• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

Slhoka

Smash Lord
you can add salepate and I on that list !
And Qlex ! =p
And we'll be able to find quite a few more frenchies when we'll spread the word on the French boards (but we need more informations first).

I think out of country smashers are posting more than smashers in the USA in this topic o_o
Europeans never had such a great occasion to prepare a trip to the states in order to attend a tournament. So people really want to do their best to go there, and I think it's important for the tournament hosts and attendants to know that on another side of the world, there's many guys saying "It will cost me soooo much, but I don't care, I wanna come !" about your tournament.

However, one has to be realistic. While the tournament has been announced more than early enough to prepare a trip, many people won't be able to come even though they planned to do so. I think many of us have need to fulfill a condition to go to Boston, like finding a job or a way to make money during this year.

But anyway, this tournament looks like it will top every us tournament in terms of foreign attendance =p

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I apparently am housing people from the Netherlands and possibly Japanese smashers so I can't help ya on that one D:

Samochan

Smash Master
I apparently am housing people from the Netherlands and possibly Japanese smashers so I can't help ya on that one D:
Hey, room for one finnish smasher? :p Or whatever, but I might need to go trough netherlands since amsah is the only one I know who owns ntsc and stay there for a week before leaving to USA, or go alone all the way to boston and try to navigate my way there and then get used to ntsc for a week and get some sightseeing done too.

Amsah, other dutches and japanese could prolly teach me the way of ntsc melee. ^^

Or I could go with the swedish/english/norwegian/german smashers too, it would be nice.

But it's pretty awesome that this is well in advance, we can prepare as much as we can so many can show up, especially foreigners. Largest international tournament ftw?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Woo boy, I need to keep an eye on this.

Hey Matt - about what we talked about.

Scratch that.
This makes me incredibly happy =)

Forgive me for not making an appearance at Smashtality, though. I tried ._.

Hey, room for one finnish smasher? :p Or whatever, but I might need to go trough netherlands since amsah is the only one I know who owns ntsc and stay there for a week before leaving to USA, or go alone all the way to boston and try to navigate my way there and then get used to ntsc for a week and get some sightseeing done too.

Amsah, other dutches and japanese could prolly teach me the way of ntsc melee. ^^

Or I could go with the swedish/english/norwegian/german smashers too, it would be nice.

But it's pretty awesome that this is well in advance, we can prepare as much as we can so many can show up, especially foreigners. Largest international tournament ftw?
If you come with the dutch then I don't see any reason you can not stay with me.

My house really isn't That big though. ^^; I can't really house anyone else.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It WILL happen.
The venue will be confirmed not too long from now. I cannot tell you exactly when. As soon as the venue is confirmed the ruleset and all that will be up.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Ill try to go for the melee section and maybe brawl doubles

yo hungrybox we gotta figure out who else wants to go from central florida that way we can all ride together, ill try to get colbol to go with us, he'll probably be down

Samochan

Smash Master
Are you a hot girl? Finland is close to Sweden so I guess it counts.
Dunno bout hawtness, but I have bewbs so I classify as a girl. And scandinavian. Is it enough? :p

But would 3 day event really be enough for melee singles and doubles, brawl singles and doubles and even ssb64 tourney? With room for 400 players, I'd expect at least 300 to show up at this rate both games combined since it's international. With time limits, the time for casuals, food and sleep (god pools at morning are awful, shame I'm not a morning person) will be left at minimum, which is a shame cause I luv friendly matches. I do hope we'll be offered some warm food for reasonable price and I'll be ****ed if matches are recorded and they do not show up on tube for free or are otherwise unable to be put into combo vids and likes.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155175
MA player finder. We don't spam nearly as much as CT though.

We're like the birthplace of the revolution and stuff! Didn't Australia used to be run by the British too? We can share in our **** THE BRITS attitude. And you guys wiped out some indigenous populations too?? Wow we have so much in common lol
Check and check.

Australia is a perfect example of the effects of colonization and we hardly hear the end of it when it comes to the olympics as well, the Brits and their medal tally.
: P

Good thing we're better than them where it matters. In the Cricket, and in the footy :laugh:

A full Aus crew would be epic.
Australia Vs. England crew battle, as it should be.

I wanna bring over the Diddy Tech & Bring back the Melee Falco sexiness (Though my Falco fails harcore -_-)

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
this is going to be so crazy. maybe we can get discounts on hotels for this or something.

there isn't enough housing in boston for this at all

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Dare I ask if there are any hostels in Boston?
I'd assume there would be something of the sort.

Either way, just give me space on the floor.
Go to enough STD smashfests, and you'll find somewhere to sleep.

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
wtf tony are u preparing your trip without me? makes me sad...srlsy iam hurt.

And we're aiming for July 17-19.
this would be a great date...or later but pls dont make it earlier^^

are there Abercrombie shops in boston? in europe there is only one and i really want some anf stuffffffffffffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
wtf tony are u preparing your trip without me? makes me sad...srlsy iam hurt.

And we're aiming for July 17-19.
this would be a great date...or later but pls dont make it earlier^^

are there Abercrombie shops in boston? in europe there is only one and i really want some anf stuffffffffffffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: omg iam sry my firefox is ****ed up atm sry

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
this is going to be so crazy. maybe we can get discounts on hotels for this or something.

there isn't enough housing in boston for this at all
Read the first post:
Hotel deals.
The mages said they'd handle that once we have a 100% secure venue.

Dare I ask if there are any hostels in Boston?
I'd assume there would be something of the sort.

Either way, just give me space on the floor.
Go to enough STD smashfests, and you'll find somewhere to sleep.
Yes, many many hotels.

Yeah there are millions like Memphis said.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Everyone who stays at my house must MM me.

Vyse, I am sure there are some in and around Boston you could find.
As well, this is doable without a car seeing as Boston has trains out the ***. $2 a trip, so if you do get a motel/cheap hotel not too close to the venue I can bet there is a train/bus within 10 minutes of it that will ultimately lead you close enough to the venue to walk/get a quick ride.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Well, I doubt I would be able to make it to a tournament that far away, but, if I can convince my parents, and if I can find a ride, and I can come up with the money... You can bet I'll be there. The ride is probably the hardest part. Anyone else coming from Ohio who doesn't mind driving a complete scrub when you probably should be driving someone skilled? XD Well, hopefully by then I'll be less scrubby... I'm getting waveshining down (even though I main marth O_O)

PS: I'll only be there for melee/64, unless I decide that brawl deserves a second chance because I see something good happen to the metagame (unlikely)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Nealdt is running this? Interesting....... wub <3

One of Melbourne AU's best smashers is from Boston, maybe he should like, go home for this lolz

Vyse, hostels arent a big thing in the US, everyones houses are larger anyway

Who from SoCal is going to thisssssss?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Nealdt is running this? Interesting....... wub <3

One of Melbourne AU's best smashers is from Boston, maybe he should like, go home for this lolz

Vyse, hostels arent a big thing in the US, everyones houses are larger anyway

Who from SoCal isn't going to thisssssss?
Oh, he said Hostels. I honestly thought it was a typo. ^^; Anyway as far as I am aware there are no hostels in the Boston area.

Fix'd, too.

Reaper... yes. Followed by multiple Roy dittos.

Top Bottom