• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Can you guys please continue this sibling fight in NM on saturday?

I want in :D

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
oh wow no one has posted in forever! where is everyone.

Also I don't think people want to travel again sinz sorry. I know I'm not hyped for it but if enough people want to go then i will too.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
you are so kind, your comment touched me.
THE FACT THAT I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE FIGHTING MK WITH MARTH RATHER THAN MY MAIN IS JUST PATHETIC. BAN that little piece of ****.
El Paso should just dedicate smashfests to mk dittos all the time

error13

Smash Journeyman
you are so kind, your comment touched me.
THE FACT THAT I FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE FIGHTING MK WITH MARTH RATHER THAN MY MAIN IS JUST PATHETIC. BAN that little piece of ****.
El Paso should just dedicate smashfests to mk dittos all the time
lol i can guess where that comment touched you
since its obviously a gay comment....

and mk is the lamest lame character to ever walk

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
so its no on nm for sure josh sorry. I lent a friend of the family 40$ today or at least my mom lent him and I lent my mom so i have nothing now!

we need to go to final smash though it will be so awesome.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sorry I still haven't done shoutouts guys. I'll get around to it I promise. I called in to work saying I had strep to go to the tournament yesterday, so right now I have to make a fake doctor's note.

Shame you guys couldn't come. Maybe next time.

starrchild

Smash Rookie
Perfect timing to stop by and say hi. ^^ ...and perfect time to leave!!! XD

jk. How is everyone? You guys should drop the crack and beer for you own sake (lolz. "SAKE!" like Japanese liquor! =P jk.) that way, the hunnies come bouncing up all over you like no ones business. No but seriously, good vibe and all, liquor and people don't mix, the outcome is disaster!!!

Smash on the other hand when mixed with a cup of Melee, two scoops of Cookies and Cream ice cream, a yellow controller and a challenger= instant happiness! =P.

Brawl = No happy. =(

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
So with June creeping up on us, we only have just under two months before EPAC 09 is underway. However, it pains me to come in here to say that this year we will be breaking the tradition of having a Smash Brothers tournament this year.

With the possible lack of equipment, the extreme annoyance of having to individually unlock characters and stages on each system, not enough man power, less time for more events, and the simple fact that Street Fighter IV was released this year, it will simply not be a title that we will have a tournament for. We are only going to have enough time for one tournament this year, and the very obvious choice was to have Street Fighter IV this time around.

Not to say that we won't entirely leave out Smash to begin with, but anyone that was going to EPAC looking solely for a tournament to win would be sadly disappointed. We will still have casuals, and maybe two set up's depending on how much equipment and free space is available. But again, there will be no Smash tournament at this year's EPAC. But if you guys were coming originally, don't let this decision change your minds, there will still be plenty of fun to be had at this year's con.

error13

Smash Journeyman
lolol epac is pointless for me now

and lol at johns for unlocking characters being
an actual john you get players just by playing....

in sf4 you have such specific tasks to unlock people
especially akuma and goukan lol but eh tough luck
for us brawl players i guess....

maybe genesis arturo!

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
So with June creeping up on us, we only have just under two months before EPAC 09 is underway. However, it pains me to come in here to say that this year we will be breaking the tradition of having a Smash Brothers tournament this year.

With the possible lack of equipment, the extreme annoyance of having to individually unlock characters and stages on each system, not enough man power, less time for more events, and the simple fact that Street Fighter IV was released this year, it will simply not be a title that we will have a tournament for. We are only going to have enough time for one tournament this year, and the very obvious choice was to have Street Fighter IV this time around.

Not to say that we won't entirely leave out Smash to begin with, but anyone that was going to EPAC looking solely for a tournament to win would be sadly disappointed. We will still have casuals, and maybe two set up's depending on how much equipment and free space is available. But again, there will be no Smash tournament at this year's EPAC. But if you guys were coming originally, don't let this decision change your minds, there will still be plenty of fun to be had at this year's con.

Hey but don't forget the fact that the amount of people who would enter a Brawl Tournament > Those who would enter a SF4 tourney. Me and Arturo could help with getting equipment and **** since we both have tournament hosting experience. Smash is timeless, and this will definitely change people's minds about going. :ohwell:

I think it's safe to say that Brawl isn't a good fighting game, but it's played way more than Street Fighter 4.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

Are you part of the staff? If so why don't you just let us help out. Any tournament we go to we always take at least 1 full set up (TV/wii/brawl copy). I was thinking of offering anyways since the 2 set ups last year apparently didn't allow enough time for it to finish and with more set ups we could actually let more than 60 people join if possible.

It definitely changes our minds, or mine at least, because the largest smash tournament ever is going to be happening on the same day and we simply chose epac because we have the win guaranteed. Playing random people who we don't have 2 try against on 2 tvs won't be as fun we can do better at home.

Also people from ABQ where even thinking of coming for this but they aren't going to do it for SF.

I think its a better fighting game too anthony with 2 characters up for bans the game must have more balance issues.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

This is bull. As popular as SF4 is with the hardcore fighting game crowd, Brawl is a much more widely played game. Why would you choose to have a game tourney that will net you less money than a tourney for a game that would net you more? SF is not the obvious choice. If you actually believe it's the obvious choice, then you obviously haven't payed attention to the sales figures. Brawl has sold 8.43 Million total copies. Street Fighter 4 has sold 2.26 Million.

Not to mention your load of bull about worrying of unlocking all the characters and stages. The Smash community is friendly, and I know that myself and a number of other people would happily bring stations with everything unlocked. Don't consider it a bother to ask the community for help. We will bring stations for you.

Street Fighter should be getting the friendly stations. Not Brawl.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
All fighting games are gay. Im not playing brawl for a week or 2 and if i have fun these two weeks then i will see you all later and you can just call me back when mk stops ruining lives. I've been playing gears and halo a lot an they have been ok for now so yeah. After Modern warfare 2 comes out its a definite quits for me any way. Im so set back on money... I wanted to go to final smash but i make questionable decisions and i bought 150$ slacks from Banana republic, which i dont regret cause they just look sexy. Plus if you want a ladies magnet, then those pants are right for you. I <3 dallas more than El Paso so i am moving.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
No luis why! You need to keep playing no one else makes people feel cocky when they team with you, you can quit. At least play once a week so you can stay warmed up, I'll even quit MK if it makes you happy!

This sucks why is smash dieing in el paso! Richard you jinxed us!!!!

error13

Smash Journeyman
lol i didnt jynx anything
i just felt it too.... that game
is like... really bad lol ive been playing
melee and poker nights and bowling =]

Neocell

Smash Rookie
it's always been a boring game, it just took us a while to realize that.
you were always cocky on your own arturo, i think you're fine
i probably won't be playing at all anymore, sorry guys, i wouldn't mind.. finding something else to do though

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
no it doesn't richard only mk does.

But yes I would love to play smash again I never wanted to stop!

This is gay though the guy who knew where i lived to get to the graduation party went with someone else so my friend is taking for ever to pick me up.

Top Bottom