• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
They need to get XCX on the Switch

That being said, talking about the Ares 90 has reminded me about how grind-heavy the post game was.
I hope they change that in a port...

Would you guys have Elma's 'other form' playable in Ultimate as well?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

That being said, talking about the Ares 90 has reminded me about how grind-heavy the post game was.
I hope they change that in a port...

her True Form will most likely be an alt, yeah

And yeah, post game is very grindy. Heck, before the post game I remember searching this one spot in a cave in Oblivia over and over for a relic, I don’t remember what for but it was super rare. I think it was for Skells or something

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Grinding for materials to make the overpowered Skells and for the extra costume pieces - most of which dropped from some pretty tanky bosses.
Yeah, I'm glad that wasn't as bad for XC2

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm probably a bit in the minority here, but when it comes to alts that aren't palette swaps, I'd rather have Elma with one of the most defining features of X.

A tank top.

Grinding for materials to make the overpowered Skells and for the extra costume pieces - most of which dropped from some pretty tanky bosses.
Yeah, I'm glad that wasn't as bad for XC2
That's what Reward Tickets are for. Some of the materials can get pretty expensive, so you need to grind for them a lot, which can only really be done if there's a Squad Task/Mission active, but it beats having to rely on the RNG gods' mercy in hoping for rare drops from tough enemies.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm probably a bit in the minority here, but when it comes to alts that aren't palette swaps, I'd rather have Elma with one of the most defining features of X.

A tank top.

That's what Reward Tickets are for. Some of the materials can get pretty expensive, so you need to grind for them a lot, which can only really be done if there's a Squad Task/Mission active, but it beats having to rely on the RNG gods' mercy in hoping for rare drops from tough enemies.
I wouldn't complain about a tank top alt, especially if it is paired with some other cool gears like sunglasses etc etc.

Beating Ridley or Ganondorf dressed like this would be quite rad.

And please tell me that is Wario talking, calling her to join Smash.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post...but it's time for a new QotD.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite type of Skell and what did you name it? ( Calamitas Calamitas ' idea)

The Formula was my favorite Skell. In fact, I think it's the only type I bought for my characters. I could've got the other types, but I kinda stuck with the Formula. I don't have an answer for the second question. I think I just left the name as is, I don't remember honestly.
My favorite Skell type is the Amdusias

Currently, I'm using the XS0750 Amdusias ST

I prefer the heavier Skells because they have a lot more HP, which helps preserve it, so I don't have to go back and repair it as much, and they have way more fuel. Plus, I just like how they handle in vehicle form better than the others.

As for names, for most of the game, I named my Skells after Gurren Lagann mechs, my first one being Gurren
And I gave it the color scheme of Gurren.

There is also Master Chief, and Boba Fett, who are equipped on Gwin, and Lin.

Elma even has a Skell that I gave the Switch colors, simply named Switch.

As for me, my current Skell, is called Super TTGL (Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Because that's the final form of Gurren Lagann in the anime, so since that's the final Skell I bought, I decided to name it after the ultimate form.

I haven't gotten any of the craftable Skells yet

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
There is a rumor circulating in the Xenoblade reddit Discord channel that the press have already seen Elma in XC2 at Gamescom. I can't verify whether it's true or not...

Regardless, only ~8 or 32 hours remain. :D

Question of the Day: What are your top 5 favorite songs?

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

Honorable mention goes to Uncontrollable and THEMEX

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There is a rumor circulating in the Xenoblade reddit Discord channel that the press have already seen Elma in XC2 at Gamescom. I can't verify whether it's true or not...

