• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Count me in! The fact we haven’t seen her as an assist trophy is reassuring!!
Yay a new Elma supporter!!!
I will be so mad if Elma is assist trophy.
And yea, if I saw Elma as an assist trophy, I would legitimately be upset

If she doesn't make it into the game. Oh well
But if she's only an assist trophy I will flip out. In a bad way.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
I am hoping we get another Shulk situation, where this time Elma's VA, Caitlin Glass, announces on social media that she's working on something "big" video game related. Would really throw some major points in favor of Elma getting in.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I’m happy that Elma has been getting so much support lately.

We’re at 50+ supporters now which is huge jump from the end of last year where Elma was considered dead.

I think our girl deserves to get in.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Oh man not gonna lie if Elma got announced as a assist trophy you would not believe how mad i would be. On the topic about assist trophies would you want Tatsu as one so we can punch him up so much.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I am hoping we get another Shulk situation, where this time Elma's VA, Caitlin Glass, announces on social media that she's working on something "big" video game related. Would really throw some major points in favor of Elma getting in.
The only evidence I've seen is, iirc, she was asked if she was going to be in Smash, and she said "I don't know" Instead of something like "I haven't heard anything about it" Like Pyra's VA did.
That's not very good evidence, but it's something ig.

I’m happy that Elma has been getting so much support lately.

We’re at 50+ supporters now which is huge jump from the end of last year where Elma was considered dead.

I think our girl deserves to get in.
She definitely deserves it, and I'm so glad to see that she has a chance, and see other people agree with me

Oh man not gonna lie if Elma got announced as a assist trophy you would not believe how mad i would be. On the topic about assist trophies would you want Tatsu as one so we can punch him up so much.
Oh I know how mad you'd be, I'd feel the same way.
Meh, I don't mind Tatsu. And I don't even know what he would do as an assist trophy

Though I just thought of a funny AT. What if Lin was an assist trophy, and she put a random fighter into her cooking pot? Lol

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Wasn't mad when Takamaru got announce as a assist trophy if Daisy wasn't playable I will feel a different way. Thats why my name was Takasmash because I was for sure he was the next retro for smash ultimate wonder why Sakurai change his mind? If Rayman in smash my roster is complete I wont care whose a fighter. Who will not want a hot anime alien waifu I sure do never play XBX.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I just notice were in the top 15 in most posts in the newcomer's speculation kinda cool to see were quite vocal on this site.

I think some people are underestimating Elma popularity quite a lot.
Her popularity has really skyrocketed ever since Sakurai's column, and Source Gaming's translation. Even after they corrected it and said late 2015 was his first draft rather the final, the timing just feels so right, and I think plenty of people are feeling the same way.

Last edited:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Honestly, I've been underestimating Elma's popularity quite a bit too.
As much as I love her, I didn't think that many people actually cared about her, and even less people wanted her in Smash.

It's so nice to see at least 50 people, plus everyone else I've talked too, support her being in Smash.
And even if nearly all of the leaks are fake, and most of them are just jumping on a bandwagon, it's still nice to see all this speculation of Elma getting in Ultimate!

Hmm I never considered Elma a bandwagon character. Though I guess with the new famitsu column I can see how some people would flock to her simply because of the timing.

I do have to ask though how many people like Elma for her character. I know a lot of people complained about her personality around the time of X's release. Personally I thought she was great in X because of her straight forward character, but I can see why people wouldn't be fans.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I never considered Elma a bandwagon character. Though I guess with the new famitsu column I can see how some people would flock to her simply because of the timing.

I do have to ask though how many people like Elma for her character. I know a lot of people complained about her personality around the time of X's release. Personally I thought she was great in X because of her straight forward character, but I can see why people wouldn't be fans.
Yea, a lot of people think she's boring and bland. Probably just not the kind of character they like tho.
And also, they probably didn't do all the heart to hearts and affinity missions. A lot of the characters can feel one note and bland if you don't take the time to do all the side content.

