• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
That's not even an appeal to emotion. That's pretty close to being an appeal to logic as you can get. Why would I stick my neck out to gain reads when I'm clearly already about to be lynched? That doesn't sound like a good idea as any alignment, least of all when you're the town's doctor.

We are not killing the claimed doc toDay, Unvote PJB he's town
HERE WE GO.

Bull****, ************. We are not having a doc counterclaim that piece of ****. PJB is scum and will die today. The less of a tantrum I have to throw to get it done, the happier we're all gonna be. So get behind me, or get in front of me. Just realize, this train isn't stopping, regardless of where you stand.

*CHOO CHOO*

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Good ****in' luck. His play is absolutely ****ing disgusting. Your meta read is weak as ****. The only defense anyone has put up for him is that he's bad which only further bolsters the fact that he will have bad scumtells. He's still, now that he's out of the limelight, instead of moving forward, he's sitting there with AtE, reminding you guys, "Oh, I'm the Doc, don't lynch me!" I am not going to let our doc counterclaim when the man has claimed half-***** roleblocker and tailor. In what world do you live where that claim seems town at all?

I was in Persona mafia. I recruited OS to keep my unbeaten indy streak in tact. I beat the hunter and died for it. That game, he was on a scumteam with OS who ran an extremely tight ship. He ran that scumteam like he was playing three slots, so you've picked a horribly bad example. Unless he has someone else feeding him reactions, you have a completely different set of circumstances to the meta you are describing.
Umm, you can ask OS about that if you want, but he didn't direct me very much. The only time I let OS influence anything I did inthread was when I let Kary live an extra day, which almost cost mafia the game. Circus and I didn't follow OS' lead very much at all, but the town sure did.

That's not even an appeal to emotion. That's pretty close to being an appeal to logic as you can get. Why would I stick my neck out to gain reads when I'm clearly already about to be lynched? That doesn't sound like a good idea as any alignment, least of all when you're the town's doctor.
Mention it one more time and I start spamming thread until we reach 200 pages.

"The Lady Doth Protest Too Much" -Whatever, Shakespeare.

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
And remember how in megaman x everybody you pushed was town? RR? Raz?

Have you EVER been right about somebody being scum when I said they were town, and we were both town? You forced so many obvious townlynches that we couldn't lynch through our scumlist which contained well, all the scum in the game.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Have you EVER been right about somebody being scum when I said they were town, and we were both town? You forced so many obvious townlynches that we couldn't lynch through our scumlist which contained well, all the scum in the game.
eh.

I blame Tery more so for what happened to me in Megaman X. He shot me off what one guy said but never actually said.

Not lynching him today, go somewhere else AM.
Ruy, that's cool and all, but uh, you're gonna have to tell me what about that roleclaim makes you want to keep him around after being solid on his wagon up to this point. You're going to have to analyze that and give me a damn good reason that stands better than this paper mache hut that Adumb's living in.

I believe LyLo came down to the people you chose not to lynch over me and the people who I said were scum, so run along and grab Swiss. We're done here.

Okay kids, school's out!

Your homework: Choose one of two assignments! Either vote PJB or explain to me why you think that Adumb's weaksauce meta or PJB's weaksauce claim are good reasons to get off of him.

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
Single instance, I say confirm on this call either way.
I'm not asking you to analyze whether that makes him town, I'm asking you whether to confirm or deny.

eh.

I blame Tery more so for what happened to me in Megaman X. He shot me off what one guy said but never actually said.

Not talking about whose fault. I blame myself mostly for the game, but the point stands that like everybody ryker pushed I said was town and he got them lynched anyway. What do you know, they were town.

Handorin

Smash Hero
ITT: pjb claims weird role blocker then turns around and claims doctor as soon as some one else uses doc instead. LOL. Off wit his head. (Or other way around, I woke up at like 3am, I'm butt tired, and I can't quite remember, but in sticking to that memory).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
No, but that's because the roleblocker has to target the person using the night kill. I target the person that I want to protect, which is the exact same thing a Doctor does. The only difference between me, and a Doctor, is that I also protect my target from enemy roleblocks, and prevent them from being investigated or tracked. If you have a name for that, that's cool, I'll call it that. But I dunno wtf it is. I guess we can just call it a vacuum, if you'd prefer. I just know that as soon as I saw what my role did, I thought "I'm some kind of doctor. That's pretty cool."

