• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elements and Attributes Mafia - Game Over!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Thanks for that Joker. Glad you've stopped being defensive to contribute by taking the job of prodmaster.

PrivateProdmaster-Brown on duty.

Jesus

So I reread in depth and a lot of your posts which gave me a bad taste I actually liked when I really focused on em, your 405 and your 150 still are bleh but reconsidering. I'll chew on your slot.

Gheb tends to be very crurmudgeony as scum, I don't see him offering early control like he did in his 42 as scum, especially not after the train we ran on his scumteam in GS mafia. That said, I merely like the slot, he's not obvious-town like RR, PJB, or kantrip.
Who posted this? It's a scumtell for one of you and a towntell for the other.

Vote Badwolf

I don't care what you guys think. You all keep making the same mistakes anyway. You'll lynch PJB and if he flips town you'll shrug off responsibility or pretend that you have gained some amazing new info that you haven't but you'll tell yourself that you have - to make you feel better about not actually having a ****ing clue. It's sad that this kind of misguided behavior is a towntell for most of the active slots [Ryu and Kantrip in particular] and the other active slots either read pro-town to me or at least not scum. You guys can do what you think is best for yourself, I'll continue to do what I think is best for town. Some of you have yet to understand that difference.

:059:
There's my Gheb! Still wrong, but he's in there somewhere, folks!

Sorry for the misunderstanding then.

I don't really know what to tell you on why I changed my mind. It's not one particular reason but more a number of smallish reasons that together add up to the conclusion that he's likely town, in my opinion anyway. One of those reasons is based on the people who have joined to wagon. By the time I unvoted it was only AM I felt comfortable with being on the wagon. I don't think I can agree with Kantrip, JTB or Hando being on the wagon nor am I convinced by their reasoning and that bugs me enough to second guess the whole thing. To be perfectly honest, every single player on the PJB wagon except AM is a good counter-argument against that lynch to me right now. It also just so happened that my clearest town reads [Lego + Foxy] both argued against the wagon. As for my own reasoning, I guess it's just that I'm probably the one person who tends to second-guess himself the most over the course of a game and I can see myself being wrong on PJB easily enough. Looking at the facts, I see a lot more arguments against the PJB lynch than for it.

Gheb, can I dial in a favor? If you've ever loved me, just go back to voting PJB and don't make me deal with this piece of ****.

This is bull****.

You second guess and doubt yourself and so you are so certain Joker is town that it's non-negotiable, you will refute all claims to the contrary before even reading them, and you think nothing can be gained from the lynch?

And one of your main reasons is "my townreads (whom I also have not explained) held this opinion"? Excuse me while I retch.
Thank you, Watson!

First of all I would just like to say that the fact that you can't check a person's individual posts is so amazingly annoying

Upon a reread, the more and more I dislike Hando. His incredibly wishy-washy stance on PJB looks bad on reread. Trying to ask people who their third scum mates is this early game comes as loaded, and the fact that he apparently had three scum by page 5 just comes off as him being rushed.

Put to be honest, I'm going to Vote: PJB. In addition to his play being spotty, there's also the fact that just about every player has commented on him, and some players have had some interesting actions with him (Gheb, Hando). His flip gives a lot of information to work with.
Atta boy!

The fact that everybody commented on him is irrelevant. His play hasn't been as bad as many other players - including yours.

I'm not talking about inactivity here, Gheb, cause that's the lack of play. Point out to me those many players of our active group that's a better lynch than PJB.

Scylla & Charybdis

Smash Journeyman
I gave it some thought while looking at work, more so with consideration on post #497

I'm no leader. I'm not a fan of lynching PJB with that claim, more so with his reasoning provided. Still his play is kinda off to me, like in Zen's game where I was the serial killer, I've seen him stick his neck out and get reads faster. It's weird because the way PJB has been playing is something I would look for in newbie scum in which they are hesitant to give out reads and stick their neck out.
My impression of PJB in Persona, confirm or deny?

Neither Swiss or Adum have much knowledge of my meta. We've only played one game together (and they were in that hydra) and those examples he just gave you aren't games either of them were in. Clearly they've been doing some homework, all to gain a read on one player. I'm pretty comfortable calling S&C town, at this point.

It's something I do regardless of alignment because I made such a point of it in my townplay if I didn't I'd be obvious as scum.

We never played a game, unless I missed it or misremembered swiss hasn't either (he had a few posts really early in the persona thread though).

Who posted this? It's a scumtell for one of you and a towntell for the other.
Who do you think? Of course it was me, swiss basically hasn't had a post that didn't involve catching up.

Seriously **** this week... I need a goddamn day off...

Before I go back to working my life away for the rest of the day, here's where I'm at right now.

Lynching PJB is by no means a bad option. A lot of people are advocating for that lynch because of the info we get out of it (namely, connections based on PJBs provided reads and a better idea of where the scum lay in the pro vs. against PJB lynch divide. With so many vocal players in this game having been involved in the PJB wagon or atleast having commented on it, its hard to argue against the notion that the PJB wagon is a stance heavy (and thus info heavy) wagon.

However I think Gheb brings up and extreme important point: there are a ton of slots in this game that have been completely off the radar and are basically getting a free pass through day 1 completely unpressured and unscrutinized (myself included in that group).

Almost half the game is barely playing, Badwolf being the most extreme example. I think our prospects for securing a replacement and getting some extra time here are rather high, but idk what Gova likes to do wrt replacements and extensions. I'd certainly advocate for both of those right now though.