Also Elma is a way better character than anyone in XC2 could ever hope to be don't @ me

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I LOVE Elma! She's strong, level-headed, direct, and manages to be kind hearted and optimistic without letting it cloud her judgement.

She also has a deadpan sense of humor, which I love, although it doesn't show itself often. I remember during one of her heart-to-hearts, she asks what your favorite kind of pet is and your choices are "dog" "cat" and "Elma." If you choose "Elma" she says that your brain must be malfunctioning and threatens to open your head and clean out your skull. Of course, Elma being Elma, you can't tell if she's joking or not.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

I've said it before, Xs strength was not really its story and characters, but Elma wasn't one of those dragging it down. While I personally don't think she's a mind blowing or even necessarily a standout character among all video game characters I still think she's a good character and represents a truly standout and amazing game with an excellent and deep combat system that would translate awesomely to Smash.

I love XCX, not Elma specifically, but Elma is an important part of X and the best way to bring it to Smash.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
While I always found the idea of "Rex & Pyra" as a playable character half boring, half sexy. I was set on the idea that it was bound to happen because they would want to represent the last Xenoblade.
But after the last events and findings, like the reveal of Smash Ultimate closing on its planning phase on 2015, it seems now that Elma has the upper hand and growing fan support. Which Im quite ok with.
And Im gonna be honest here. I want to play with Elma just to pretend she is a Phantasy Star Online character. Boy do I miss that game!.

P. S. Xenoblade Chronicles X is the one game of Wii U I need to return to.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
While I always found the idea of "Rex & Pyra" as a playable character half boring, half sexy. I was set on the idea that it was bound to happen because they would want to represent the last Xenoblade.
But after the last events and findings, like the reveal of Smash Ultimate closing on its planning phase on 2015, it seems now that Elma has the upper hand and growing fan support. Which Im quite ok with.
And Im gonna be honest here. I want to play with Elma just to pretend she is a Phantasy Star Online character. Boy do I miss that game!.

P. S. Xenoblade Chronicles X is the one game of Wii U I need to return to.
Same. I was hoping for Elma since the Inkling reveal, but I had always figured that it would be Rex and Pyra instead, or both Elma and Rex/Pyra

But now I think that either, we won't get a new Xenoblade rep, or we'll get Elma in the base roster.
Of course either way Rex and Pyra will most likely be DLC

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
Add me to the supporter list as well! I've had this thread on watch since Smash Ultimate was announced, but unfortunately did not receive notifications for it so of course I had to binge read it.

Elma is one of my favorite Nintendo characters and although, I might've thought it'd be hard to incorporate a dual wielding character back in the Smash 4 days, Bayonetta has debunked that.

Arsh99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arsh99
I happen to disagree that sex appeal is at all a part of Elma's character but I'm happy to leave that argument alone.
I'm usually against sex appeal in video games when it's really just there for fan service and when other characters gush over it and make another character uncomfortable (ie. Ringabel and Edea from Bravely Default). I used to think Bayonetta was a game that revolved around fan service, but after playing it its clear that Bayonetta radiates confidence in her appearance and her sexual nature is really just for her own fun. Of course I don't think its a staple of Elma's character, but she is just such a high authoritative, confident, and powerful character that I could see her dressing sexy for her own sake if she wanted to and a few of the many costumes in the game could reflect that. I do also think that the costume you unlock for her at the end of the game is really just impratical even though I absolutely love her hair like that.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the supporter list as well! I've had this thread on watch since Smash Ultimate was announced, but unfortunately did not receive notifications for it so of course I had to binge read it.

Elma is one of my favorite Nintendo characters and although, I might've thought it'd be hard to incorporate a dual wielding character back in the Smash 4 days, Bayonetta has debunked that.
Ayyyyy! Welcome to the Elma supporters!

