• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Royaru

Smash Cadet
Yeah your probably right i'm just so desperate for Elma to be a fighter. :(

Question for all who do you think the last fighters are?

Newcomers
1: Geno
2: Skull kid
3: Elma
4: Incineroar

Echoes
1: Ken
2: Shadow
3: Isabelle
Newcomers
1.Elma
2.Isaac
3.Skull Kid
4.Chorus Kid/Karate Joe/Rep from RH

Echoes
1.Isabelle
2.Shadow
3.Ken/Akuma
4.Black Shadow
5.Medusa
6.Dixie
7.Impa
8. Naked Snake

I think we'll have 12 echoes as a reference for the original 12 in Smash64

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think its fairly clear Nintendo is giving more representation to most of there franchises that had no newcomers in smash 4:
I'd argue if Sakurai is focusing on the ballot for this roster though, that may be more because of fan demand than any real decision on their part. You don't have to look very hard to know low Donkey Kong representation has been a sticking point for the Smash community for a while. (and that was likely reflected in their ballot votes)

It's like why we got villain newcomers in Ridley and King K. Rool. I don't think Sakurai suddenly decided Smash needed more villains, the fans told him they wanted those villains so he put them in.

I'm in two minds about Elma right now. Aside from Pokemon, Xenoblade Chronicles is the only other franchise I'd expect to get a "relevancy" stage....and I think it would be weird to get a Xenoblade X stage without Elma....but who knows?

Last edited:

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I'm starting to think Sakurai Is being honest about the stage limit.

So Elma gets in but without a stage would you be disappointed?
it's no ordeal
if Elma got picked over Corrin as the 5th DLC, she wouldn't get a stage either like Corrin didn't.
buy yeah, not like its something to fret over.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Spoilers out there...

As much as I love he fact that Elma is in XC2 and we might get to play as her (or use her I guess). WHY THE HELL IS SHE AN ENEMY... like no one is asking this and I need to know. Was she brainwashed? Did she think you were an enemy? Is she being controlled by someone else? Does Elma have a more deeper story in XC2?

Also here’s my answer for question of the day?

Newcomers:
1. Elma
2. Lycanroc
3. Rhythm Heaven
4. Isaac
5. Geno
6. Banjo
7. Sceptile? (Imma believe)
8. Isa? (I swear, I feel it happening...)

Echoes:
1. Isabelle
2. Felix
I feel like she’s an enemy for gameplay purposes entirely. I imagine she won’t get the same amount of love as Shulk and Fiona, and will probably just be a challenge mode boss, that you can Unlock. I hope that’s not the case though. She could also be sparring with you to test your combat skills or something, I think that could make sense.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Elma's role in XB2 will just be a cameo like Shulk/Fiora, but we already know she's playable. She has programming for Blade Specials, Affinity Chart, everything that Blades the player gets to use have. Hell, she even has a unique mechanic (Overdrive) and quest. She has a cutscene with all the other Xeno protagonists (minus Fei). As for why you fight her... You unlocked Shulk/Fiora by fighting a dinosaur. Why not unlock bonus characters in a more interesting way like fighting them directly?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Dang it! Today's update is just...MORE NOPONS! Which means no update this week. Hopefully we get her next week. Monolith Soft is cutting it close when Torna ~ The Golden Country is coming out in a few weeks. T_T

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
What time is the Daemon x Machina and Torna footage coming up? 4PM CEST
thx Nonno
Midnight I hate timezones

Last edited:

Royaru

Smash Cadet
Dang it! Today's update is just...MORE NOPONS! Which means no update this week. Hopefully we get her next week. Monolith Soft is cutting it close when Torna ~ The Golden Country is coming out in a few weeks. T_T
So...It means no reveal for today even in Gamescom? Damn, I dunno is good or bad for Elma chances.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
They could always reveal more than one thing. Just like how Sakurai did two PotD when Luigi was revealed, one before and one after the Direct where he was revealed. They surely wouldn't have spoiled it on Twitter mere hours before tha footage from the convention was made pubblic.
What time is the Daemon x Machina and Torna footage coming up?
It should be around 4 P.M. CEST (less than 3 hours from now). At least the Super Mario Party and Diablo III footage was posted yesterday at that hour.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
So...It means no reveal for today even in Gamescom? Damn, I dunno is good or bad for Elma chances.
Not this week. Torna ~ The Golden Country is coming out on September 14, which means the update is either coming out on August 31 or September 7.

