• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
Woops someone else linked it, but yeah, it's a really awesome addition to the game.

Last edited:

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Woops someone else linked it, but yeah, it's a really awesome addition to the game.
It really is, I never really liked stage hazards, they were kinda alright as a kid, but nowadays I don't care for them. I still might sometimes leave them on when playing with friends, for the chaos factor tho.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It really is, I never really liked stage hazards, they were kinda alright as a kid, but nowadays I don't care for them. I still might sometimes leave them on when playing with friends, for the chaos factor tho.
Sad thing is the lack of Metal Face won't make Gaur Plain much better. It's got an awkward layout, even in 8 player, so I'll end up just using the Battlefield/Omega versions. I hope the X stage would still be fun to play in its original form.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Sad thing is the lack of Metal Face won't make Gaur Plain much better. It's got an awkward layout, even in 8 player, so I'll end up just using the Battlefield/Omega versions. I hope the X stage would still be fun to play in its original form.
Yea, I hope so too. It would be so disappointing if I had to play the X stage in it's battlefield form all the time, but either way, at least there would be great music.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I mean, if any stage had obnoxious stage hazards that kept interrupting your 1 v1 fight... it'd be a Xenoblade X stage. Oops, accidentally nicked a Xe-dom/Milesaur with a stray rifle shot there, guess that's a wipe.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hi everyone, count me in as a supporter, I'd love to see her in Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean, if any stage had obnoxious stage hazards that kept interrupting your 1 v1 fight... it'd be a Xenoblade X stage. Oops, accidentally nicked a Xe-dom/Milesaur with a stray rifle shot there, guess that's a wipe.
I see your Xe-dom and I raise you a Trueno, The Cataclysm

I swear that thing has a gigantic hitbox, one long range Art at any monster on the edge of the crater’s rim and when the music changes you know you’re ****ed! Made exploring that one area in Cauldros a nightmare

I think I now have a better idea for a stage hazard than Endbringer... :troll:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Man...i haven't been on smashboards since Smash 4 came out. I guess i can't live without some Smash speculation.
Anyway count me in as a supporter. I had Elma on my wishlist for Smash 4 Dlc (even if it was unlikely but a man can dream right?) and now...
well who knows. Her chances might be better than i thought. Even if most of those "leaks" are probably fake im still pleasently surprised on how many "leaks" you can find Elma. So yeah. I'm in.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Man...i haven't been on smashboards since Smash 4 came out. I guess i can't live without some Smash speculation.
Anyway count me in as a supporter. I had Elma on my wishlist for Smash 4 Dlc (even if it was unlikely but a man can dream right?) and now...
well who knows. Her chances might be better than i thought. Even if most of those "leaks" are probably fake im still pleasently surprised on how many "leaks" you can find Elma. So yeah. I'm in.
Well, welcome back. I didn't actually support Elma back in the Smash 4 DLC days, I was all about Shantae, but now Elma actually has a really good chance, and that makes me really excited.
And it is nice to see all the "leaks" about her. And even if they are fake, the fact that anyone's predicting her at all is cool, and makes me think that maybe, just maybe, there's some truth to it, you know? Like, most of them are just bandwagoning on the leak train, but I do think that it's possible that at least one might be real. But of course, there's no way we can know, we'll just have to wait and see.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Well, welcome back. I didn't actually support Elma back in the Smash 4 DLC days, I was all about Shantae, but now Elma actually has a really good chance, and that makes me really excited.
And it is nice to see all the "leaks" about her. And even if they are fake, the fact that anyone's predicting her at all is cool, and makes me think that maybe, just maybe, there's some truth to it, you know? Like, most of them are just bandwagoning on the leak train, but I do think that it's possible that at least one might be real. But of course, there's no way we can know, we'll just have to wait and see.
I was a Shantae-Supporter too back then (and still am). Anyway, yeah its pretty much like you said. Who knows whats gonna happen until Smash Ultimate comes out.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
I was a Shantae-Supporter too back then (and still am). Anyway, yeah its pretty much like you said. Who knows whats gonna happen until Smash Ultimate comes out.
I still do want Shantae, but it doesn't seem all that likely, but if we were to get an indie rep, I would want it to be her.
Now, the only character I really want in Smash is Elma. Lesser characters would be Bandanna Dee, and Shantae, but as long as Elma gets in, I'll be happy.
And even on the chance she doesn't get in, I'll still be happy with the game, Sakurai has brought back literally every character, and we have more content in this game than in any other Smash game, I can't complain about that, it's incredible. I'm not gonna dislike the game just because a character I want didn't get in.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
You can add me to the support list. I love the Xenoblade series and while I preferred 2 to X, I think Elma is a much more interesting character than Rex. Out of all the characters with a realistic chance to get in, I would probably put Elma in my top 5 most wanted. The only character I'd want over her from Xenoblade is Nia/Dromarch but I don't think there's any chance of that so Elma would be the next best thing.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Even if there were monthly reveals, I have a feeling we won't be able to get through all the remaining newcomers before launch, barring a huge info dump. So if we got secret fighters like in Brawl and 4, would you believe that Elma might be among them?