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Handorin ()
2. BadWolf28738 (Foxy)
3. Aggressive Mediation ()
4. Dark Horse ()
5. Gheb_01 ()
6. JTB (RR, Gheb)
7. frozenflame751 ()
8. Potassium (PBJ)
9. Legolas(SC)
10. Red Ruy ()
11. PrivateJoker-Brown (K, Handorin, AM, DH)
12. Foxy the Silver Fox ()
13. Scylla & Charybdis ()

Not voting: BW, FF, Legolas, JTB

With 13 playing it takes 7 lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, May 29th at 11:59 CST (GMT-6).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok. Well then. I think another course of action is in order after thinking about it. You aren't a doctor, but whatever.

unvote

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Lego, what bugs me about your argument is that you claim that I don't differentiate anti-town play and scummy play re: PJB. While I don't think that's true I'm not going to hold that line of thinking / arguing against you [for now]. However, your last batch of responses to my points kind of imply that you - probably not consciously - aren't that sure whether *my* way of playing is scummy or anti-town either and yet you vote me. I don't believe that you've thought your points and arguments through entirely and would appreciate if you two would start to coordinate your aguments and points against me, whether you're sure you if you think I'm scummy or just don't play to your expectations and other things, if you haven't done so yet.

When I feel better I can go into detail on where / why I think that you're using a double standard unless you can spot it yourselves.

:059:
I'm not sure why you think there's a double standard. It's very clear to me that all they want is to give you some pressure and try and get a better read. It's not like he's pushing a lynch waggon on you, just giving you a vote.

Now AM was different. AM tried to provide reasoning, but it was bad. They claimed that my wagon was good because of reasons Swiss and Gheb had provided. Go back and look, because Swiss hadn't really provided any sort of reasoning at that point, and Gheb hadn't exactly provided a ton either. Gheb had, indeed tried to make some points, and so did Ryu, but when I asked AM to cite some examples, they couldn't actually point to one. They literally pointed to quotes of Swiss and Gheb, and they were chastising Silver Fox. The quotes were barely even about me.
Can you provide the quotes? Or at least their numbers? It's not exactly my job to do... well, your job.
I dunno why, I thought playing BL2 and League all day yesterday would make me come back to a ten page thread. My surprise when I have a page and a half. Awesome.
Hollownote28 add me.
Luckily for us, people don't claim just because kantrip asks them to.

Also, how am I "deflecting to Ryu"? If I was sitting here not questioning people or trying to gain, you all would be *****ing at me for not scumhunting. How do I know that? Because I've already been *****ed at for it. But now I'm trying to do stuff, and I'm being accused of "trying to distract people from my own lynch".

What am I supposed to be doing, kantrip? What's the version of this story where you're even slightly willing to believe I'm Town? Because I'm not seeing it. I'm scummy no matter what I do, as far as you're concerned, apparently. That's really top notch scumhunting you're doing, where you pick a target, label them as scum, and then refuse to believe that any other conclusion could ever possibly be true.
Actually, it does look like you only wanted to shift some focus. You never gave anything other than "What's everyone think of RR?" to help push away some and it looks just plain bad.
And salty.
What he said.

Btw I'm still leader of this town, follow me my faction town will win.

Totally didn't steal that line from Swiss or anything.