Rushing to lynch badwolf just because he's the most inactive is ********. Anyone pushing to do that looks sketchy imo for looking for that lame excuse for a wagon to take off. If we're going to think that little about what our lynch ought to be, we might as well just finish off PJB because as previously stated, we get a lot more info out of that lynch than some completely inactive slot. Wayyyyy smarter to use our lynch effectively here on D1; let the vigbait be vigbait.

There's no sense in being overly myopic this day phase. We've only really had one viable wagon the whole phase, so jumping from that to saying "well lets just pick an inactive and settle for that" is just trading one single issue of focus to another unrelated and equally narrow lynch criteria.

We def need to get an idea of what kind of timetable we have though. @Mod: Can you let us know what the prospects are of getting a replacement for Badwolf and/or getting a phase extension?
I saw a lot of words, and I was like, "Man, I'm gonna have to read this ****," and I did. Turns out, I saw a whole lot of words and a whole lot of nothing. Please, don't make me read so much again only to conclude you had nothing to say. FF, don't be my new Dark Horse.

Really, I'm back at L-1? Is this **** really going to happen? Looks like I'm claiming, though I really wanted to avoid this...

I'm the Vacuum Element. My ability is called Cold of Space. It allows me to target somebody, and cause all Night actions taken against that person to get sucked out into the vacuum of space, and fail. This includes night kills.
YO COOL. You realize that nobody was making a move to lynch you at this point. You were actually safer at this time and you just 180d off your stance that you did not claim and you were not gonna claim. But thanks for the claim! Now I can lynch you and not feel bad about it.

More votes please!

Kantrip

Kantplay
I disbelieve Joker's claim.

Ryker I'm sure you're getting to it but I really wanna know what you're thinking about S&C

^ was directed to Gheb

Like, the whole reason I was trying to play careful was because I didn't want to get killed by the town, and now I'm gonna get killed by the mafia. It's pretty frustrating, cuz the only way I live is if the mafia are just confident they know who I'm gonna protect. Even then, my days are numbered, and no amount of walking the suspicion line is gonna keep me alive, cuz I'm claimed now.

So Openly He Cries, Attempting Heartily To Overcome Attention!

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
YO COOL. You realize that nobody was making a move to lynch you at this point. You were actually safer at this time and you just 180d off your stance that you did not claim and you were not gonna claim. But thanks for the claim! Now I can lynch you and not feel bad about it.

More votes please!
You realize that we were mere hours away from deadline, and I was L-1? Of course I was in danger. The frack?

Ughhh my emotions are being appealed to, Joker's begrudging apathy is starting to remind me of myself when I'm fed up with similar treatment.

Really like AM's analysis and then unvoting to reassess even after all that work. Glad they're town. S&C I'm not sure about.

@AM: Talk to me about S&C's threat on Gheb that I commented on earlier. I get really bad feelings about it, what do you think?
I will talk about S&C when I feel like I will profit from talking about S&C. If I let them know anything I think about them before it helps me will allow them to cater to me.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Thanks for that Joker. Glad you've stopped being defensive to contribute by taking the job of prodmaster.

PrivateProdmaster-Brown on duty.

Jesus
Sorry that I'd rather hear form the inactive, rather than lynch one of them by pulling a name out of a hat. Guess I have a long way to go before my hatnamepulling gets as good as yours where you zero in on the doctor D1.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's something I do regardless of alignment because I made such a point of it in my townplay if I didn't I'd be obvious as scum.

We never played a game, unless I missed it or misremembered swiss hasn't either (he had a few posts really early in the persona thread though).
We've played one (ongoing) game. I'm one of the heads in the Riddickulous hydra.

Neither Swiss or Adum have much knowledge of my meta. We've only played one game together (and they were in that hydra) and those examples he just gave you aren't games either of them were in. Clearly they've been doing some homework, all to gain a read on one player. I'm pretty comfortable calling S&C town, at this point.
Or they're in a quicktopic of some kind. Or Adumb just has a habit of reading games. Or your reputation for being godawful proceeds you.

Not particularly interested in which head of the hydra made the post tbh, mostly addressed ryker cause he's the head I'm trying to convince.
Good ****in' luck. His play is absolutely ****ing disgusting. Your meta read is weak as ****. The only defense anyone has put up for him is that he's bad which only further bolsters the fact that he will have bad scumtells. He's still, now that he's out of the limelight, instead of moving forward, he's sitting there with AtE, reminding you guys, "Oh, I'm the Doc, don't lynch me!" I am not going to let our doc counterclaim when the man has claimed half-assed roleblocker and tailor. In what world do you live where that claim seems town at all?

Doubtful ryker knows it either, only played one game that I came across (Persona) and replaced out before anything relevant occurred, but you know you should both read up on his play, he has plenty of town games (BiM 2013, MLP: Friendship is Mafia, Bust a Move, Megaman Zero, Mini Bowser) and Persona is his one scum game.
I was in Persona mafia. I recruited OS to keep my unbeaten indy streak in tact. I beat the hunter and died for it. That game, he was on a scumteam with OS who ran an extremely tight ship. He ran that scumteam like he was playing three slots, so you've picked a horribly bad example. Unless he has someone else feeding him reactions, you have a completely different set of circumstances to the meta you are describing.

Top Bottom