I hope you enjoyed going through all the messages, there's a lot of stuff to read

I'm usually against sex appeal in video games when it's really just there for fan service and when other characters gush over it and make another character uncomfortable (ie. Ringabel and Edea from Bravely Default). I used to think Bayonetta was a game that revolved around fan service, but after playing it its clear that Bayonetta radiates confidence in her appearance and her sexual nature is really just for her own fun. Of course I don't think its a staple of Elma's character, but she is just such a high authoritative, confident, and powerful character that I could see her dressing sexy for her own sake if she wanted to and a few of the many costumes in the game could reflect that. I do also think that the costume you unlock for her at the end of the game is really just impratical even though I absolutely love her hair like that.
That's true. Elma isn't sexualized for the sake of sex appeal, she's only sexy in the eyes of those who already think she is, and those who put her in the sexy outfits.

But like you said, Elma's the type of gal who would be confident in those clothes, unlike someone like Pyra, who's personality fits much better with something like a hoodie or something, just more concealed clothing.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
If any music had to be used for Elma reveal trailer for me it has to be Mira Theme
God i love it

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
I came up with a stage, and yes I know my art skills are amazing, the stage is supposed to be symmetrical. Although Primordia is the most iconic location for XCX, I didn't want anything that was even remotely similar to Gaur Plain since one of the biggest selling points of Xenoblade are the amazing locations. I also wanted it to make the use of hazard toggle so I made it with a hazard and a unique platform structure for when hazards are off. There are so many choices for what could be the music on this stage that really it could be anything, of course NO.EX01 would be most fitting, or a remix of the Sylvalum theme more fit for combat.

Also I wanted to make sure that the Noctilucent Sphere is in regardless since it's the most eye-catching landmark in Sylvalum. Anyway, I present to you Zu Pharg or Sylvalum or something.

trueart.png

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
And that's 700 posts, not bad for a character people considered dead. What will come first, I wonder? 1,000 posts in this thread, or the next newcomer reveal? Nintendo knows how to keep us guessing.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
If any music had to be used for Elma reveal trailer for me it has to be Mira Theme
God i love it
Either that, or Uncontrollable. I'm conflicted as to which one would be better for a Smash reveal, both would be really cool.
And I mean, she's rumored to be announced in December, so if that's the case, Uncontrollable would be a good fit

I came up with a stage, and yes I know my art skills are amazing, the stage is supposed to be symmetrical. Although Primordia is the most iconic location for XCX, I didn't want anything that was even remotely similar to Gaur Plain since one of the biggest selling points of Xenoblade are the amazing locations. I also wanted it to make the use of hazard toggle so I made it with a hazard and a unique platform structure for when hazards are off. There are so many choices for what could be the music on this stage that really it could be anything, of course NO.EX01 would be most fitting, or a remix of the Sylvalum theme more fit for combat.

Also I wanted to make sure that the Noctilucent Sphere is in regardless since it's the most eye-catching landmark in Sylvalum. Anyway, I present to you Zu Pharg or Sylvalum or something.

View attachment 152375
I like that idea, but imo having Zu Pharg would just clutter up the screen. I'd rather have something open, where you can see the beautiful landscape. Or maybe it could be a traveling stage, and this is just one part where the platform stops at? That would be my favorite option.

And that's 700 posts, not bad for a character people considered dead. What will come first, I wonder? 1,000 posts in this thread, or the next newcomer reveal? Nintendo knows how to keep us guessing.
Yes, there's quite a lot of posts here. I never knew just how beloved Elma is, I love to see all this love for her.
And, I don't know. We're supposed to get a newcomer sometime this month according to the leaks, so going under the assumption that they are somehow true, we may see a newcomer before 1,000 posts.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
We're supposed to get a newcomer sometime this month according to the leaks, so going under the assumption that they are somehow true, we may see a newcomer before 1,000 posts.
I think all the rumors are saying King K Rool is next to be revealed but i think the rumor started on 4Chan so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Also we should listen to Elma's advice more often it speaks great wisdom

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I think all the rumors are saying King K Rool is next to be revealed but i think the rumor started on 4Chan so take it with a huge grain of salt.

