• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL CHICAGO!!!, March 10th, 2007 - Let's get it on, midwest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster14169

Smash Rookie
well where only about 30 min away and it our first tourny, so i really have no idea how far well get...al i kno is well finally be able to face opponets that can beat us :p

Dopey

Smash Lord
team $ matches then zec n wuwu/anyone? do whatever amount you like, the outcome shall be the same. ppl think ganon is just big, but he has more range than marth lol.

btw who is housing me/joel/LMT/dirj/maybe 1 more person not sure yet for this on friday or sat?

Scythe

Smash Master
Attention

GET THERE AT 10:00 AM PEOPLE!
Here is a aim conversation i had with one of the people who is running it. I asked about the money issue too.
ScytheMaguss(00000000)I'm going for smash only and iwas wondering if it would be alright if i just signed up there and i was wondering what time i need to be there because the topic on smashboards says 12:00 pm but your site says 10:00 am for signups.
TheEGLeague (9:23:27 PM): u can sign up at the doorT
heEGLeague (9:23:37 PM): be there around 10 so we can do brackets and pools
ScytheMaguss (9:24:32 PM): alright
ScytheMaguss (9:24:51 PM): i'll go inform the people on smashboards so they aren't 2 hours late.
TheEGLeague (9:24:17 PM): lots of people going for SSBM?
TheEGLeague (9:24:18 PM): do u know
ScytheMaguss (9:25:15 PM): i'n not really sure
ScytheMaguss (9:25:42 PM): it's hard to tell cause some people just lurk around and odn't say they're going.
ScytheMaguss (9:26:16 PM): someone said something about how they weren't getting their winnings or something.
TheEGLeague (9:26:17 PM): if enough show we may just pay at the door :pTheEGLeague (9:26:23 PM): for smash
ScytheMaguss (9:27:41 PM): what about people who win this weekend?
TheEGLeague (9:27:11 PM): thats what i meant
ScytheMaguss (9:28:07 PM): oh alright

So make sure to come to this. >_<

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
joellll, jesse said that he will team with you :D.

rofl, going to be funny when eddie busts out fox on wuwu and just ***** him heh. zec should really watch that match if it happens, because eddie will show you how to really play falco with fox :p.
I have complete and utter faith in wuwu v anyone's fox....even my own unfortunately... I love eddie and all but you know he cant be ready for wuwu....

plus, din't wuwu 2or 3 stock your fox in crews last time? you're sayin eddie's is better??

~Zec

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, eddie 3 stocked my falco twice, last tourny, and lets be serious here, i wasnt playing at damiens <_< you might have thought i was(idk how -_-) but i wanted to go home. i also think either you beat my fox or falco in the crews as well.

we'll just see i guess.

Wuwu

Smash Cadet
I'm excited about playing eddie's fox, especially with Tink's boasting.

haha.. eddie you better be effing awesome, for Tink's sake and his falco's pride.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
**** I hate you two for bein able to go and livin in a place where most of the tourneys happen in this state. Well good luck to the both of ya and tell me all about it when you *****es come back.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
rofl, eddie 3 stocked my falco twice, last tourny, and lets be serious here, i wasnt playing at damiens <_< you might have thought i was(idk how -_-) but i wanted to go home. i also think either you beat my fox or falco in the crews as well.

we'll just see i guess.
wthell is that supposed to mean? I've seen your tourny vids and the tech is like half of how you play in friendlies...like it is for most people due to stress and pressure etc...I guess you'll just have to prove yourself or hope that eddie really whoops josh's ***...

~Zec

DLK

Smash Apprentice
Chicago- IM if u live near chicago always looking
Wow alot of hate here with WuWu vs. eddy. But anyways ill prolly be showing up. Hopefully i get a teams partner. Any ways so this better be worth it im doin a no call no show for work dammit. Anyways Ill bring my Juicy Juice.

~Juicy Juice Out~

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
if ken says go EGL, then im going to go EGL. dont forget people werent getting money from MLG in the beginning too, BTW all just to update im fairly sure me and vidjo are teaming for this, thanks for the offers though

Tink

Smash Hero
zec- ROFL, son, i dont play hard in friendlies <_<. theres no reason too. its for fun, that is all. what your saying is the exact opposite of how it really is. people play harder in tourny and play better, regardless of pressure and stress. people can always throw that john out there, thats thats****.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
zec- ROFL, son, i dont play hard in friendlies <_<. theres no reason too. its for fun, that is all. what your saying is the exact opposite of how it really is. people play harder in tourny and play better, regardless of pressure and stress. people can always throw that john out there, thats thats****.
so wait.......when i........when i beat your fox it was...........it was nothing???? :*(:*(:*(:*(:*(:*(:*(:*(:*(

Tink

Smash Hero
well, kinda <_<. im just saying that when somethings on the line, you tend to play harder then if nothing is. thats why MMs are the way to go when you want to test yourself.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
well im going to this but im paying for gas and 1 or 2 of sauces meals so i cant really afford much. 5$ would be the MAX

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
but it was crew's not friendlies and the people in your crew at the time were watching and if you win/lose actually matters...

it wasn't just a random friendly

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im just re-iterating i still have un-affiliated myself and am not showing, so gl and i hope they arent gay t.t;

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
they started being shady. he gradually started ignoring my IM's when we were discussing things, then one day he said he was gonna buy me the plane ticket to fly over and he'd PM me the info later that night. I didn't hear from him for 2 weeks after that.

Also, my friend left a cube at the last EGL and when he asks for it the guy ignores him.

Any business who solves conflict with just ignoring people is lame, imo, and i want nothing to do with :/

the tourney will probably go well as long as someone from the MW steps it up and runs it themselves.

As far as getitng the $, i have no idea for sure

Dopey

Smash Lord
since the MW simply owns, any tourny held within its boundries is automaticaly better. dunno bout them EC ladies tho, they got stained dresses.

guess we are crashin at tinks tonight, then hittin up egl in teh mornin. 5 from MI on the way.

wuwu, wanna $ match my fox v ur falco? =)

Scythe

Smash Master
Remember that signups are at 10:30 people.
the first page is wrong.

Demi-god

Smash Journeyman
yeah im not going for a few reasons... one being that i have nooo effin clue what ppl are like and what kida scam they might try

buster14169

Smash Rookie
**** that was some good **** today, its too bad for anyone that missed it, it twas fun. i dont care whether the groups shady or not i was jus goin to play. it was my first time and apparently im better then i thought i was... :)

-Zac

P.S. Wuwu and Zec rock the house!

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
**** that was some good **** today, its too bad for anyone that missed it, it twas fun. i dont care whether the groups shady or not i was jus goin to play. it was my first time and apparently im better then i thought i was... :)

-Zac

P.S. Wuwu and Zec rock the house!
Really? Daaaangit! I wish I coulda gone, curse not havin a car.

ACK1012

Smash Cadet
Well, this being my second tournament, aside from MLG, EGL it really wasn't that bad. Sure, fairly disorganized, and I got there at around 11-12, and singles didn't start till around 5. There were only 8 or 9 smash TVs, but only like 4-5 official matches max, were going on at each TV. I went with three friends, we're only beginner smashers, and we just go to these tournaments for Experience. The draft that I had, was probably the worst one ever, I had to play (get ***** by) WuWu first round, and in the losers bracket, I had to get pwned by Kel. My 2 friends that I went with had similar scenarios. But overall I thought EGL was nice, I played a lot of friendlies, and it was fun.

Basically EGL held a tournament, the accomplished the basics, not much else. It didn't wow me, but it wasn't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom