• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Are there any Kirby games (particularly featuring Bandana Dee) that released in November? I *think* Return to Dreamland was close to November if not actually November, and that marked the first game in which BD was playable.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yeah, I also believe he'll be there. That data is pretty telling since I'm pretty sure Daisy had a similar amiibo datamine. I suppose it'd make sense they could've just made him the November character based on process of elimination with everybody else representing an anniversary, but why wouldn't the leaker know about it?
Most real leakers don't really know everything from the get go, unless it is very dated info (like Gematsu, who also missed Rosalina) or it comes near the game's release, because very few people (and very trustworthy) know the full roster as for now.
That's why the majority of leaks that have all the characters as of now are most likely fake.

Are there any Kirby games (particularly featuring Bandana Dee) that released in November? I *think* Return to Dreamland was close to November if not actually November, and that marked the first game in which BD was playable.
Return to DreamLand came out in November in Europe. Also the remake of Kirby Super Star (the game were Bandana Dee actually debuted), Super Star Ultra (which can be considered the first game of Bandana Dee comeback since his role was expanded) was released in Japan in November.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Kirby Super Star Ultra came out in Japan on November 6th (even if it wasn't the first release of the game).

I did just find out thanks to the Smash subreddit that three leaks claim K. Rool will be revealed on July 9th, and one fills in the gap of a November character with both a Pokemon and Steve revealed on November 17th. Those are both just one day before Sun/Moon and Minecraft came out, so it fits but it's fishy because it's done in that riddle format that makes no sense for a real leaker to use.

Most real leakers don't really know everything from the get go, unless it is very dated info (like Gematsu, who also missed Rosalina) or it comes near the game's release, because very few people (and very trustworthy) know the full roster as for now.
That's why the majority of leaks that have all the characters as of now are most likely fake.
This is true. Rosalina was the first post-E3 newcomer shown off too, so gaps in knowledge can happen. It was just seeing how specific they knew the release dates were for every other character in this leak that has me suspicious.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna put any stock in that rumor. It reeks of fakenews™. I'd love to be wrong obviously.

Bringing up a completely unrelated matter, Xenoblade 2 should be getting a new update fairly soon (as in the next week or so)...hopefully the datamine will reveal more from the next update.

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
November’s could be Bandana Waddle Dee, and not tied to any particular release dates. Assuming of course this particular leak is true.

Either way I’m almost 100% positive BWD will be in, as a member made a video discussing some datamined Amiibo info
Datamined amiibo info? This interests me. Link, please?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm fairly convinced Dee will be in along with Geno, Decidueye, and K. Rool at the very least. Rex and Pyra would be nice too, but I wouldn't be opposed to Elma if she has an interesting moveset and isn't easy to spam like Bayonetta was prior to the patch.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
AAAAAHHHHHHH! So many Elma supporters, I love it!

It's so nice to see people wanting Elma in Smash!

And I feel if they are going to reveal Elma instead of leaving her as a secret, it probably would be just a few days from release

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PDaRyZhm-uA

Here you go (also tagging Nonno Umby Nonno Umby )

Properly linking stuff and using media tags is a ***** on mobile so not gonna bother with it lul
Thanks for this, this is very interesting. Especially Bandanna Dee not being in Dedede's final smash, that's really suspicious.

That's the one where he's announced on Monday, yeah? I do want Rool in the game mainly because it's overdue, but if his reveal confirms the leak, my reaction would be so much more hype than it would've been. Funnily enough, all of them match an anniversary date that lines up a little too well.

K. Rool / July 9th = Donkey Kong arcade release date
Isaac / August 1st = Golden Sun release date in Japan
Simon / September 26th = Castlevania NES release date in Japan
Saki / October 29th = Sin & Punishment Star Successor release date in Japan
Elma / December 5th = Xenoblade X release date in Australia and one day after America/Europe's release date

It's still sketchy because there is no mention of any Echo fighters, and they for some reason do not know of November's character. Sounds like they tried to line it all up but couldn't think of another character to include (even though Rayman has a perfectly good November release date for Origins, the game that revived the character, just as one example).