They could always reveal more than one thing. Just like how Sakurai did two PotD when Luigi was revealed, one before and one after the Direct where he was revealed. They surely wouldn't have spoiled it on Twitter mere hours before tha footage from the convention was made pubblic.

It should be around 4 P.M. CEST (less than 3 hours from now). At least the Super Mario Party and Diablo III footage was posted yesterday at that hour.
It is a possibility, but not very likely at all.. Monolith soft isn't going to release the 1.5.2 update mere hours after their announcement on Twitter.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Not this week. Torna ~ The Golden Country is coming out on September 14, which means the update is either coming out on August 31 or September 7.

It is a possibility, but not very likely at all.. Monolith soft isn't going to release the 1.5.2 update mere hours after their announcement on Twitter.
I wasn't talking about releasing it today, I was talking about them announcing the 1.5.2 content today. The patch might as well come out next week, but I could see them announcing Elma and the other Rarr Blade at Gamescom.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I read about a Torna TGC gameplay being show on gamescom today, Its that correct? I really want they show us Elma. If that happens, I hope they give us Uncontrollable as background music

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How long does Gamescom go for each day, up to which hour (EST)?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I read about a Torna TGC gameplay being show on gamescom today, Its that correct? I really want they show us Elma. If that happens, I hope they give us Uncontrollable as background music
A new Gameplay of Torna is going to be shown at Gamescom (it has been announced), but if it is going to be today or tomorrow is unknown.

How long does Gamescom go for each day, up to which hour (EST)?
As far as I can tell, it's not a stream, but the Nintendo YouTube Channel drops those recorded videos at aroud 4 P.M. CEST (which is in a couple hours).
Here is an example:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rz9fuM51kcw&t=0s

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Everyone needs to view this wonderful post by SuperiorTrashTalk from ResetEra. This sorta ties into your question, @Luviant X :)
I love this moveset. Lots of cool ideas that represent her playstyle in X.
I'm right in thinking her default armour comes in 4 different colours in X, right? As does her 'other' default armour. And like Shulk, give her that bonus beach costume..... Yes :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait...they’re playing Smash For and not Ultimate...??? Odd...

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Wait...they’re playing Smash For and not Ultimate...??? Odd...
that's what I thought! It's odd. And at first I've believed they gonna show Smash Brawl because of the logo in the background xD maybe it's just because I can't understand what they're saying though

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
They have released the Daemon X Machina video, if you are interested:
https://youtu.be/S_Mk49b6IKw

If they will show Xenoblade today it will be in a hour. Otherwise it will be tomorrow.

Edit: and the second video today is Fifa 19. Xenoblade 2 will be shown tomorrow.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They have released the Daemon X Machina video, if you are interested:
https://youtu.be/S_Mk49b6IKw

If they will show Xenoblade today it will be in a hour. Otherwise it will be tomorrow.

Edit: and the second video today is Fifa 19. Xenoblade 2 will be shown tomorrow.
Now that I think about it, that may actually be good for Elma. They save the best and biggest reveals usually for last...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOAwTI1Z1w0
German nintendo is having an ultimate invitational soon, I guess.
Think we should keep an eye on this tho, just in case?

Last edited:

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I always thought that Elma was a better choice than Rex & Pyra. Not that I have anything against XC2, but I don't really see Rex and Pyra making it to the base roster (maybe as DLC). Anyways Elma would be a great rep for Smash, she's unique and different enough to have her own moveset compare to Shulk. Her FS should definitely be the skell she uses.

I'm hoping that Elma makes it in to the roster.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, the build is STILL the one from E3.

