• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I love how Arturo ditches me as a partner so he can go shuttle loop Josh. -_-

If I do go to HOBO 17 me and ___ are gonna **** every one all sick in teams. XD

edit: only if my partner agrees to just SD 3 times and cheer me on, I think I can do it!

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
By the way, wanna thank you guys for coming out to EPAC this year. Sorry for the late response but I know a few of you were over there. Too bad I couldn't enter the tournament, reading the results I probably could have gotten top 3, I fairly certain I could have beaten Irene.

Anyways, we are more than happy to see any constructive feedback, but none of this 14 year old nonsense such at "Brawl sold 8 million copies" because honestly, sales has nothing to do with entries in an anime con tournament.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I'm not even remotely scared of you, fool, you can't beat this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbBwtgmtlJU&feature=channel_page
Im not scared! been there done that! ;) its a nice vid you got there honey. Love the xyro kills and what i liked the most was your chain of nairs over and over again, definitely something i am going to steal :)

Fallenpokemon: you are still a *****!...... *****!

Rockman: not top 3 if i attended :p

Arturo buurro: remember when you said you hated my bairs and eric and i thought you meant bears? lmao

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
By the way, wanna thank you guys for coming out to EPAC this year. Sorry for the late response but I know a few of you were over there. Too bad I couldn't enter the tournament, reading the results I probably could have gotten top 3, I fairly certain I could have beaten Irene.

Anyways, we are more than happy to see any constructive feedback, but none of this 14 year old nonsense such at "Brawl sold 8 million copies" because honestly, sales has nothing to do with entries in an anime con tournament.
Well we shouldn't have to quote sales to tell you that Brawl is played more than Street Fighter IV, Soul Caliber, and Tekken :laugh:

Top 3? ...

Are you talking about the "official" tournament that they had after me and richard wrecked everything? =p

ya dude screw those pkmn rules lol
not even worth our time
Yup :(

Fallenpokemon: you are still a *****!...... *****!

Imma Dair spike you.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Too bad the Brawl crowd certainly seemed to attract more players that Street Fighter. That 14 year old nonsense was meant to prove that more people had bought the game, increasing the chance that people at the anime con had played Brawl and not SF (thus making them more likely to enter a Brawl tournament). I also liked how you guys were announcing Street Fighter for a few hours for a crowd that couldn't have been over 30 when the unofficial Brawl tourney had to had entries cut off at 40 after about an hour of unofficial sign-ups. ;)

Also, I'm 15, kthx.

But yeah, EPAC was fun. Glad I could go.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I think sales do have to do a lot actually.... The more people buying the game the more competition. Age has nothing to do with it because obviously call of duty, halo, and sadly even gays of war has has so many 8 year olds playing it. I just think more people would have attended if it was properly planned.... like myself and tetsuya. Skyler you are like 19 dont lie

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
we played 3 days this past week and you clearly told me you couldnt today...... IMO we should play mon wed and thursday. WE leave friday morning but i want to talk to you guys about that cause of traffic. arturo do you have that gps? richy have you told your family? if not do it as soon as you read this

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

Well not many went because the rumors of the tournament where to iffy so most of us didn't bother.

No one is really going to quote stuff about brawl being more popular and getting more people than any other game you guys should have seen that your self that weekend when you spent 4 hours announcing SF and had to cap brawl after an hour like skylar said.

Besides that I heard that who ever was announcing brawl was really rude and wanted to do things the hard way just because it wasn't an official tournament. Off the top of my head they said he refused to use the intercom and people couldn't hear him.

If you guys don't mind josh winning next year we will all probably help out and at least triple your set ups with out much effort.

Now about hobo anthony i really want you to go since you haven't been to a big tournament yet and spending the night listening to luis snore is super fun XD. Which reminds me how come josh hasn't been posting here??

Also luis I'll try and get the GPS, we do need to discuss traffic though because i don't think the venue is 10 minutes away from richard's family's house this time.

rockman2k1

Smash Journeyman
Well we shouldn't have to quote sales to tell you that Brawl is played more than Street Fighter IV, Soul Caliber, and Tekken :laugh:
Too bad the Brawl crowd certainly seemed to attract more players that Street Fighter. That 14 year old nonsense was meant to prove that more people had bought the game, increasing the chance that people at the anime con had played Brawl and not SF (thus making them more likely to enter a Brawl tournament). I also liked how you guys were announcing Street Fighter for a few hours for a crowd that couldn't have been over 30 when the unofficial Brawl tourney had to had entries cut off at 40 after about an hour of unofficial sign-ups.
We are aware that Brawl is played more than the other games, reason being is mainly Brawl was geared towards casual players. The other games.....not so much.

Top 3? ...
Are you talking about the "official" tournament that they had after me and richard wrecked everything? =p
I'm talking about the tournament that Irene got 3rd in. Again, if she was able to get top 3, then I'm fairly certain I could have done just as well. That's the tournament I'm referring to, in my eyes, it was all "unoffical."

As for the SFIV sign up's, I won't lie, it took us a long time to get those entrants. But it wasn't because we had to beg for them, there were other reasons. We got a lot more entrees a lot faster for Blazblue the day after, but in the end, SFIV had a full 32 man bracket, Blazblue got around 25 or so I believe.

In the end, we were excited to have an event for SFIV, it was new, and it was mainstream, and people participated in it, heck, we had a player come down from Canada to play in the tournament. When next year starts rolling around we'll discuss what we'll end up doing for the gameroom tournament wise. From what I get from earlier posts, it makes me feel that you guys think we didn't host the tournament out of spite, (which is why I guess you guys were glad that SFIV and Blazblue had such "fail" entries) which wasn't the case.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I actually do think it was out of spite. We offered a lot of help and to pretty much run the whole tournament by our selfs yet we where still denied. You guys gave out a lot of reasons but the only one that we couldn't help out with was Street fighter being newer than brawl.

Plus it seemed some people got angry by us talking about winning.

shotOgrace

Smash Rookie
wow I spent hours looking for a place to talk to el paso brawlers and I finally found it lol . Sup guys

shotOgrace

Smash Rookie
im looking for any tournaments in el paso but no luck so far, the only one I found is in the outskirts of ep , in socorro

error13

Smash Journeyman
dude ur gonna get a double post
infraction no!!! but there is a tourney
on the 8th im throwing it and we play
a lot during the week t my house

how old r u

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
dude ur gonna get a double post
infraction no!!! but there is a tourney
on the 8th im throwing it and we play
a lot during the week t my house

how old r u
****! ****! I NEED AN ADULT!

Now who do we have....

im looking for any tournaments in el paso but no luck so far, the only one I found is in the outskirts of ep , in socorro
Hey! This girl I...

Wait a minute... :urg:

shotO[B][FONT="Arial Black said:
grace[/FONT][/B], post: 7949125"]Yep id like to think so, Im in a clan, SPA, at gametrailers.com and im also on aib. I made an account here a while ago but this is the first time i posted

Ahhhh!!!!

D''=

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yah how come josh doesn't drive always asking for rides lol.

What tournament in scorro though? we should go to that one too and how come you didn't know about it luis?

edit: anthony wtf where you drunk?

Top Bottom