At least we'll know the truth very soon.
Yea, I've seen that. It may be fake, but I'm not gonna lie, I've been waiting for the 9th, lol. If K. Rool is announced on the 9th, I'll be so happy, because that means Elma will be in! But at the same time, if it's true, it will kinda ruin the surprise...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also, while I’d be ok with Saki, I don’t think he did even 1/3 as well as K. Rool did in the ballot. But that’s just me, I’ll reserve judgment for how he plays if he does happen

Personally I’d prefer a Chrom echo, since he was very high up in the ballot, and a trailer would serve for a nice “The day has finally come” moment.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Also, while I’d be ok with Saki, I don’t think he did even 1/3 as well as K. Rool did in the ballot. But that’s just me, I’ll reserve judgment for how he plays if he does happen

Personally I’d prefer a Chrom echo, since he was very high up in the ballot, and a trailer would serve for a nice “The day has finally come” moment.
I don't really care who gets added at this point other than Elma and Bandanna Dee tbh. I don't even know who Saki is, but it looks like they could be pretty unique.

I think having Chrom as an echo would be cool, tho I'm not too crazy about him. It'd certainly be a nice callback to Lucina and Robin's trailer tho

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Love the artwork, looks amazing.

Just want to remind people that getting one thing right doesn't confirm a leak. It's more promising when it's from a 'professional' leaker (you know, one of those regularly leaking ones) but sometimes people, especially those who don't care about their credibility, can get one snippet of less interesting information (or even make an educated guess) and try to make it bigger and better with their own additions for more attention. Even the 'pros' can be vulnerable to this if their source is a troll who's uses the correct information as bait.

Just...remain wary and don't build hopes you're not willing to risk the heartbreak.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The third gave Cross actual character and shipped him with Elma, I like it! (Well maybe not the shipping part.

Damn this artwork looks great! And someone told me there wasn’t any artwork for Elma.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Love the artwork, looks amazing.

Just want to remind people that getting one thing right doesn't confirm a leak. It's more promising when it's from a 'professional' leaker (you know, one of those regularly leaking ones) but sometimes people, especially those who don't care about their credibility, can get one snippet of less interesting information (or even make an educated guess) and try to make it bigger and better with their own additions for more attention. Even the 'pros' can be vulnerable to this if their source is a troll who's uses the correct information as bait.

Just...remain wary and don't build hopes you're not willing to risk the heartbreak.
A saying that I've heard is "once is chance, twice is coincidence, thrice is a pattern", and I think that basic logic applies to leaks very well. I'm not going to call Elma confirmed if K. Rool happens to be shown on Monday, especially when it was predicted by numerous sources and who knows which are piggybacking?

Plus, look back to Gematsu. Even legitimate insider information doesn't always pan out 100%, so I hope everyone else remains cautious while the speculation is still hot and with months to go.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Elma being revealed on December 5th would be... very underwhelming. We don't get the comfort of knowing she's confirmed in advance, we don't get the joy of unlocking her ourselves.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Elma being revealed on December 5th would be... very underwhelming. We don't get the comfort of knowing she's confirmed in advance, we don't get the joy of unlocking her ourselves.
Yea. Honestly, if they plan to announce her that late, I'd just rather them keep her as a secret character.
I want her to be announced in the next few months, or be a secret, that would be the ideal for me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At the same time, if that leak (somehow) turned out to be correct every other time, I’d feel pretty confident in Elma despite the wait.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
At the same time, if that leak (somehow) turned out to be correct every other time, I’d feel pretty confident in Elma despite the wait.
Me too. I mean, there's always the possibility it's just a lucky guess, but giving something as specific as an exact day and it turning out to be correct, could give a lot of credence to it.

I won't say Elma is 100% confirmed it it's true, but I think there's a really good chance that if it's true, Elma will be in Smash

I'm not expecting too much out of it tho. I think it's completely fake, other than the characters, who all seem likely, but it's not like that makes it any more believable. So Idk. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't have high hopes for this leak

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Wanna know why I want Elma even more than before I was thinking and I just released we don't have a brown skin character in Smash bros so that would be really cool if Elma would be the first.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Wanna know why I want Elma even more than before I was thinking and I just released we don't have a brown skin character in Smash bros so that would be really cool if Elma would be the first.
I hadn't thought of that before, but that would be really cool. An extra bit of diversity added to the roster would be nice! And it would be even cooler for Elma to be the first one!