A theory I thought of was newcomers not tied to the ballot could be who are left secret until after launch to ensure the infrequent reveals are always hype. These could be characters who Sakurai personally picked for relevance like Elma was back in 2015, retro/WTF surprises, etc.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Would they also avoid showing off any original franchise content tied to those characters (music, stages, enemies) etc? That'd make the wait until December unbearable. But it'd be amazing to see the reversal in attitudes from supporters/haters once people start uploading screenshots of the hidden unlocks. The wind blows hard in December indeed.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Would they also avoid showing off any original franchise content tied to those characters (music, stages, enemies) etc? That'd make the wait until December unbearable. But it'd be amazing to see the reversal in attitudes from supporters/haters once people start uploading screenshots of the hidden unlocks. The wind blows hard in December indeed.
Anything like it that could hint at the character definitely wouldn't show up, so it would be unbearable. But think about leaks that come from review copies and broken street dates. Those now mean all those surprises you were meant to get from unlocking are now spoiled. That'd really make the wait until December awful when you have to avoid so much of the Internet you'd been browsing the past few months.

But the shock of seeing a surprise character... I haven't gotten a feeling like it since I first unlocked characters in Melee as a Smash newbie all those years ago. It'd be so worth it if I can avoid spoilers.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Anything like it that could hint at the character definitely wouldn't show up, so it would be unbearable. But think about leaks that come from review copies and broken street dates. Those now mean all those surprises you were meant to get from unlocking are now spoiled. That'd really make the wait until December awful when you have to avoid so much of the Internet you'd been browsing the past few months.

But the shock of seeing a surprise character... I haven't gotten a feeling like it since I first unlocked characters in Melee as a Smash newbie all those years ago. It'd be so worth it if I can avoid spoilers.
UGH. I've been thinking about this and I'm conflicted. On one hand, It'd be super cool to see an awesome Elma reveal, but on the other hand, like you, I haven't felt the rush of unlocking a secret fighter in so long, and if it was Elma, that would blow my mind even more.

And if she was leaked or shown before hand, it would make the wait for getting her even more unbearable, but at least I'd have the comfort in knowing that I could actually unlock her Idk. Either way, I'd be super happy with it.

And, I like the idea of non ballot related characters being secret, imagine unlocking Elma, having the Elma haters think you're lying, and then watching their reactions when they finally unlock her! I think that would be pretty funny, tbh.

You can add me to the support list. I love the Xenoblade series and while I preferred 2 to X, I think Elma is a much more interesting character than Rex. Out of all the characters with a realistic chance to get in, I would probably put Elma in my top 5 most wanted. The only character I'd want over her from Xenoblade is Nia/Dromarch but I don't think there's any chance of that so Elma would be the next best thing.
Welcome to the Elma supporters club! Lol.
Honestly, I think Nia and Dromarch would be a lot cooler than Rex and Pyra, as well. I, unfortunately don't see it happening though

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
UGH. I've been thinking about this and I'm conflicted. On one hand, It'd be super cool to see an awesome Elma reveal, but on the other hand, like you, I haven't felt the rush of unlocking a secret fighter in so long, and if it was Elma, that would blow my mind even more.