But yeah I am the leader this game, the vengeance, the darkness, the cop, the Sherlock hound, I am Ruy *insert thunder* /bored at work.
Hush.
10. Red Ruy - He's all over the place so far. Not sure why he's so hell bent on asserting his authority, but I guess it's not inherently scummy. Just not really what I expect from Ryu. Null
Confused. Why do you want to push attention onto RR if you have him as null?
I want him to give me some kind of estimate, not him sitting oneveryone being null at worst.
Agree.
I like 300. FF is awesomely explaining my own thought process to me.
Unvote

Pretty sure PJB's town. I also read Lego as town.
Ryu is null and owes us reads. Same for S&C. Neither have shown us why they should be the leading pack. PJB, Foxy, Kantrip, I think you should start making up your mind on where you're going to put your vote. We're not getting anywhere if all the active players keep busting each other's heads and let people get away with inactivity. Hando, Badwolf, Frozen and JTB are all pretty much complete deadweight and should die asap.

Don't like this. Pushing him for the last X amount of days. Then just jumping off? Yeah I don't like it.

No, PJB has only 3 votes on him and he's not a play toDay. He will NOT claim.

On a PJB flip I'm immediately looking at Gheb. No matter the flip. This is getting crazy. I have no idea what's going on in Gheb's head but I don't like it.
Am ham-slamming Joker reads as strange, the noose is already set, and yet he's appealing to someone unliable to change his mind as he's made clear as day. I wouldn't want to throw bussing out the window but that ****s a little too strong for my liking, Joker could have been dropped and no one would look two ways about it.
Is this directed at me?

So Openly He Cries, Attempting Heartily To Overcome Attention!
SOHCAHTOA.....
I just want you to know.... I hate you. You're town tho.

All caught up.

Vote PBJ. Feels good.

:applejack:

No, but that's because the roleblocker has to target the person using the night kill. I target the person that I want to protect, which is the exact same thing a Doctor does. The only difference between me, and a Doctor, is that I also protect my target from enemy roleblocks, and prevent them from being investigated or tracked. If you have a name for that, that's cool, I'll call it that. But I dunno wtf it is. I guess we can just call it a vacuum, if you'd prefer. I just know that as soon as I saw what my role did, I thought "I'm some kind of doctor. That's pretty cool."
You're also denying investigative results, the real doctor, vigs, and whatever other useful **** Gova's put in the game that isn't commonly used.

And?

That's not really that scummy of a role, rather null actually.
That's the point! Yet, despite this, nearly all of you are suddenly willing to give him a pass for his absolutely gogawful play, despite his role not being clearly town. Ever since I suggested it's a flawed doc, he's been hanging onto that point over and over again, reminding us every single opportunity he gets that he's the doctor. And despite all of this, he has yet to suggest a better place to put the lynch. He's still sitting on a heap of noncommittal nulls that he made ages ago. He's still playing like absolute ****, yet everyone's backing off. Every time I ask why, I get "he's the protective" when his claim is null at best. Every time I ask for another option that isn't an inactive, I'm met with crickets.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't mind lynching him still, it's just that I have another plan I'm drawn too. If my vote is needed, I'm there

Alright, let's try it like this:

I'm not seeing other directions. Everyone else is telling us to go look somewhere else, to unvote him, not to lynch him because he's our protective, whatever. But in that process, no one is willing to put up another viable target. People want inactives? Inactives do little for us. As the game goes on, they will get into the spotlight more and more simply by process of elimination. If we lynch one now, based on how much they've posted, how much do you really think that'll accomplish in the long run? If they flip town, whoo hoo, we never got reads out of them. If they flip scum, big deal, it's not like they made any significant connections for us to analyze in thread. We gain little from an inactive lynch outside of removing dead weight and we return to this same position tomorrow, asking ourselves "what to do" when we've got scummer brown staring at us in the face.

I think this guy's scum. Drew's absolutely adamant PJB is scum. His play is ridiculously self-serving and his claim is hella convenient for backing it up. Are we really going to let this guy get away with claiming his role and saying, "Oh yeah, that's totally town?" It walks a gray area. It blocks everything, good and bad. Roleblocks, nightkills, but also investigatives and vigs. I don't see why anyone wants to give it a straight pass because it could easily be town or scum.

So please, consider just his play, because it damn well doesn't give him a pass for the **** he's doing. He's done nothing but refuse to join any wagons out of the self-serving expression to avoid connections out of fear of getting caught. He's made excuse after excuse, his reads are entirely noncommital, and now that he's out and claimed, he's thrown AtE everywhere and reminded us every chance he gets that he's totally a doctor even though he's really a reverse roleblocker. Meanwhile, he still refuses to do jack ****. Yet everyone says, oh, he's obvious town because he's honest, or because of some meta I don't know and don't really give a damn to read his posts in other games to find out because his stupidity doesn't warrant a pass for his newbscum tells.

Like, here's the thing. You get the PJB flip, you get direction for the game, one way or another. He flips scum, we've got directions to go. He flips town, we'll have people we can look at. This game won't hit the next day phase with us picking a name out of a hat and saying, "eh, sounds good, let's wagon up!" I don't want that. I don't want to be going down a row of inactives for a game, because we don't have the lynches to waste hitting that many in the dark. So do you really want to go down this road, guys? Really? Cause I damn well don't.

This head is willing to see what other people have to say (the other one is content to dig his heels in the dirt and not lift 'em 'till he gets what he wants) but if I'm going to be told "LYNCH INACTIVES," you may as well stop yourself. But if any single one of you has an actual scumpick with ****ing posts in the thread, I will at least give it a thought. Stop telling us to look elsewhere. We're handing you an option. If you refuse to ignore it, then at least put up one of your own.

And I swear to gog, if PJB makes it to D2, we are playing the WIFOM game. I'm saying this because I already know some of you are going to be a ***** about it but I am damn happy to dive straight into it because the answer is already obvious to me.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm not sure why you think there's a double standard. It's very clear to me that all they want is to give you some pressure and try and get a better read. It's not like he's pushing a lynch waggon on you, just giving you a vote.

Can you provide the quotes? Or at least their numbers? It's not exactly my job to do... well, your job.
if you had read the thread, you'd have seen that I provided the quote for that in the same post I dropped my vote. I'm not going back to dig that up though, because it's not relevant to anything.

Actually, it does look like you only wanted to shift some focus. You never gave anything other than "What's everyone think of RR?" to help push away some and it looks just plain bad.
And salty.

Hush.

Confused. Why do you want to push attention onto RR if you have him as null?
All you're doing here is putting words in my mouth. I asked people for their opinion on Ryu, then I blatantly said I was not trying to shift focus onto him. Now you're trying to say my Null read on him is suspicious because I wanted to shift focus onto him. That's not a thing I ever said or did, that's your incorrect interpretation. Did it ever occur to you that I was asking for people's opinions of Ryu because he was a null read of mine? No, of course it didn't.

Don't like this. Pushing him for the last X amount of days. Then just jumping off? Yeah I don't like it.

On a PJB flip I'm immediately looking at Gheb. No matter the flip. This is getting crazy. I have no idea what's going on in Gheb's head but I don't like it.
All caught up.

Vote PBJ. Feels good.

Wtf is this? You literally just said how you think Gheb is who you want people to look at, regardless of my alignment, and yet you throw your vote down on me? Based on what? Where is any of that coming from? Why is Gheb even scummy? Why do you want me dead, if you're just gonna want to kill Gheb no matter what I flip? Can you actually answer those questions? Cuz if you can't, you shouldn't be voting.

This whole post is horrible. You're horrible.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's the point! Yet, despite this, nearly all of you are suddenly willing to give him a pass for his absolutely gogawful play, despite his role not being clearly town. Ever since I suggested it's a flawed doc, he's been hanging onto that point over and over again, reminding us every single opportunity he gets that he's the doctor. And despite all of this, he has yet to suggest a better place to put the lynch. He's still sitting on a heap of noncommittal nulls that he made ages ago. He's still playing like absolute ****, yet everyone's backing off. Every time I ask why, I get "he's the protective" when his claim is null at best. Every time I ask for another option that isn't an inactive, I'm met with crickets.
This is valid.

Still I want JTB dealt with asap, he will coast to end game as scum and he always does this as scum. He is not readable and I have no guarantee of a vig.

As for PJB, I think how he reacted makes sense of how he acted at his claim, it gave me town tells. I don't see him faking that kind of post.

Everything else is solid, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm willing to give him a day before he gets the noose.

