• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Moneypants

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to El Paso, I love everyone.
I'm going to NMSU spring 2015 so I'll be making fewer appearances during the school year, but I'll do my best to come back some weekends and breaks for smash and whatnot, but till then lets keep playing!

Tinmo

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to El Paso, I love everyone.
I'm going to NMSU spring 2015 so I'll be making fewer appearances during the school year, but I'll do my best to come back some weekends and breaks for smash and whatnot, but till then lets keep playing!

Moneypants

Smash Rookie
This was just to post it.
I'd much rather tell everyone in person.
This can be for whoever missed me telling them or something idk.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
Hey there fellow smashers wondering if you guys play the wii u smash?? Its awesome but do play project m just in case. Also the first brawl crew (tetsuya, furious, Richard, scrub burrito etc) you guys still get together?? Don't have da face so yea

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Hey there fellow smashers wondering if you guys play the wii u smash?? Its awesome but do play project m just in case. Also the first brawl crew (tetsuya, furious, Richard, scrub burrito etc) you guys still get together?? Don't have da face so yea
Most of the regular tourney goers are Melee only, but some of them do play Sm4sh. Everyone you mentioned is still active in some capacity. Tetsuya and Scrubaroo are the main TOs of the region.

Last edited:

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
Sweetness, oddly I'm enjoying sm4sh more than M. Sm4sh is still fast and the combos aren't broken like in M. Are peeps getting together today?

pachthegiant

Smash Rookie
Hello local smashers, it makes me happy to see my hometown on smashboards! :)
I'm posting here to gauge the willingness of a competitive sm4sh scene for a tournament venue me and a few partners are in the process of creating (Final Cup Games)
I am in charge of the smash brackets so I will be posting here more periodically and I really hope to build a strong competitive crew here. Practice tourneys should begin next thursday so hopefully you all can make it out.
~pach

Tinmo

Smash Rookie
Hello local smashers, it makes me happy to see my hometown on smashboards! :)
I'm posting here to gauge the willingness of a competitive sm4sh scene for a tournament venue me and a few partners are in the process of creating (Final Cup Games)
I am in charge of the smash brackets so I will be posting here more periodically and I really hope to build a strong competitive crew here. Practice tourneys should begin next thursday so hopefully you all can make it out.
~pach

Would you also be interested in hosting Melee tournaments? The Melee scene is growing here and we're looking for good venues.

Isaac Jaus

Smash Rookie
Whats up guys, im glad i found a smash community in el paso. id like to enter the next tournament you guys host

Yung Pharaoh

Smash Rookie
Hi guys East EP smasher here, Ive been really getting into smash recently but have no one else to play with since my only friend who plays moved to austin, i play mostly M though, but im down to play melee also. If theres anyone in the east hit me up and we can meet up and play!

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Whats up guys, im glad i found a smash community in el paso. id like to enter the next tournament you guys host
Hi. Go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/673233716043745/

Hi guys East EP smasher here, Ive been really getting into smash recently but have no one else to play with since my only friend who plays moved to austin, i play mostly M though, but im down to play melee also. If theres anyone in the east hit me up and we can meet up and play!
Hi. Go here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/673233716043745/

Tinmo

Smash Rookie
Yea most activity is on the Facebook page. You can find Smash gatherings and tourneys in the groups events. We mostly play Melee but you can bring whatever smash game you want and I'm sure you'll find people to play.

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
~Down in West Texas, in the town of El Paso.~ Eeee, it makes me happy to see other local people in my area being Smashers!

That aside, I've been playing Smash since 64, but I've only started entering competitions with Sm4sh. But it's good to know how to Smash with all, right? I'm most likely worst with Melee, but if anyone would like to contact me (I'm in N.E), I can support some Sm4sh games or head over to someone else to play Melee, M, or Brawl. Great to meet you all!

Joey Maestas

Smash Rookie
seriously i love that there is a solid melee scene in El Paso but ive been trying to play and NO ONE ever wants to meet up and play except for at the tournaments! :confused: and since i only play the computer i usually get bopped lol! Im going to start hosting house tourneys on the westside of el paso. im trying to make this melee scene 5x what it already is :demon:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
seriously i love that there is a solid melee scene in El Paso but ive been trying to play and NO ONE ever wants to meet up and play except for at the tournaments! :confused: and since i only play the computer i usually get bopped lol! Im going to start hosting house tourneys on the westside of el paso. im trying to make this melee scene 5x what it already is :demon:
We've actually been discussing this. The problem is that our only actual venue can't be used during the weekend and for a limited amount of hours. It's not really fair to the people who volunteer their houses for tourneys/fests to ask them to hold tournaments AND regular gatherings back to back every week.

Jpjustus

Smash Rookie
hey i live on the westside and would love to play you. my friend and i have been trying to get better. there is a tourney in roswell that we are going to next month so we need a **** load of practice. if anybody wants to come to the westside to get beat at smash just text 9153559459. this is only for melee because that is the only game that really matters. its also the only one we have lol.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
hey i live on the westside and would love to play you. my friend and i have been trying to get better. there is a tourney in roswell that we are going to next month so we need a **** load of practice. if anybody wants to come to the westside to get beat at smash just text 9153559459. this is only for melee because that is the only game that really matters. its also the only one we have lol.
Come to the melee tournament/gathering today :)
https://www.facebook.com/events/644953505613301/?sid_reminder=8697387041589035008
There's also supposed to be an east side vs west side crew battle.

Moneypants

Smash Rookie
I'm going to that roswell tourney also, hope to see you there!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

TGC 2 SmashBoards Tournament Page
http://smashboards.com/threads/apr-25-2015-the-official-tgc-event-2-houston-tx.394551/#post-18744580

Hey, guys! Xyro here. Houston/Texas largest tournament series (TGC) is having its 2nd event about 34 days from now. For this event, i am doing several major changes so PLEASE PLEASE read this post. It is VERY important, dont skip over it.

I have opened online registration for TGC 2 so please click here to register/pay for 1vs1 smash wiiu (be sure to include your gamer tag when you register) https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PJ92WLG8SCW5S you also need to pay the venue fee and that can be found here http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/tgc2

So with your venue fee and 1vs1 fee paid for, you are 110% entered into TGC 2 and i will post your pool/bracket a few days before the event so that you can see who you face and be able to prepare for it if need be. If you do not pay online, you can still pay offline but you will not be seeded and you will be thrown into pools/bracket at random. This means you may play your best friend round 1.

The purpose of me doing online registration this time is to get you guys seeded into pools/brackets ahead of time so that you can walk into the venue, check-in and start playing matches much soon than before. This also means we can leave the venue earlier than before too.

One final thing, the rules for TGC 2 have gone through a MAJOR change. Wireless controller rules, stage rules and much more have changed. PLEASE read the rules asap because these changes have to do with every person entering TGC 2.

If you have any questions, please post in the TGC 2 thread on smashboards and/or in the TGC 2 Facebook group.

FacookeB Event Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/623049984505771/

Irusake

Smash Rookie
Damn, it sucks that I missed that. It's good to see El Paso has Smash 4 representation however small. So, are there any El Paso players looking for smash 4 friendlies? It'd be cool to fight actual people and not these "For Glory" matches.

Aristod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aristod
^^There's a tournament on Saturday for Smash 4 and Melee. Its gonna be a big one so u can go to that. Look up El Paso Smash Bros. on Facebook

Top Bottom