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

1. Uncontrollable
2. Sylvalum (night)
3. aBOreSSs
4. THEMEX
5. In The Forest (X->Z ver)

jimbozo

Smash Cadet

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

Uncontrollabe
THEMEX
The Key We've Lost
Wir Fliegen
So Nah, So Fern

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
A few of my favorite tracks are actually the environmental tracks that don't get a lot of attention, like the ones that play in Ganglion bases or in caves. In no particular order;

X-BT1 (Blade Barracks Theme)
MONOX (Title Screen)
zbriefing (Character Creation/Briefings)
zfield (Cave Area)
zevent (Ganglion Base)
Honorary Mentions: the 'dangerous area' theme, the Ganglion normal battle for that Star Trek battle scene sound, the Divine Roost and the Telethia Battle music.
I always saved at the barracks so I could be greeted by that elevator muzak.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A few of my favorite tracks are actually the environmental tracks that don't get a lot of attention, like the ones that play in Ganglion bases or in caves. In no particular order;

X-BT1 (Blade Barracks Theme)
MONOX (Title Screen)
zbriefing (Character Creation/Briefings)
zfield (Cave Area)
zevent (Ganglion Base)
Honorary Mentions: the 'dangerous area' theme, the Ganglion normal battle for that Star Trek battle scene sound, the Divine Roost and the Telethia Battle music.
I always saved at the barracks so I could be greeted by that elevator muzak.
I hope future Xenoblade games make use of a “dangerous area” type theme. One thing I enjoyed about X is that you could be having a leisurely stroll in an area when suddenly the music changes to something creepy and ominous and you know some **** is up, and/or there’s a crazy powerful enemy in the area

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I'm seeing a lot of KOS-MOS vs Elma posts at ResetEra lately. Some of the people there are arguing that Monolith Soft would rather have KOS-MOS over Elma. :rolleyes:

The former may be more popular and recognizable, however Monolith Soft doesn't own the rights to KOS-MOS. Why would they even choose her over a character that they actually own? It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I'm seeing a lot of KOS-MOS vs Elma posts at ResetEra lately. Some of the people there are arguing that Monolith Soft would rather have KOS-MOS over Elma. :rolleyes:

The former may be more popular and recognizable, however Monolith Soft doesn't own the rights to KOS-MOS. Why would they even choose her over a character that they actually own? It doesn't make sense.
You got a link to the thread? Wanna see this for myself

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Personally, I don’t see why they’d want her over Elma considering that they wouldn’t get anything out of KOS-MOS being in Smash compared to Elma, who would bring in some serious attention towards XCX as they get ready to port it over to the Switch and create a sequel for it after they’re finished with XC2 DLC. It makes no sense, unless they’re seriously going for nostalgia over long-term revenue for both their series.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

Geez. Picking out of any of Sawano's songs is really tough...

So, in no particular order, 5 of my favorite tracks in X are:
Uncontrollable
Melancholia
The Way
By My Side
In The Forest

Honestly, there are just way too many good songs, if you ask me in like, a day from now, my favorites will have probably shifted around. Lol

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

In no real order:

- Black Tar (this song is a banger, and I will defend that to my grave)
- Sylvalum (night)
- MNN+@0 (Ma-non Ship day)
- Wir Fliegen
- Don't Worry

I would love to include Cauldros' day theme here too, but I can't find a good rip where the bass doesn't crackle like somebody trying to open a bag of chips in a movie theater without bothering anyone. So, consider it an honorable mention.

Last edited:

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Any day this week, but they haven't specified yet. Last year, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was shown on August 25, which was a Friday. I'm betting the Xenoblade JP Twitter account will announce Elma on Thursday, August 23 (~4PM JST/3AM EST). There is a chance Elma could be revealed tomorrow or Wednesday because they still need to announce the other Blade.
So, there's a Nintendo Direct this week?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Kos-mos getting in doesn't seem like it has anything to do with Monolith Soft. No more than Pac Man getting in does, anyway.

I think Nintendo are uploading new videos relating to reveals at Gamescom each day, so that's how the coverage of XB2 TGC will he shown.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

This is getting interesting.

So Elma might be revealed for XB2 after all. This is so exciting!