Still the other issue is, this is very solid on how he has been scummy. It's correct, he's been playing for himself the whole game.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
if you had read the thread, you'd have seen that I provided the quote for that in the same post I dropped my vote. I'm not going back to dig that up though, because it's not relevant to anything.
Salty-ness will not help your situation. I'm not going to go back, I already have my ideas.

All you're doing here is putting words in my mouth. I asked people for their opinion on Ryu, then I blatantly said I was not trying to shift focus onto him. Now you're trying to say my Null read on him is suspicious because I wanted to shift focus onto him. That's not a thing I ever said or did, that's your incorrect interpretation. Did it ever occur to you that I was asking for people's opinions of Ryu because he was a null read of mine? No, of course it didn't.
You asked for people's ideas about him in a very.... opportunistic way. The only thing that it sounded like to me was that you were trying to get some presssure off you because you've been angry since the beginning that you have been wagoned. Please stop the salt, all you're going to do is get me angry and I really want this to be a laid back game for me. And no more insults.

[quote="PrivateJoker-Brown, post: 15539416, member: 208178"Wtf is this? You literally just said how you think Gheb is who you want people to look at, regardless of my alignment, and yet you throw your vote down on me? Based on what? Where is any of that coming from? Why is Gheb even scummy? Why do you want me dead, if you're just gonna want to kill Gheb no matter what I flip? Can you actually answer those questions? Cuz if you can't, you shouldn't be voting.

This whole post is horrible. You're horrible.[/quote]

Yeah, I said that I wanted Gheb looked at on your flip, no matter the flip. Don't antagonize me if you don't read fully.

He's scummy IMO because he flipped so hard on his read of you. He went from "Kill the scum" to "BFFs" in a matter of posts. It looked horrible to me.

I want you dead becasue your play is ****. Plain as day, ****. You expect us to believe you whenever you say anything because your role PM might say Town. Yet you're not giving us any reason to trust you. You keep saying, "This sucks, I'm town and I'm salty" but you don't give any reasons WHY. It's bad play to the basic levels. I remember one post you basically said, "I'm town therefore I shouldn't be wagoned." That is total crap. If you're town then prove it! Don't be a whiny ***** and actually get up and do something about it.

I swear sometimes this game....

We've been given time but nobody but me is trying to accomplish anything. We have the idea of an inactive wagon sitting around (not even the actual wagon), which would leave us in the same ****ty situation tomorrow. And how do you even choose? We have JTB, who has a tendency to shamelessly coast as scum. We have FF who does the same thing. There's still Dork Horse and BadWolf after that. Give me a night. We don't know there's not a vig yet and we don't know if he'll come back or not. In either case, you have a chance for JTB to come in and make stances tomorrow. Or, we could mop him up tonight! All that lynching him does is remove a blank slot from the game. Tomorrow, regardless of JTB's flip, I will come into this thread and get my PJB lynch, leaving us on D3 in the same position that we could've been on D2, minus one slot and plus two night kills. Are you doing the math, digits?

And you're high if you think that the night phase will be as productive off of a blank slot lynch as opposed to the most talked about slot in the game.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
We've been given time but nobody but me is trying to accomplish anything. We have the idea of an inactive wagon sitting around (not even the actual wagon), which would leave us in the same ****ty situation tomorrow. And how do you even choose? We have JTB, who has a tendency to shamelessly coast as scum. We have FF who does the same thing. There's still Dork Horse and BadWolf after that. Give me a night. We don't know there's not a vig yet and we don't know if he'll come back or not. In either case, you have a chance for JTB to come in and make stances tomorrow. Or, we could mop him up tonight! All that lynching him does is remove a blank slot from the game. Tomorrow, regardless of JTB's flip, I will come into this thread and get my PJB lynch, leaving us on D3 in the same position that we could've been on D2, minus one slot and plus two night kills. Are you doing the math, digits?

And you're high if you think that the night phase will be as productive off of a blank slot lynch as opposed to the most talked about slot in the game.

TBH, I'd be salty if PJB made it to D2.

Top Bottom