Also we should listen to Elma's advice more often it speaks great wisdom
Oh yea. Of course I take it with a huge grain of salt. I was just saying if it is true. And even if it's true or not, I still think we may see a new fighter this month.
That's assuming that we get a new reveal each month, which may or may not happen, idk.

According to Kimishima, Nintendo still has a lineup of un-announced games. Maybe soon we could see a Direct on them, and what if one of those games is a XCX port? And after that that's when we get the reveal that Elma is in Smash?

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I've said it before, Xs strength was not really its story and characters, but Elma wasn't one of those dragging it down. While I personally don't think she's a mind blowing or even necessarily a standout character among all video game characters I still think she's a good character and represents a truly standout and amazing game with an excellent and deep combat system that would translate awesomely to Smash.

I love XCX, not Elma specifically, but Elma is an important part of X and the best way to bring it to Smash.
Yeah, I'm kinda in the same park. Elma as a character doesn't really stand out much to me because she's like always in that job mentality, and doesn't have much characteristics and quirks to really have the player get to know who she is on a deeper level. I feel like we only have a very surface level understanding of Elma, and I would like a sequel to dive deeper into her character.

That said, why I like Elma for Smash is what she represents. She essentially represents Hiroyuki Sawano's first game soundtrack, and I'm a HUGE fan of his. I've been supporting his various works with anime, live action movies and dramas for years, and have long wanted him to work on my favorite medium: video games. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM

My eyes opened so wide when Sawano's name showed up with the drop at :33 second mark. While X may not have had the best sound direction, it was still a good OST through and through, and I think some of the blood pumping action songs would work more wonders in Smash Bros.

Also, Caitlin Glass, Elma's VA, is a very beautiful person. Just like Vic Mignogna, she is very open about her Christian faith, and I find it very moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSwBm0Bg04Q

Caitlin (Elma) and Vic singing "Shout out to the lord." T_T

Also, Elma is a darker skinned female human character that would set her apart from other characters from the Smash cast, and have her relate better with another subset of the Smash Bros. audience. Even on a surface level, there is a lot to like about Elma, plus she's got future potential in her with an X-2 having been name dropped by Xenoblade's director as something he wants to make happen.

While Isaac is my number one most wanted, I think Elma would be the only other character that would make me feel a rush of happiness if she were made playable for Smash Bros. Ultimate for her own unique reasons.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Oh yea. Of course I take it with a huge grain of salt. I was just saying if it is true. And even if it's true or not, I still think we may see a new fighter this month.
That's assuming that we get a new reveal each month, which may or may not happen, idk
Oh of course I totally believe your a smart guy not to fall for that **** sorry if my message came out like you are gullible :(

According to Kimishima, Nintendo still has a lineup of un-announced games. Maybe soon we could see a Direct on them, and what if one of those games is a XCX port? And after that that's when we get the reveal that Elma is in Smash?
Hopefully we get a reveal soon because the 2018 Switch lineup has honestly been disappointing so far for me at least. I'm ready to put over 200 hours in my favorite game again and play as the best bae :love:

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Hopefully we get a reveal soon becuase the 2018 Switch lineup has honestly been disappointing so far for me at least. I'm ready to put over 200 hours in my favorite game again and play as the best bae :love:
Personally, there's still plenty coming for somebody with as little disposable income as me. Not having Fire Emblem this year is a bummer, but I've got Octopath Traveler coming in a few days, and I'll happily snatch up Okami, Skullgirls and Warframe.

I also feel like the announcement of a new Mario Party that takes the series back to its roots and has (some) online multiplayer should've generated a lot more hype than it did. I guess that's what happens when you get revealed at the same time as Smash.

Last edited:

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Personally, there's still plenty coming for somebody with as little disposable income as me. Not having Fire Emblem this year is a bummer, but I've got Octopath Traveler coming in a few days, and I'll happily snatch up Okami, Skullgirls and Warframe.

