• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Scrubaroo

Smash Cadet
We have Smash gatherings on the East side of town every Saturday. ShadowPhoenix has come to 2 of them. You're welcome to come over as well, just let us know!

Also if you have a facebook give us a link so we can add you to our Smash group. Its easier to reach people like that @_@.

Ricky_kun

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, nice to see the EP community try and get back together. I've been getting back into melee after years and having a blast. So what news is there of any meetups of Smash weeklies? I'd be willing to join, contribute, and smash with other peeps than my bros.

EDIT: I live on the East side.

Scrubaroo

Smash Cadet
Having a small gathering today actually. Been having weeklies on Saturdays!
If u have a facebook link it so I can add you to our "Smash" group!

Aristod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aristod
Sup guys im new here, but not new to smash. Me and my friends have been into competitive Brawl for a year, but got into Project M a few months ago, and we love it. It would be great to hang out with you guys, but I won't be able to for quite a while. Me and my friends consider ourselves ok at melee and project m. We hope that we can soon hang out with you guys.

Aristod

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aristod
Yea I joined. Also, I have like 4 friends that are really into competitive project m, so I can force them to go over when we have the chance :dizzy:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Might not make it to this saturday, but definitely looks like it'd be tons of fun!
Glad to see the EP scene reviving!

Oh it was fun! Also the one more level retro store tourney is today if anyone didn't know!

10968 Montwood, El Paso, Texas 79935 is the address if anyone was interested in dropping by.

Nerin

Smash Rookie
I'm 14 and I played smash casually for as long as I can remember. I've known about competitive smash for a while now but barely decided to take it seriously. I play mostly Melee and want to know if anyone is willing to train. I live in the westside.

Bigglestheman

Smash Apprentice
I'm 14 and I played smash casually for as long as I can remember. I've known about competitive smash for a while now but barely decided to take it seriously. I play mostly Melee and want to know if anyone is willing to train. I live in the westside.
Smashfests usually happen on saturdays.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/673233716043745/ <--- El Paso Facebook group
Probably your best bet to know when things are going on.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
The gatherings usually happen on the East side, but we're having one on the West side this Saturday so it would probably be a good idea to attend.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
There's also a small community in Juarez that has a smashfests every Saturday, that's if anyone from this thread even goes down here

Last edited:

Seetoe

Smash Rookie
IDK that people would be comfortable going there. I know I personally wouldn't. IDK If you are from there if you could shed light on the safety of that city. I know for a tournament a while back we had some Juarez people come up and that was pretty sweet.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
IDK that people would be comfortable going there. I know I personally wouldn't. IDK If you are from there if you could shed light on the safety of that city. I know for a tournament a while back we had some Juarez people come up and that was pretty sweet.
It's a matter of letting go of everything you see in the media. I've been residing here for 2 years now and I've yet to see anything violence related go down. Personally I found the place where the first Genesis was held and Event 52 in Kansas City to be more dangerous if you weren't familiar with the area. Besides the smashfests are in a safe populated area, infact the only areas that are deemed dangerous in juarez are downtown and the outskirts but then again there wouldn't be a reason to be there haha

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
What games do you focus on? Like Seetoe stated, most EP smashers would be hesitant due to everything you see in the media, but I think I heard of few of them saying they would depending on what the draw is.

Also you'd probably reach a wider audience by posting in the facebook group. There's probably only 3-4 people in EP who browse smashboards on the regular.

Last edited:

Seetoe

Smash Rookie
" There's probably only 3-4 people in EP who browse smashboards on the regular."

WHICH IS SILLY IMO THERE IS A BIGGER AUDIENCE HERE. SORRY FOR YELLING.

The biggest barrier is the border. There's just a lot I don't know about Juarez, and most of what I know is second hand but scary. I would recommend coming up to El Paso from Juarez instead of the other way around, the scene is probably bigger here. Everyone we've met from Juarez is really cool, so you'd definitely be very welcome in El Paso.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
What games do you focus on? Like Seetoe stated, most EP smashers would be hesitant due to everything you see in the media, but I think I heard of few of them saying they would depending on what the draw is.

Also you'd probably reach a wider audience by posting in the facebook group. There's probably only 3-4 people in EP who browse smashboards on the regular.
I play Melee more but the majority here focus on Project M. My order is Melee, Project M and then Brawl but everyone else would be PM, Melee then Brawl.

" There's probably only 3-4 people in EP who browse smashboards on the regular."

WHICH IS SILLY IMO THERE IS A BIGGER AUDIENCE HERE. SORRY FOR YELLING.

The biggest barrier is the border. There's just a lot I don't know about Juarez, and most of what I know is second hand but scary. I would recommend coming up to El Paso from Juarez instead of the other way around, the scene is probably bigger here. Everyone we've met from Juarez is really cool, so you'd definitely be very welcome in El Paso.
Haha I'll be attending El Paso events in the future it's just that I can't legally cross because my papers are expired but once all that is taken care of, I'll make sure to drop by.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
I probably won't have any time to play, but I'll be visiting El Paso for a wedding on the weekend starting on the 14th of March.

I requested to join the EP Facebook page for the time being; if there's an opportunity to run into you guys, maybe I'll get some Melee / P:M in with you guys.

I'll have my controller, regardless.

Top Bottom