Though, I’m not sure if they’ll reveal her here. Time will tell, but I do hope we get to see her in Smash soon, since there are some people that are doubting her despite wanting her from what I’ve seen.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
It's killing me up inside. No leaker is talking about Elma it's making me kinda scared :( but I'm sure she will be in. Pls

At least In a week time though it's gonna be great for all of us.
don't worry about it
K.Rool didn't have public leaks backing his August reveal, so i won't fear the same for Elma

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

Great Question. My personal list would be:
-Your Voice
-Theme X
-NO. EX01
-Requiem
-Sylvalum (Night)

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
KOS-MOS is not getting in, let's be honest. I feel like "KOS-MOS vs Elma" is usually just a contrarian thing. She wouldn't make any sense at all. People can talk about Cloud or Snake all they want but they still make more sense than KOS-MOS.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS is not getting in, let's be honest. I feel like "KOS-MOS vs Elma" is usually just a contrarian thing. She wouldn't make any sense at all. People can talk about Cloud or Snake all they want but they still make more sense than KOS-MOS.
Eh. Kos-Mos could possibly make sense as DLC, seeing as she's really popular in XC2, but yea there's no way she's getting in the base game.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I haven't played Xenosaga, but wouldn't KOS-MOS have a completely different moveset from Elma? Also they aren't even from the same series, and are owned by different companies, so it really doesn't make any sense to have one instead of the other.
I could actually see both being added, but KOS-MOS would not be a Xenoblade rep, but a Xenosaga one, and a TP to add to that.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

- In the forest
- Melancholia
- Re: Arr X
- raTEoREkiSImeAra
- All continent themes
(I tried to think of some songs that nobody else has mentioned (Xeno X has best ost out of the 3 IMO))

So, there's a Nintendo Direct this week?
Wait till September for Nintendo direct rumours, as they usually have one in September. We have been incredibly lucky to have a smash and an indie direct this month alone, along with Gamenon that has had plenty of new games and info to almost act as its own direct.

I haven't played Xenosaga, but wouldn't KOS-MOS have a completely different moveset from Elma? Also they aren't even from the same series, and are owned by different companies, so it really doesn't make any sense to have one instead of the other.
I could actually see both being added, but KOS-MOS would not be a Xenoblade rep, but a Xenosaga one, and a TP to add to that.
The problem with KOS-MOS is that she is in competition with other characters of Bandai Namco that have more popularity for a third party slot. I only see the adding her if they had a trilogy pack (unlikely) in the works which none of us know about. Put all these factors to gether and she has a low chance (still a chance).

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Kos-mos was in almost all recent cross-over games:
Super Robot taisen OG SAGA: Endless frontier & exceed
Project X Zone 1 & 2

and recently in Xenoblade 2 with T-elos

Plus now there is an upcoming new figure for Kos-mos based on the xenoblade 2 model:
http://document.nintendo-difference.com/44757/artworks/7614819bf4d407d814895ad98fe9ac29.jpg
why choosing this character after making pyra and mythra as a figure and not an another xenoblade character?
This show how relevant kos-mos is these days.

And there were some rumor about Xenosaga collection, this would be the perfect timing to sell the franchise with the character in the game.
(Same fact as Castlevania with the rumour about the upcoming collection and the netflix serie and seeing how a lot of japanese don't know what is akumajo dracula these days).

But yeah I can't see both of them in the game(this would be a dream though).

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
- In the forest
- Melancholia
- Re: Arr X
- raTEoREkiSImeAra
- All continent themes
(I tried to think of some songs that nobody else has mentioned (Xeno X has best ost out of the 3 IMO))

Wait till September for Nintendo direct rumours, as they usually have one in September. We have been incredibly lucky to have a smash and an indie direct this month alone, along with Gamenon that has had plenty of new games and info to almost act as its own direct.

