• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

El Paso Thread

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I see...

Hm...

Well, I still won't travel for tournaments. I'm to lazy. We need to have more tournies in El Paso.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
The reason we didn't have one was because we were going to HOBO but now Arturo is the only one going :(.
Ill go to the Andress one then after Oct. 18 we can have a major one i guess

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Untill they ban Metaknight, Dojo is gonna 3 stock everyone at hobo11...again.

You're wasting your money.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can't even go the the Andress tourney. My parents are making me help with a **** garage sale ._.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Kind of. Looks kinda crappy though. It looks like its missing something. Quality being the main culprit.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Dojo didn't 3 stock everyone you guys should have really gone this thing was ****en great!

I made it past the pools thanks to this one guy named pipes that I stayed with at the hotel since he forfeited his 2 matches so I could go by.

There where a lot of really good people there texas didn't even get top 3 =\. El paso got like 33rd if your wondering not sure if allen posted up the results yet.

Man this is just so awesome and I'm at the airport right now for like another 3 hours lol so I'm just writing about this everywhere I go.

I have a lot of azen videos with me though and some royr too. M2k didn't let anyone record though...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Didn't MK like **** HOBO?

Apparently everybody's trying to get them to ban MK because of this ._.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Finally back from no where
Arturo: Nice **** going to HOBO, did you put in a word for El Paso? I wish i would have gone (i'm sure everyone has been thinking that)
Who do i have to talk to for the Andress tourney?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well the one we really should plan to go to in easter 09. right now it has 1000$ prize garanteed and they are looking for more money to add to it. Plus they want it to be like a 200-300 thing. It's a 3 day event too so we really need to plan for this one.

I'll probably buy my plane ticket with my 1st 2 paychecks.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hey.

If you guys can, post links to videos of you guys matches here. I'll put them in the OP because ours is all small.

Houston thread makes me feel self-conscious.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
Error did you didn't even upload even one vid? they must have looked pretty funny.

Come on ladies no one has been posting as much as before. do it even if you just talk about your barbies or something

error13

Smash Journeyman
they looked weird like, the characters looked backwards... like my b=air looked like a f-air, on the percent was all flipped and the names and the approaching looked all backwards it was just weird to watch..... we'll record again though maybe you'll win some next time

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
So anyway, Fox > Ike. Arturito what is the prize for the Andress tournament? A hair straightener or some ****?

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
If Fox > Ike and Falcon > Fox then that means Falcon >> Ike, YEAH take that ****. times 2 cause i am drunk. Free Money for you I think. I am going to mission top secret gears ; ). I drunkenly told Eric what it was sorry...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
1st place was a 50$ walmart giftcard a 6$ coupon for the movie theater on the NE and a keychain.

2nd was the same thing except 25$

I got 2nd =\, there where actually people there who didn't completely suck.

So how do you post the results from TIO?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Yah I think I screwed my self over.

I took a VCR to record the things and I'm not sure but I felt a lot of lag on the TVs even more than wifi. There where a few people that didn't suck but I ended up loosing to a luigi so yah...

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I wouldn't think that the vcr would slow things down at all, was the tv ok?
I think you felt all that lag cause ike is ssssoooo slow that he deserved to be falcon punched

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well what happened is we used an antena cabel to connect it to the TV idk if that actually matters or not and if it doesn't I was having a bad day then. I couldn't even jab cancel.

edit: so are we going to have another major players tournament soon? It's been 2 months now and my thing for tournaments isn't really working out.

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
Eh. I'm not going to hold one. Someone else do it. Tell Tha Fix or Gamers Haven to do it. **** tournaments.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Hello good sirs,

I just wanted to remind everyone about my tournament this weekend. All of TX's best will be there, and it will be amazingly sexy. Focus on doubles with a 2 stock singles tournament. I can provide housing and I will have a BBQ after the tournament. The venue also has a 3S machine on free play. All the info is here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
**** man ^ that tourney is the perfect one to go to. housing and everything helps me out on my whole $$$ situation. (probably spend it on money matches anyway) it blows that my friend is having his party this weekend.....
I am tournament hungry. New Mexico needs to have one, we need to have one, then i need to win all of them.
Something i just remembered: where is Tegentoppentetsuya????? and QUEEN ZELDA???
P.S. Falcons balls are bigger than ganons ;)

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
**** man ^ that tourney is the perfect one to go to. housing and everything helps me out on my whole $$$ situation. (probably spend it on money matches anyway) it blows that my friend is having his party this weekend.....
I am tournament hungry. New Mexico needs to have one, we need to have one, then i need to win all of them.
Something i just remembered: where is Tegentoppentetsuya????? and QUEEN ZELDA???
P.S. Falcons balls are bigger than ganons ;)
RoyR and Dojo have both challenged me to Falcon/Ganon matches to determine who's balls are bigger, and I'm currently winning 4-0. ;)

Parties happen every day, but Smash tournaments don't! You can come party at my place after the tournament ;)

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
RoyR and Dojo have both challenged me to Falcon/Ganon matches to determine who's balls are bigger, and I'm currently winning 4-0. ;)

Parties happen every day, but Smash tournaments don't! You can come party at my place after the tournament ;)
I thought you and royr were even and settled it at HOBO? Hopefully mine is different than theirs. I was looking forward even more on our falcon ganon match even more than HOBO 11. Some day its going down for sure.
This party is special though.... can't be absent...:urg:

Top Bottom