and guns being more far-range and fast while sacrificing killing power and mobility

Unique Mechanic: Full Metal Jaguar: In Xenoblade X, players can swap weapons by pressing X. In battle, if you crouch long enough, you’ll flash with a red light. Press X after this and you can swap between your swords and your guns.

Jab (Swords): Elma slashes twice before performing a flip kick that sends the opponent flying.

Jab (Guns): Elma will fire at the opponent. Hold the A button to continuously fire.

Side tilt (Swords): Elma performs a scissor slash.

Side tilt (Guns): Elma shoots her pistols simultaneously, doing one-hit damage.

Up tilt (Swords): Elma stabs upward.

Up tilt (Guns): Elma waves her guns over her while firing 5 times.

Down tilt (Swords): Elma sweep slashes the opponent.

Down tilt (Guns): Elma shoots straight ahead while crouching.

Dash attack (Swords): Elma lunges forward with her swords.

Dash attack (Guns): Elma fires her pistols 12 times in front of her.

N-air (Swords): Elma slashes downward on both sides with her swords.

N-air (Guns): Elma fires four times, one up, one down, one left and one right.

F-air (Swords): Elma slashes upwards.

F-air (Guns): Elma shoots her pistols simultaneously.

D-air (Swords): Elma slashes twice underneath her.

D-air (Guns): Elma fires in a cone below her.

B-air (Swords): Elma slashes behind her with both swords.

B-air (Guns): Elma shoots twice with an individual pistol.

U-air (Swords): Elma swings her swords above her before arc-kicking above her.

U-air (Guns): Elma shoots above her two times.

Pummel (Swords): Elma hits the opponent with the hilt of the sword.

Pummel (Guns): Elma pistol whips the opponent’s face.

F-throw: Elma roundhouse kicks the opponent away.

D-throw: Elma unloads her guns onto the opponent, the final shot launching the opponent.

B-throw: Elma pushes the opponent behind her and drop kicks them.

U-throw: Elma throws the opponent above her and shoots them with a barrage of bullets.

Side smash (Swords): Elma performs a helmet-splitter slash with both swords.

Side smash (Guns): Elma locks onto her opponent and shoots a combined energy bolt from her pistols.

Up smash (Swords): Elma scissor slashes above her.

Up smash (Guns): Elma locks onto her opponent and shoots a combined energy bolt from her pistols above her.

Down smash (Swords): Elma spins around, the tips of her swords close to the ground

Down smash (Guns): Elma shoots at the ground six times. She hits the closest opponents based on horizontal distance.

Neutral B (Swords): Hundred Shells: Elma slashes around her, hitting multiple times.

Neutral B (Guns): Executioner: Elma fires an energy bolt at her enemies that can be charged. The longer the gun is charged, the more opponents it will pierce.

Side B (Swords): Side Slash: Elma slashes twice in front of her. Side Slash can slow down enemies on hit.

Side B (Guns): Sliding Slinger: Elma slides along the ground, firing in front of her along the way.

Up B (Swords): Shadowstrike: Elma jumps upwards and slams down with both her blades. Doesn’t have knockback, but it staggers the opponent and leaves them open for combos. Can risk self-destructing.

Up B (Guns): Violent Streak: Elma rockets upward as she shoots her guns all around her (Like Reaper from Overwatch).

Down B: Ghost Factory: Elma will render herself into a dodge-like state for 5 seconds. This greatly reduces her speed as a result.

Final Smash: Hexad-Partican: Elma calls up her favorite Skell, Verus, to dive into the opponent. The hit opponents are then taken to Cauldros on Mira, where Elma, piloting Verus, fires the Hexad-Partican at them, causing a vast explosion that launches the opponents.

What do you think? Is it too complicated? Is is just right? I’m open for critique.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Sure thing!

Overview: Elma is a highly versatile character who can specialize in both close-range and far-range combat. Her swords are made for those who wish to be up close and personal while her guns are made for those who wish to keep their distance. Her guns, unlike Bayonetta’s, are not heavily disjointed hit-boxes, but projectiles about tenth the size of a Pikmin and about 2x the speed of Sonic. Both weapons have their advantages and disadvantages, with swords being more close and powerful but has less range and speed and guns being more far-range and fast while sacrificing killing power and mobility

Unique Mechanic: Full Metal Jaguar: In Xenoblade X, players can swap weapons by pressing X. In battle, if you crouch long enough, you’ll flash with a red light. Press X after this and you can swap between your swords and your guns.

Jab (Swords): Elma slashes twice before performing a flip kick that sends the opponent flying.

Jab (Guns): Elma will fire at the opponent. Hold the A button to continuously fire.

D-throw: Elma unloads her guns onto the opponent, the final shot launching the opponent.

U-throw: Elma throws the opponent above her and shoots them with a barrage of bullets.

Side smash (Guns): Elma locks onto her opponent and shoots a combined energy bolt from her pistols.