The problem with KOS-MOS is that she is in competition with other characters of Bandai Namco that have more popularity for a third party slot. I only see the adding her if they had a trilogy pack (unlikely) in the works which none of us know about. Put all these factors to gether and she has a low chance (still a chance).
Oh absolutely, KOS-MOS is in a hard position.What I meant is that having Elma in the game wouldn't be an impediment to her joining, so putting the fanbase in competition is wrong.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

-PianoX1
-Oblivia (Day)
-The Way
-CODENAMEZ
-Your Voice

-ThemeX
-Your Voice
-Black Tar
-No. EX 01
-Sylvalum (Day)

Honorable mentions to Uncontrollable and The Way.

Have to say, if any XCX music gets in, I am biased to Sylvalum. The first time I heard that track with the views in Sylvalum was hair-raising.
Ugh, please release X on Switch....

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I didn't even realise that KOS-MOS wasn't owned by Monolith Soft - otherwise, I would have said add both. Obviously, I would prioritise Elma and Pyra as representation for X and 2, and at this point, I think Sakurai could navigate the rights issues easily.

But let's get Elma in first. I was pushing for her in the ballot for Smash 4 so I'm hoping she makes this one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Scottfrankd Scottfrankd don’t double post, use the edit button instead. :)

Anyway, has any new info surfaced from Gamescom yet?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Scottfrankd Scottfrankd don’t double post, use the edit button instead. :)

Anyway, has any new info surfaced from Gamescom yet?
Nothing for now. The Daemon X Machina reveal will happen tomorrow, and IIRC it was paired up with a showcase of Xenoblade 2, so we might see something in less than 24 hours.

Edit: Today Nintendo Europe pubblished two video showcasing Super Mario Party and Diablo III, very similar to the Treehiuse at E3. I'm sure that anything relevant to us will be shown in a similar format, now the question if it will happen tomorrow or Friday...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh gosh, people are saying in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread that based on an interview Source Gaming translated, Sakurai said “I choose characters based on the ballot this time” and people are taking this to mean no characters based on relevancy or recency. I worry what this may mean for Elma...

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Oh gosh, people are saying in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread that based on an interview Source Gaming translated, Sakurai said “I choose characters based on the ballot this time” and people are taking this to mean no characters based on relevancy or recency. I worry what this may mean for Elma...
He probabky meants that he used it for picking the fan favourites this time rather than the usual method of stalking forums or less organized requests etc etc.

Remember that he didn't mentioned the Ballot for Simon or Richter. He went out of his way to chose a new TP franchise, with all the licensing and costs that it brings, even if he wasn't a Top Ballot pick. And we are talking about an unique newcomer. He even mentions that Richter is an obscure pick that not many will recognize or know.

And the fact that Sakurai emphasised on the 100 stages might really mean that it is the final count for stages, which means that there will be no new series besides Splatoon and Castlevania, sk the remaining newcomers would be from series already in, and Xenoblade thankfully is.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
It's hard to tell what anything means at this point. Elma surely didn't place highly, but I'm sure Sakurai realizes that's in part because the ballot closed before X had been released anywhere outside Japan. Elma's fate might lie with how well Japanese voters responded to her. Alternatively, if there was support for a wide array of Xenoblade characters, it may have prompted Sakurai to add a character from the then latest installment.

Plus, we have to remember that good ballot performance doesn't guarantee a spot. Lyn, Ashley, and (loath as I am to admit it) Waluigi are all characters that doubtlessly did well in the ballot, but are still unplayable. And on the other hand there's Simon, a character that definitely had his supporters, myself included, but that i can't imagine did all that well if the reactions to him, which basically boil down to "Oh hey, it's that guy from that series I've heard of but never played. That's cool, I guess." are anything to go by.

Loz18-Echo

Banned via Warnings
I'm starting to think Sakurai Is being honest about the stage limit.

So Elma gets in but without a stage would you be disappointed?

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I'm starting to think Sakurai Is being honest about the stage limit.

So Elma gets in but without a stage would you be disappointed?
Disappointed? Yes. But I'll still take Elma no matter what. On the positive side, with the changes to My Music, I'd still be able to hear music from X by going to Gaur Plain.

Last edited:
Top Bottom