I also feel like the announcement of a new Mario Party that takes the series back to its roots and has (some) online multiplayer should've generated a lot more hype than it did. I guess that's what happens when you get revealed at the same time as Smash.
Octopath looks good it's on my list as well. Maybe its the salt talking but Mario Tennis Aces was complete ass some of the game design choices hold back a very well made game but it baffles me how rushed it feels. So that's probably why I'm disappointed with the lineup so far

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Oh of course I totally believe your a smart guy not to fall for that **** sorry if my message came out like you are gullible :(

Hopefully we get a reveal soon because the 2018 Switch lineup has honestly been disappointing so far for me at least. I'm ready to put over 200 hours in my favorite game again and play as the best bae :love:
Oh, you don't have to apologize, you're fine. If anything, my reply might have come off as a little too hostile. My bad.

And yea, I fully believe we'll be getting X on the Switch announced soon. I think it will come out sometime next year, and I am going to sink in 200 hours into X again, and more!
And while we're on the topic of an X port, I did find a leak saying an X port will be announced this year, along with some other things. I find it difficult to believe, but here it it, if you wanna check it out

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/421117367/#421117367

And yea, I've been a tiny bit dissappointed in Nintendo's lineup as well. Not enough to really grab my attention tbh. Kirby and AOT 2 came out early this year, and Ys 8 just came out on Switch, but overall those are fairly smaller titles.

But if and when the release X on Switch, I’ll love this system forever! And even moreso if Elma gets in Smash

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
Oh, you don't have to apologize, you're fine. If anything, my reply might have come off as a little too hostile. My bad.

And yea, I fully believe we'll be getting X on the Switch announced soon. I think it will come out sometime next year, and I am going to sink in 200 hours into X again, and more!
And while we're on the topic of an X port, I did find a leak saying an X port will be announced this year, along with some other things. I find it difficult to believe, but here it it, if you wanna check it out

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/421117367/#421117367

And yea, I've been a tiny bit dissappointed in Nintendo's lineup as well. Not enough to really grab my attention tbh. Kirby and AOT 2 came out early this year, and Ys 8 just came out on Switch, but overall those are fairly smaller titles.

But if and when the release X on Switch, I’ll love this system forever! And even moreso if Elma gets in Smash
Honestly the leak sounds quite realistic it could have some truth to it. I guess we can just wait and see if it's true.

Also question for all here, If a Xenoblade X port is announced what is the most wanted change for the game you would want? For me it would have to be increase the god damn size of the text font, way too small. Imagine playing portable mode with the original size.

Also you weren't hostile at all so it's cool :cheep:

Last edited:

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
If Xenoblade X gets announced for Switch, finally the shackles of the Wii U will be released, I can unplug it AND the GamePad AC adapter and never think about the Wii U again. I have my Wii U still set up because I still regularly play Xenoblade X, it's a surprisingly good game for short session gaming (which is why it'd be perfect on Switch). I essentially have a top 5 games of all time, all of them are my favourites at different times depending on moods, and XCX is in there, it's also the only one out of the 5 that isn't a definitive edition, remaster, or superior port of an original release. I'd LOVE that to change if I can get an ever better version of XCX.
Also question for all here, If a Xenoblade X port is announced what is the most wanted change for the game you would want? For me it would have to be increase the good damn size of the text font, way too small. Imagine playing portable mode with the original size.
I played XCX almost exclusively in GamePad mode, the font definitely took some getting used to! But the change that I think would change the game for the best would be a built in journal that shows where exactly you can find any previously found collectable or fought enemy, down to the segment.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Honestly the leak sounds quite realistic it could have some truth to it. I guess we can just wait and see if it's true.

Also question for all here, If a Xenoblade X port is announced what is the most wanted change for the game you would want? For me it would have to be increase the good damn size of the text font, way too small. Imagine playing portable mode with the original size.

Also you weren't hostile at all so it's cool :cheep:
Idk how realistic it is, but we only have 2 more days to find out.