Up smash (Guns): Elma locks onto her opponent and shoots a combined energy bolt from her pistols above her.

Down smash (Swords): Elma spins around, the tips of her swords close to the ground

Down smash (Guns): Elma shoots at the ground six times. She hits the closest opponents based on horizontal distance.

Neutral B (Swords): Hundred Shells: Elma slashes around her, hitting multiple times.

Neutral B (Guns): Executioner: Elma fires an energy bolt at her enemies that can be charged. The longer the gun is charged, the more opponents it will pierce.

Side B (Swords): Side Slash: Elma slashes twice in front of her. Side Slash can slow down enemies on hit.

Side B (Guns): Sliding Slinger: Elma slides along the ground, firing in front of her along the way.

Up B (Swords): Shadowstrike: Elma jumps upwards and slams down with both her blades. Doesn’t have knockback, but it staggers the opponent and leaves them open for combos. Can risk self-destructing.

Up B (Guns): Violent Streak: Elma rockets upward as she shoots her guns all around her (Like Reaper from Overwatch).

Down B: Ghost Factory: Elma will render herself into a dodge-like state for 5 seconds. This greatly reduces her speed as a result.

Final Smash: Hexad-Partican: Elma calls up her favorite Skell, Verus, to dive into the opponent. The hit opponents are then taken to Cauldros on Mira, where Elma, piloting Verus, fires the Hexad-Partican at them, causing a vast explosion that launches the opponents.

What do you think? Is it too complicated? Is is just right? I’m open for critique.
the swapping between weapons method seems a little complicated, mapping it to a special or a taunt would make more sense imo

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
So I just finished the XC2 story last night and I am 110% sold on the combat, which was my only worry for this series.

Eagerly anticipating the XCX port and Elma in Smash

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
A thought just crossed mine mind: If Xenoblade X does get ported to the Switch, I hope it gets more content, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe did. I personally would like to see Akhos and Patroka as playable characters, with their own special side story. Also, their class could reflect upon the weapons they used in Xenoblade 2. Akhos could wield the Dual Swords and Sniper Rifle. Patroka could wield the Javelin and Gatling Gun.

What say you lot? Should the (theoretical) port have more content? If so, then what?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Sure thing!

I really like the idea, but it is a bit complicated. Is it even possible to balance a character with two distinct movesets?

A thought just crossed mine mind: If Xenoblade X does get ported to the Switch, I hope it gets more content, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe did. I personally would like to see Akhos and Patroka as playable characters, with their own special side story. Also, their class could reflect upon the weapons they used in Xenoblade 2. Akhos could wield the Dual Swords and Sniper Rifle. Patroka could wield the Javelin and Gatling Gun.

What say you lot? Should the (theoretical) port have more content? If so, then what?
I personally want a simple port and a direct sequel to X. They should ditch the avatar, keep Elma as the protagonist, and go crazy with the story. Alternatively, I want a prequel
that explores Elma backstory, which would basically focus on her journey to Earth. Like, what is/was her motivation and why did she go alone?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
How can I not come to this support thread earlier!

I support for Elma! She's one of my most wanted characters and XCX is a very good game that I hope get ported to Switch. Not only that but she would be very different from most of the cast!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Elma's models from XBX have been ripped! See here and (spoilers!!!) here!
Assuming Elma doesn't make it in as a newcomer at least we'll be able to have a model replacement with her.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
They ripped the black knight too tho, it's nice to finally see this guy outside of messy concept art
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Elma Mechanic (Dual Smashes): Elma's Smashes change depending on how far away an opponent is when the attack is executed. A faint translucent bubble appears when a Smash is started. If a character is within the bubble, Elma uses a dual blade Smash. Otherwise, she uses long-range (in most cases, longest) dual gun Smash.

Mistaros

Smash Cadet
She's my most wanted character for smash 5, you can add me in the support list ! ;)

And also :

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
She's my most wanted character for smash 5, you can add me in the support list ! ;)

And also :
Yup, I honestly have nothing to say about their analysis, that's the same score I gave her in RTC lol. I've been feeling good about her chances as of late, nobody mentioned it in this thread but in a livestream Pyra's voice actress said she hadn't been contacted about smash, sure she could be under NDA and just lied but no one asked her a question, it was just a response to someone wanting pyra in.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

And also :
Makes sense that she'd have the same score as Rex and Pyra. XCX and XC2 both have an equal shot at getting their lead characters in the game, in my eyes.

Alpswat

Smash Cadet
Yup, I honestly have nothing to say about their analysis, that's the same score I gave her in RTC lol. I've been feeling good about her chances as of late, nobody mentioned it in this thread but in a livestream Pyra's voice actress said she hadn't been contacted about smash, sure she could be under NDA and just lied but no one asked her a question, it was just a response to someone wanting pyra in.
As a matter of fact, voice actors usually don't lie, they tend to "evade" that question. But I'd get the point if she lies or says nothing.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Last edited:
Top Bottom