• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Yah I can't go either since no 1 is driving and I don't have the money to go to hobo 11 and 2 weeks later go to ummm San Antonio?

I'm going to WHOBO for sure though already buying my plane ticket for that one except its in like April 10 lol. I want a bigger MM next time we're there so I can say I have the lead and not that we're even. Maybe like 20-30 I'm going to save a lot of money for this tournament. I'll get few of those 0-death combos again.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I thought you and royr were even and settled it at HOBO? Hopefully mine is different than theirs. I was looking forward even more on our falcon ganon match even more than HOBO 11. Some day its going down for sure.
This party is special though.... can't be absent...:urg:
That's how it went at HOBO10, but after our teams match against them we decided to settle it. I won 2-0 ;)

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
I would have won HOBO 10 if I had gone. With a Fox so intense you'd swear I ripped him straight out of Melee.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Community college tournament Oct 25th spread the word.
Now Vermillion is throwin another tournament, this one has to be badass. I would say November 8 but gears comes out the day before so i dont think people would show, I would say Nov 15 would be good a good date no? Can Anyone make Sick flyers?

THIS IS WHY EL PASO FAILS AT EVERYTHING, CAUSE PEOPLE JUST LET EVERYTHING DIE.
If this continues like this i wiil prolly just bail on brawl and play gears 2 all the time.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well the reason this thread is dieing is because we really have nothing to plan. Hobo 11 had a lot of things to put into like whos car housing MMs tons of other stuff. I'll ask a friend of mine to make me a flyer he might say no depending on how he feels and tell me its just a waste of time but I'm pretty sure I can convince him.

I need some information on the community collage like the time, entry fee, address and all that other stuff. I'm pretty sure we can get really big tournaments this andress tournament had 47 people and I don't think any of them went to the MP one so thats well over a 100 people we can get in there. Plus the more tournaments the more people we find to get the word around.

edit: I actually sent an Email or PM with my friends Myspace to tha fix about letting me host one there but they still haven't responded do they even check that thing? Whats it like anyways though is it an arcade or what?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Give me the info on V3RM's tourney and the Community College tourney so I can stick it in the OP.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well see you need to learn about the stuff in order to get the word around.

Just to keep the discussion up how about we make a list of the people who are actually going to attended for sure? A lot of other tournament threads do this. Of course theres only like 10 of us so I guess you'll have to ask people you tell.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I doubt it I mean even though we have the potential to get over a 100 people from el paso there might also be as little as 20. We need to build a nice community and advertise smash boards or el paso gamers so that way we have an easy way of gathering regulars.

I'm actually thinking I can get Rudolf Chevrolet and Sergio and lewis body paint to sponsor a tournament I just don't want to ask before I get a really good venue to do it at or at least one that has a good # of chairs and space.

edit: If I do the flyers I'm going to put links to this thread and el paso gamers to see how many people show up. Maybe we could get people to travel for the second one if we get a good number at the community collage one. At least people from new mexico.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
yeah that would be a nice start. other than that we need to go to Central Txas to do something about it ourselves. Ill try and see what i can figure out

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
At least people from new mexico.
I'm sorry, that almost killed me.

Anyway, I'll hold ONE more tournament before I'm done with Major Players. It's going to be the same format as the last one, you know the usual rules, I don't think I need to spell them out for you. I'll make a thread once I decide on a date. Is Duffman's date of November 15th cool with everyone? And really, if we want out of state players to come we have to have a reason. Some places up the pot if an out of state player wins. Everywhere else also offers free housing. Do we do that? I don't think I've ever seen anyone here offer housing. So yeah. Let's get on the ball ladies.

OH yeah and I'll need a flyer. I was going to just modify the one that was made for the last tournament but my Macbook decided to die from cancer yesterday so I don't have the flyer anymore. I'll make all the copies and ****, I just need a flyer to print out. When I'm done printing, I'll get them to you ******s so you guys can spread them around town... like a virus. The Motaba Virus. ****ing monkeys.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
What the why did I almost kill you? are you quiting MP or something like that?

I actually will offer free housing as I was coming back to the computer right now I was just thinking about it. I'd say I can fit around 10 people at my house kind of weird because half will have to sleep all the way on the other side of the house because my room is completely separated from the rest of the house. (It used to be a garage.) We can't count on skyler for housing lol who else would be able to do it?

How would we up the prize pot though? charge a venue fee and add it if an out of stater wins? I was thinking that if the collage tournament has a good turn out we could up the entry fee at your tournament.

We should also think about adding doubles since that may attract a few more people seeking to win money.

edit: I just thought about adding an add in my school news paper I'll see if I can work that out.

Nov 15 is good with me but I'm do you think thats enough time to make it really big?

edit2: going to bed I'll read the other stuff in the mourning at school if I can.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
**** I don't know if the 15th is a good date or not. That's why I'm asking. And yeah, I guess we could charge a venue fee. I dunno. If I wouldn't stay in a stranger's house I **** sure wouldn't let one into mine. I've never run a doubles tournament, but I don't mind having one. If it'll be the last one I hold, might as well do both. But would they be the same day?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
yes charge like a $2 venue fee because I'm going to take an add out in my school news paper and a small one costs me 24$. From what they told me in Houston thats actually what venue fees are for if theres anything left from what the venue charges.