Of course a text size change is important, and something to help keep track of where certain items are would be great too.
But other than that, I think the option to hide head gear on specific characters would be neat. I want to be able to see the character's face, but to do that, I had to give them like, small head accessories for fashion gear. I'd just like their head fashion gear to be nothing, and not show the real armor underneath.

And, I know there's an option to turn off headgear for everyone, but I just want to have everyone's faces revealed, while still having my cool headgear on you know?

It's a small and pretty much meaningless thing, but it would be nice

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
And, I know there's an option to turn off headgear for everyone, but I just want to have everyone's faces revealed, while still having my cool headgear on you know?

It's a small and pretty much meaningless thing, but it would be nice
I wouldn't say it meaningless at all great suggestion. I quite picky when it comes to cosmetic changes myself.

built in journal that shows where exactly you can find any previously found collectable or fought enemy, down to the segment.
Oh yes good idea. Love the idea of having a journal would be great for the any completionist out there.

Another change I would want is a better sound mixer this time around. It was quite bad sometimes couldn't even hear dialogue during certain cutscenes.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say it meaningless at all great suggestion. I quite picky when it comes to cosmetic changes myself.

Oh yes good idea. Love the idea of having a journal would be great for the any completionist out there.

Another change I would want is a better sound mixer this time around. It was quite bad sometimes couldn't even hear dialogue during certain cutscenes.
Yea, I can get real picky with cosmetic stuff, to the point where I'll pass on better armor for the armor I like better in some games, lol.
I even did that in X for a long time, until I learned about fashion gear.

And yes, better sound mixing would be nice. It's always annoying when the music is louder than the characters themselves. Or at least give us some option in the menu to customize how loud the voices and music is.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Octopath looks good it's on my list as well. Maybe its the salt talking but Mario Tennis Aces was complete *** some of the game design choices hold back a very well made game but it baffles me how rushed it feels. So that's probably why I'm disappointed with the lineup so far
By "design choices" do you mean "Bowser Jr."?

If Xenoblade X gets announced for Switch, finally the shackles of the Wii U will be released, I can unplug it AND the GamePad AC adapter and never think about the Wii U again. I have my Wii U still set up because I still regularly play Xenoblade X, it's a surprisingly good game for short session gaming (which is why it'd be perfect on Switch). I essentially have a top 5 games of all time, all of them are my favourites at different times depending on moods, and XCX is in there, it's also the only one out of the 5 that isn't a definitive edition, remaster, or superior port of an original release. I'd LOVE that to change if I can get an ever better version of XCX.
Eh, I'd still hold onto my Wii U if only for Mario 3D World and a few of my eshop games.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I’m keeping my Wii U for my Donkey Kong 64 and Smash4. Also, speaking of the new Mario Party, I’m ecstatic that both Donkey and Diddy Kong are in! Also if they port X I hope they make the subtitles font bigger!

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Xenoblade Chronicles X is a wonderful game with a wonderful soundtrack and a wonderful world. The game had an interesting premise and concept but the story was serviceable at best but it was made up for within all of the side missions that were actually interesting.

Good game, absolutely. Would take Elma over any Xenoblade 2 character easily. I unironically want the song Black Tar in Smash.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
By "design choices" do you mean "Bowser Jr."?

Eh, I'd still hold onto my Wii U if only for Mario 3D World and a few of my eshop games.
I'll hang onto my wii u mostly cause it still plays wii games and they look better on it, plus I'm not planning on rebuying any ports apart from Xenoblade, at least not anytime soon. And I just realised that if it does get ported that means Xenoblade X portable which is gonna be wild.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm keeping my Wii U because I, uh, like it?

The Switch ports are nice for people who skipped the Wii U, but their very existence doesn't somehow invalidate what I already own. The only Wii U game I've repurchased for the Switch was MK8, but that had a significant upgrade besides "now it's on the go".

It's staying under my living room TV until the next console generation, at least. I don't feel like paying full price to replay these games on a console that doesn't have my VC content or Wii library.

Top Bottom