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I hadn't thought of that before, but that would be really cool. An extra bit of diversity added to the roster would be nice! And it would be even cooler for Elma to be the first one!
Yeah it was just a little detail i notice when looking at his roster earlier on. We still posting art? if so here's a new one

GOD WE NEW NEED ARTWORK OF THIS GAL

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Can we not make this a booty thread, part of my distaste for 2 over X is that they cranked the sexualisation up to ****ing 11 12 20. X had some pretty meh costumes in that regard but at least the basics were normal.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Can we not make this a booty thread, part of my distaste for 2 over X is that they cranked the sexualisation up to ****ing 11 12 20. X had some pretty meh costumes in that regard but at least the basics were normal.
Nothing wrong with a character having a bit sex appeal.

ZelDan

Smash Master
There are a couple brown skin alts for Inklings (male one and female one) I believe. It would be neat to have a character that is mainly brown-skinned though, yeah.

Also I'd like to be an Elma supporter and be on the list. I really enjoyed XCX, and haven't played XC2, so that plus me not really liking some of the character designs in XC2 makes Elma my most desired xenoblade newcomer.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
...if it's a part of their character sure. I sure as hell don't mind Bayonetta.

Giving Lin sex appeal has everything wrong with it.
Oh, of course, it always did rub me off the wrong way with the whole Lin costume controversy. I'm just talking about Elma

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Oh, of course, it always did rub me off the wrong way with the whole Lin costume controversy. I'm just talking about Elma
I happen to disagree that sex appeal is at all a part of Elma's character but I'm happy to leave that argument alone.

Last edited:

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
I like that X had the choice for it, there's options for sexy outfits from the tasteful to the absurd. I like 2 but damn that game was cranked up to 100 from the beginning and went in to overdrive with some of the rare blades. And I do think Elma does have a degree of sex appeal as part of her character, but it's pretty tasteful all around.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Speaking about music does anyone else love the theme during:

Elma's true identity being revealed it sounds so mysterious but i love it

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
There are a couple brown skin alts for Inklings (male one and female one) I believe. It would be neat to have a character that is mainly brown-skinned though, yeah.

Also I'd like to be an Elma supporter and be on the list. I really enjoyed XCX, and haven't played XC2, so that plus me not really liking some of the character designs in XC2 makes Elma my most desired xenoblade newcomer.
Welcome to the team! Congratulations, you are the 50th supporter! :)

Can we make it to 100? Actually, we're missing quite a few notable members! ( Nonno Umby Nonno Umby , MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion , Fierymew Fierymew , PSIGuy PSIGuy , etc.) Anybody wanna join the list?

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Speaking about music does anyone else love the theme during

Elma's true identity being revealed it sounds so ominous but i love it
Wow, I've never actually taken the time to listen to that song before, that's beautiful.
I'd rather Sakurai not spoil the game, but if he slipped that song into Xenoblade X's stage, I wouldn't mind

Can we make it to 100? Actually, we're missing quite a few notable members! ( Nonno Umby Nonno Umby , MoonlitIllusion MoonlitIllusion , Fierymew Fierymew , PSIGuy PSIGuy , etc.) Anybody wanna join the list?
50 supporters now? That's awesome! Here's to another 50 more!!!
Also, I wasn't already a part of the list!?
Sign me UP!!!

EchoAegis

Need time to think?

Can we make it to 100?
Wow, 50 supporters pretty cool and hell yeah we can reach up to 100 by this rate.

And I do think Elma does have a degree of sex appeal as part of her character, but it's pretty tasteful all around.
That's what I should have said In the first place my bad guys :(

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice

I'd love for this to become one of the big boy character request threads, also, I made a mock-up moveset if you want to add that to the OP.
actually i'd really love it if you did :]
I've edited it a bit since I last posted it.

Passive: Tension Points, doing damage and using specials will give you TP up to 100, slower than Limit but better pay-off, explained on down-b.

Burst fire: Some moves will use her guns, in each move the bullets of the gun are relatively the same, it's a short burst of rapid fire shots that do no knockback, low damage, and high range. It's used to rack up damage safely which aids in TP gain. Similar to Fox laser/Bayo bullet arts, has a projectile speed unlike Bayo but faster than Fox.