If anyone here understands German, let me know if they hint at an upcoming reveal or something (unlikely but still)

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
I always thought that Elma was a better choice than Rex & Pyra. Not that I have anything against XC2, but I don't really see Rex and Pyra making it to the base roster (maybe as DLC). Anyways Elma would be a great rep for Smash, she's unique and different enough to have her own moveset compare to Shulk. Her FS should definitely be the skell she uses.

I'm hoping that Elma makes it in to the roster.
Yeah and that's the thing: Rex and Pyra would be a lock for DLC if it happens. So they're more like an inevitability than a possibility. Unfortunately, if Elma doesn't get in the base roster, she's not making it at all.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Welp, the build is STILL the one from E3.

If anyone here understands German, let me know if they hint at an upcoming reveal or something (unlikely but still)
Yes, you called? Im watching it right now and there was nothing special so far.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah and that's the thing: Rex and Pyra would be a lock for DLC if it happens. So they're more like an inevitability than a possibility. Unfortunately, if Elma doesn't get in the base roster, she's not making it at all.
She could if they announce a Xenoblade X port during the DLC period. Which I think they will announce it soon anyway since after Torna all work on Xenoblade 2 will be done and they have expressed interest in an X port, they just need to finish working on 2 first

Last edited:

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
If there's no SSBU newcomer reveal at Gamescom, there's always PAX West or TGS.

Come to think of it, in terms of SSBU, would Elma be more suited for a European reveal or an American one? I'd say Japanese too, but I think that'd go to someone a little more popular over there, like Bandana Dee.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
So, was there something from Xenoblade that got showed off at Gamescom?

I swear Gamescom is such a mess to follow and understand.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If there's no SSBU newcomer reveal at Gamescom, there's always PAX West or TGS.

Come to think of it, in terms of SSBU, would Elma be more suited for a European reveal or an American one? I'd say Japanese too, but I think that'd go to someone a little more popular over there, like Bandana Dee.
Have there been any Smash/fighting game reveals at PAX West?

FireFury190

Smash Rookie
Yeah your probably right i'm just so desperate for Elma to be a fighter. :(

Newcomers

Echoes
Newcomers
1: Elma
2: Bandana Waddle Dee
3: Silvally (I wanna be different)
4: Monster Hunter

Echoes
1: Shadow
2: Black Shadow
3: Akuma or Ken
4: Isabelle

Elma's role in XB2 will just be a cameo like Shulk/Fiora, but we already know she's playable. She has programming for Blade Specials, Affinity Chart, everything that Blades the player gets to use have. Hell, she even has a unique mechanic (Overdrive) and quest. She has a cutscene with all the other Xeno protagonists (minus Fei). As for why you fight her... You unlocked Shulk/Fiora by fighting a dinosaur. Why not unlock bonus characters in a more interesting way like fighting them directly?
Wait! She has a quest and a cutscene with all the Xeno protagonists? Holy crap that's awesome. I was so bummed Shulk and Fiora didn't get any quests to go with them much like the Torna blades. I was hoping that we'd see interaction between all 3 Xenoblade protagonists but I didn't think they would include KOS-MOS. Especially considering how rare KOS-MOS is to get. Man I really hope she gets officially revealed soon.

Soooooo
No XC2 Elma news today?
As of now no. Maybe Friday when they show off the Torna DLC.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This wait for XC2 and Elma is killliiiinnnnggggg meeeeeee!!!!!

I hate the fact that they don’t even tell when they’ll talk about it, like I didn’t even know Daimo X Machima had it’s gameplay revealed already.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475

Newcomers

Echoes
Newcomers
1. Isaac
2- Elma
3. Geno
4. Skull Kid

Echoes
1. Dixie Kong
2. Shadow
3. Isabelle/Ken

RandomAce

Smash Champion
NoA twitter reveals a new blade!

WE JUST NEED ELMA
Hold up, firstly, we got a MALE BLADE. You don’t know how few there are.

Now,
F9A1E94C-204B-4FB5-9359-81D62EDB7145.gif

MY DUDES, WE GONNA GET ELMA, AND THEY’RE SAVING HER FOR SOMETHING ELSE! ITS GONNA BE SMASH!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They still have to show XB2 gameplay proper tomorrow, and with it, officially announce 1.5.2.

Top Bottom