And if she was leaked or shown before hand, it would make the wait for getting her even more unbearable, but at least I'd have the comfort in knowing that I could actually unlock her Idk. Either way, I'd be super happy with it.

And, I like the idea of non ballot related characters being secret, imagine unlocking Elma, having the Elma haters think you're lying, and then watching their reactions when they finally unlock her! I think that would be pretty funny, tbh.
Maybe secret fighters are why there's a worldwide release date this time. Nobody has a chance to play ahead and spoil any unrevealed content. Seems like we may have a reason to hold onto hope even if we don't see Elma before release!

Then again, seeing her silhouette when I no longer would be expecting her would be such a good feeling that I'd never forget it.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
Maybe secret fighters are why there's a worldwide release date this time. Nobody has a chance to play ahead and spoil any unrevealed content. Seems like we may have a reason to hold onto hope even if we don't see Elma before release!

Then again, seeing her silhouette when I no longer would be expecting her would be such a good feeling that I'd never forget it.
Yea, and I'm making sure to get this day one, so I don't get spoiled.
And, man, I'd honestly scream at the top of my lungs if I saw her silhouette pop up on screen. That would be an amazing experience

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Even if there were monthly reveals, I have a feeling we won't be able to get through all the remaining newcomers before launch, barring a huge info dump. So if we got secret fighters like in Brawl and 4, would you believe that Elma might be among them?

A theory I thought of was newcomers not tied to the ballot could be who are left secret until after launch to ensure the infrequent reveals are always hype. These could be characters who Sakurai personally picked for relevance like Elma was back in 2015, retro/WTF surprises, etc.
I could see her being revealed a similar way to shulk, being the last fighter revealed before the game comes out

Celir

Smash Rookie
Hello there, count me as a supporter please. I would really like to see another Xenoblade character, and Elma would be a great choice.

I can't really put my mind on Rex and Pyra, because I always have that Ice Climbers or Pokemon Trainer gameplay vision and I wouldn't like that for them to be honest.

Elma is on her own and has so much moveset potential it's crazy. I'm a huge fan of Jin and I would totally lose my mind if they put him in but I already convinced myself that it won't happen, even if there is a lack of villains in Smash, Jin would never get a priority over some other bad guys imo.

Anyway let's pray for her until the game releases, and if She gets revealed, let's celebrate that!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oooooomg

So

I had a dream that Elma made it to Smash in a trailer and her in game model and moves looked AMAZING

Unfortunately I woke up before I could see any more :c

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Sorry for the inactivity. I no longer have access to my laptop...hopefully I can resolve this issue in the near future.

That being said, we've gained quite a bit of new supporters! Wishing a warm welcome to the Rooks. ;)

Anyway, I'll try to update the support list accordingly~

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
You can add me as a supporter if I'm not already there.
I'd actually like both Elma and Rex & Pyra, but I'm not sure how likely the latter is.
When exactly was the roster decided?

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'd actually like both Elma and Rex & Pyra, but I'm not sure how likely the latter is.
Sakurai revealed that the first project plan (which most likely had the roster already decided) for Ultimate was made in December 2015, the same month in which Xenoblade X came out in the West.

Last edited:

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
Sakurai revealed that the first project plan (which most likely had the roster already decided) for Ultimate was made in December 2015, the same month in which Xenoblade X came out in the West.
Damn, any idea what this means for Decidueye and Gen 7 Pokemon in general?
Another Greninja situation?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Damn, any idea what this means for Decidueye and Gen 7 Pokemon in general?
Another Greninja situation?
Honestly, I don't really know at this point for Gen VII. If there is a Pokemon Newcomer it may come in a Greninja like situation, but with bringing back Squirtle, Ivysaur and Pichu alongside the Smash For ones Sakurai might have been reclutant to add a new Pokemon.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm hoping for both of them to enter in, the more the merrier.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well I do know Pyra’s VO, Skye Bennett, tweeted something about an exciting project outside of Xenoblade 2, which also happened with Shulk’s VO shortly before Shulk was revealed. There’s a *slim* chance Rex and Pyra could also be in the base roster if true, and they’re keeping Elma’s VO (Caitlin Glass) on the down low for a surprise