Neutral-B: Violent Streak, like a Dancing Blade with guns. Walks forward while going through the motions with each hit doing a burst fire, each gun hit combos in the next with a final hit that does decent knockback.

Side-B Sliding Stinger, a bit like Bayo's side-b without the kick up and faster movement and less end-lag, the burst fire is sustained throughout the move. Doing this in the air will make Elma do the move head-first with guns stretched out passed her head, same speed and still goes straight horizontal.

Up-B: Shadowstrike, like how it is in XCX except the jump is a lot higher and worked in to the first hit. Different from other jump-then-dive recoveries like Cloud/Ike because the dive is diagonal.

Down-B: Blood Sacrifice/Activate Overdrive, damage yourself for 30% to gain 30 TP, 100 TP required to activate overdrive, percentage cost reduced if less than 30 needed e.g. you have 80 TP down-b will damage you for 20%. During Overdrive all specials can be cancelled by another special and have drastically reduced start-up and end-lag for 12 seconds. Using Blood Sacrifice during Overdrive will result in an energy explosion, dealing large damage and shield damage in a relatively small hitbox around Elma and dealing 30% damage to her, strong game finisher where the large percent cost won't matter.

Jab: First hit with hilt, second with blade of other, rapid jab is done with kicks, or gentleman with both blades slashing in an X.

Down-tilt: Slashes both swords across the ground very quickly, combo at low percents. 2 hits.

Forward-tilt: Quickly swings gun forward and burst fires. Auto-combos in to a hit with the other gun with another bullet burst.

Up-tilt: Quick roundhouse kick upward, high vertical hitbox.

Nair: Sex kick with relatively low duration, combos in to down-tilt at low percents

Fair: Slash vertically, starting low and swinging high, great for shortstop attacks, auto-cancelled and low landing lag.

Bair: Stab both blades behind, decent range.

Dair: Spin upside down with both guns out stretched to the side, shoot horizontally forward and backward.

Uair: Swing gun upward and across, burst fires in an arc up, hitting with the gun is a good juggle tool.

Grab: One hand out stretched.

Pummel: Fast but weak, beat with hilt of sword.

Forward throw: Throw forward and shoot the the enemy with both guns. (Mewtwo-ish)

Back throw: Throw back and slash them away.

Down throw: Kick down, can be comboed in to fair at low percents.

Up throw: Throw up and slash 3 times, kill throw at 150% on most stages.

Forward smash: Jump forward with 2 slashes downward, unsafe but large hitboxes.

Down smash: Swing both guns down on either side, hitting with one of the guns is strong with almost entirely horizontal knockback, burst fire does more damage based on smash charge. Guns are angled down so burst fire hits the ground after a few feet.

Up-smash: Cartwheel kick upward followed by two rising sword slashes.

Rolls and air dodges have unique visuals based on Ghost Factory, leaving trails of transparent fake Elmas.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Down-B: Blood Sacrifice/Activate Overdrive, damage yourself for 30% to gain 30 TP, 100 TP required to activate overdrive, percentage cost reduced if less than 30 needed e.g. you have 80 TP down-b will damage you for 20%. During Overdrive all specials can be cancelled by another special and have drastically reduced start-up and end-lag for 12 seconds. Using Blood Sacrifice during Overdrive will result in an energy explosion, dealing large damage and shield damage in a relatively small hitbox around Elma and dealing 30% damage to her, strong game finisher where the large percent cost won't matter.
My god that would be such a unique and awesome move. Great idea

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I just notice were in the top 15 in most posts in the newcomer's speculation kinda cool to see were quite vocal on this site.

I think some people are underestimating Elma popularity quite a lot.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I just notice were in the top 15 in most posts in the newcomer's speculation kinda cool to see were quite vocal on this site.

I think some people are underestimating Elma popularity quite a lot.
Honestly, I've been underestimating Elma's popularity quite a bit too.
As much as I love her, I didn't think that many people actually cared about her, and even less people wanted her in Smash.

It's so nice to see at least 50 people, plus everyone else I've talked too, support her being in Smash.
And even if nearly all of the leaks are fake, and most of them are just jumping on a bandwagon, it's still nice to see all this speculation of Elma getting in Ultimate!

Top Bottom