edit: for the tournament I say charge 10 for singles and 20 for doubles kind of obvious. Depending on how many people show up to the community collage one maybe we can make it 15$ for singles.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I wish i could house people but I live in Socorro so i am pretty poor and have no space. Other than that i can give rides and all that other stuff. Richard said he would give them massages. Any other date would be cool also just not the 22nd of Nov cause thats when the oklahoma one is. I want to see the flyer already too so get to it error boy. As soon as you have it post it up, Email it to me too please furiousduffman@hotmail.com.
2$ venue fee is cool. LETS DO THIS ****

one little question... Metaknight banned? olimar and pit while you are at it.
We should start a NM vs El Paso crew battle to make things interesting.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
$15 for singles? That's pretty ridiculous. Especially for El Paso. $10 max. And we can't charge a venue fee. I checked. If we do we won't be able to keep it. BUT! If any out of state players do show and one wins, I'll put up an extra $100 for 1st place. Richard, here's the info:

Registration starts at 10:00 am, tournament starts at 12:00
Entry Fee: $10.00
Format: I don't think we should list ALL the rules, but put that we're having a singles and doubles tournament. Um, MLG rules? I'm not even sure what else to put in regards to that. It shouldn't be too wordy.
Where: The address is 1580 George Dieter, phone number is 849-6800

Uh, what else needs to be on there? Anyone?

Also, banning Metaknight may lower the number of attendees we get, especially the scrubs who *think* they're good with him. They're always good for padding the prize money so I don't think scaring them off is a good thing. Is HOBO going to ban him?

Richard, you need to put something on the flyer to make it seem intense. Like it's going to be the ULTIMATE El Paso Brawl tournament. Be creative. And make a cool name for it.

Get to it *****.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Also, we're going to need setups. Who can bring what? The store has 3 tv's we can use, I have 1 so that makes 4 tvs total so far. I have my Wii and the store's Wii so thats 2 systems. We had 6 last time, more would make it go quicker... which will help, especially since we're trying to get a huge turnout. ALSO, I'm going to need help running the tournament. It'll go much quicker if I have people watching the matches and reporting the results to me. Should we do a normal tournament or one with pools?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Might want to change the time a bit if people from Albuquerque are driving they might not make it here by 12. I'm thinking 2 PM would be a good time but at least 1 to give them more time for the guys who don't actually need housing just a bit of time to get here. Kind of sucks about the venue fee not being able to do it but I guess if your putting 100$ out of your own pocket I'll pay for the news paper advertising. I'll get the word spread around the NE.

Put link to the thread where people can check the rules. Also a link to el paso gamers because I imagine people from el paso would sign up on there and say if they are going or want to ask questions. Much easier and less intimidating than calling.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735 I say we go with stage strike instead of random you get a stage both people relatively like that way and it only takes like 30 seconds at the most.

Hobo 12 is banning MK but it isn't really a problem over here. Its your choice but I could care less.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I say we do pools that gets everyone like 10 or more matches I'd say. the way hobo did it was like 7-8 people in a pool there where like 21 total and the top 3 advanced. Every time you won you got a point and you faced everyone twice.

I have 3 TVs and my wii I might be able to get 3 others from andress I'll let you know as I here more information on it.

edit: going home now I'll be back in like 30 mins since I have no life.

Outlawstar2121

Smash Cadet
I'll help out with the results, the last tourny would of been so much faster if people would of just done it. Make it an emphasis for people to report in their results this time and do an or else if they dont...you can figure out the or else.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
The richard and Josh newport banned tourney

I can take mi wii to the tourney and help out with the results aswell. If we do pools we can just assign each one of us to a TV. So is it agreed on NOV 15? I check other cities and this date is still open on many places i think.
SBR rules are fine. Don't care about MK either and it would scare noobies like raul. Just lets try to get the thread up and running aswell. Richard is working on the flyer right now i think and hope so. Its going to be an emo one.
Vermillion: you got the Community College rules? Arturo wants to know them.
Don't you love it when you are at work and on smashboards?

Ultimate EP brawl Southwest invitational
idk i suck on titles

Neocell

Smash Rookie
I can bring a TV... would bring my Wii but.. :p you know how that goes. NAH don't ban MK, he's my only ticket to 2 stocking your falco :)))))

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I can bring a TV... would bring my Wii but.. :p you know how that goes. NAH don't ban MK, he's my only ticket to 2 stocking your falco :)))))
One out of 10 times though, you got a chance lol. besides who said i would use falco. I am gonna tell my friend so you can lose to his wolf:p

attach it to an email and send it to me please
furiousduffman@hotmail.com

Arturo have you told NM?
I want to mm falcon vs ike that xion guy lol.
Hope they accept a money crew match aswell

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Alright i liked the first one, black and white.
Dont like the 2nd one.
FIX:
Maybe put SBR rules somewhere on there for the pros?
10$ per person on doubles, we know what you mean but there are always stupid people that will say we thought it was 10$ for a team. might want to fix that too
Registration from 10-12. Then people will say its too early cause they thought they had to register at 10

Arturo: if people come from NM they should have enough time if they leave like at 7 in the morning. Besides if they might be late they call always call the store or any one of us.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well alright but I see a lot of tournies start a bit later. Last one ended up starting at 1 anyways I think.

I actually like the second flyer better that shining El paso thing looks pretty kool. I think you should add a link to the tournament thread or el paso gamers when it gets done because that way we may get a # before hand like other tournaments.

I might go ahead and try to get someone to sponsor the tournament to add to the prize pot but if they say yes we would have to remake the fliers to include advertising in it. what do you guys think?

error13

Smash Journeyman
i could edit the flyer however im a shop master heh, and um
ya just tell me what to add, im just a tool

Top Bottom