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Add me as a supporter! I just read a letter I wrote to myself 4 years ago where I predicted Xenoblade Chronicles X to be the best game of all time. Now that may not be how things ended up, but man between 2013 and 2015, this game was all I could think about. It’d feel wrong if I didn’t support Elma for smash this time around.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Add me as a supporter! I just read a letter I wrote to myself 4 years ago where I predicted Xenoblade Chronicles X to be the best game of all time. Now that may not be how things ended up, but man between 2013 and 2015, this game was all I could think about. It’d feel wrong if I didn’t support Elma for smash this time around.
...Jesus it was 4 years ago...that seems...

It's strange that I have such a weird timeline of it in my head considering it's firmly attached to being my escape during a stressful moving situation, but it certainly doesn't feel like 4 years ago.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
My favorite type of rumor is one that gives specific dates or time frames, then you have an estimated time to tell whether or not it's a bunch of bologna. I bring that up because I've seen a couple rumors now that claim King K. Rool will be revealed in July, and Elma will be a surprise reveal days before the game comes out. Not getting my hopes up, buuut if King K. is revealed in the next couple days, Imma lose my mind.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
My favorite type of rumor is one that gives specific dates or time frames, then you have an estimated time to tell whether or not it's a bunch of bologna. I bring that up because I've seen a couple rumors now that claim King K. Rool will be revealed in July, and Elma will be a surprise reveal days before the game comes out. Not getting my hopes up, buuut if King K. is revealed in the next couple days, Imma lose my mind.
That's the one where he's announced on Monday, yeah? I do want Rool in the game mainly because it's overdue, but if his reveal confirms the leak, my reaction would be so much more hype than it would've been. Funnily enough, all of them match an anniversary date that lines up a little too well.

K. Rool / July 9th = Donkey Kong arcade release date
Isaac / August 1st = Golden Sun release date in Japan
Simon / September 26th = Castlevania NES release date in Japan
Saki / October 29th = Sin & Punishment Star Successor release date in Japan
Elma / December 5th = Xenoblade X release date in Australia and one day after America/Europe's release date

It's still sketchy because there is no mention of any Echo fighters, and they for some reason do not know of November's character. Sounds like they tried to line it all up but couldn't think of another character to include (even though Rayman has a perfectly good November release date for Origins, the game that revived the character, just as one example).

At least we'll know the truth very soon.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That's the one where he's announced on Monday, yeah? I do want Rool in the game mainly because it's overdue, but if his reveal confirms the leak, my reaction would be so much more hype than it would've been. Funnily enough, all of them match an anniversary date that lines up a little too well.

K. Rool / July 9th = Donkey Kong arcade release date
Isaac / August 1st = Golden Sun release date in Japan
Simon / September 26th = Castlevania NES release date in Japan
Saki / October 29th = Sin & Punishment Star Successor release date in Japan
Elma / December 5th = Xenoblade X release date in Australia and one day after America/Europe's release date

It's still sketchy because there is no mention of any Echo fighters, and they for some reason do not know of November's character. Sounds like they tried to line it all up but couldn't think of another character to include (even though Rayman has a perfectly good November release date for Origins, the game that revived the character, just as one example).

At least we'll know the truth very soon.
November’s could be Bandana Waddle Dee, and not tied to any particular release dates. Assuming of course this particular leak is true.

Either way I’m almost 100% positive BWD will be in, as a member made a video discussing some datamined Amiibo info

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
November’s could be Bandana Waddle Dee, and not tied to any particular release dates. Assuming of course this particular leak is true.

Either way I’m almost 100% positive BWD will be in, as a member made a video discussing some datamined Amiibo info
I really need to read more about this whole amiibo datamine. It sounds interesting...

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord

Yeah, I also believe he'll be there. That data is pretty telling since I'm pretty sure Daisy had a similar amiibo datamine. I suppose it'd make sense they could've just made him the November character based on process of elimination with everybody else representing an anniversary, but why wouldn't the leaker know about it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom